Is my physx ageira working? physx ageia
Hi!
I got DELL PHYSX AGEIA DK002 PCI CARD.I have GeForce 7800GS AGP graphic card.I can't find driver for my DELL Ageia PCI card.So I only installed physx driver from nvidia.But I am missing physx control panel in nvidia panel.And I don't know how can I test my physx PCI card.So I don't know if ageia card is properly installed and works.How can I find out if all is good and how can I get physx setting panel to nvidia panel?
Thank you for answers and help!
Hi!

I got DELL PHYSX AGEIA DK002 PCI CARD.I have GeForce 7800GS AGP graphic card.I can't find driver for my DELL Ageia PCI card.So I only installed physx driver from nvidia.But I am missing physx control panel in nvidia panel.And I don't know how can I test my physx PCI card.So I don't know if ageia card is properly installed and works.How can I find out if all is good and how can I get physx setting panel to nvidia panel?

Thank you for answers and help!

Posted 12/28/2011 09:52 AM   
Agiea physics cards are no longer supported... You are going to need to be using extremely old nvidia drivers.

The PhysX component in the control panel will never be present as Ageia is not nvidia. The setting was only introduced when nvidia bought and took over ageia and made PhysX run on nvidia GPUs
Agiea physics cards are no longer supported... You are going to need to be using extremely old nvidia drivers.

The PhysX component in the control panel will never be present as Ageia is not nvidia. The setting was only introduced when nvidia bought and took over ageia and made PhysX run on nvidia GPUs
This posting is a year old now, but still presents the only way to get an original AGEIA PhysX card to run: [i][url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=190823"][i]How to restore PPU Support with the latest PhysX Drivers
[/i][/url][/i]
However, as Raptor stated, there will be no support for this card beyond the little that the above procedure allows, and certainly not for new games using packages beyond the 8-series PhysX System Software. This was written mainly to be able to still run games that were specifically coded for the ATHENA chip, hand-optimized for performance in showcase games like Cell Factor: Revolution. Even with this method, you still need a GPU that supports CUDA so you can swap out the support engine where needed for the new support levels.

NVIDIA has been improving the CPU instruction set that is the fallback for systems without PhysX hardware so as to continue to provide at least most of the emulation without a GPU. This normally means only the exclusion of the HIGH PhysX settings and the more advanced support options, leaving the package to act more like Havok for example. Because of this, it's still worthwhile to keep your [url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.11.1107-driver.html"]PSS up-to-date[/url] even if you don't have the GPU hardware...

This posting is a year old now, but still presents the only way to get an original AGEIA PhysX card to run: How to restore PPU Support with the latest PhysX Drivers

However, as Raptor stated, there will be no support for this card beyond the little that the above procedure allows, and certainly not for new games using packages beyond the 8-series PhysX System Software. This was written mainly to be able to still run games that were specifically coded for the ATHENA chip, hand-optimized for performance in showcase games like Cell Factor: Revolution. Even with this method, you still need a GPU that supports CUDA so you can swap out the support engine where needed for the new support levels.

NVIDIA has been improving the CPU instruction set that is the fallback for systems without PhysX hardware so as to continue to provide at least most of the emulation without a GPU. This normally means only the exclusion of the HIGH PhysX settings and the more advanced support options, leaving the package to act more like Havok for example. Because of this, it's still worthwhile to keep your PSS up-to-date even if you don't have the GPU hardware...

Intel Siler DX79SI Desktop Extreme | Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-Extreme | DangerDen M6 and Koolance MVR-40s w/Black Ice Stealths | 32 GB Mushkin PC3-12800LV | NVIDIA GTX 660 Ti SLI | PNY GTX 470 | 24 GB RAMDisk (C:\Temp\Temp) | 120 GB Intel Cherryville SSDs (OS and UserData)| 530 GB Western Digital VelociRaptor SATA 2 RAID0 (C:\Games\) | 60 GB G2 SSDs (XP Pro and Linux) | 3 TB Western Digital USB-3 MyBook (Archive) | LG BP40NS20 USB ODD | LG IPS236 Monitor | LogiTech X-530 Speakers | Plantronics GameCom 780 Headphones | Cooler Master UCP 1100 | Cooler Master HAF XB | Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1

