stuttering/drop fps (gtx590)
hi guys, i have a new vga. the gtx 590. but i have many problems. i have stuttering and drop fps with all mosts of the game, exspecially the new star wars: the old republic. i have a intel core i7 860 and 8gb ddr3. what can i do?
is normal that a dual gpu have this problems? i must wait drivers and patches? what i can do. my power supply is an ezcool 750watt, i must buy a newwest? thanks at all
hi guys, i have a new vga. the gtx 590. but i have many problems. i have stuttering and drop fps with all mosts of the game, exspecially the new star wars: the old republic. i have a intel core i7 860 and 8gb ddr3. what can i do?

is normal that a dual gpu have this problems? i must wait drivers and patches? what i can do. my power supply is an ezcool 750watt, i must buy a newwest? thanks at all

Posted 12/28/2011 05:35 PM   
Hey, I also have a gtx 590 and I'm experiencing the same issues in most multiplayer games now. BF3, swtor and trine 2. Those games with multiplayer have constant rubberbanding/stuttering. BF3 will run fine in single player, but in multiplayer, after about a minute it starts rubberbanding/stuttering. I formatted this morning and it's still doing it. I have the 285.62 drivers installed. All of those games were running fine up until about 3 weeks ago and it's not an issue with my internet connection either.

gtx 590
intel 17 920
16gb ram
msi x58 pro-e
windows 7 home premium
xi fi fatality championship

-I've also tried disabling hyperthreading and my overclock but no differences.
Hey, I also have a gtx 590 and I'm experiencing the same issues in most multiplayer games now. BF3, swtor and trine 2. Those games with multiplayer have constant rubberbanding/stuttering. BF3 will run fine in single player, but in multiplayer, after about a minute it starts rubberbanding/stuttering. I formatted this morning and it's still doing it. I have the 285.62 drivers installed. All of those games were running fine up until about 3 weeks ago and it's not an issue with my internet connection either.

gtx 590

intel 17 920

16gb ram

msi x58 pro-e

windows 7 home premium

Posted 12/28/2011 06:10 PM   
[quote name='bengalkatsu' date='28 December 2011 - 06:10 PM' timestamp='1325095823' post='1348204']

gtx 590
intel 17 920
16gb ram
msi x58 pro-e
windows 7 home premium

[/quote]
yes man same issues. what can we do?
[quote name='bengalkatsu' date='28 December 2011 - 06:10 PM' timestamp='1325095823' post='1348204']

gtx 590

intel 17 920

16gb ram

msi x58 pro-e

windows 7 home premium

Posted 12/31/2011 03:37 PM   
[quote name='coach7290' date='31 December 2011 - 03:37 PM' timestamp='1325345861' post='1349662']
[/quote]
/wallbash.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wallbash:' /> I also have a gtx 590 /rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />
Same problem over here done everyting nothing helped
I played it with one core and the stutter disapeared /wacko.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' />
So ho is to blame for this nice problem its not a cheap card /crying.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':'(' />
[quote name='coach7290' date='31 December 2011 - 03:37 PM' timestamp='1325345861' post='1349662']

/wallbash.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wallbash:' /> I also have a gtx 590 /rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Same problem over here done everyting nothing helped

I played it with one core and the stutter disapeared /wacko.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' />

So ho is to blame for this nice problem its not a cheap card /crying.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':'(' />

GPU: Asus gtx Titan
CPU: Intel i7 975 @ 4.5
Motherboard: Asus Rampage 2 Extreme
System Memory: Corsair DDR3 @1600
Primary Monitor: Benq
Operating System: Windows 7 64
HDD Type: Samsung 840 pro AHCI
PSU: Corsair 860
Sound: Creative soundblaster X-Fi

Posted 01/03/2012 06:17 PM   
I'm having the same issues as you guys using 590 playing bf3. It plays fine for about 5-10 minutes then i will drop from 80+fps to around 30-40 for no apparent reason.

Running in 1920X1200 single monitor
i7 920 oc'ed 3.8
12gigs ram
win7 64bit
1000watt corsair PW.
I should not be seeing fps like this when i ran better frames with a single 580 before "upgrading" ...sigh...

I've tried using multiple drivers along with beta drivers, ive tried tweaking control panel setting using performance mode with prefer maximum performance and single display mode and NOTHING makes any difference. I guess i should have stck with my 580...

