Image Upload / Download Compression
As a test, I uploaded an ultra sharp Full HD 1920x1080 3D image in JPS format. Then I downloaded the uploaded image to view offline, just like someone else would. Once downloaded, the image size has changed. And the image is blurry. I expanded the image to the maximum before selecting "Save image as". My guess is that has been reprocessed and compressed.

Questions:

- Does 3DVisionLive store the original image as uploaded? If not, why not? If the image is large, then it just counts toward the available space, right?
- Is there an option to download the image without having it compressed?

Is there a way to do this already? If not, here's the really issue:

- I want to upload screen-shots to showcase 3D effects of certain games using 3D Vision/3DTV Play to others (friends, etc)
- What kind of message is sent when one downloads a reprocessed/compressed image and looks at a blurry picture?
As a test, I uploaded an ultra sharp Full HD 1920x1080 3D image in JPS format. Then I downloaded the uploaded image to view offline, just like someone else would. Once downloaded, the image size has changed. And the image is blurry. I expanded the image to the maximum before selecting "Save image as". My guess is that has been reprocessed and compressed.

Questions:

- Does 3DVisionLive store the original image as uploaded? If not, why not? If the image is large, then it just counts toward the available space, right?

- Is there an option to download the image without having it compressed?

Is there a way to do this already? If not, here's the really issue:

- I want to upload screen-shots to showcase 3D effects of certain games using 3D Vision/3DTV Play to others (friends, etc)

- What kind of message is sent when one downloads a reprocessed/compressed image and looks at a blurry picture?

Posted 12/20/2011 04:02 PM   
You can try uploading as a PNS file instead. It's possible they will work better. ([url=http://photos.3dvisionlive.com/Zloth/image/4ef12334378501d336000005/]sample[/url]) Unfortunately, those things are huge files.

You might also try resizing your browser. Use the magnifying glass to make the image big then make your browser as big as you can. Do NOT maximize the browser window! Resize it and shove some of it off the screen. You might be able to get the full resolution that way.

Another possibility would be to use the embed option. The parameters there include the size so maybe you can use that to get at the original.

P.S. What kind of message? If your friends can view it, do they need a message?
You can try uploading as a PNS file instead. It's possible they will work better. (sample) Unfortunately, those things are huge files.

You might also try resizing your browser. Use the magnifying glass to make the image big then make your browser as big as you can. Do NOT maximize the browser window! Resize it and shove some of it off the screen. You might be able to get the full resolution that way.

Another possibility would be to use the embed option. The parameters there include the size so maybe you can use that to get at the original.

P.S. What kind of message? If your friends can view it, do they need a message?

Posted 12/21/2011 12:16 AM   
[quote name='xitrum' date='20 December 2011 - 09:02 AM' timestamp='1324396965' post='1344728']
[/quote]

The 3D images displayed by 3DVisionLive in your browser are not the the same original images that you have uploaded (this would take way too much bandwidth and time for each image being watched). Instead, the website displays a proxy version that has been resized and recompressed to better fit typical monitor resolution and internet bandwidth).

Downloading the original images at their native size and compression is not a functionnality that is currently offered in the (free) 3DVisionLive service.
[quote name='xitrum' date='20 December 2011 - 09:02 AM' timestamp='1324396965' post='1344728']

The 3D images displayed by 3DVisionLive in your browser are not the the same original images that you have uploaded (this would take way too much bandwidth and time for each image being watched). Instead, the website displays a proxy version that has been resized and recompressed to better fit typical monitor resolution and internet bandwidth).

Downloading the original images at their native size and compression is not a functionnality that is currently offered in the (free) 3DVisionLive service.

Posted 12/21/2011 05:57 PM   
when i open jps picture(photo) then show error stereo not enable
nvidia 3d vision features are not enabled please review stereo set up
when i open jps picture(photo) then show error stereo not enable

nvidia 3d vision features are not enabled please review stereo set up

Posted 12/25/2011 07:13 AM   
Scroll To Top