Heedless_onE and Guru3D ROTM Finale contest
  1 / 2    
Hey guys,

Guru3D is holding their year wrap up Rig of the Month competition. In case you were unaware, my previous i7 920 rig won the November edition of ROTM. Just posting here, for anyone who enjoyed my work log, it would be much appreciated if you could support me in the final contest. Even if I don't win, which I probably won't (seems July is destroying everyone) it would feel nice to be supported by my friends at Nvidia Forums!

Thanks guys. Hope you enjoy your holiday, and party hardy on New Years.
[url="http://www.guru3d.com/news/rig-of-the-year-and-month-december-2011/"]http://www.guru3d.com/news/rig-of-the-year-and-month-december-2011/[/url]
Hey guys,

Guru3D is holding their year wrap up Rig of the Month competition. In case you were unaware, my previous i7 920 rig won the November edition of ROTM. Just posting here, for anyone who enjoyed my work log, it would be much appreciated if you could support me in the final contest. Even if I don't win, which I probably won't (seems July is destroying everyone) it would feel nice to be supported by my friends at Nvidia Forums!

Thanks guys. Hope you enjoy your holiday, and party hardy on New Years.

http://www.guru3d.com/news/rig-of-the-year-and-month-december-2011/
Got my vote...
Got my vote...

Intel Siler DX79SI Desktop Extreme | Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-Extreme | DangerDen M6 and Koolance MVR-40s w/Black Ice Stealths | 32 GB Mushkin PC3-12800LV | NVIDIA GTX 660 Ti SLI | PNY GTX 470 | 24 GB RAMDisk (C:\Temp\Temp) | 120 GB Intel Cherryville SSDs (OS and UserData)| 530 GB Western Digital VelociRaptor SATA 2 RAID0 (C:\Games\) | 60 GB G2 SSDs (XP Pro and Linux) | 3 TB Western Digital USB-3 MyBook (Archive) | LG BP40NS20 USB ODD | LG IPS236 Monitor | LogiTech X-530 Speakers | Plantronics GameCom 780 Headphones | Cooler Master UCP 1100 | Cooler Master HAF XB | Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1

Stock is Extreme now

Posted 12/27/2011 01:40 AM   
Mine too mate :) (Feel sorry for March at 0% lol)

Guess July is popular because it's shiney /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Guess July is popular because it's shiney /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I knew I hadn't imagined it... now it's deleted = people will never know what I hadn't imagined...

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

GPU-Z CPU-Z Ccleaner Driversweeper OCCT

Posted 12/27/2011 02:19 AM   
Voted for ya.

Honestly, while July looks cool, it's just plain stupid sense wise. Airflow in a space that big? Not enough for my liking.
Voted for ya.

Honestly, while July looks cool, it's just plain stupid sense wise. Airflow in a space that big? Not enough for my liking.

Help fight Cancer, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease by donating unused CPU and GPU power to Stanford University's Research Folding@Home projects:

Simplest method is to setup the FAH v7 client with this Windows Installation Guide

Posted 12/27/2011 02:23 AM   
You got my vote Heed.

I have to admit, July's build was epic. The guy put a ton of work into that build, which is evident by the result. It's certainly unique and aesthetically pleasing. However, the guy that built July's ROTM has one strike against him... He's not Heedless One, LOL.

Once again, nice job on your rig. Good luck man.
You got my vote Heed.

I have to admit, July's build was epic. The guy put a ton of work into that build, which is evident by the result. It's certainly unique and aesthetically pleasing. However, the guy that built July's ROTM has one strike against him... He's not Heedless One, LOL.

EVGA E758 A1 X58 // Core i7 920@4Ghz // OCZ Platinum DDR3 1600 // EVGA GTX 670 SLI // Seasonic X Series Gold 1050w // Corsair 800D // Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2410 displays // Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP

Posted 12/27/2011 02:43 AM   
[quote name='jaafaman' date='26 December 2011 - 08:40 PM' timestamp='1324950049' post='1347513']
Got my vote...
[/quote]

Thanks. Where's your crazy eye thingy avatar??

