My PC cannot detect GPU. gtx560 ti
I have tried every possibility that I can find in these forums to install my newly bought gtx560 ti video card driver. But so far no successful.

install from CD => can't pass the first step (system check), says that graphic adapter not compatible with the set of driver.

download the newest driver from Nvidia website(v.290.36) => the same thing as above

tried Driver Sweeper => all display drivers are cleared, but still give me the same thing as above.

AND IF i use the automatic driver detection provided in Nvidia driver download page, it will say "Unfortunately we were unable to detect your GPU. "!!!!!!!!!

I don't understand why my PC won't detect the video card ?!!!
I've verified that the slot is PCI-e slot. and I have replugged in again but no fix.

What on earth is the problem? why my PC won't detect the video card ? defect video card????
I have tried every possibility that I can find in these forums to install my newly bought gtx560 ti video card driver. But so far no successful.

install from CD => can't pass the first step (system check), says that graphic adapter not compatible with the set of driver.

download the newest driver from Nvidia website(v.290.36) => the same thing as above

tried Driver Sweeper => all display drivers are cleared, but still give me the same thing as above.

AND IF i use the automatic driver detection provided in Nvidia driver download page, it will say "Unfortunately we were unable to detect your GPU. "!!!!!!!!!

I don't understand why my PC won't detect the video card ?!!!

I've verified that the slot is PCI-e slot. and I have replugged in again but no fix.

What on earth is the problem? why my PC won't detect the video card ? defect video card????

Posted 12/10/2011 07:59 PM   
If your computer is not even detecting the card in the first place, and you say you've done done what you have above and still cannot get your card working, it sounds like a hardware prob not software. I'd check and double check if the card is sitting firmly and correctly in the PCI-E slot and make sure the power is connected properly. Second check for damage on the card, especially the connector pins. Look for anything amiss at all on the card. If all else fails try and test it in another computer. If still no luck if it was me I'd send it back. But whatever you do, keep your hair ok champ?! It's not worth loosing it all over. Good luck!
If your computer is not even detecting the card in the first place, and you say you've done done what you have above and still cannot get your card working, it sounds like a hardware prob not software. I'd check and double check if the card is sitting firmly and correctly in the PCI-E slot and make sure the power is connected properly. Second check for damage on the card, especially the connector pins. Look for anything amiss at all on the card. If all else fails try and test it in another computer. If still no luck if it was me I'd send it back. But whatever you do, keep your hair ok champ?! It's not worth loosing it all over. Good luck!

Posted 12/10/2011 11:39 PM   
In addition to the above -
Remember to unplug your machine before checking stuff out.
Does the card show up in Device Manager ?

btw - Those driver are still in Beta, so try some older ones. maybe the 280 series.
Run Driver Sweeper after uninstalling the drivers to get any remnants of the previous drivers.
Make sure you only clean the graphics driver when using Driver Sweeper. The re-boot and reinstall.
I'm still using 275.33, but I don't have BF3, Skyrim or some of the other newest games.
The 275.33 drivers do work well with Crysis 2 and DIRT 3 though.

One other possibility - Do you have on board graphics on the motherboard that is enabled ?
In addition to the above -

Remember to unplug your machine before checking stuff out.

Does the card show up in Device Manager ?

btw - Those driver are still in Beta, so try some older ones. maybe the 280 series.

Run Driver Sweeper after uninstalling the drivers to get any remnants of the previous drivers.

Make sure you only clean the graphics driver when using Driver Sweeper. The re-boot and reinstall.

I'm still using 275.33, but I don't have BF3, Skyrim or some of the other newest games.

The 275.33 drivers do work well with Crysis 2 and DIRT 3 though.

One other possibility - Do you have on board graphics on the motherboard that is enabled ?

BossDweebe is in his second childhood, or would be if he'd ever left the first.

Posted 12/11/2011 10:27 AM   
[quote name='BossDweebe' date='11 December 2011 - 10:27 AM' timestamp='1323599248' post='1340681']

[/quote]

I was wondering this as well. Using a video card normally disables the onboard video. Not sure if this is still the case.

If it was me, I would reset the BIOS to defaults.
Switch off.
Connect the video cable to the NVidia card.
Switch back on and see if you get a display.
[quote name='BossDweebe' date='11 December 2011 - 10:27 AM' timestamp='1323599248' post='1340681']

I was wondering this as well. Using a video card normally disables the onboard video. Not sure if this is still the case.

Switch off.

Gigabyte GTX580 SOC connected to 28" Viewsonic VX2835wm 1920x1200 -- EVGA GF210 connected to 19" HP L1750 1280x1024

i5-2500k o/c to 4.5 GHz @ 1.375v - Noctua NH-D14 -- Fatal1ty P67 Professional -- 180GB Corsair SSD SATA3 -- 1TB -- 1.5TB -- BR-ROM -- DVDRW

8GB G-Skill RipJawX 1600 MHz 7-8-7-24 o/c to 2133MHz 10-11-10-28 -- Coolermaster HAF 932 Full Tower Case -- Thermaltake Toughpower XT 875W

Logitech Gaming G15 Keyboard & ZBoard FANG -- Logitech G700 Gaming Mouse -- Boogie Bug AimB.Pad XL Gaming Surface

Asus Xonar 7.1 -- Harman Kardon Soundsticks II 2.1 -- Creative Fatal1ty Headset -- Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Posted 12/11/2011 11:48 AM   
[quote name='tribz' date='11 December 2011 - 11:48 AM' timestamp='1323604134' post='1340693']

Switch off.
[/quote]

You're getting ahead of your steps in troubleshooting...

