Switching between 3d play and 3d vision-issues I have to run setup wizard each time i switch...do yo
So i just picked up a 3dtv (samsung 40" 6 series) and was itching to try out 3dtv play software on it. No real issues with that part of it. I got i dl then installed easy enough, fee for me as i own 3d vision also. The problem i find is that each time I switch back I have to run the wizard again and at times I cant get past the emmiter part in the setup wizard. Once the wizard has gone though the setup im fine to use it but it requires the setup wizard to go to 3dtv play and than again when going back to 3d vision on the pc. Does anyone else have this issue or is it normal.

Just on the off chance anyone is reading this too ill also post my first impressions of 3dtv and of 3dtv play along with 3d bluray movies from my ps3 to my 3dtv.

1. bluray movies on the PS3 are amazing, just as good as at the movies...better in some ways. The clarity is better than what i got from the movie theater, seems to be higher res, like the movie theater is only showing in 720p. This will make you laugh. The tv has 2d-3d conversion, when i watched my first movie id not set the ps3 up for 3d movies so the first run though i was just viewing the 2d-3d conversion and not 3d as it was meant lol. Figured it out soon enough and went to display settings in the ps3 and re-ran the hdmi set up to set up the width of my 3dtv screen size. After that it was mind blowing good. I watched MAGAMIND first and then tonight (with real working 3d) i watched Ice Age which was also amazing. So glad i finally have a 3dtv, so worth it.

2. 3dtv play software....well what can i say, it works but its a letdown in the same breath. No convergence, issues matching up resolution, and the worst is 720p. The low res can be a deal breaker depending on the game. L4D 2 seemed like i was playing on a PSP, so jaggy and ugg. Not very good. Skyrim though, even in 720p was just a wonder to behold. Once working i stepped back onto the couch and looked back at the tv, hard to see any graphical issues or even tell that its running at a lower res than 1080p on my smaller pc screen. BF3 WAS A TRAIN WRECK. The crispness was ok, looked nice that way but the double lights, things at screen depth. Honestly i only tried on lvl to see so there may be some lvls worth repeating using 3dtv.
It should be noted that there is no convergence or addional features which you would be able to use if you were using 3d vision. I do have control over the depth. That is very nice to have as i find i can push depth much farther than the ps3 3d movies allow for.

3. 3dtv.....amazing things those tvs'. Ive not really gotten into all the settings just yet and not much instructions included in the box. My tv will accpet hdmi 3d, dvi 3d but how to do it is a mystery, instuctions dont tell you jack. It would seem i get over/under and L/R options, 2d-3d conversion on the fly but they have not documentaion either. Ill be doing lots of web surfing to find this im sure. Glassed were cheap, 2pair and a movie for $43 bundled, $799 for the tv and another $50 for two hdmi cables that do 15gb/s, one for the pc and one for the ps3. Its all wired to the pc and to the ps3, its a nice little setup IMO. Just a few issues getting my optical line to work coming out of the tv with my xfi sound cards optial in so i can enjoy my 5.1 surrround sound on the pc.

Well tired and going to bed,

PS. Nvidias 3d vision live site was a pretty cool place to visit using a 3dtv and 3d play software. Lots of cool stuff to view over there, amazing popout on the tv looking at some of the pics. Looks alittle low res compaired to my 1080p 3d monitor but from across the room on the tv you cant hardly tell .... just a little grainy.
So i just picked up a 3dtv (samsung 40" 6 series) and was itching to try out 3dtv play software on it. No real issues with that part of it. I got i dl then installed easy enough, fee for me as i own 3d vision also. The problem i find is that each time I switch back I have to run the wizard again and at times I cant get past the emmiter part in the setup wizard. Once the wizard has gone though the setup im fine to use it but it requires the setup wizard to go to 3dtv play and than again when going back to 3d vision on the pc. Does anyone else have this issue or is it normal.

Just on the off chance anyone is reading this too ill also post my first impressions of 3dtv and of 3dtv play along with 3d bluray movies from my ps3 to my 3dtv.

1. bluray movies on the PS3 are amazing, just as good as at the movies...better in some ways. The clarity is better than what i got from the movie theater, seems to be higher res, like the movie theater is only showing in 720p. This will make you laugh. The tv has 2d-3d conversion, when i watched my first movie id not set the ps3 up for 3d movies so the first run though i was just viewing the 2d-3d conversion and not 3d as it was meant lol. Figured it out soon enough and went to display settings in the ps3 and re-ran the hdmi set up to set up the width of my 3dtv screen size. After that it was mind blowing good. I watched MAGAMIND first and then tonight (with real working 3d) i watched Ice Age which was also amazing. So glad i finally have a 3dtv, so worth it.

2. 3dtv play software....well what can i say, it works but its a letdown in the same breath. No convergence, issues matching up resolution, and the worst is 720p. The low res can be a deal breaker depending on the game. L4D 2 seemed like i was playing on a PSP, so jaggy and ugg. Not very good. Skyrim though, even in 720p was just a wonder to behold. Once working i stepped back onto the couch and looked back at the tv, hard to see any graphical issues or even tell that its running at a lower res than 1080p on my smaller pc screen. BF3 WAS A TRAIN WRECK. The crispness was ok, looked nice that way but the double lights, things at screen depth. Honestly i only tried on lvl to see so there may be some lvls worth repeating using 3dtv.

It should be noted that there is no convergence or addional features which you would be able to use if you were using 3d vision. I do have control over the depth. That is very nice to have as i find i can push depth much farther than the ps3 3d movies allow for.

3. 3dtv.....amazing things those tvs'. Ive not really gotten into all the settings just yet and not much instructions included in the box. My tv will accpet hdmi 3d, dvi 3d but how to do it is a mystery, instuctions dont tell you jack. It would seem i get over/under and L/R options, 2d-3d conversion on the fly but they have not documentaion either. Ill be doing lots of web surfing to find this im sure. Glassed were cheap, 2pair and a movie for $43 bundled, $799 for the tv and another $50 for two hdmi cables that do 15gb/s, one for the pc and one for the ps3. Its all wired to the pc and to the ps3, its a nice little setup IMO. Just a few issues getting my optical line to work coming out of the tv with my xfi sound cards optial in so i can enjoy my 5.1 surrround sound on the pc.

Well tired and going to bed,

PS. Nvidias 3d vision live site was a pretty cool place to visit using a 3dtv and 3d play software. Lots of cool stuff to view over there, amazing popout on the tv looking at some of the pics. Looks alittle low res compaired to my 1080p 3d monitor but from across the room on the tv you cant hardly tell .... just a little grainy.
Posted 01/03/2012 06:56 AM   
Scroll To Top