Star Wars: The Old Republic driver crash
  1 / 15    
Hi,
I have an issue with Star Wars the Old republic, that occurs only in this game. Specifically, i get constant display crashes with display driver has stopped responding an recovered. It only occurs in swtor, doesnt occur in Skyrim or BF3 or league of legends. I have uninstalled my graphic drivers and ran a driver cleaner, and the problem persists.

Sys specs are:
GTX580
i5 2500k
8gig of ram.

Cheers,
Shwain.
Hi,

I have an issue with Star Wars the Old republic, that occurs only in this game. Specifically, i get constant display crashes with display driver has stopped responding an recovered. It only occurs in swtor, doesnt occur in Skyrim or BF3 or league of legends. I have uninstalled my graphic drivers and ran a driver cleaner, and the problem persists.

Sys specs are:

GTX580

i5 2500k

8gig of ram.

Cheers,

Shwain.

Posted 12/15/2011 02:22 AM   
I had an issue in which my machine would reboot automatically when I tried to get to the character creation screen of the game. The only way I was able to get past that was to disable the SLI configuration on my machine. If anyone know of a workaround that would allow me to keep my cards with SLI Enabled please let me know.

Thanks,
Emil
I had an issue in which my machine would reboot automatically when I tried to get to the character creation screen of the game. The only way I was able to get past that was to disable the SLI configuration on my machine. If anyone know of a workaround that would allow me to keep my cards with SLI Enabled please let me know.

Thanks,

Emil

Posted 12/15/2011 03:18 PM   
Hey, I seem to be having similar issues. I have 2x GTX 460's and I experience a complete system crash when I have SLI enabled. It doesn't seem to do the same thing when I have SLI disabled. I also noticed that I don;t seem to get a difference in FPS with SLI enabled or disabled.

I have removed all overclocks from my CPU and GPU's and still the same issue. Do we know if this is a driver issue?

Specs:

Intel i7 2600k
2x GTX 460 1GB SLI
OCZ Vertex 2E SSD
8GB Corsair DDR3
Hey, I seem to be having similar issues. I have 2x GTX 460's and I experience a complete system crash when I have SLI enabled. It doesn't seem to do the same thing when I have SLI disabled. I also noticed that I don;t seem to get a difference in FPS with SLI enabled or disabled.

I have removed all overclocks from my CPU and GPU's and still the same issue. Do we know if this is a driver issue?

Specs:

Intel i7 2600k

2x GTX 460 1GB SLI

OCZ Vertex 2E SSD

8GB Corsair DDR3

Posted 12/16/2011 09:41 PM   
I have a similar problem that also only occur in Star Wars The Old Republic.
After about 5 minutes in the game my computer crashes completely and my graphics cooler goes mad
if i had to guess i'd say that it is running at absolute maximum speed.
After that i have to turn off my computer for a few minutes to let it cool down - if i don't my monitors won't receive a signal.

I'm not overclocking anything and i'm only running a single Zotac GTX 580
I'm actively playing World of Warcraft, Starcraft 2 and Skyrim - none of which have this problem.

I have a few things i wanna try and then i'll report back here.

Specs:
Core I7 920
1x 580 GTX 1500MB~ DDR5
12GB DDR3 - cannot remember the manufacturer.
240GB OCZ Agility 2
I have a similar problem that also only occur in Star Wars The Old Republic.

After about 5 minutes in the game my computer crashes completely and my graphics cooler goes mad

if i had to guess i'd say that it is running at absolute maximum speed.

After that i have to turn off my computer for a few minutes to let it cool down - if i don't my monitors won't receive a signal.

I'm not overclocking anything and i'm only running a single Zotac GTX 580

I'm actively playing World of Warcraft, Starcraft 2 and Skyrim - none of which have this problem.

I have a few things i wanna try and then i'll report back here.

Specs:

Core I7 920

1x 580 GTX 1500MB~ DDR5

12GB DDR3 - cannot remember the manufacturer.

240GB OCZ Agility 2

Posted 12/18/2011 11:38 AM   
I am having a similar issue with SW:ToR,

I have 1 GeForce GTX 460

Just installed the client to SW:ToR and 20 min it just completely locked up and I have had to hard reset the PC, it's done it twice, I am going to try and get back into it and change the settings to low and see if that helps.

Does anyone have any insight here?
I am having a similar issue with SW:ToR,

I have 1 GeForce GTX 460

Just installed the client to SW:ToR and 20 min it just completely locked up and I have had to hard reset the PC, it's done it twice, I am going to try and get back into it and change the settings to low and see if that helps.

