GT 240 Kernel driver stopped working...
  1 / 2    
Hello,

I have nVidia GT 240.

While I watch a video, sometimes, some [b]video colors pixels[/b] are being collapsed and turn into [u]green color[/u] compinations for 2-4 seconds.

Also, sometimes when I play games, my game lags, the [b]screen turns into black[/b], and after 2-5 seconds I get back to game, but sometimes the game stops and exits and in the notifications on windows bar line, says: "[b]Kernel Driver (version of driver) stop responding[/b]", something like this.

[b]I tried[/b]:

1)Delete all nVidia drivers (from Safe Mode and without Safe Mode)
2)Install the latest drivers
3)Also tried format, And installed the latest drivers (brand new , first installation after fortmat)
4)Also checked if the graphic card "sits" well in the pins of PCI express slot.
5)Also, after my old hard drive damaged, I bought new hard drive, installed brand new driver of nVidia for GT 240 again and still have this problem.

I believe that I might have got [u]faulty graphic card[/u].
I searched for solution from internet from other guys that have the same problem (kernel driver stopped) and they say to install drivers from the begining and something like this. But I already tried these.
I 'm starting to think that it's not software problem, but hardware (graphic card faulty).

I bought my PC in package in Jan 10'. So it's almost 2 years old. The problem existed from the first time I bought PC.

Any ideas or solution?
I attach an image (old, from this summer, but the problem [u]still stays till today the same[/u])

Thanks in advance.
Hello,

I have nVidia GT 240.

While I watch a video, sometimes, some video colors pixels are being collapsed and turn into green color compinations for 2-4 seconds.

Also, sometimes when I play games, my game lags, the screen turns into black, and after 2-5 seconds I get back to game, but sometimes the game stops and exits and in the notifications on windows bar line, says: "Kernel Driver (version of driver) stop responding", something like this.

I tried:

1)Delete all nVidia drivers (from Safe Mode and without Safe Mode)

2)Install the latest drivers

3)Also tried format, And installed the latest drivers (brand new , first installation after fortmat)

4)Also checked if the graphic card "sits" well in the pins of PCI express slot.

5)Also, after my old hard drive damaged, I bought new hard drive, installed brand new driver of nVidia for GT 240 again and still have this problem.

I believe that I might have got faulty graphic card.

I searched for solution from internet from other guys that have the same problem (kernel driver stopped) and they say to install drivers from the begining and something like this. But I already tried these.

I 'm starting to think that it's not software problem, but hardware (graphic card faulty).

I bought my PC in package in Jan 10'. So it's almost 2 years old. The problem existed from the first time I bought PC.

Any ideas or solution?

I attach an image (old, from this summer, but the problem still stays till today the same)

Thanks in advance.
Attachments

kerneldriver.jpg

Posted 12/22/2011 11:10 PM   
I've got this problems with the new driver too ... but not only by watching -> all the time -.-
I've got this problems with the new driver too ... but not only by watching -> all the time -.-

Posted 12/23/2011 12:27 AM   
[quote name='Skiruna' date='23 December 2011 - 02:27 AM' timestamp='1324600037' post='1346094']
[/quote]

So it's driver's problem?
[quote name='Skiruna' date='23 December 2011 - 02:27 AM' timestamp='1324600037' post='1346094']

So it's driver's problem?

Posted 12/23/2011 09:10 AM   
[b]Hi MaYoshi and Skiruna[/b]

"So it's driver's problem?"

Yes it most definately is! I updated to the latest [b]GT 240[/b] driver from nVidia and I too am/was having problems. I've surfed the Internet and we are not alone. I've since rolled back the driver to the previous one.

Although nVidia have not admitted to problems with this driver, they are now offering a Beta of a new driver. but I'm waiting until it ceases to be a beta, then I'll install it. I've not had a lot of luck with Beta software in the past. So you can see why I'm reluctant to take this now.