First and foremost, we need a screenshot of your "Device Manager" with Display Adapters expanded....this will let us know if Windows even DETECTS any kind of video card aside from you're on-board video...Once this has been established we can begin troubleshooting. Let me tell you about my experience when installing my GTX 560 TI from a complete re-format.

Originally, after I loaded the OS and installed chip set drivers, I naturally moved onto my video drivers...well, Windows 7, took it upon itself to use basic windows drivers to run my NVIDIA Video Cards. Since my NVIDIA video cards now had drivers attached to them and were present in the system (however incorrect) when I tried loading the NVIDIA driver from CD, it kept giving me the exact same error.."No NVIDIA device present, etc..."...The reason for this was because when driver installation runs it searched for hardware components not already attached to a driver. The windows OS by default skips over hardware that has functioning drivers as to avoid driver conflict. Needless to say after an hour of attempted troubleshooting, I ended up uninstalling both of the video cards that I knew were the GTX 560 TI's, (Windows had them logged as "Generic Display Adapters or something"...then amazingly enough, I ran Windows Update and Windows Update was able to detect better video drivers available, ironically those drivers were the 285.62 from NVIDIA. I let it do it's thing, restarted...and voila...had perfect SLI setup with 285.62 drivers.

It sounds like in your case that your video card is fine and Windows is just not detecting it correctly. Please provide the information previously asked for and we can go from there!

Respectfully,

Albeitspiro
[quote name='tribz' date='11 December 2011 - 11:48 AM' timestamp='1323604134' post='1340693']

Switch off.

First and foremost, we need a screenshot of your "Device Manager" with Display Adapters expanded....this will let us know if Windows even DETECTS any kind of video card aside from you're on-board video...Once this has been established we can begin troubleshooting. Let me tell you about my experience when installing my GTX 560 TI from a complete re-format.

Originally, after I loaded the OS and installed chip set drivers, I naturally moved onto my video drivers...well, Windows 7, took it upon itself to use basic windows drivers to run my NVIDIA Video Cards. Since my NVIDIA video cards now had drivers attached to them and were present in the system (however incorrect) when I tried loading the NVIDIA driver from CD, it kept giving me the exact same error.."No NVIDIA device present, etc..."...The reason for this was because when driver installation runs it searched for hardware components not already attached to a driver. The windows OS by default skips over hardware that has functioning drivers as to avoid driver conflict. Needless to say after an hour of attempted troubleshooting, I ended up uninstalling both of the video cards that I knew were the GTX 560 TI's, (Windows had them logged as "Generic Display Adapters or something"...then amazingly enough, I ran Windows Update and Windows Update was able to detect better video drivers available, ironically those drivers were the 285.62 from NVIDIA. I let it do it's thing, restarted...and voila...had perfect SLI setup with 285.62 drivers.

It sounds like in your case that your video card is fine and Windows is just not detecting it correctly. Please provide the information previously asked for and we can go from there!

Respectfully,

Albeitspiro

"fors favet animus paratus"

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. ~ Shane Falco

Posted 12/11/2011 12:46 PM   
[quote name='albeitspiro' date='11 December 2011 - 12:46 PM' timestamp='1323607578' post='1340711']
[/quote]

Not really, it will take less than 2 mins of his time. OP give it a try and report back.
[quote name='albeitspiro' date='11 December 2011 - 12:46 PM' timestamp='1323607578' post='1340711']

Not really, it will take less than 2 mins of his time. OP give it a try and report back.

Gigabyte GTX580 SOC connected to 28" Viewsonic VX2835wm 1920x1200 -- EVGA GF210 connected to 19" HP L1750 1280x1024

i5-2500k o/c to 4.5 GHz @ 1.375v - Noctua NH-D14 -- Fatal1ty P67 Professional -- 180GB Corsair SSD SATA3 -- 1TB -- 1.5TB -- BR-ROM -- DVDRW

8GB G-Skill RipJawX 1600 MHz 7-8-7-24 o/c to 2133MHz 10-11-10-28 -- Coolermaster HAF 932 Full Tower Case -- Thermaltake Toughpower XT 875W

Logitech Gaming G15 Keyboard & ZBoard FANG -- Logitech G700 Gaming Mouse -- Boogie Bug AimB.Pad XL Gaming Surface

Asus Xonar 7.1 -- Harman Kardon Soundsticks II 2.1 -- Creative Fatal1ty Headset -- Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Posted 12/11/2011 04:09 PM   
Scroll To Top