Does anyone have any insight here?

Posted 12/18/2011 11:01 PM   
Since this game is not officially out yet, the details and/or known issues currently are limited if any. But ill post my personal findings,

Tested it with both 285.62 and 290.38, did crash once, Vsync on, graphic settings max, 2 other machines tested both with GTX 480's both driver versions and no crashes in roughly 30ish hours over the weekend.

I would encourage anyone having issues to post them here including as much detail as possible to help us track and issues that may be present
Since this game is not officially out yet, the details and/or known issues currently are limited if any. But ill post my personal findings,

Tested it with both 285.62 and 290.38, did crash once, Vsync on, graphic settings max, 2 other machines tested both with GTX 480's both driver versions and no crashes in roughly 30ish hours over the weekend.

I would encourage anyone having issues to post them here including as much detail as possible to help us track and issues that may be present

Home::Asus P8Z68 Deluxe::i7 2600k::16g Corsair Vengeance::Samsung 830 120gb SSD(OS)::GTX 690/GTX650Ti Physx :Asus AE247H x3 Surround.
Test rig::P9X79::i7-3820: Gskills 8gb::EVGA GTX 670SC SLI
Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread, I sometimes forget to check all of the many ones I reply to.
Opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of NVIDIA
Email Support:::Beta & Archived Driver Search:::Browser TDR Survey:::Promo Code Tips

Posted 12/20/2011 12:56 AM   
I have a 295 GTX (it's outdated... I know) and I'm having the same problems with SWTOR. I can get past the opening cinematics, create a character, etc. All of that works fine. But once I actually try and enter the game, it'll give me any combination of blank screen (with game cursor)/graphical artifacts/hard lockup. I noticed some folks have had varying degrees of success disabling multi-GPU mode. I tried that and I was actually able to get into the game but it'll lag and chop like crazy with big graphical artifacts, then crash after a few minutes. And this is with the lowest possible settings. And yes--Skyrim, MW3, etc. all work just fine with decent settings.
I have a 295 GTX (it's outdated... I know) and I'm having the same problems with SWTOR. I can get past the opening cinematics, create a character, etc. All of that works fine. But once I actually try and enter the game, it'll give me any combination of blank screen (with game cursor)/graphical artifacts/hard lockup. I noticed some folks have had varying degrees of success disabling multi-GPU mode. I tried that and I was actually able to get into the game but it'll lag and chop like crazy with big graphical artifacts, then crash after a few minutes. And this is with the lowest possible settings. And yes--Skyrim, MW3, etc. all work just fine with decent settings.

Posted 12/20/2011 05:46 AM   
I've been having this issue constantly today. It would happen a few times over the past week (1-2 times a night). Playing tonight though, it happened around 15 times in a 6 hour period. Single 560 Ti video card, dual monitors. 285.62 drivers. GPU temp sits around 40C.

Didn't seem to be any pattern to when it would happen, sometimes quite a while would pass between occurences, once it happened over and over again on one loading screen.
I've been having this issue constantly today. It would happen a few times over the past week (1-2 times a night). Playing tonight though, it happened around 15 times in a 6 hour period. Single 560 Ti video card, dual monitors. 285.62 drivers. GPU temp sits around 40C.

Didn't seem to be any pattern to when it would happen, sometimes quite a while would pass between occurences, once it happened over and over again on one loading screen.

Posted 12/20/2011 11:36 AM   
I am currently having this issue as well. I am running a GTX 9800. The game will freeze for a few seconds then crash to the desktop. The graphics card isn't getting hot, is cleaned out, and works fine for every other game i've tried. If any other information is need i can post that as well.
I am currently having this issue as well. I am running a GTX 9800. The game will freeze for a few seconds then crash to the desktop. The graphics card isn't getting hot, is cleaned out, and works fine for every other game i've tried. If any other information is need i can post that as well.

Posted 12/20/2011 07:59 PM   
What type of crashes are you guys seeing? Is there an error message? TDR? What does the event viewer in Windows say the crash is related to?
What type of crashes are you guys seeing? Is there an error message? TDR? What does the event viewer in Windows say the crash is related to?