I posted about this problem on the 15th of December, but had no replies and no viewings. I just saw your post and thought I'd contribute my findings so far. I feel that there isn't very much we can do, but sit and waittill the Beta becomes an Alpha.

Let's hope it doesn't take too long.
Hi MaYoshi and Skiruna

"So it's driver's problem?"

Yes it most definately is! I updated to the latest GT 240 driver from nVidia and I too am/was having problems. I've surfed the Internet and we are not alone. I've since rolled back the driver to the previous one.

Although nVidia have not admitted to problems with this driver, they are now offering a Beta of a new driver. but I'm waiting until it ceases to be a beta, then I'll install it. I've not had a lot of luck with Beta software in the past. So you can see why I'm reluctant to take this now.

I posted about this problem on the 15th of December, but had no replies and no viewings. I just saw your post and thought I'd contribute my findings so far. I feel that there isn't very much we can do, but sit and waittill the Beta becomes an Alpha.

Let's hope it doesn't take too long.

Posted 12/23/2011 01:22 PM   
OMG I tried three or four times to update my drivers but it crashed all the time so I've my old driver back. But so I can't play BF3 and that sucks cause my PC should can play BF3 but this GT240 don't wanna work -.-
lg
OMG I tried three or four times to update my drivers but it crashed all the time so I've my old driver back. But so I can't play BF3 and that sucks cause my PC should can play BF3 but this GT240 don't wanna work -.-

lg

Posted 12/23/2011 10:35 PM   
[b]Hi Skiruna[/b]

When I updated to the latest Alpha driver I was getting loads of Blue Screens of Death at start up. They said it was the fault of the nVidia Graphics Driver GT 240 and that I should update, but of course it was the update causing the problem. so as I said in my last post I rolled back to the previous driver. I'm still getting some graphics problems but no more BSOD's. Unless you want to check out nVidia's Beta, all that is left open to us is to wait till the Beta becomes an Alpha. Then hopefully we'll be back in business.

I've tried direct contact with nVidia, but all I get is a run around, no joy. That's why I registered for this forum, with the hope that someone on here would have some encouraging advice. But not only didn't my post on the 15th of December get replies it didn't even get any views?!!! I know, from surfing the Net that there are many other folks with this same problem, so why aren't they on here too, making their presence felt, after all there is power in numbers.

[size="5"][b]MERRY XMAS & A Happy New Year To All, who like me are suffering at the hands of nVidia[/b][/size]
Hi Skiruna

When I updated to the latest Alpha driver I was getting loads of Blue Screens of Death at start up. They said it was the fault of the nVidia Graphics Driver GT 240 and that I should update, but of course it was the update causing the problem. so as I said in my last post I rolled back to the previous driver. I'm still getting some graphics problems but no more BSOD's. Unless you want to check out nVidia's Beta, all that is left open to us is to wait till the Beta becomes an Alpha. Then hopefully we'll be back in business.

I've tried direct contact with nVidia, but all I get is a run around, no joy. That's why I registered for this forum, with the hope that someone on here would have some encouraging advice. But not only didn't my post on the 15th of December get replies it didn't even get any views?!!! I know, from surfing the Net that there are many other folks with this same problem, so why aren't they on here too, making their presence felt, after all there is power in numbers.

MERRY XMAS & A Happy New Year To All, who like me are suffering at the hands of nVidia

Posted 12/24/2011 12:42 PM   
[quote name='Graphicool1' date='24 December 2011 - 02:42 PM' timestamp='1324730572' post='1346728']

[size="5"][b]MERRY XMAS & A Happy New Year To All, who like me [u][size="7"]are suffering at the hands of nVidia[/size][/u][/b][/size]
[/quote]

Totally agree:P Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2012!
[quote name='Graphicool1' date='24 December 2011 - 02:42 PM' timestamp='1324730572' post='1346728']

MERRY XMAS & A Happy New Year To All, who like me are suffering at the hands of nVidia

Totally agree:P Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2012!

