New Extreme Build Using Submerged Cooling: Dual EVGA GTX 590, Intel 3960x, ASUS Rampage Extreme IV S
[size="2"][font="Arial Black"]([url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=218700&st=0"]Check other post[/url] before replying here) [/font][/size]
[size="2"] [/size][size="2"][font="Arial Black"]Hello,[/font]

[font="Arial Black"]I am building a custom rig and I will be using total submersion of all components (except Standard Hard Drives). It is the plan to use 3M's Novac 7000 as a coolant in a Phase-Change-Cooling setup. I am a college student studding Computer Engineering at WSU, KS. I have a rare chance to build an extreme system and I need to make sure that I assemble the best and safest over-clocked system that I can. I need this system to be as future proof as possible for at least 5+ years. I also need this system to be powerful enough to run the demanding engineering software that is required for my chosen career. I am also a digital artist and need a system that will render and animate like a pro system, and I must admit that I am an avid gamer and want to be able to play the latest games at max settings if I wish. Any advice from professional or experienced and engineers will be greatly appreciated![/font]

[font="Arial Black"]Here is a list of the main components:[/font]

[font="Arial Black"]1x Intel i7 3960x[/font]

[font="Arial Black"]1x ASUS Rampage IV Extreme/BATTLEFIELD 3[/font]

[font="Arial Black"]1x 1350 watt 80 Plus Gold solid state power supply[/font]

[font="Arial Black"]2x EVGA GTX 590/Will be running Quad Sli[/font]

[font="Arial Black"]2x OCZ 120GB/6GB's solid state drive[/font]

[font="Arial Black"]32 GB DDR3/ 2133mhz Quad Channel[/font]

[font="Arial Black"] [Added: this is the specific memory that I have] ->Quad channel kit for Intel X79 LGA 2011, XMP ready[/font]
[font="Arial Black"] (x2) G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-17000CL11Q-16GBZL[/font]
[font="Arial Black"] Cas Latency: 11[/font]
[font="Arial Black"] Voltage: 1.6V[/font]
[font="Arial Black"] Multi-channel Kit: Quad Channel Kit[/font]
[font="Arial Black"] Timing: 11-11-11-30[/font]
[font="Arial Black"] Model #: F3-17000CL11Q-16GBZL[/font]
[font="Arial, Helvetica"]
[s]______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________[/s]
[/font][/size]
[size="2"][font="Arial Black"]
FYI, I am mostly asking advice on the setup of a submerged Phase-Change-Cooling system. Not really looking for advice on hardware that I have already bought. And to the Radeon people, get real, this is a Nvidia forum. I do not want to own a Radeon, I'm not as upset as Radeon types over the price of Nvidia, which is the primary motivation for the over-the-top insane anger and hatred of NVIDIA. This type of irrational think reminds me of Mac people who think Mac's are the greatest even though its hard to find software, hardware, etc... (and by the way, I don't believe in typing groups as bad or better or evil or any stupid thing like that. I just think that people should be honest about why the feel or believe as they do and that people should not make false reasoning's to justify there feelings.[/font][/size]
[font="Arial Black"] [/font][s]______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________[/s] [s]

[/s][font="Arial Black"][size="2"]Here is an interesting Youtube Channel which covers submerged PC's and Servers.--->[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/petuma1"]http://www.youtube.com/user/petuma1[/url][/size][/font]

[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"] [/font]
(Check other post before replying here)

Hello,

I am building a custom rig and I will be using total submersion of all components (except Standard Hard Drives). It is the plan to use 3M's Novac 7000 as a coolant in a Phase-Change-Cooling setup. I am a college student studding Computer Engineering at WSU, KS. I have a rare chance to build an extreme system and I need to make sure that I assemble the best and safest over-clocked system that I can. I need this system to be as future proof as possible for at least 5+ years. I also need this system to be powerful enough to run the demanding engineering software that is required for my chosen career. I am also a digital artist and need a system that will render and animate like a pro system, and I must admit that I am an avid gamer and want to be able to play the latest games at max settings if I wish. Any advice from professional or experienced and engineers will be greatly appreciated!

