Heed and Guru3D rig of the month
  1 / 3    
Hey guys,

Just thought i'd make a post about this, and give you guys a head's up. If you weren't already aware, or maybe you noticed that my rig won for November at Guru3D ROTM. I woke up to find this in a package on my bed...

[url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/804/oczg.jpg/"][img]http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/5585/oczg.jpg[/img][/url]

I was expecting a $25 carrier bag or something, but a $200 piece of kit is pretty unbelievable. And to top it off, i never win anything. Anyways, just thought i'd say that Guru3D is really rewarding the time and effort we are putting into our machines, and i know there are people here with rigs much nicer then mine. Don't hesitate to take some pride in your work and submit around guys!

You never know...
Hey guys,

Just thought i'd make a post about this, and give you guys a head's up. If you weren't already aware, or maybe you noticed that my rig won for November at Guru3D ROTM. I woke up to find this in a package on my bed...

I was expecting a $25 carrier bag or something, but a $200 piece of kit is pretty unbelievable. And to top it off, i never win anything. Anyways, just thought i'd say that Guru3D is really rewarding the time and effort we are putting into our machines, and i know there are people here with rigs much nicer then mine. Don't hesitate to take some pride in your work and submit around guys!

You never know...
crazy... I read that whole article yesterday and the ONLY paragraph I skipped was your name and job. As a result I didn't know it was yours! Congrats! Nice rig!
crazy... I read that whole article yesterday and the ONLY paragraph I skipped was your name and job. As a result I didn't know it was yours! Congrats! Nice rig!

AMD Phenom II X6 1100t Thuban BE with Corsair H110 Liquid Cooler(@3.9ghz)
Gigabyte 990FXA-UD516gb
G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1333
3x MSI Geforce GTX 660ti OC edition
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium powering Logitech z-5300e 5.1 THX Surround & Creative Fatal1ty Pro headset
1000w Rosewill Bronze PSU
3x Corsair x256 (256gb*3) SATA II SSD in RAID0 through mobo
Hitachi 500gb 7200rpm
Lian Li Lancool K58 Dragon Lord case
NZXT Sentry-2 Fan Controller
Win7 Home Premium 64-bit
3dmark11 P12226 Ice: 25637 Cloud: 14996 Fire: 9099

Posted 12/02/2011 08:32 PM   
Nice work mate.

Sure is a nice new shiny toy to play with as well !

Nice work mate.

Nice work mate.

Nice work mate.

In Memory Of Chris Arthington "One Cool Cat"

Posted 12/02/2011 09:17 PM   
[quote name='Mourning Star' date='02 December 2011 - 03:32 PM' timestamp='1322857952' post='1336605']
[/quote]

Haha, i actually mentioned Nvidia forums a couple times, but i guess Hilbert edited it out. I also made a lot of typo's that make me look dumb:P

But yea, just wanted to let you guys know that you should definitely submit stuff if you're proud of it. I never thought i'd win.
[quote name='Mourning Star' date='02 December 2011 - 03:32 PM' timestamp='1322857952' post='1336605']

Haha, i actually mentioned Nvidia forums a couple times, but i guess Hilbert edited it out. I also made a lot of typo's that make me look dumb:P

But yea, just wanted to let you guys know that you should definitely submit stuff if you're proud of it. I never thought i'd win.
Just finnished reading the artical. Nice job Heedless and congrats on the prize. Im sure that ssd will serve you well. Dang, wish i could wake up to a sweet shinny such as that. Also great responses to the questions asked. Youve got a sick machine there and a well deserved win.

PS those shots of the rig could win some prizes too. Pretty hard to compete with a rig such as yours and with such flattering images of it too.

Fantastic [img]http://forums.nvidia.com/public/style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif[/img]
Just finnished reading the artical. Nice job Heedless and congrats on the prize. Im sure that ssd will serve you well. Dang, wish i could wake up to a sweet shinny such as that. Also great responses to the questions asked. Youve got a sick machine there and a well deserved win.

PS those shots of the rig could win some prizes too. Pretty hard to compete with a rig such as yours and with such flattering images of it too.

