Display Port Functionality
  1 / 20    
Forgive the shortness of this post, as I'm frustrated with asking for help at this point.

Windows 7 64bit.

Samsung S27A750D Monitor.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001474
Inputs are HDMI and Display Port only. HDMI does not support 120hz at 1920x1080, so you must use the Display Port for that.

I initially started with 2 Zotac GTX 560 ti cards in SLI, but could not get a signal to the monitor on Display Port at all. HDMI worked fine at 60 hz. I tried beta 290.36 drivers, the latest WHQL drivers, and the drivers from the manufacturer disk without success. I believed the cards may have been the issue, and I got no responses from Zotac for over a week. I decided to RMA the cards and upgrade.

I changed my video cards to eVGA GTX 570 HD in SLI. I got the same results. I could not get a signal out of the Display Port with the lastest WHQL drivers, the latest beta drivers (290.36), or the drivers from the eVGA disk.

I started to believe my monitor or cable was bad.

I spoke to a friend that uses Display Port on his MacBook. He told me to try much older drivers (265 series or older), because he had the same issue. He stated that since that driver series, no other drivers supported his Display Port. He showed the same issues as me.

The oldest functioning drivers I could find on the Nvidia site were 266.58 series. I downloaded them and tried. It WORKED. I was excited and sad at the same time. I see 1920*1080 at 120hz. There are a few issues though.

First off, I know there have been many improvements in drivers over the last year. Second, my screen is choppy in Windows moving windows around. I did not have that issue before.

What changed in the drivers that made my display port not function?

Can I fix the latest drivers to make my display port function?

Does anyone else have a similar issue/setup?
Forgive the shortness of this post, as I'm frustrated with asking for help at this point.

Windows 7 64bit.

Samsung S27A750D Monitor.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001474

Inputs are HDMI and Display Port only. HDMI does not support 120hz at 1920x1080, so you must use the Display Port for that.

I initially started with 2 Zotac GTX 560 ti cards in SLI, but could not get a signal to the monitor on Display Port at all. HDMI worked fine at 60 hz. I tried beta 290.36 drivers, the latest WHQL drivers, and the drivers from the manufacturer disk without success. I believed the cards may have been the issue, and I got no responses from Zotac for over a week. I decided to RMA the cards and upgrade.

I changed my video cards to eVGA GTX 570 HD in SLI. I got the same results. I could not get a signal out of the Display Port with the lastest WHQL drivers, the latest beta drivers (290.36), or the drivers from the eVGA disk.

I started to believe my monitor or cable was bad.

I spoke to a friend that uses Display Port on his MacBook. He told me to try much older drivers (265 series or older), because he had the same issue. He stated that since that driver series, no other drivers supported his Display Port. He showed the same issues as me.

The oldest functioning drivers I could find on the Nvidia site were 266.58 series. I downloaded them and tried. It WORKED. I was excited and sad at the same time. I see 1920*1080 at 120hz. There are a few issues though.

First off, I know there have been many improvements in drivers over the last year. Second, my screen is choppy in Windows moving windows around. I did not have that issue before.

What changed in the drivers that made my display port not function?

Can I fix the latest drivers to make my display port function?

Does anyone else have a similar issue/setup?

Posted 12/09/2011 10:22 PM   
ManuelG has replied to a post I made on the 290.36 issues thread. I replied again there, but I figured I'd cross reference my post here in the event I can generate more developer interest, or get more specific info. This monitor should be a popular monitor, so I'm assuming more people will have this issue.

[quote name='jonp' date='10 December 2011 - 01:39 AM' timestamp='1323509941' post='1340321']
I just upgraded my driver from the working 266.58 series I was using to this 290.36. As seen before my Samsung S27A70D stopped working. The monitor no longer shows up on the Nvidia control panel.

Monitor/HDTV connectivity/detection issues:

1) Display make and model (if you know the firmware version, please provide this as well)
1A) Samsung S27A70D 27" LED 120hz Monitor (120hz with Display Port, 60hz HDMI, no other connections)

2) How is display connected (HDMI, DVI, VGA, etc.)
2A) Display Port (non functioning)..the monitor does work with HDMI at 60hz

3) If you are using an adapter in between the display and graphics card, please state the type of adapter (ie DisplayPort to HDMI, DVI to VGA, etc.)
3A) No adapters, just the Display Port 1M cable that came with the monitor.

