NVIDIA Display settings are not available You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDI
Out of the blue I think the screen flashed (was on windows desktop) and the resolution changed and now have the errors

[b]NVIDIA Display settings are not available

You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU[/b]

And in the device manager:

[b]Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)[/b]

I think I was running the latest beta drivers at the time. This is a new system and I haven't even got around to installing any games yet. Uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers doesn't do anything. Whats the current method for totally cleaning out drivers?

Card is a Gigabyte GTX 560 and Windows 7 64bit
Out of the blue I think the screen flashed (was on windows desktop) and the resolution changed and now have the errors

NVIDIA Display settings are not available

You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU

And in the device manager:

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

I think I was running the latest beta drivers at the time. This is a new system and I haven't even got around to installing any games yet. Uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers doesn't do anything. Whats the current method for totally cleaning out drivers?

Card is a Gigabyte GTX 560 and Windows 7 64bit

Mobo: Gigabyte Z68-AP-D3 Rev 1.0 Bios F6

CPU: Intel i5-2500K

Videocard: Gigabyte GTX 560 (GV-N56GOC-1GI) Bios F61 (NVIDIA Source BIOS Version:70.08.29.00.01)

Ram: 8GB Corsair XMS3 (CMX8GX3M2A1600C9)

Hard Disk: Main/Intel 120GB 320 series SSD | Secondary Storage Drives/3x Hitachi 1TB

Monitor: Main/Samsung 27" LED 350 Series (S27A350H) | Secondary/LG 60" Plasma (60PV450) connected through a Denon 3311ci AVR (vcard/avr/display)

Soundcard: Main/Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3 | Secondary/Nvidia HD Audio

PSU: ENERMAX INFINITI (EIN650AWT) 650W

Posted 12/28/2011 05:05 AM   
Download the latest driver from Nvidia but do not install it, only save it.

Disconnect from the internet.

Run the uninstall for Nvidia from Control Panel.

Come up in Safe Mode.

Go to Device Manager and right-click the video card, uninstall driver, and remove if it asks.

Stay disconnected from Internet, come up regular and install new driver that you downloaded earlier.

That should do it.

Come up in Safe Mode.

Go to Device Manager and right-click the video card, uninstall driver, and remove if it asks.

Stay disconnected from Internet, come up regular and install new driver that you downloaded earlier.

That should do it.

Intel Core i7 X 980 3.33GHz @ 3.3 GHz

eVGA X58 Classified 4-Way SLI motherboard

HAF-X Case, Corsair H80 CPU Liquid Cooler

12GB System RAM

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480

KingWin Mach 1 ATX 1220-Watt Power Supply

Western Digital VelociRaptor 10000 RPM hdd

Posted 12/28/2011 06:00 AM   
[quote name='BobbyNow' date='28 December 2011 - 02:00 AM' timestamp='1325052025' post='1347990']

Come up in Safe Mode.

That should do it.
[/quote]

Thanks for the help but I was just coming back here to post that the problem has already been resolved by using system restore back to a point where I had the latest WHQL drivers installed. I suspect it might of been a problem with the latest beta release drivers as I was trying them to resolve another (minor) issue. It wasn't long after I installed the latest beta's when the problem arose. Although I couldn't say for sure as this is a new system build/install and it could of been another device driver installed or setting mucked but doubtful. I did try uninstalling/reinstalling the older drivers but that didn't do anything, only system restore worked. I suspect that windows had the hardware failure logged in the registry why changing drivers wouldn't fix it.
[quote name='BobbyNow' date='28 December 2011 - 02:00 AM' timestamp='1325052025' post='1347990']

Come up in Safe Mode.

That should do it.

Thanks for the help but I was just coming back here to post that the problem has already been resolved by using system restore back to a point where I had the latest WHQL drivers installed. I suspect it might of been a problem with the latest beta release drivers as I was trying them to resolve another (minor) issue. It wasn't long after I installed the latest beta's when the problem arose. Although I couldn't say for sure as this is a new system build/install and it could of been another device driver installed or setting mucked but doubtful. I did try uninstalling/reinstalling the older drivers but that didn't do anything, only system restore worked. I suspect that windows had the hardware failure logged in the registry why changing drivers wouldn't fix it.

Mobo: Gigabyte Z68-AP-D3 Rev 1.0 Bios F6

CPU: Intel i5-2500K

Videocard: Gigabyte GTX 560 (GV-N56GOC-1GI) Bios F61 (NVIDIA Source BIOS Version:70.08.29.00.01)

Ram: 8GB Corsair XMS3 (CMX8GX3M2A1600C9)

Hard Disk: Main/Intel 120GB 320 series SSD | Secondary Storage Drives/3x Hitachi 1TB

Monitor: Main/Samsung 27" LED 350 Series (S27A350H) | Secondary/LG 60" Plasma (60PV450) connected through a Denon 3311ci AVR (vcard/avr/display)

Soundcard: Main/Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3 | Secondary/Nvidia HD Audio

PSU: ENERMAX INFINITI (EIN650AWT) 650W

Posted 12/28/2011 07:00 AM   
thanks bro it really helpful :)
thanks bro it really helpful :)

Posted 07/24/2013 05:52 AM   
[b]My Nvidia display setting is not available and it states that you're not currently attached to any nvidia gpu.....when i try auto detect it didn't work....i don't install any games yet.....what should i do[/b]
My Nvidia display setting is not available and it states that you're not currently attached to any nvidia gpu.....when i try auto detect it didn't work....i don't install any games yet.....what should i do

Posted 09/06/2013 04:59 PM   
Scroll To Top