GPU Fan speeds at startup? Load GPU fan speeds at startup
Hello all. Hope you can help as I have not been successful?? I am using Nvidia control panel ver. 3.9.731.0 and would like my fan speed settings to load at windows startup rather than change every time i restart. I have saved the profiles for each card. I answer YES when it asks if I want to load these settings at startup. But it wont do it. Fan speeds resume to low speed default.

Windows 7 64bit
(2) GTS 250 SLI
Driver 285.62

Any help appriciated and Thanks for your time.
Hello all. Hope you can help as I have not been successful?? I am using Nvidia control panel ver. 3.9.731.0 and would like my fan speed settings to load at windows startup rather than change every time i restart. I have saved the profiles for each card. I answer YES when it asks if I want to load these settings at startup. But it wont do it. Fan speeds resume to low speed default.

Windows 7 64bit

(2) GTS 250 SLI

Driver 285.62

Any help appriciated and Thanks for your time.

Posted 01/01/2012 03:38 AM   
Go into motherboard BIOS be sure Smart Fan is turned on and set to Auto.
Go into motherboard BIOS be sure Smart Fan is turned on and set to Auto.

Intel Core i7 X 980 3.33GHz @ 3.3 GHz

eVGA X58 Classified 4-Way SLI motherboard

HAF-X Case, Corsair H80 CPU Liquid Cooler

12GB System RAM

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480

KingWin Mach 1 ATX 1220-Watt Power Supply

Western Digital VelociRaptor 10000 RPM hdd

Posted 01/01/2012 04:46 AM   
Asus mobo (bios) P8P67 doesnt have "smart fan" setting??? Anybody?
Asus mobo (bios) P8P67 doesnt have "smart fan" setting??? Anybody?

Posted 01/28/2012 04:29 AM   
Try EVGA's Precision or MSI Afterburner, they both allow you to create a fan profile for your cards, telling it which speeds to run at which temps you want. Or you can just tell it to run at a certain speed all of the time if you desire.

They are both made by Unwinder and based on RivaTuner also made by Unwinder.
[url="http://www.evga.com/precision/"]Precision[/url]

[url="http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm"]Afterburner[/url]
Try EVGA's Precision or MSI Afterburner, they both allow you to create a fan profile for your cards, telling it which speeds to run at which temps you want. Or you can just tell it to run at a certain speed all of the time if you desire.

They are both made by Unwinder and based on RivaTuner also made by Unwinder.

Precision

Afterburner

Posted 02/20/2012 10:25 AM   
Uh... just get Afterburner like the last poster said. Don't use NVidia System Tools to control stuff like that, it doesn't work well.
Uh... just get Afterburner like the last poster said. Don't use NVidia System Tools to control stuff like that, it doesn't work well.

Help fight Cancer, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease by donating unused CPU and GPU power to Stanford University's Research Folding@Home projects:

Simplest method is to setup the FAH v7 client with this Windows Installation Guide

Posted 02/20/2012 10:47 AM   
Scroll To Top