4) Have you tested the other ports on your graphics card?
Yes. HDMI works well, as do the DVI ports

5) Is this problem specific to this driver or did it occur with previous drivers?
Seems to be an issue with multiple drivers. The latest WHQL drivers on the Nvidia site don't function either (285.62).
266.58_desktop_win7_winvista_64bit_english_whql do work with display port.

6) Approximately how long of a cable are you using (does not need to be exact)
4 feet or so.

7) Graphics card make and model
I have tried 4 separate video cards. Initially I had 2x Zotac GTX 560 ti in SLI. I tried both cards as master SLI and both cards individually with both 290.36 and 285.62 with no connection. I am now using 2 x eVGA GTX 570 HD cards.

8) Graphics card video BIOS version
Not sure. Maybe this info will show up in the displaydiag.exe test.

9) If possible, please provide a log file by using the built in Windos displaydiag.exe utility. More than likely you will only be able to do so if you have another monitor you can attach to your PC so that you can see your Windows desktop. Make sure the problematic display is also attached. You will find this utility at:

My Windows 7 does not have a displaydiag.exe utility. It has the dispdiag.exe utility that I ran however. It output a .dat file that may be what you want.

I'm not sure how that will help, since my monitor doesn't even show up in the Nvidia control panel.
[/quote]
ManuelG has replied to a post I made on the 290.36 issues thread. I replied again there, but I figured I'd cross reference my post here in the event I can generate more developer interest, or get more specific info. This monitor should be a popular monitor, so I'm assuming more people will have this issue.

[quote name='jonp' date='10 December 2011 - 01:39 AM' timestamp='1323509941' post='1340321']

I just upgraded my driver from the working 266.58 series I was using to this 290.36. As seen before my Samsung S27A70D stopped working. The monitor no longer shows up on the Nvidia control panel.

Monitor/HDTV connectivity/detection issues:

1) Display make and model (if you know the firmware version, please provide this as well)

1A) Samsung S27A70D 27" LED 120hz Monitor (120hz with Display Port, 60hz HDMI, no other connections)

2) How is display connected (HDMI, DVI, VGA, etc.)

2A) Display Port (non functioning)..the monitor does work with HDMI at 60hz

3) If you are using an adapter in between the display and graphics card, please state the type of adapter (ie DisplayPort to HDMI, DVI to VGA, etc.)

3A) No adapters, just the Display Port 1M cable that came with the monitor.

4) Have you tested the other ports on your graphics card?

Yes. HDMI works well, as do the DVI ports

5) Is this problem specific to this driver or did it occur with previous drivers?

Seems to be an issue with multiple drivers. The latest WHQL drivers on the Nvidia site don't function either (285.62).

266.58_desktop_win7_winvista_64bit_english_whql do work with display port.

6) Approximately how long of a cable are you using (does not need to be exact)

4 feet or so.

7) Graphics card make and model

I have tried 4 separate video cards. Initially I had 2x Zotac GTX 560 ti in SLI. I tried both cards as master SLI and both cards individually with both 290.36 and 285.62 with no connection. I am now using 2 x eVGA GTX 570 HD cards.

8) Graphics card video BIOS version

Not sure. Maybe this info will show up in the displaydiag.exe test.

9) If possible, please provide a log file by using the built in Windos displaydiag.exe utility. More than likely you will only be able to do so if you have another monitor you can attach to your PC so that you can see your Windows desktop. Make sure the problematic display is also attached. You will find this utility at:

My Windows 7 does not have a displaydiag.exe utility. It has the dispdiag.exe utility that I ran however. It output a .dat file that may be what you want.

I'm not sure how that will help, since my monitor doesn't even show up in the Nvidia control panel.

Posted 12/10/2011 09:41 AM   
On the recommendation of an eVGA support email I installed 280.26 drivers.

They also WORK with the display port. I will be using these drivers until the 290's work.
On the recommendation of an eVGA support email I installed 280.26 drivers.

They also WORK with the display port. I will be using these drivers until the 290's work.