Fantastic Image
Posted 12/03/2011 12:16 AM   
[quote name='cravinmild' date='02 December 2011 - 07:16 PM' timestamp='1322871382' post='1336694']

Fantastic [img]http://forums.nvidia.com/public/style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Thanks Cravin. Hopefully the copious amounts of typo's didn't detract from the article. I probably should have proof-read more...lol. I have actually been trying to get a 240GB+ SSD so i can just have one SSD for all programs and OS' instead of like...4. I was going to get an M4 for like $400+ bucks plus taxes, but getting a Vertex 3 120GB for free allows me to just get another Vertex 3 and Raid them. Saves me like $200. But yea...you should submit yours somewhere man. I bet you could win some sweet stuff.
[quote name='cravinmild' date='02 December 2011 - 07:16 PM' timestamp='1322871382' post='1336694']

Fantastic Image

Thanks Cravin. Hopefully the copious amounts of typo's didn't detract from the article. I probably should have proof-read more...lol. I have actually been trying to get a 240GB+ SSD so i can just have one SSD for all programs and OS' instead of like...4. I was going to get an M4 for like $400+ bucks plus taxes, but getting a Vertex 3 120GB for free allows me to just get another Vertex 3 and Raid them. Saves me like $200. But yea...you should submit yours somewhere man. I bet you could win some sweet stuff.
good job bro xD
good job bro xD

Posted 12/03/2011 02:03 AM   
Kudos to you Heedless One!

I am going to read the article now and JUDGE YOU FOREVER ON YOUR SPELLING! lol

Not really, I am not a stickler for grammatical correctness, and I am sure the weight of your comments far exceeds a few typos, particularly in the age of text messaging.

*edit* Read the article, your rig looks fantastic! truely ROTM worthy.

And I only really noticed one typo and its not that bad. It is amusing they saw their way clear to edit out references to these forums, but not that typo though.
Kudos to you Heedless One!

I am going to read the article now and JUDGE YOU FOREVER ON YOUR SPELLING! lol

Not really, I am not a stickler for grammatical correctness, and I am sure the weight of your comments far exceeds a few typos, particularly in the age of text messaging.

*edit* Read the article, your rig looks fantastic! truely ROTM worthy.

And I only really noticed one typo and its not that bad. It is amusing they saw their way clear to edit out references to these forums, but not that typo though.

CPU: Core i7 930 @ 4.20ghz 1.3v cooled by Antec Kuhler 920

MOBO: Asus P6X58D Premium

GFX: 2x Asus GTX 560Ti Direct CUII @ 900mhz Core 2200mhz Memory

RAM: Corsair CMG6GX3M3A1600C7 6gb 1600mhz 7-7-7-20 2t

PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 850 watt

CASE: Antec 1200

APU: X-fi Titanium Fatality SPEAKERS: Logitech X-530 5.1

HDD: 1x OCZ Agility 3 60gb SSD GAMES 2x Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb in RAID 0

DISPLAY: Acer H243HX 24" @ 1920x1080 Resolution

KEYBOARD: Logitech G19 MOUSE: Logitech G5 WHEEL Logitech G25 JOYSTICK Logitech G940

OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM

Posted 12/03/2011 11:12 AM   
[quote name='Saijan Prince.' date='03 December 2011 - 06:12 AM' timestamp='1322910730' post='1336887']<br />Kudos to you Heedless One!<br /><br />I am going to read the article now and JUDGE YOU FOREVER ON YOUR SPELLING! lol<br /><br />Not really, I am not a stickler for grammatical correctness, and I am sure the weight of your comments far exceeds a few typos, particularly in the age of text messaging.<br /><br />*edit* Read the article, your rig looks fantastic! truely ROTM worthy.<br /><br />And I only really noticed one typo and its not that bad. It is amusing they saw their way clear to edit out references to these forums, but not that typo though.<br />[/quote]<br /><br /><br />

That's the thing...he went through and edited all my references to specific groups and what not, but he didn't correct me when i typo'ed "3970X" instead of "3960X". I was like "thanks...now i look like a tool" lol.
[quote name='Saijan Prince.' date='03 December 2011 - 06:12 AM' timestamp='1322910730' post='1336887']<br />Kudos to you Heedless One!<br /><br />I am going to read the article now and JUDGE YOU FOREVER ON YOUR SPELLING! lol<br /><br />Not really, I am not a stickler for grammatical correctness, and I am sure the weight of your comments far exceeds a few typos, particularly in the age of text messaging.<br /><br />*edit* Read the article, your rig looks fantastic! truely ROTM worthy.<br /><br />And I only really noticed one typo and its not that bad. It is amusing they saw their way clear to edit out references to these forums, but not that typo though.<br /><br /><br /><br />

That's the thing...he went through and edited all my references to specific groups and what not, but he didn't correct me when i typo'ed "3970X" instead of "3960X". I was like "thanks...now i look like a tool" lol.
Congrats dude, a very nicely finished rig!

J

J

Official GeForce Forums Benchmarking Leaderboards
NVIDIA SLI Technology: A Canine's Guide

Corsair Obsidian 350D mATX, Asus Maximus VI GENE Z87 mATX, Intel Core i7-4770k @ 4.40GHz, Corsair H110, Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4GB) @ 2400MHz, 1x OCZ Vertex 4 256GB, 1x WD Scorpio Black 750GB, 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB, EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti Superclock, Enermax 1250W Evolution, Windows 8 64bit.

