GeForce 8400GS Driver Crash Talk about Geforce 8400 GS Driver Crashing
So, I got my GeForce 8400GS about 1 year ago. Everything worked fine with it until I decided to install Windows Live Mail. Whenever I create a new mail message, my graphics driver crashes. I haven't tried reinstalling the driver b/c I don't have admin access. Also, another interesting problem happened the other day. I was creating a new mail message, and first the graphics driver crashed, my monitor went blank, my speakers emitted a beep sound, and my system crashed completly. I got a blue screen of death saying, "Windows has encountered a unknown error and has to shut down to prevent damage to system components. If you have any help, please tell me ASAP!

System Specs:

Intel Celeron D Single Core 2.53 GHz
2GB DDR 333MHz RAM

250GB PATA Hard Drive

17" Dell Monitor

EVGA GeForce 8400 GS

Dedicated Memory: 512MB

Total Memory: 1278MB

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRICIATED!
So, I got my GeForce 8400GS about 1 year ago. Everything worked fine with it until I decided to install Windows Live Mail. Whenever I create a new mail message, my graphics driver crashes. I haven't tried reinstalling the driver b/c I don't have admin access. Also, another interesting problem happened the other day. I was creating a new mail message, and first the graphics driver crashed, my monitor went blank, my speakers emitted a beep sound, and my system crashed completly. I got a blue screen of death saying, "Windows has encountered a unknown error and has to shut down to prevent damage to system components. If you have any help, please tell me ASAP!

System Specs:

Intel Celeron D Single Core 2.53 GHz

2GB DDR 333MHz RAM

250GB PATA Hard Drive

17" Dell Monitor

EVGA GeForce 8400 GS

Dedicated Memory: 512MB

Total Memory: 1278MB

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRICIATED!

Posted 12/22/2011 03:48 AM   
I have been getting the same blue screen problems as well, don't know if it's the driver itself or if it's conflicting w/ Norton security. Have had the problem since I updated driver, upgraded to IE9, and added Norton security, all at approximately the same time. I can't seem to narrow down the problem, even after repeated system restores. I was running the driver from the accompanying cd w/ purchase, shortly thereafter was notified about 2 driver updates. One installed, the other seemed to be for 3D gaming and, I think, was still in beta and did not seem applicable. The blue screen seems completely random and becoming more frequent. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am running Windows Vista, SP2 , 32-bit on an Acer Aspire M1100 desktop
with AMD Athlon X2 Dual core processor BE-2350 & 2GB RAM
I have been getting the same blue screen problems as well, don't know if it's the driver itself or if it's conflicting w/ Norton security. Have had the problem since I updated driver, upgraded to IE9, and added Norton security, all at approximately the same time. I can't seem to narrow down the problem, even after repeated system restores. I was running the driver from the accompanying cd w/ purchase, shortly thereafter was notified about 2 driver updates. One installed, the other seemed to be for 3D gaming and, I think, was still in beta and did not seem applicable. The blue screen seems completely random and becoming more frequent. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am running Windows Vista, SP2 , 32-bit on an Acer Aspire M1100 desktop

with AMD Athlon X2 Dual core processor BE-2350 & 2GB RAM

Posted 01/01/2012 09:58 PM   
Scroll To Top