[quote name='xXDeltaXx' date='26 December 2011 - 09:19 PM' timestamp='1324952377' post='1347518']

[/quote]

To be honest, i was surprised i was in the running without the forum folks. I was a bit pessimistic and thought i may have won just cause they had low submissions, but i guess people really did like my build :)

[quote name='Honey Badger' date='26 December 2011 - 09:23 PM' timestamp='1324952619' post='1347520']
Voted for ya.

[/quote]

Thank you Selena Gomez. Yea, a lot of the builds that had won before were awkward, not to be disrespectful of other builders, but... I don't know how the guy who made his liquid cooling out of nickel plated pipe got his rig to not leak like a mother.

[quote name='slamscaper' date='26 December 2011 - 09:43 PM' timestamp='1324953820' post='1347526']
You got my vote Heed.

[/quote]

Haha thanks. I should mention, if you guys do feel another build deserves the vote more, don't hesitate. I am not shilling for votes, just asking if anyone who liked the work log would like to support the rig in the contest :)

[quote name='jaafaman' date='26 December 2011 - 08:40 PM' timestamp='1324950049' post='1347513']

Got my vote...

Thanks. Where's your crazy eye thingy avatar??

[quote name='xXDeltaXx' date='26 December 2011 - 09:19 PM' timestamp='1324952377' post='1347518']

To be honest, i was surprised i was in the running without the forum folks. I was a bit pessimistic and thought i may have won just cause they had low submissions, but i guess people really did like my build :)

[quote name='Honey Badger' date='26 December 2011 - 09:23 PM' timestamp='1324952619' post='1347520']

Voted for ya.

Thank you Selena Gomez. Yea, a lot of the builds that had won before were awkward, not to be disrespectful of other builders, but... I don't know how the guy who made his liquid cooling out of nickel plated pipe got his rig to not leak like a mother.

[quote name='slamscaper' date='26 December 2011 - 09:43 PM' timestamp='1324953820' post='1347526']

You got my vote Heed.

Haha thanks. I should mention, if you guys do feel another build deserves the vote more, don't hesitate. I am not shilling for votes, just asking if anyone who liked the work log would like to support the rig in the contest :)

Besides that fact its pure awsome ive also enjoyed reading the updates posted here in this forum during the build. Ill not give you a pitty vote, youve earned it. [img]http://forums.nvidia.com/public/style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif[/img]
Besides that fact its pure awsome ive also enjoyed reading the updates posted here in this forum during the build. Ill not give you a pitty vote, youve earned it. Image
Posted 12/27/2011 03:53 AM   
[quote name='cravinmild' date='26 December 2011 - 10:53 PM' timestamp='1324958006' post='1347547']
Besides that fact its pure awsome ive also enjoyed reading the updates posted here in this forum during the build. Ill not give you a pitty vote, youve earned it. [img]http://forums.nvidia.com/public/style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Well, i just updated it again, just for you Cravin :)
[quote name='cravinmild' date='26 December 2011 - 10:53 PM' timestamp='1324958006' post='1347547']

Besides that fact its pure awsome ive also enjoyed reading the updates posted here in this forum during the build. Ill not give you a pitty vote, youve earned it. Image

Well, i just updated it again, just for you Cravin :)
I voted for you man.
I voted for you man.

Core i7 960 @4.14Ghz 180x23 1.3v Liquid cooled

Gigabyte G1. Assassin

EVGA GTX 560 Ti "Maximum Graphics Crysis 2"

Cooler Master HAF-X

Corsair Dominator GT CMT12GX3M3A2000C9 RAM

RMA broke my 580 SLI. Now I have a 7970 and a GTX 580 gathering dust, looking for a buyer.