Here is a list of the main components:

1x Intel i7 3960x

1x ASUS Rampage IV Extreme/BATTLEFIELD 3

1x 1350 watt 80 Plus Gold solid state power supply

2x EVGA GTX 590/Will be running Quad Sli

2x OCZ 120GB/6GB's solid state drive

32 GB DDR3/ 2133mhz Quad Channel

[Added: this is the specific memory that I have] ->Quad channel kit for Intel X79 LGA 2011, XMP ready

(x2) G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-17000CL11Q-16GBZL

Cas Latency: 11

Voltage: 1.6V

Multi-channel Kit: Quad Channel Kit

Timing: 11-11-11-30

Model #: F3-17000CL11Q-16GBZL

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FYI, I am mostly asking advice on the setup of a submerged Phase-Change-Cooling system. Not really looking for advice on hardware that I have already bought. And to the Radeon people, get real, this is a Nvidia forum. I do not want to own a Radeon, I'm not as upset as Radeon types over the price of Nvidia, which is the primary motivation for the over-the-top insane anger and hatred of NVIDIA. This type of irrational think reminds me of Mac people who think Mac's are the greatest even though its hard to find software, hardware, etc... (and by the way, I don't believe in typing groups as bad or better or evil or any stupid thing like that. I just think that people should be honest about why the feel or believe as they do and that people should not make false reasoning's to justify there feelings.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is an interesting Youtube Channel which covers submerged PC's and Servers.--->http://www.youtube.com/user/petuma1

Posted 12/19/2011 03:53 PM   
On youtube you find some imersive PCs projects, maybe is a good point of start to take ideas.

The most complicated part is the case, since its customized, a good idea would be think on the fluid flow inside it and where to place the components.

About cables you could pass then by the top of the case (if the case has a hood, make some holes there). Fix the cables on the wall of the case so ther isnt a chance of it gets loose on the plugs.

Be sure to do a good seal on the walls and floor of the case, it could be a acrilics case, or a fishtank if you have a way to cut glass.

I believe that except for the DVD and HD the rest you could put inside the fluid.

Get the correctly specifications on that fluid so make sure its not eletrical conductive.

Other idea would be selecting the CPU cooler, deciding about thin or larger spaces between heatsink blades. Check the fluid viscosity, better have a techinical help on this one.

Good luck, hope you dont need to change any part after submerge it. /rofl.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rofl:' />

Good luck, and I hoe you dont need to change any part after submerge it. /ermm.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ermm:' />
On youtube you find some imersive PCs projects, maybe is a good point of start to take ideas.

The most complicated part is the case, since its customized, a good idea would be think on the fluid flow inside it and where to place the components.

About cables you could pass then by the top of the case (if the case has a hood, make some holes there). Fix the cables on the wall of the case so ther isnt a chance of it gets loose on the plugs.

Be sure to do a good seal on the walls and floor of the case, it could be a acrilics case, or a fishtank if you have a way to cut glass.

I believe that except for the DVD and HD the rest you could put inside the fluid.

Get the correctly specifications on that fluid so make sure its not eletrical conductive.

Other idea would be selecting the CPU cooler, deciding about thin or larger spaces between heatsink blades. Check the fluid viscosity, better have a techinical help on this one.

Good luck, hope you dont need to change any part after submerge it. /rofl.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rofl:' />

Good luck, and I hoe you dont need to change any part after submerge it. /ermm.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ermm:' />

MB: Intel DH55HC

CPU: Intel i7 860, 3.2 GHz + Akasa Nero 2 + Viper Fan

RAM: Kingstone 2x 2 Gb, DDR 3, 1333 MHz

PSU: Seventeam V-Force Series 850W

GPU: Evga GTX 580 772/1544/2004(4008)

SPU: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer

HD: Samsung 1 Tb, 32 Mb, SaTA II

DVD: LG Blue Ray

CASE: Aerocool BX-500, 7 fans

GPAD: Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

MOUSE: CM Sentinel Advance

KEY: Logitech G15

MON: LG Flatron E2350, 1920 x 1080 res

SO: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits

DRIV: Forceware 285.62

Posted 01/17/2012 07:33 PM   
What I'm still wondering is why are you wanting to combine phase change and sumbersion? You'd get all the cooling you'd ever need out of just immersion cooling. I'd personally rather have subersion over phase change anyways as phase change isn't the most stable way to cool.

FYI, you should know you're going to completely void the warranties on all of these parts this way. Immersion is pretty much the last thing EVGA expressly fobids.

What I'm still wondering is why are you wanting to combine phase change and sumbersion? You'd get all the cooling you'd ever need out of just immersion cooling. I'd personally rather have subersion over phase change anyways as phase change isn't the most stable way to cool.

FYI, you should know you're going to completely void the warranties on all of these parts this way. Immersion is pretty much the last thing EVGA expressly fobids.

Done.

Posted 01/18/2012 04:55 AM   
Scroll To Top