Posted 12/24/2011 09:16 PM   
Omg thats exactly my opinion :D and i totally agree with u. That'S so funny i registerd with this small hope too haha :D And the problem sucks cause origin offers 33% of BF3 only at the 24th :D so bad that it's funny
merry christmas too /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
Omg thats exactly my opinion :D and i totally agree with u. That'S so funny i registerd with this small hope too haha :D And the problem sucks cause origin offers 33% of BF3 only at the 24th :D so bad that it's funny

merry christmas too /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Posted 12/24/2011 11:12 PM   
ive had this problem since early November i think it is now with no solution. definitely a software problem as the standard driver works fine until i update to Nvidia recommended driver. even previous versions im having the same display crash and now im running a gaming laptop crippled unable to play games or watch video without lag on full screen. every mouse move had it crashing. its consuming me, in all my time with computers this is probably the biggest let down that they released software that we all need that doesnt work. im sure those running AMD have better support. as mentioned if they at least came out and held their hands up and said were working on it that would give some comfort instead they leave us in the dark this long.
ive had this problem since early November i think it is now with no solution. definitely a software problem as the standard driver works fine until i update to Nvidia recommended driver. even previous versions im having the same display crash and now im running a gaming laptop crippled unable to play games or watch video without lag on full screen. every mouse move had it crashing. its consuming me, in all my time with computers this is probably the biggest let down that they released software that we all need that doesnt work. im sure those running AMD have better support. as mentioned if they at least came out and held their hands up and said were working on it that would give some comfort instead they leave us in the dark this long.

Posted 01/05/2012 03:11 AM   
[b]Hi mixterz[/b]

welcome to the '[b]Nvidia Used & Abused Club[/b]'.

Regarding what you are saying about...

"unable to play games or watch video without lag on full screen"

I hate to have to appear to be defending Nvidia, however I'm doubtfull that this has anything to to with an Nvidia, driver or card. As, I also had that trouble and it turned out to be the 'Codecs'. Since I installed the 'K-Lite Codec Pack' I haven't had any problems with watching videos.

The best part is, it's FREE...

There are 4 flavours: [b]Basic[/b] - [b]Standard[/b] - [b]Full[/b] -[b] Mega[/b] and also a 64 bit

http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm
(Make sure you check the requirements)

The K-Lite Codec Pack contains the following...

[b]ffdshow:[/b]

ffdshow [revision 3467]
ffdshow is a very powerful DirectShow filter that can decode many audio and video formats. It also contains lots of options for manipulation of the audio and video, such as resizing and post-processing. Examples of supported video formats are: DivX, Xvid, MPEG-4, H.264/AVC, MPEG-2, VC-1, H.263, FLV1, FLV4, VP3, VP6, Theora, SVQ1, SVQ3, and MJPEG. Examples of supported audio formats are: MP3, AAC, AC3, DTS, LPCM, Vorbis, MP1, MP2, E-AC3, Dolby TrueHD, AMR, Nellymoser, and IMA ADPCM

[b]DirectShow video decoding filters:[/b]

WebM VP8 [version 0.9.7.0]
For decoding VP8 video.

[b]DirectShow source filters:[/b]

AVI splitter (Haali Media Splitter) [version 1.10.175.0]
For parsing the AVI container (.avi files).
MP4/3GP/MOV splitter (Haali Media Splitter) [version 1.10.175.0]
MP4/3GP/MOV splitter (Gabest) [version 1.3.1976.0]
For parsing the MP4/MOV/3GP containers (.mp4 .m4v .hdmov .mov .3gp files).
Matroska splitter (Haali Media Splitter) [version 1.10.175.0]
For parsing the Matroska container (.mkv .mka files).
Haali also supports the WEBM format (.webm files).
Ogg splitter (Haali Media Splitter) [version 1.10.175.0]
For parsing the Ogg container (.ogm .ogv .ogg .oga files).
MPEG-PS/TS splitter (Gabest) [version 1.3.1976.0]
MPEG-PS/TS splitter (Haali Media Splitter) [version 1.10.175.0]
For parsing the MPEG-PS container (.mpeg .mpg .m1v .m2v files) and the MPEG-TS container (.ts .m2ts .m2t .mts files).The Haali MPEG-PS splitter also supports .evo files, but it does not always work properly for regular MPEG files.
FLV splitter (Gabest) [version 1.3.1976.0]
For parsing the FLV container (.flv files).