Posted 12/27/2011 07:26 AM   
[quote name='Heedless_onE' date='26 December 2011 - 10:41 PM' timestamp='1324957292' post='1347544']Thanks. Where's your crazy eye thingy avatar??
[/quote]
That was an unadorned cover shot from the Western Digital VelociRaptor line, which used to be my primary RAID0 equipment. HDDs are no longer my primaries.

I cleaned out all of my artwork after the exchange on the thread that was deleted for going too far astray on the SB-Es. Apparently there's a lot of folks who tend to get all wrapped up in both my approach and writing style that they totally overlook the information or value of the suggestion and the posting point just isn't made. Now I only sport the info that [b]ManuelG[/b] asks of a signature for troubleshooting purposes, and usually only post in threads that do not seem to garner much, if any, response at all or otherwise go unnoticed.

Honestly, I do not post much of anything any longer, anywhere. Rather than endure the constant strife that comes with a high post count these days and the assumptions people just seem to make up so as to add insult to injury, I just use the system and keep up with my aquariums these days. I find much more relaxation in those activities than any altruistic satisfaction I can no longer find in the act of trying to actually help folks. But I do stick around to keep up with news.

Enough OT now - I'm back to Fade Mode...
[quote name='Heedless_onE' date='26 December 2011 - 10:41 PM' timestamp='1324957292' post='1347544']Thanks. Where's your crazy eye thingy avatar??

That was an unadorned cover shot from the Western Digital VelociRaptor line, which used to be my primary RAID0 equipment. HDDs are no longer my primaries.

I cleaned out all of my artwork after the exchange on the thread that was deleted for going too far astray on the SB-Es. Apparently there's a lot of folks who tend to get all wrapped up in both my approach and writing style that they totally overlook the information or value of the suggestion and the posting point just isn't made. Now I only sport the info that ManuelG asks of a signature for troubleshooting purposes, and usually only post in threads that do not seem to garner much, if any, response at all or otherwise go unnoticed.

Honestly, I do not post much of anything any longer, anywhere. Rather than endure the constant strife that comes with a high post count these days and the assumptions people just seem to make up so as to add insult to injury, I just use the system and keep up with my aquariums these days. I find much more relaxation in those activities than any altruistic satisfaction I can no longer find in the act of trying to actually help folks. But I do stick around to keep up with news.

Intel Siler DX79SI Desktop Extreme | Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-Extreme | DangerDen M6 and Koolance MVR-40s w/Black Ice Stealths | 32 GB Mushkin PC3-12800LV | NVIDIA GTX 660 Ti SLI | PNY GTX 470 | 24 GB RAMDisk (C:\Temp\Temp) | 120 GB Intel Cherryville SSDs (OS and UserData)| 530 GB Western Digital VelociRaptor SATA 2 RAID0 (C:\Games\) | 60 GB G2 SSDs (XP Pro and Linux) | 3 TB Western Digital USB-3 MyBook (Archive) | LG BP40NS20 USB ODD | LG IPS236 Monitor | LogiTech X-530 Speakers | Plantronics GameCom 780 Headphones | Cooler Master UCP 1100 | Cooler Master HAF XB | Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1

Stock is Extreme now

Posted 12/27/2011 10:29 AM   
[quote name='jaafaman' date='27 December 2011 - 05:29 AM' timestamp='1324981780' post='1347614']

I cleaned out all of my artwork after the exchange on the thread that was deleted for going too far astray on the SB-Es. Apparently there's a lot of folks who tend to get all wrapped up in both my approach and writing style that they totally overlook the information or value of the suggestion and the posting point just isn't made. Now I only sport the info that [b]ManuelG[/b] asks of a signature for troubleshooting purposes, and usually only post in threads that do not seem to garner much, if any, response at all or otherwise go unnoticed.