Stock is Extreme now

Posted 12/28/2011 11:32 AM   
[quote name='jaafaman' date='28 December 2011 - 11:32 AM' timestamp='1325071926' post='1348066']
This posting is a year old now, but still presents the only way to get an original AGEIA PhysX card to run: [i][url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=190823"][i]How to restore PPU Support with the latest PhysX Drivers
[/i][/url][/i]

NVIDIA has been improving the CPU instruction set that is the fallback for systems without PhysX hardware so as to continue to provide at least most of the emulation without a GPU. This normally means only the exclusion of the HIGH PhysX settings and the more advanced support options, leaving the package to act more like Havok for example. Because of this, it's still worthwhile to keep your [url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.11.1107-driver.html"]PSS up-to-date[/url] even if you don't have the GPU hardware...
[/quote]

So there is no easier way how to get Ageia work? Directions you sent me in link looks very complicated.If I want install any ageia driver system tell me that I have newest physx driver which I downloaded from nvidia.So driver I have only I need physx panel where I can set ageia card.But I can't donwload driver which comes with this control panel.Is there any driver I dont know about?
[quote name='jaafaman' date='28 December 2011 - 11:32 AM' timestamp='1325071926' post='1348066']

This posting is a year old now, but still presents the only way to get an original AGEIA PhysX card to run: How to restore PPU Support with the latest PhysX Drivers

NVIDIA has been improving the CPU instruction set that is the fallback for systems without PhysX hardware so as to continue to provide at least most of the emulation without a GPU. This normally means only the exclusion of the HIGH PhysX settings and the more advanced support options, leaving the package to act more like Havok for example. Because of this, it's still worthwhile to keep your PSS up-to-date even if you don't have the GPU hardware...

So there is no easier way how to get Ageia work? Directions you sent me in link looks very complicated.If I want install any ageia driver system tell me that I have newest physx driver which I downloaded from nvidia.So driver I have only I need physx panel where I can set ageia card.But I can't donwload driver which comes with this control panel.Is there any driver I dont know about?

Posted 12/28/2011 02:45 PM   
OK finally I installed ageia driver and I got Ageia control panel with settings.Only thing is I dont know how to get Ageia Physx settings to nvidia control panel.I downloaded nvidia GPU driver of cards which support physx but I am still missing physx settings in nvidia control panel.In all forums I see how I can set physx modul in nvidia display settings.But I am still missing this settings.I tried everything.Can you help me with this?
Thanks!
OK finally I installed ageia driver and I got Ageia control panel with settings.Only thing is I dont know how to get Ageia Physx settings to nvidia control panel.I downloaded nvidia GPU driver of cards which support physx but I am still missing physx settings in nvidia control panel.In all forums I see how I can set physx modul in nvidia display settings.But I am still missing this settings.I tried everything.Can you help me with this?

Thanks!

Posted 12/28/2011 08:56 PM   
The fellow that wrote the original tutorial is your best hope. Try sending him a PM to see if he still frequents the Forums...

The fellow that wrote the original tutorial is your best hope. Try sending him a PM to see if he still frequents the Forums...

Intel Siler DX79SI Desktop Extreme | Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-Extreme | DangerDen M6 and Koolance MVR-40s w/Black Ice Stealths | 32 GB Mushkin PC3-12800LV | NVIDIA GTX 660 Ti SLI | PNY GTX 470 | 24 GB RAMDisk (C:\Temp\Temp) | 120 GB Intel Cherryville SSDs (OS and UserData)| 530 GB Western Digital VelociRaptor SATA 2 RAID0 (C:\Games\) | 60 GB G2 SSDs (XP Pro and Linux) | 3 TB Western Digital USB-3 MyBook (Archive) | LG BP40NS20 USB ODD | LG IPS236 Monitor | LogiTech X-530 Speakers | Plantronics GameCom 780 Headphones | Cooler Master UCP 1100 | Cooler Master HAF XB | Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1

Stock is Extreme now

Posted 12/28/2011 10:39 PM   
Scroll To Top