[b]DirectShow subtitle filter:[/b]

DirectVobSub (a.k.a. VSFilter) [version 2.39.5.3]
DirectVobSub is a filter for displaying subtitles (ssa/ass, srt and vobsub). Your subtitle file(s) should have the same filename as your video file (for example: MovieName.avi + MovieName.idx + MovieName.sub) and should be in the same folder as your video file. Then the subtitles will automatically be displayed in most players.

[b]Other filters:[/b]

Haali Video Renderer [version 1.10.175.0]
Excellent video renderer that can be used as an alternative for the video renderers that Windows offers.
Requires a modern graphics card with PixelShader 1.4 or higher.

[b]Tools:[/b]

K-Lite Codec Tweak Tool [version 4.4.2]
With this multi-functional tool you can do many useful things. It can detect and fix some common problems. It can generate a detailed list of all installed codecs and filters. It can reset settings for the codecs from the pack. It can backup and restore your setting. It allows you to manage the installed codecs and filters.
Win7DSFilterTweaker [version 3.2]
Allows setting third party decoders as the preferred filters in Windows 7.

I hope this helps, but even if you already have it, it's always updating.
Hi mixterz

welcome to the 'Nvidia Used & Abused Club'.

Regarding what you are saying about...

"unable to play games or watch video without lag on full screen"

I hate to have to appear to be defending Nvidia, however I'm doubtfull that this has anything to to with an Nvidia, driver or card. As, I also had that trouble and it turned out to be the 'Codecs'. Since I installed the 'K-Lite Codec Pack' I haven't had any problems with watching videos.

The best part is, it's FREE...

There are 4 flavours: Basic - Standard - Full - Mega and also a 64 bit

http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

(Make sure you check the requirements)

The K-Lite Codec Pack contains the following...

ffdshow:

ffdshow [revision 3467]

ffdshow is a very powerful DirectShow filter that can decode many audio and video formats. It also contains lots of options for manipulation of the audio and video, such as resizing and post-processing. Examples of supported video formats are: DivX, Xvid, MPEG-4, H.264/AVC, MPEG-2, VC-1, H.263, FLV1, FLV4, VP3, VP6, Theora, SVQ1, SVQ3, and MJPEG. Examples of supported audio formats are: MP3, AAC, AC3, DTS, LPCM, Vorbis, MP1, MP2, E-AC3, Dolby TrueHD, AMR, Nellymoser, and IMA ADPCM

DirectShow video decoding filters:

WebM VP8 [version 0.9.7.0]

For decoding VP8 video.

DirectShow source filters:

AVI splitter (Haali Media Splitter) [version 1.10.175.0]

For parsing the AVI container (.avi files).

MP4/3GP/MOV splitter (Haali Media Splitter) [version 1.10.175.0]

MP4/3GP/MOV splitter (Gabest) [version 1.3.1976.0]

For parsing the MP4/MOV/3GP containers (.mp4 .m4v .hdmov .mov .3gp files).

Matroska splitter (Haali Media Splitter) [version 1.10.175.0]

For parsing the Matroska container (.mkv .mka files).

Haali also supports the WEBM format (.webm files).

Ogg splitter (Haali Media Splitter) [version 1.10.175.0]

For parsing the Ogg container (.ogm .ogv .ogg .oga files).

MPEG-PS/TS splitter (Gabest) [version 1.3.1976.0]

MPEG-PS/TS splitter (Haali Media Splitter) [version 1.10.175.0]

For parsing the MPEG-PS container (.mpeg .mpg .m1v .m2v files) and the MPEG-TS container (.ts .m2ts .m2t .mts files).The Haali MPEG-PS splitter also supports .evo files, but it does not always work properly for regular MPEG files.