[/quote]

I know exactly what you mean. If it's any consolation, I'm wrong all the time :P
[quote name='jaafaman' date='27 December 2011 - 05:29 AM' timestamp='1324981780' post='1347614']

I cleaned out all of my artwork after the exchange on the thread that was deleted for going too far astray on the SB-Es. Apparently there's a lot of folks who tend to get all wrapped up in both my approach and writing style that they totally overlook the information or value of the suggestion and the posting point just isn't made. Now I only sport the info that ManuelG asks of a signature for troubleshooting purposes, and usually only post in threads that do not seem to garner much, if any, response at all or otherwise go unnoticed.

I know exactly what you mean. If it's any consolation, I'm wrong all the time :P
LOL May has overtaken July./clap.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':clap:' />
LOL May has overtaken July./clap.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':clap:' />

Core i7 960 @4.14Ghz 180x23 1.3v Liquid cooled

Gigabyte G1. Assassin

EVGA GTX 560 Ti "Maximum Graphics Crysis 2"

Cooler Master HAF-X

Corsair Dominator GT CMT12GX3M3A2000C9 RAM

RMA broke my 580 SLI. Now I have a 7970 and a GTX 580 gathering dust, looking for a buyer.

Posted 12/29/2011 02:34 AM   
@jaffaman

For what its worth you (and several others) here were the ones who helped me make my first build. If not for your suggestions and help id be rocking OEM again (shutter). Your time spent putting a parts list together for me was/is most appreciated. I still look at my pc and shake my head wondering how I am so lucky.

So a big[img]http://forums.nvidia.com/public/style_emoticons/default/thanks.gif[/img] , also F... people, their stupid anyways

ON TOPIC

Heedless, i went searching all over guru's site looking for that update but stupid me did not think to check here [img]http://forums.nvidia.com/public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif[/img] , I just found it, thanks for the pics. [img]http://forums.nvidia.com/public/style_emoticons/default/clap.gif[/img]
@jaffaman

For what its worth you (and several others) here were the ones who helped me make my first build. If not for your suggestions and help id be rocking OEM again (shutter). Your time spent putting a parts list together for me was/is most appreciated. I still look at my pc and shake my head wondering how I am so lucky.

So a bigImage , also F... people, their stupid anyways

ON TOPIC

Heedless, i went searching all over guru's site looking for that update but stupid me did not think to check here Image , I just found it, thanks for the pics. Image
Posted 12/29/2011 03:50 AM   
[quote name='cravinmild' date='28 December 2011 - 10:50 PM' timestamp='1325130612' post='1348482']
@jaffaman

So a big[img]http://forums.nvidia.com/public/style_emoticons/default/thanks.gif[/img] , also F... people, their stupid anyways

ON TOPIC

Heedless, i went searching all over guru's site looking for that update but stupid me did not think to check here [img]http://forums.nvidia.com/public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif[/img] , I just found it, thanks for the pics. [img]http://forums.nvidia.com/public/style_emoticons/default/clap.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Lol, yes, i ment i updated my worklog...silly Cravin.
[quote name='cravinmild' date='28 December 2011 - 10:50 PM' timestamp='1325130612' post='1348482']

@jaffaman

ON TOPIC

Heedless, i went searching all over guru's site looking for that update but stupid me did not think to check here Image , I just found it, thanks for the pics. Image

Lol, yes, i ment i updated my worklog...silly Cravin.
[quote name='cravinmild' date='28 December 2011 - 09:50 PM' timestamp='1325130612' post='1348482']
[/quote]

It's actually from an argument he and I had. We were both wearing rather large asshats.

@Jaffman I still feel bad about that one. --Apology extended.

@Heed: You've got my vote :)
[quote name='cravinmild' date='28 December 2011 - 09:50 PM' timestamp='1325130612' post='1348482']

It's actually from an argument he and I had. We were both wearing rather large asshats.

@Jaffman I still feel bad about that one. --Apology extended.

@Heed: You've got my vote :)

Done.

Posted 12/29/2011 04:43 AM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top