Edit: Also going to add I don't have the card oc'ed and nothing is overheating since i know people are going to ask this. Using the evga performance monitor I do notice that both cards will go from being 90% + usage and then drop down to around 50-70% and will not go back up which is causing my fps drop im fairly sure. I don't understand why the card is forcing itself to downclock when my highest temp on full load is around 80c I even tried running the fan at 95% " the highest it will let me go" and the temps stayed at 70c at full load and STILL downclocked.
I'm having the same issues as you guys using 590 playing bf3. It plays fine for about 5-10 minutes then i will drop from 80+fps to around 30-40 for no apparent reason.

Running in 1920X1200 single monitor

i7 920 oc'ed 3.8

12gigs ram

win7 64bit

1000watt corsair PW.

I should not be seeing fps like this when i ran better frames with a single 580 before "upgrading" ...sigh...

I've tried using multiple drivers along with beta drivers, ive tried tweaking control panel setting using performance mode with prefer maximum performance and single display mode and NOTHING makes any difference. I guess i should have stck with my 580...

Edit: Also going to add I don't have the card oc'ed and nothing is overheating since i know people are going to ask this. Using the evga performance monitor I do notice that both cards will go from being 90% + usage and then drop down to around 50-70% and will not go back up which is causing my fps drop im fairly sure. I don't understand why the card is forcing itself to downclock when my highest temp on full load is around 80c I even tried running the fan at 95% " the highest it will let me go" and the temps stayed at 70c at full load and STILL downclocked.

Posted 02/20/2012 03:51 PM   
Ok so since obviously no one actually ever posts any help whatsoever on these forums I will post up exactly what i did that worked for me and now my 590 performs like it is supposed to in every game I throw at it. First thing i did before anything else was reseat my card and then make absolutely sure all power connectors where plugged in correctly to it. After that I set my nvidia 3D settings to the following:

[IMG]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c359/Zionmaster/nvidiasettings1.png[/IMG]

I then set my physX controls to the following:

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c359/Zionmaster/nvidiasettings2.png[/img]

"people argue whether letting the cpu handle physX is good or bad but i will tell you from personal experience that an i7 920 @ 3.8 has ZERO issues handling physX with demanding games. I've tested many so far including bf3, metro 2033, Just cause 2, Tera Online, diablo 3 beta, Alice: madness returns, Skyrim and a few more " i have ALOT of games"

Anyway once i did these things my fps nows stays high and doesn't start to drop off anymore even after extended play periods. In bf3 for example I can now play easily on ultra settings with 70+ fps all the time on every map with no issues. The Lowest I've seen it drop so far is 58 on firestorm when i was right next to some massive explosions. Most of the time though it never drops below 60.

My comp specs are:

i7 920 Oc'ed @ 3.8
12 gigs DDR3
Corsair 1000Watt PS
Nvidia GTX 590
win 7 64 bit
Single monitor running in 1920X1200 @ 60Hz

I hope this helps someone cause i know trying to find help anywhere is almost impossible.
Ok so since obviously no one actually ever posts any help whatsoever on these forums I will post up exactly what i did that worked for me and now my 590 performs like it is supposed to in every game I throw at it. First thing i did before anything else was reseat my card and then make absolutely sure all power connectors where plugged in correctly to it. After that I set my nvidia 3D settings to the following:

I then set my physX controls to the following:

"people argue whether letting the cpu handle physX is good or bad but i will tell you from personal experience that an i7 920 @ 3.8 has ZERO issues handling physX with demanding games. I've tested many so far including bf3, metro 2033, Just cause 2, Tera Online, diablo 3 beta, Alice: madness returns, Skyrim and a few more " i have ALOT of games"

Anyway once i did these things my fps nows stays high and doesn't start to drop off anymore even after extended play periods. In bf3 for example I can now play easily on ultra settings with 70+ fps all the time on every map with no issues. The Lowest I've seen it drop so far is 58 on firestorm when i was right next to some massive explosions. Most of the time though it never drops below 60.

My comp specs are:

i7 920 Oc'ed @ 3.8

12 gigs DDR3

Corsair 1000Watt PS

Nvidia GTX 590

win 7 64 bit

Single monitor running in 1920X1200 @ 60Hz

I hope this helps someone cause i know trying to find help anywhere is almost impossible.

Posted 02/26/2012 04:33 AM   
are you using 32 bit or 64 bit windows?
are you using 32 bit or 64 bit windows?

intel 3960x @4.1Ghz

3 x 680 2gb water cooled

3 x 42inch fullhd @6080x1080

32 gigs gskill XMP @2133

win 7 64bit

Posted 02/27/2012 08:26 AM   
Scroll To Top