ADVICE please: gtx590 with Intel i7-3960X
I am, right now, building a new comp with Intel i7-3960X Sandy Bridge E: 6-Core 3.3GHz X79
and a GTX 590... I was thinking of getting another 590 to run duel with SLI... the whole reason was to do Surround 2D.

I have seen various threads where people are talking about different aspects of these various parameters. Has anyone here had experience on this particular combination?

Please, any advice.

thanks
I am, right now, building a new comp with Intel i7-3960X Sandy Bridge E: 6-Core 3.3GHz X79

and a GTX 590... I was thinking of getting another 590 to run duel with SLI... the whole reason was to do Surround 2D.

I have seen various threads where people are talking about different aspects of these various parameters. Has anyone here had experience on this particular combination?

Please, any advice.

thanks

Posted 12/18/2011 09:52 PM   
You can actually run nvidia surround off a sinlge GTX590... having 2 of them is going to help performance though.

Was there actually anything specific you wanted to know...?
You can actually run nvidia surround off a sinlge GTX590... having 2 of them is going to help performance though.

[quote name='-{RaptoR}-' date='18 December 2011 - 03:59 PM' timestamp='1324245589' post='1343957']

[/quote]

I will start by just using the single 590.. thanks for that info.

I was wondering if there are specific monitors which will work best in 2D surround mode. I have a ViewSonic VX2835 (single) right now. If I have to get two more monitors, I want to be sure I get the right ones. I saw that you are supposed to use the same monitors somewhere. I guess I want to be sure I spend money on the monitors that will work best.

Also, the reason I mentioned if anyone has any advice, I just wanted to be sure that I took into account anything specific about running th GTX590 in 2D surround mode that was related to purchasing the monitors to go with the card, purchasing another card (if needed) and what configuration I need.

Right now, I have all the computer parts done and just the one monitor mentioned. I haven't bought the 3D Vision Surround package (which I am assuming I need for 2D surround).. just want to make sure I understand how this all works and do it right instead of forging forward and making blaring mistakes..

thanks
[quote name='-{RaptoR}-' date='18 December 2011 - 03:59 PM' timestamp='1324245589' post='1343957']

I will start by just using the single 590.. thanks for that info.

I was wondering if there are specific monitors which will work best in 2D surround mode. I have a ViewSonic VX2835 (single) right now. If I have to get two more monitors, I want to be sure I get the right ones. I saw that you are supposed to use the same monitors somewhere. I guess I want to be sure I spend money on the monitors that will work best.

Also, the reason I mentioned if anyone has any advice, I just wanted to be sure that I took into account anything specific about running th GTX590 in 2D surround mode that was related to purchasing the monitors to go with the card, purchasing another card (if needed) and what configuration I need.

Right now, I have all the computer parts done and just the one monitor mentioned. I haven't bought the 3D Vision Surround package (which I am assuming I need for 2D surround).. just want to make sure I understand how this all works and do it right instead of forging forward and making blaring mistakes..

thanks

Posted 12/19/2011 05:00 AM   
You do not need the 3D package for 2D surround. 2D surround is simply 3 spanned screens.

It is best you use 3x identical monitors. You can use different ones, but you can run into issues... Make sure they all have the same resolution, refresh rate etc...

Stick with 1920x1080. Any higher and the VRAM limit on the GTX590 is going to max out far to easy
You do not need the 3D package for 2D surround. 2D surround is simply 3 spanned screens.

It is best you use 3x identical monitors. You can use different ones, but you can run into issues... Make sure they all have the same resolution, refresh rate etc...

Stick with 1920x1080. Any higher and the VRAM limit on the GTX590 is going to max out far to easy
Scroll To Top