Setting default GPU
Hey,

I have a GTX 560 Ti in my desktop, but for some reason game FPS is running very low. My suspicion is that games are using the integrated graphics, but I cannot seem to find the setting to make the default processor for graphics my NVIDIA processor.

In the past I've found this setting under 3D settings, Manage 3D settings, then selecting "preferred graphics processor" to the one I want. I still have this setting on my laptop, but not on my desktop.

My current drivers on my desktop are 285.62 - if someone could tell me how to set my default GPU at all times for all applications to my graphics card I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
Hey,

I have a GTX 560 Ti in my desktop, but for some reason game FPS is running very low. My suspicion is that games are using the integrated graphics, but I cannot seem to find the setting to make the default processor for graphics my NVIDIA processor.

In the past I've found this setting under 3D settings, Manage 3D settings, then selecting "preferred graphics processor" to the one I want. I still have this setting on my laptop, but not on my desktop.

My current drivers on my desktop are 285.62 - if someone could tell me how to set my default GPU at all times for all applications to my graphics card I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Posted 12/10/2011 03:55 AM   
If you have the screen plugged into the GTX560Ti, then its set as your default GPU.

There is no '[color=#FFFFFF][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2]preferred graphics processor' option for desktops.[/size][/font][/color]
Then I guess Geforce owes me a refund, because no games are using my GPU at all. Temperatures remain at a constant 32 degrees Celsius while the processor heat jumps all over the place, so I know it's not being used.
Then I guess Geforce owes me a refund, because no games are using my GPU at all. Temperatures remain at a constant 32 degrees Celsius while the processor heat jumps all over the place, so I know it's not being used.

Posted 12/10/2011 06:03 AM   
Scroll To Top