Posted 12/10/2011 09:48 AM   
For an update:

The 290.36 drivers and the 290.54 drivers do not show output to this monitor on a displayport.

I have emailed my displaydiag.exe output .dat to the yahoo support email address, but received no response.

In further, I do not see any updates for SWTOR (Star Wars: The Old Republic). As of now, SLI does not function in that game. The only reason I bought 2x GTX 570s to SLI, was for this game. I wanted to use ultra settings and maintain over 120FPS to turn on V-Sync on my 120hz monitor...that won't work with the drivers anyway.

Basically:
Fix the drivers for my monitor/displayport output
Fix the drivers for SWTOR and SLI
For an update:

The 290.36 drivers and the 290.54 drivers do not show output to this monitor on a displayport.

I have emailed my displaydiag.exe output .dat to the yahoo support email address, but received no response.

In further, I do not see any updates for SWTOR (Star Wars: The Old Republic). As of now, SLI does not function in that game. The only reason I bought 2x GTX 570s to SLI, was for this game. I wanted to use ultra settings and maintain over 120FPS to turn on V-Sync on my 120hz monitor...that won't work with the drivers anyway.

Basically:

Fix the drivers for my monitor/displayport output

Fix the drivers for SWTOR and SLI

Posted 12/27/2011 05:28 PM   
I have the same monitor and when I install newer drivers I just get a black screen. I'm currently using 285.66 and they are working, but it would be nice to have that added Skyrim performance.
I have the same monitor and when I install newer drivers I just get a black screen. I'm currently using 285.66 and they are working, but it would be nice to have that added Skyrim performance.

Posted 12/27/2011 07:14 PM   
[quote name='DZ187' date='27 December 2011 - 08:14 PM' timestamp='1325013279' post='1347806']
[/quote]

I also have problems with 290.36 and 290.53.
I cann't get my Apple LED cinema (connected with a converter) to work with SLI enabled anymore.
When I enable SLI I loose the signal.

I certainly would like to get the Skyrim perf...
[quote name='DZ187' date='27 December 2011 - 08:14 PM' timestamp='1325013279' post='1347806']

I also have problems with 290.36 and 290.53.

I cann't get my Apple LED cinema (connected with a converter) to work with SLI enabled anymore.

When I enable SLI I loose the signal.

I certainly would like to get the Skyrim perf...

Posted 12/27/2011 07:48 PM   
Same monitor, same problem. Further complicating the issue is that drivers previous to 290.36 will not install on my system (it's either the 560ti 448 card or the X79 chipset on the MB).

Meaning, I cannot use my new card with my new monitor at 120Hz until NVIDIA fixes this issue. If it doesn't happen before the 7970 release I'll be sending the card back to NewEgg.
Same monitor, same problem. Further complicating the issue is that drivers previous to 290.36 will not install on my system (it's either the 560ti 448 card or the X79 chipset on the MB).

Meaning, I cannot use my new card with my new monitor at 120Hz until NVIDIA fixes this issue. If it doesn't happen before the 7970 release I'll be sending the card back to NewEgg.

Posted 12/29/2011 01:37 AM   
[quote name='luma' date='28 December 2011 - 05:37 PM' timestamp='1325122662' post='1348425']

[/quote]

I already RMA'd one set of video cards when I went from 560ti to 570's. I'm actually seeing NVIDIA kinda help or respond in here, which is more than I can say when I read AMD's forum. I'll stay NVIDIA, but I won't be as satisfied.
[quote name='luma' date='28 December 2011 - 05:37 PM' timestamp='1325122662' post='1348425']

I already RMA'd one set of video cards when I went from 560ti to 570's. I'm actually seeing NVIDIA kinda help or respond in here, which is more than I can say when I read AMD's forum. I'll stay NVIDIA, but I won't be as satisfied.

