Latest Driver issue for Geforce GTX 560. Computer restarts with version 285 of the driver
Hello.

My computer has the following specs:

Motherboard : ASUS® P8Z68-V/GEN3: PCI-E 3.0 READY, SLI, CROSSFIRE
Processor : Intel Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz
Graphics Card : 1GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 - DVI,HDMI,VGA - 3D Vision Read
Memory (RAM) : 8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

I just bought my desktop with the above configuration.

I installed all the up to date drivers but the latest drivers for the Graphics card which is of version (285) crashes my computer. The graphics card came with a Drivers cd which contains the version of the graphics card (280). When I go to the NVIDIA drivers page and download the latest drivers for my machine, it installs properly but when the computer restarts, it enters the blue welcome screen of windows and once successfully logged in, my screen goes blank within about 5 seconds and the computer restarts. The same scenario loops over and over. Where I do not even get to see the boot screen of my Motherboard or anything. So I come to the conclusion that the drivers have crashed and the graphics card has a problem. The only way I can then fix it is connect my screen to the onboard graphics card of my motherboard and get into safe mode. I then get the following error message:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA80070814E0
BCP2: FFFFF8800F2519C8
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 000000000000000D
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\120611-10873-01.dmp
C:\Users\Bhairav\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-22479-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

To solve the issue, I then uninstall the graphics driver and restart the computer with my screen connected to the graphics card 560. However then the resolution is bad. I then install the Drivers that came with the graphics card in a CD. Which is the verion 280. That works properly.

However, to play my games properly, I get messages saying that I have to update my driver. SOmetimes games just fail during the gameplay.

Does anyone have had the same problem or if anyone has tried to fix it.

If anyone needs any more info, please let me know, and I will provide the info.

I am desperate to fix the problem.

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards.

Bruno
Hello.

My computer has the following specs:

Motherboard : ASUS® P8Z68-V/GEN3: PCI-E 3.0 READY, SLI, CROSSFIRE

Processor : Intel Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz

Graphics Card : 1GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 - DVI,HDMI,VGA - 3D Vision Read

Memory (RAM) : 8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

I just bought my desktop with the above configuration.

I installed all the up to date drivers but the latest drivers for the Graphics card which is of version (285) crashes my computer. The graphics card came with a Drivers cd which contains the version of the graphics card (280). When I go to the NVIDIA drivers page and download the latest drivers for my machine, it installs properly but when the computer restarts, it enters the blue welcome screen of windows and once successfully logged in, my screen goes blank within about 5 seconds and the computer restarts. The same scenario loops over and over. Where I do not even get to see the boot screen of my Motherboard or anything. So I come to the conclusion that the drivers have crashed and the graphics card has a problem. The only way I can then fix it is connect my screen to the onboard graphics card of my motherboard and get into safe mode. I then get the following error message:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 116

BCP1: FFFFFA80070814E0

BCP2: FFFFF8800F2519C8

BCP3: 0000000000000000

BCP4: 000000000000000D

OS Version: 6_1_7601

Service Pack: 1_0

Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\120611-10873-01.dmp

C:\Users\Bhairav\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-22479-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

To solve the issue, I then uninstall the graphics driver and restart the computer with my screen connected to the graphics card 560. However then the resolution is bad. I then install the Drivers that came with the graphics card in a CD. Which is the verion 280. That works properly.

However, to play my games properly, I get messages saying that I have to update my driver. SOmetimes games just fail during the gameplay.

Does anyone have had the same problem or if anyone has tried to fix it.

If anyone needs any more info, please let me know, and I will provide the info.

I am desperate to fix the problem.

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards.

Bruno

Posted 12/12/2011 12:03 AM   
Hi,

I have a similar issue with my Gigabyte 560 TI OC. If I use the latest drivers my computer will go into a cyclic reboot, it will crash during startup every time. Right now I am using the Windows inbox drivers (275.33). They at least work most of the time. Sometimes my computer will crash during startup even with these drivers but it will usually boot OK on the next attempt. When it crash I will get a MiniDump and the Bugcheck Analysis will show "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)" and pointing to nvlddmkm.sys.

I have tested my card on two different system, Core i5 and Core i7. Also different motherboards, first Intel and when that stopped working an ASUS. Right now I am actually running it on a Gigabyte motherboard, but that doesn't seem to make any difference. I have also had a computer company test the graphics card, and guess what, they didn't find any problems with it. They claimed it worked perfectly, they played Battlefield 3 for a whole weekend besides running a lot of other tests. And they claimed to have used driver version 285.62, something that hasn't worked for me.

Right now I am trying to find out what is different between their system and mine. So far it looks like the RAM might be the biggest difference. They might have tested with 1333MHz memory while I am using 1600MHz. I don't know if that should make any difference though.

I am happy for any suggestions. I haven't overclocked anything in my computer so that should not be the problem.

/Joel
Hi,

I have a similar issue with my Gigabyte 560 TI OC. If I use the latest drivers my computer will go into a cyclic reboot, it will crash during startup every time. Right now I am using the Windows inbox drivers (275.33). They at least work most of the time. Sometimes my computer will crash during startup even with these drivers but it will usually boot OK on the next attempt. When it crash I will get a MiniDump and the Bugcheck Analysis will show "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)" and pointing to nvlddmkm.sys.

I have tested my card on two different system, Core i5 and Core i7. Also different motherboards, first Intel and when that stopped working an ASUS. Right now I am actually running it on a Gigabyte motherboard, but that doesn't seem to make any difference. I have also had a computer company test the graphics card, and guess what, they didn't find any problems with it. They claimed it worked perfectly, they played Battlefield 3 for a whole weekend besides running a lot of other tests. And they claimed to have used driver version 285.62, something that hasn't worked for me.

Right now I am trying to find out what is different between their system and mine. So far it looks like the RAM might be the biggest difference. They might have tested with 1333MHz memory while I am using 1600MHz. I don't know if that should make any difference though.

I am happy for any suggestions. I haven't overclocked anything in my computer so that should not be the problem.

/Joel

Posted 12/15/2011 09:14 PM   
Scroll To Top