Home::Asus P8Z68 Deluxe::i7 2600k::16g Corsair Vengeance::Samsung 830 120gb SSD(OS)::GTX 690/GTX650Ti Physx :Asus AE247H x3 Surround.
Test rig::P9X79::i7-3820: Gskills 8gb::EVGA GTX 670SC SLI
Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread, I sometimes forget to check all of the many ones I reply to.
Opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of NVIDIA
Email Support:::Beta & Archived Driver Search:::Browser TDR Survey:::Promo Code Tips

Posted 12/20/2011 09:49 PM   
Game slows to ~1 FPS with massive graphic glitches, then both monitors black out for a second and come back on. Loading screen on TOR and then it's back to normal. If I'm playing in Windowed mode, I can see the popup saying "Display Driver has stopped responding and recovered successfully."

I'll play in windowed until it happens again and see what filename it's specifying. Will edit in.
Game slows to ~1 FPS with massive graphic glitches, then both monitors black out for a second and come back on. Loading screen on TOR and then it's back to normal. If I'm playing in Windowed mode, I can see the popup saying "Display Driver has stopped responding and recovered successfully."

I'll play in windowed until it happens again and see what filename it's specifying. Will edit in.

Posted 12/20/2011 10:05 PM   
[quote name='Josh@NVIDIA' date='20 December 2011 - 03:49 PM' timestamp='1324417789' post='1344876']
[/quote]

In my case, there usually is no error message--I seem to recall once or twice getting the "program not responding" error but I didn't collect any details. I also recall one time a BSOD did reference an NVIDIA driver file but I neglected to note which one. See how helpful I am?

Oddly enough, I was actually able to play for about 5 minutes with a different character on a different SWTOR server but then blank screen/weird artifacts/crash (again--no Windows error message). I also noticed the yellow sign with the exclamation mark in the system tray (the one that usually indicates a driver not responding) but it went away before I could click on it for details.
[quote name='Josh@NVIDIA' date='20 December 2011 - 03:49 PM' timestamp='1324417789' post='1344876']

In my case, there usually is no error message--I seem to recall once or twice getting the "program not responding" error but I didn't collect any details. I also recall one time a BSOD did reference an NVIDIA driver file but I neglected to note which one. See how helpful I am?

Oddly enough, I was actually able to play for about 5 minutes with a different character on a different SWTOR server but then blank screen/weird artifacts/crash (again--no Windows error message). I also noticed the yellow sign with the exclamation mark in the system tray (the one that usually indicates a driver not responding) but it went away before I could click on it for details.

Posted 12/20/2011 10:18 PM   
I played for a bit in Windowed mode and was actually able to see the driver not responding error in the system tray after about 5 minutes--it referenced one of the driver kernels but it didn't stay up long enough for me to get a filename. Then the game crashed. Also, I should point out I've had these issues with both the "safe" 285 drivers as well as the beta 290 drivers.
I played for a bit in Windowed mode and was actually able to see the driver not responding error in the system tray after about 5 minutes--it referenced one of the driver kernels but it didn't stay up long enough for me to get a filename. Then the game crashed. Also, I should point out I've had these issues with both the "safe" 285 drivers as well as the beta 290 drivers.

Posted 12/20/2011 10:33 PM   
Event viewer is showing only 3 things for the last hour when i crashed.

Warning
EventID:19 Source:WHEA-Logger Log:System

Information
EventID:7002 Source: Service Control Manager Log:System

got that one twice.

Not getting any not responding, the game just locks up and vanishes. I'm not real familiar with event viewer either so that info could be useless.
Event viewer is showing only 3 things for the last hour when i crashed.

Warning

EventID:19 Source:WHEA-Logger Log:System

Information

EventID:7002 Source: Service Control Manager Log:System

got that one twice.

Not getting any not responding, the game just locks up and vanishes. I'm not real familiar with event viewer either so that info could be useless.

Posted 12/20/2011 10:41 PM   
ok so im trying to Play Star Wars The old Republic and im getting horrible FPS no matter that settings i run it on.. can you please help me out..

PvE zones im getting like 10-30fps and in PvP matches 1-9fps

GTX 460M
Intel Core i7-2630M quad-core processor and 8GB of DDR3 memory
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit SP1
ok so im trying to Play Star Wars The old Republic and im getting horrible FPS no matter that settings i run it on.. can you please help me out..

PvE zones im getting like 10-30fps and in PvP matches 1-9fps

GTX 460M

Intel Core i7-2630M quad-core processor and 8GB of DDR3 memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit SP1

Posted 12/20/2011 10:49 PM   
  1 / 15    
Scroll To Top