Logitech G9x, Razer Black Widow Ultimate, Logitech G930, 2x Eizo EV2333W.

Twitter | Steam

Posted 12/05/2011 07:45 AM   
[i]Good work Heedless, you earned it. Your water-cooling experience has definitely increased, it will be all smooth sailing from now on. Congratulations again.[/i] /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

-Hooks
Good work Heedless, you earned it. Your water-cooling experience has definitely increased, it will be all smooth sailing from now on. Congratulations again. /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

-Hooks

QUOTE (The Professor @ Oct 31 2010, 04:59 AM)

*Jeremy Clarkson face*

So we must hand it over to our tame PC tweaker. Some say he sticky tapes a block of uranium to his dinner before eating it and that he sucks moisture out of ducks. All we know is, he's called Hooks.

"Eye of the Storm" Window Mod Tutorial <> "Inside Crysis 2" <> Top Tier Water-Blocks 2011 <> SSD Unlimited Storage Tutorial

Posted 12/05/2011 05:42 PM   
Hey Heed,
Congrats mate, enjoy the new SSD. [img]http://forums.nvidia.com/public/style_emoticons/default/clap.gif[/img]

-Marv
Hey Heed,

Congrats mate, enjoy the new SSD. Image

-Marv

MY RIG

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4H

i5 2500K @ 4.6Ghz
8GB Kingston HyperX 1600mhz
2x Gigabyte GTX670 OC Windforce Version SLI
Corsair H100 Cooler
Corsair HX1050W
Corsair Force Series 3 120GB (OS)
Seagate Barracuda 1TB (Storage, games etc)
X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty
Corsair 600T Graphite - White
3x Samsung Syncmaster 2433BW+ In Surround

Posted 12/06/2011 04:33 AM   
[quote name='jimbonbon' date='05 December 2011 - 02:45 AM' timestamp='1323071138' post='1337756']

J
[/quote]

[quote name='Righthooks' date='05 December 2011 - 12:42 PM' timestamp='1323106959' post='1337939']
[i]Good work Heedless, you earned it. Your water-cooling experience has definitely increased, it will be all smooth sailing from now on. Congratulations again.[/i] /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

-Hooks
[/quote]

[quote name='lv_marv' date='05 December 2011 - 11:33 PM' timestamp='1323145984' post='1338230']
Hey Heed,
Congrats mate, enjoy the new SSD. [img]http://forums.nvidia.com/public/style_emoticons/default/clap.gif[/img]

-Marv
[/quote]

Thanks guys...i posted more to encourage everyone else to submit rather then to get congratulated myself though :P
[quote name='jimbonbon' date='05 December 2011 - 02:45 AM' timestamp='1323071138' post='1337756']

J

[quote name='Righthooks' date='05 December 2011 - 12:42 PM' timestamp='1323106959' post='1337939']

Good work Heedless, you earned it. Your water-cooling experience has definitely increased, it will be all smooth sailing from now on. Congratulations again. /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

-Hooks

[quote name='lv_marv' date='05 December 2011 - 11:33 PM' timestamp='1323145984' post='1338230']

Hey Heed,

Congrats mate, enjoy the new SSD. Image

-Marv

Thanks guys...i posted more to encourage everyone else to submit rather then to get congratulated myself though :P
Ha, my rig is far to generic for that.

MY RIG

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4H

i5 2500K @ 4.6Ghz
8GB Kingston HyperX 1600mhz
2x Gigabyte GTX670 OC Windforce Version SLI
Corsair H100 Cooler
Corsair HX1050W
Corsair Force Series 3 120GB (OS)
Seagate Barracuda 1TB (Storage, games etc)
X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty
Corsair 600T Graphite - White
3x Samsung Syncmaster 2433BW+ In Surround

Posted 12/08/2011 02:05 AM   
[quote name='lv_marv' date='07 December 2011 - 09:05 PM' timestamp='1323309955' post='1339224']
[/quote]

Then drown it in self tanner and spike it's fans with gel and it'll be the most famous comp on the block.

I just sold my most favouritest ram set ever....loved my Mushkin Ridgebacks :P
[quote name='lv_marv' date='07 December 2011 - 09:05 PM' timestamp='1323309955' post='1339224']

Then drown it in self tanner and spike it's fans with gel and it'll be the most famous comp on the block.

I just sold my most favouritest ram set ever....loved my Mushkin Ridgebacks :P
  1 / 3    
Scroll To Top