L.A. Noire + 60fps unlocker + SLI profile
So... I got LA Noire running @60fps in SLI finally using a 60fps unlocker mod and using a modified profile to run LA noire in SLI. Its running fine apart from the game occasionally stutters, I'll stand in the street and look one direction its silky smooth, I'll then look another and it will stutter. It's not a GPU load issue, both cards are still under 70% load at all times. Anyone else experiencing stutters in this game and have found a fix for it?

Cheers.
So... I got LA Noire running @60fps in SLI finally using a 60fps unlocker mod and using a modified profile to run LA noire in SLI. Its running fine apart from the game occasionally stutters, I'll stand in the street and look one direction its silky smooth, I'll then look another and it will stutter. It's not a GPU load issue, both cards are still under 70% load at all times. Anyone else experiencing stutters in this game and have found a fix for it?

Cheers.

Posted 01/04/2012 12:38 PM   
Yeah you need to add -str to the command land from the launcher, or just add it to the end of a shortcut for the exe like this:

"E:\Games\L.A. Noire\LANoire.exe" -str

The stuttering is something to do with multi thread cpus.

My issue is that I've just installed the new DX11 patch for it, which I was very excited to see in action, and now it's broken the 60fps unlocker mod, so i'm back to 30fps.

Honestly, I have no idea who these people are that feel 30fps is an acceptable frame rate. Once you're used to 60fps, 30fps just seems so awful. The silky smoothness of 60fps you can see instantly.

So now I either need to wait for someone to unlock the fps for the DX11 version or continue playing the game on DX9. Very frustrating.
Yeah you need to add -str to the command land from the launcher, or just add it to the end of a shortcut for the exe like this:

"E:\Games\L.A. Noire\LANoire.exe" -str

The stuttering is something to do with multi thread cpus.

My issue is that I've just installed the new DX11 patch for it, which I was very excited to see in action, and now it's broken the 60fps unlocker mod, so i'm back to 30fps.

Honestly, I have no idea who these people are that feel 30fps is an acceptable frame rate. Once you're used to 60fps, 30fps just seems so awful. The silky smoothness of 60fps you can see instantly.

So now I either need to wait for someone to unlock the fps for the DX11 version or continue playing the game on DX9. Very frustrating.

Posted 02/18/2012 03:41 PM   
Wow so long time and finally now got some feedback for this game heh. well I tried the the command "-str" and it only makes it a little worse for me unfortunately. However [i][b]Coldscooter[/b][/i], can you confirm for me in all honesty that you can play this games in SLI at 60fps in dx9 with the fps never dipping below 60fps and no stutters?
Wow so long time and finally now got some feedback for this game heh. well I tried the the command "-str" and it only makes it a little worse for me unfortunately. However Coldscooter, can you confirm for me in all honesty that you can play this games in SLI at 60fps in dx9 with the fps never dipping below 60fps and no stutters?

Posted 02/21/2012 03:22 AM   
Hey, I'm having trouble getting sli to work. I've imported a few different profiles with no luck. Do you mind posting your profile for me?
Hey, I'm having trouble getting sli to work. I've imported a few different profiles with no luck. Do you mind posting your profile for me?

Posted 02/23/2012 10:03 PM   
[i][b]Steppenwolfsbane[/b][/i]

First you gotta get yourself a tool called [i][b]"Geforce_SLI_Profile_Tool"[/b][/i] (just google it its easy to find). Open it then click the button to extract the nvidia profiles as a .txt file to somewhere on your computer i.e, your desktop. Once you've done that, open the extracted file and find the profile for LA Noire, the find the string that starts: [i][b]"setting ID_0x1095def8 ="[/b][/i] replace the the hexidecimal number thats following it with [i][b]"0x03400405"[/b][/i]. This is what works for me but the games still stutters and the fps still drops often even though both cards are only being used around 50% each.
Steppenwolfsbane

First you gotta get yourself a tool called "Geforce_SLI_Profile_Tool" (just google it its easy to find). Open it then click the button to extract the nvidia profiles as a .txt file to somewhere on your computer i.e, your desktop. Once you've done that, open the extracted file and find the profile for LA Noire, the find the string that starts: "setting ID_0x1095def8 =" replace the the hexidecimal number thats following it with "0x03400405". This is what works for me but the games still stutters and the fps still drops often even though both cards are only being used around 50% each.

Posted 02/24/2012 02:06 AM   
Scroll To Top