GeForce2 MX 400 Drivers for WIN7
Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting and I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. I just purchased a computer for my husband that was a refurbished/built computer. It has Win7 and cannot go in to sleep mode, which I know can be from not having up to date drivers. I'm assuming that may be due to the graphics card. I'm mainly concerned about my husband being able to play his online games etc without trouble. I can't even activate any windows screen savers because it says it requires a newer video card, or one that is compatible with Direct 3D.

The computer has a GeForce2 MX/MX400 That's what Nvidia's auto detect told me. I tried to have Windows update the driver (it is listed as a standard one) but it says it has the most compatible driver. I could not find one on this site either. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rebecca
Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting and I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. I just purchased a computer for my husband that was a refurbished/built computer. It has Win7 and cannot go in to sleep mode, which I know can be from not having up to date drivers. I'm assuming that may be due to the graphics card. I'm mainly concerned about my husband being able to play his online games etc without trouble. I can't even activate any windows screen savers because it says it requires a newer video card, or one that is compatible with Direct 3D.

The computer has a GeForce2 MX/MX400 That's what Nvidia's auto detect told me. I tried to have Windows update the driver (it is listed as a standard one) but it says it has the most compatible driver. I could not find one on this site either. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rebecca

Posted 12/19/2011 05:36 PM   
Hello,

That graphics card does not meet the minimum system requirements for Windows 7. You can either upgrade the video card, or install an older operating system (such as Windows XP) where you can find compatible drivers for it.
Hello,

That graphics card does not meet the minimum system requirements for Windows 7. You can either upgrade the video card, or install an older operating system (such as Windows XP) where you can find compatible drivers for it.

"This is your code. These are also your bugs. Really. Yes, the API runtime and the
driver have bugs, but this is not one of them. Now go fix it already." -fgiesen

Posted 12/19/2011 06:48 PM   
As nvtweakman said, you need a GPU which can support DX9 in hardware (ideally DX10) in order to create Windows 7 drivers so it is not possible to use the Geforce 2 MX family under Windows 7. The Geforce 2 MX will only go up to DX7 I believe.
As nvtweakman said, you need a GPU which can support DX9 in hardware (ideally DX10) in order to create Windows 7 drivers so it is not possible to use the Geforce 2 MX family under Windows 7. The Geforce 2 MX will only go up to DX7 I believe.

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 12/19/2011 07:56 PM   
Scroll To Top