Posted 12/30/2011 09:32 PM   
Hey every1, im new to the Forums.. i had to post cause this is really getting very annoying.. i have the Samsung S27A750.. mine works well when windows starts, but i cant see BIOS, and i cant see anything till windows loads... this does not happen on ATI cards(tested), is there anything i can do about this issue? or maybe is there gonna be a fix from nvidia? ireally dont want to switch to new cards.. i been sing Nvidia for YEARS!!! please help me out
i forgot to mention i am using 285.62 Driver.. im scared to update lol:)
i really hope all our issues that we have concerning our Samsung Monitors will be fixed.. it really is an amazing Monitor and i dont want to take it back just because Nvidia doesnt want to help us out.. its obviously a Driver issue.. cause it cant be like all nvidia card DP are fail.. or can it ? o.O
Hey every1, im new to the Forums.. i had to post cause this is really getting very annoying.. i have the Samsung S27A750.. mine works well when windows starts, but i cant see BIOS, and i cant see anything till windows loads... this does not happen on ATI cards(tested), is there anything i can do about this issue? or maybe is there gonna be a fix from nvidia? ireally dont want to switch to new cards.. i been sing Nvidia for YEARS!!! please help me out

i really hope all our issues that we have concerning our Samsung Monitors will be fixed.. it really is an amazing Monitor and i dont want to take it back just because Nvidia doesnt want to help us out.. its obviously a Driver issue.. cause it cant be like all nvidia card DP are fail.. or can it ? o.O

Posted 01/06/2012 05:50 AM   
[quote name='Mrpipz' date='05 January 2012 - 09:50 PM' timestamp='1325829059' post='1352251']
[/quote]

This is also another issue that I have I did not mention. It is correct that the monitor does not display until Windows is loaded.

Often times this leads to the monitor being detected late and installed again. Unfortunately this sometimes messes up the focus monitor option for SLI in my 2 monitor system, so my main gaming monitor will no longer be focus monitor until I replug the cable back in.
[quote name='Mrpipz' date='05 January 2012 - 09:50 PM' timestamp='1325829059' post='1352251']

This is also another issue that I have I did not mention. It is correct that the monitor does not display until Windows is loaded.

Often times this leads to the monitor being detected late and installed again. Unfortunately this sometimes messes up the focus monitor option for SLI in my 2 monitor system, so my main gaming monitor will no longer be focus monitor until I replug the cable back in.

Posted 01/06/2012 04:12 PM   
I am sorry. I had noticed you had contacted our support team for assistance and an agent had filed a bug already for this issue but the software team was awaiting the display log file which the agent had not provided. So I gave the development team the log file you sent to me so I hope this can be resolved soon.
I am sorry. I had noticed you had contacted our support team for assistance and an agent had filed a bug already for this issue but the software team was awaiting the display log file which the agent had not provided. So I gave the development team the log file you sent to me so I hope this can be resolved soon.

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 01/09/2012 10:27 PM   
[quote name='ManuelG' date='09 January 2012 - 11:27 PM' timestamp='1326148043' post='1353851']
[/quote]

Yay, that is awesome! Thanks alot Man-G.. Ive started another thread for this problem aswell, im gonna link to this thread - so feel free to close it!
[quote name='ManuelG' date='09 January 2012 - 11:27 PM' timestamp='1326148043' post='1353851']

Yay, that is awesome! Thanks alot Man-G.. Ive started another thread for this problem aswell, im gonna link to this thread - so feel free to close it!

Posted 01/10/2012 09:49 AM   
Same problem here, cannot use displayport anymore.
Used to work fine with older drivers, now 285,62.

Samsung sa950
gtx 580 sli
win 7
Same problem here, cannot use displayport anymore.

Used to work fine with older drivers, now 285,62.

Samsung sa950

gtx 580 sli

win 7

Posted 01/10/2012 10:44 AM   
I'm happy to see this being looked in to. Let me know if we need to send in any other log files or tell you whatever else isn't working for us.
I'm happy to see this being looked in to. Let me know if we need to send in any other log files or tell you whatever else isn't working for us.

Posted 01/10/2012 04:24 PM   
Yes finally! I really hope you will resolve it in the next driver, I get alot of visiuel bugs with the 285.62 driver in BF3 (GTX 570 SLI).

My trust to Nvidia is on it's way back, I was about to ditch em for the new AMD cards.
Yes finally! I really hope you will resolve it in the next driver, I get alot of visiuel bugs with the 285.62 driver in BF3 (GTX 570 SLI).

My trust to Nvidia is on it's way back, I was about to ditch em for the new AMD cards.

Posted 01/12/2012 08:25 AM   
  1 / 20    
Scroll To Top