LIMBO and SHOGUN 2 black screen issues v290 drivers
So I have tried both versions of the 290 beta drivers. Both versions are causing me not to be able to play LIMBO or Shogun 2. I get sound and I can blindly pick menu options, but no video at all. Reverted back to the 285 drivers and the games work great. Thought I'd throw this in there for possible fixing.

It's a shame too, because I like the added AO for skyrim in the latest beta drivers. I have read reports of others getting the black screen and audio but no video in other games. Think Just Cause 2 was mentioned somewhere, so I know it's not just me. However, I have also read that others ran LIMBO and shogun 2 without issue on the beta drivers. Maybe it's down to specific hardware at this point not meshing well /blarg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':/' />

My specs:
2500k @ 5.0
asrock extreme 3 gen 3
gtx480
2x4gb ram
win7x64
+ other misc stuff that is irrelevant to this post
So I have tried both versions of the 290 beta drivers. Both versions are causing me not to be able to play LIMBO or Shogun 2. I get sound and I can blindly pick menu options, but no video at all. Reverted back to the 285 drivers and the games work great. Thought I'd throw this in there for possible fixing.

It's a shame too, because I like the added AO for skyrim in the latest beta drivers. I have read reports of others getting the black screen and audio but no video in other games. Think Just Cause 2 was mentioned somewhere, so I know it's not just me. However, I have also read that others ran LIMBO and shogun 2 without issue on the beta drivers. Maybe it's down to specific hardware at this point not meshing well /blarg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':/' />

My specs:

2500k @ 5.0

asrock extreme 3 gen 3

gtx480

2x4gb ram

win7x64

+ other misc stuff that is irrelevant to this post

Posted 12/24/2011 01:05 AM   
I got the same problem, but with different games (Battlefield 3 and Bastion) and a GTX570.

What cable are you using for your GPU/monitor connection?
I got the same problem, but with different games (Battlefield 3 and Bastion) and a GTX570.

What cable are you using for your GPU/monitor connection?

Palit GeForce 570 Sonic stock

Core i7 920 stock

6GB G-Skill DDR-1333 stock

Asus P6T Deluxe v2

HP w2408h

Win 7 x64

Onboard sound

Posted 12/25/2011 06:08 PM   
Scroll To Top