BF3 crash/freeze all the time
So yeah, bf3 keeps freezing all the time. i can play about 10 minutes and the game crashes on me.
There are alot of people with this same problem
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654489414318022/141/ here's 141 pages of people complaining about it.
My system specs:
Intel Core i7 2600K 3.40GHZ
Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 DirectCU II 1536MB
Asus Maximus IV Extreme, Intel P67
8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD + 2TB SATA II
Corsair 650W
Windows 7 64-bit
I used to get this message every time it crashed
[b]"DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with
DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG: Device hung due to badly formed
commands.. GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580", Driver: 28562"[/b]
I have newest DirectX version and newest driver version. Temperatures are normal, perfect infact.
This crashing and freezing happens only with BF3, i can play other games normally.
So i re-installed drivers, tried the new beta ones, and instead of getting that message i mentioned above, whole computer freezes now. i can only reset it to make it work again.
Its very frustrating to have this problem. i bought this new setup just to play bf3 on max graphic settings and i cant even play the game properly in any graphic setting levels. tried even the minimum. still freezes...
Come on guys, whats up?
So yeah, bf3 keeps freezing all the time. i can play about 10 minutes and the game crashes on me.

There are alot of people with this same problem

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654489414318022/141/
here's 141 pages of people complaining about it.

My system specs:

Intel Core i7 2600K 3.40GHZ

Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 DirectCU II 1536MB

Asus Maximus IV Extreme, Intel P67

8GB 1600 MHz DDR3

OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD + 2TB SATA II

Corsair 650W

Windows 7 64-bit

I used to get this message every time it crashed

"DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG: Device hung due to badly formed

commands.. GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580", Driver: 28562"

I have newest DirectX version and newest driver version. Temperatures are normal, perfect infact.

This crashing and freezing happens only with BF3, i can play other games normally.

So i re-installed drivers, tried the new beta ones, and instead of getting that message i mentioned above, whole computer freezes now. i can only reset it to make it work again.

Its very frustrating to have this problem. i bought this new setup just to play bf3 on max graphic settings and i cant even play the game properly in any graphic setting levels. tried even the minimum. still freezes...

Come on guys, whats up?

Posted 01/04/2012 01:17 AM   
This is also happening to me. I have tried to get EA to help me, and all the do is give me 20% off coupons to their poop origin.

GTX470

4 gigs of ram

and a core 2 quad.
This is also happening to me. I have tried to get EA to help me, and all the do is give me 20% off coupons to their poop origin.

GTX470

4 gigs of ram

and a core 2 quad.

Posted 01/04/2012 04:26 AM   
Same thing here.
GTX460.
12Gb RAM
Intel i7 3.4GHz

With 285.62 version I would get a freeze or blank screen.
With 290.53 in multiplayer I will finish each mission and freeze afterwards.
A workaround is to fresh install drivers each time. Then it will work like a charm.
Obviously I cannot have this as a permanent solution.

Any help welcome.
Same thing here.

GTX460.

12Gb RAM

Intel i7 3.4GHz

With 285.62 version I would get a freeze or blank screen.

With 290.53 in multiplayer I will finish each mission and freeze afterwards.

A workaround is to fresh install drivers each time. Then it will work like a charm.

Obviously I cannot have this as a permanent solution.

Any help welcome.

Posted 01/04/2012 02:29 PM   
seriously i dont understand why it is so hard to fix this thing. thousands of people are having this problem. its kinda like slapping in the face for people who have spent hundreds maybe thousands of € in nVidia products.
seriously i dont understand why it is so hard to fix this thing. thousands of people are having this problem. its kinda like slapping in the face for people who have spent hundreds maybe thousands of € in nVidia products.

Posted 01/05/2012 05:05 AM   
Yeah I have been trying to fix this issue since release. Tried everything from driver updates, BIOS updates, overclocking GPU to underclocking voltage etc., lowering graphics, etc. Went as far as going to Command Prompt and manually increasing my VROM to 3 GB. Temperature not an issue. Still get the sound loop buzz computer freeze. The only way I can get this game to work consistently is to disable my sound card. This is ridiculous because sound is an important part of the experience/gameplay. Someone suggested buying an external USB soundcard? I will purchase one see if this fixes it. SWTOR runs at 60+ FPS at max settings, no lag, no crashes.

Specs
Q8800 2.5ghz quad
4 GB RAM DDR 2 :(
7200 Green Caviar 1TB HD
ASUS PQZ Motherboard
460 GTX HAWK (MSI)
4 20 mm fans
Yeah I have been trying to fix this issue since release. Tried everything from driver updates, BIOS updates, overclocking GPU to underclocking voltage etc., lowering graphics, etc. Went as far as going to Command Prompt and manually increasing my VROM to 3 GB. Temperature not an issue. Still get the sound loop buzz computer freeze. The only way I can get this game to work consistently is to disable my sound card. This is ridiculous because sound is an important part of the experience/gameplay. Someone suggested buying an external USB soundcard? I will purchase one see if this fixes it. SWTOR runs at 60+ FPS at max settings, no lag, no crashes.

Specs

Q8800 2.5ghz quad

4 GB RAM DDR 2 :(

7200 Green Caviar 1TB HD

ASUS PQZ Motherboard

460 GTX HAWK (MSI)

4 20 mm fans

Posted 01/07/2012 02:56 AM   
Sign the petition for fixing BF3 !!!!

http://www.change.org/petitions/electronic-arts-entertainment-dice-software-developers-fix-bf3-pc-release

Posted 01/07/2012 02:26 PM   
Scroll To Top