FLV splitter (Gabest) [version 1.3.1976.0]

For parsing the FLV container (.flv files).

DirectShow subtitle filter:

DirectVobSub (a.k.a. VSFilter) [version 2.39.5.3]

DirectVobSub is a filter for displaying subtitles (ssa/ass, srt and vobsub). Your subtitle file(s) should have the same filename as your video file (for example: MovieName.avi + MovieName.idx + MovieName.sub) and should be in the same folder as your video file. Then the subtitles will automatically be displayed in most players.

Other filters:

Haali Video Renderer [version 1.10.175.0]

Excellent video renderer that can be used as an alternative for the video renderers that Windows offers.

Requires a modern graphics card with PixelShader 1.4 or higher.

Tools:

K-Lite Codec Tweak Tool [version 4.4.2]

With this multi-functional tool you can do many useful things. It can detect and fix some common problems. It can generate a detailed list of all installed codecs and filters. It can reset settings for the codecs from the pack. It can backup and restore your setting. It allows you to manage the installed codecs and filters.

Win7DSFilterTweaker [version 3.2]

Allows setting third party decoders as the preferred filters in Windows 7.

I hope this helps, but even if you already have it, it's always updating.

Posted 01/05/2012 11:04 AM   
But does this help us to stop the crashing when we play? Or only to watch without crashs? Cause i can watch some movies without any problems...

lg
But does this help us to stop the crashing when we play? Or only to watch without crashs? Cause i can watch some movies without any problems...

lg

Posted 01/05/2012 01:40 PM   
[b]Hi Skiruna[/b]

All I can tell you is my own experience. I was having trouble trying to watch videos. They kept stopping and starting. I downloaded and installed K-Lite and now I can watch videos without so much as a hiccup. Give it a go, the worst scenario could be that it doesn't make any difference on your PC. But what the hell, it's got to be worth a try, all it will cost you is time.

As with all installs, just make sure before you do to create a 'Restore Point' then nothing can go wrong that you can't put right.
Hi Skiruna

All I can tell you is my own experience. I was having trouble trying to watch videos. They kept stopping and starting. I downloaded and installed K-Lite and now I can watch videos without so much as a hiccup. Give it a go, the worst scenario could be that it doesn't make any difference on your PC. But what the hell, it's got to be worth a try, all it will cost you is time.

As with all installs, just make sure before you do to create a 'Restore Point' then nothing can go wrong that you can't put right.

Posted 01/05/2012 02:16 PM   
i should have been a little more clear the lag in video or display performance is from the standard vga graphics driver from dell not the nvidia which i cant install due to the crashes.
Im fully aware of codecs for video playback.
@ Skiruna no codecs are only targeted at video software like vlc to play all formats of video films etc.
the nvidia driver is essential for your games to play at full potential without it your not running your machine properly.
i should have been a little more clear the lag in video or display performance is from the standard vga graphics driver from dell not the nvidia which i cant install due to the crashes.

Im fully aware of codecs for video playback.

@ Skiruna no codecs are only targeted at video software like vlc to play all formats of video films etc.

the nvidia driver is essential for your games to play at full potential without it your not running your machine properly.

Posted 01/05/2012 04:24 PM   
Well then I will try tomorrow /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
thanks guys
Well then I will try tomorrow /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

thanks guys

Posted 01/05/2012 08:04 PM   
ok found a fix so far using a program called TuneUp Utilities 2012 i selected turbo mode which disables all windows 7 themes looks like xp now again did custom install and did clean install minus update and 3D. working fine so far no crashes :)
ok found a fix so far using a program called TuneUp Utilities 2012 i selected turbo mode which disables all windows 7 themes looks like xp now again did custom install and did clean install minus update and 3D. working fine so far no crashes :)

Posted 01/22/2012 11:13 AM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top