NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 285.62 stopped responding
  1 / 4    
I have Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti, running Windows 7, driver version 285.62 of the software.

I am getting this error:
"Display driver stopped responding & has recovered"

Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 285.62 stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

This is happening more and more. This never happened until this driver update.

Someone suggested the beta versions 285.79 as a fix and that didn't fix it either. Any suggestions?
I have Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti, running Windows 7, driver version 285.62 of the software.

I am getting this error:

Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 285.62 stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Someone suggested the beta versions 285.79 as a fix and that didn't fix it either. Any suggestions?

Posted 12/02/2011 02:03 PM   
[quote name='Kaeli' date='02 December 2011 - 07:33 PM' timestamp='1322834594' post='1336432']

I am getting this error:

[/quote]

try the beta version driver which is newly released...290.36
[quote name='Kaeli' date='02 December 2011 - 07:33 PM' timestamp='1322834594' post='1336432']

I am getting this error:

Posted 12/02/2011 02:21 PM   
[quote name='gamerclint81' date='02 December 2011 - 04:21 PM' timestamp='1322835688' post='1336438']
[/quote]

Same problem here.The difference between us is that I have GTX 470 gc.
I also opened a thread on my own,anyways op please give me updated about this.!
[quote name='gamerclint81' date='02 December 2011 - 04:21 PM' timestamp='1322835688' post='1336438']

Same problem here.The difference between us is that I have GTX 470 gc.

I also opened a thread on my own,anyways op please give me updated about this.!

Posted 12/03/2011 04:14 PM   
[quote name='Kaeli' date='03 December 2011 - 12:03 AM' timestamp='1322834594' post='1336432']

I am getting this error:

[/quote]

I have an Asus ENGTX560 Ti DCII/2DI/1GD5, please could you be more specific about the make/model of your graphics card. It help others to pin point issues that are the same.

As soon as I bought and installed the GTX 560 Ti card I used first the latest driver 285.62. Same as you I had screen blanks and an error message saying the particular driver Nvidia had recovered.

I uninstall the driver and used the driver supplied on the disc with the card.. 268.25. This worked but when I loaded BF3 game and tried to play it. It didn't like the driver.

I have since yesterday, used the new 290.36 beta driver and updated the PhysX System Software to version 9.11.11.07. Make sure when you update the 290.36 driver you select a custom install and tick the option for a "clean install" too remove any existence of the other driver/drivers you have tried. Good luck I hope this works for you as it has for me "so far". LOL

Sorry but just to be a bit more specific on the symptoms I experienced. When these error massages occurred I was running a TV card and firefox 8.0 using Nvidia version 285.62. I closed firefox and the screen went blank for 10 seconds and of course the Nvidia recovering message popped up.
[quote name='Kaeli' date='03 December 2011 - 12:03 AM' timestamp='1322834594' post='1336432']

I am getting this error:

I have an Asus ENGTX560 Ti DCII/2DI/1GD5, please could you be more specific about the make/model of your graphics card. It help others to pin point issues that are the same.

As soon as I bought and installed the GTX 560 Ti card I used first the latest driver 285.62. Same as you I had screen blanks and an error message saying the particular driver Nvidia had recovered.

I uninstall the driver and used the driver supplied on the disc with the card.. 268.25. This worked but when I loaded BF3 game and tried to play it. It didn't like the driver.

I have since yesterday, used the new 290.36 beta driver and updated the PhysX System Software to version 9.11.11.07. Make sure when you update the 290.36 driver you select a custom install and tick the option for a "clean install" too remove any existence of the other driver/drivers you have tried. Good luck I hope this works for you as it has for me "so far". LOL

Sorry but just to be a bit more specific on the symptoms I experienced. When these error massages occurred I was running a TV card and firefox 8.0 using Nvidia version 285.62. I closed firefox and the screen went blank for 10 seconds and of course the Nvidia recovering message popped up.

Posted 12/03/2011 06:42 PM   
this error has plagued me since assembley of my comp for BF3..

3 months of waiting to play a damn game I already bought...

Intel: i5-2500k

Galaxy: GTX 570

ASUS: Sabertooth P67

Corsair: Vengance 4GB (x2)

Corsair: AX850w PSU Gold

Windows 7 64-bit

"Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version _________ stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

Posted 12/03/2011 11:28 PM   
[quote name='howdy' date='04 December 2011 - 09:28 AM' timestamp='1322954880' post='1337181']

[/quote]
I had BF3 already on my system before I installed the GTX560 card, worked perfectly with an ATI 5770.
Since yesterday I have installed the latest 290.36 Beta and no error messages. With this particular Asus GTX560Ti there was a BIOS update to reduce fan noise, I also flashed the BIOS with this update and it stopped the noise, reduced the rate of temperature hike when playing BF3 and i played the game without one glitch what so ever for at least two missions long before I lost interest.
With the 285.62 driver I was getting at least 1-2 error messages a day. None yesterday nor today. Hopefully the matter is resolved.
[quote name='howdy' date='04 December 2011 - 09:28 AM' timestamp='1322954880' post='1337181']

I had BF3 already on my system before I installed the GTX560 card, worked perfectly with an ATI 5770.

Since yesterday I have installed the latest 290.36 Beta and no error messages. With this particular Asus GTX560Ti there was a BIOS update to reduce fan noise, I also flashed the BIOS with this update and it stopped the noise, reduced the rate of temperature hike when playing BF3 and i played the game without one glitch what so ever for at least two missions long before I lost interest.

With the 285.62 driver I was getting at least 1-2 error messages a day. None yesterday nor today. Hopefully the matter is resolved.

Posted 12/04/2011 01:11 AM   
[quote name='pat5zero' date='04 December 2011 - 11:11 AM' timestamp='1322961077' post='1337210']
[/quote]
That was 4 days without a desktop error. Just got my first error message and blanked screen. I was running Firefox and had my TV card going using DVBviewer to watch a high definition TV satation. When the system glitch occured the speech in the DVBviewer program kept repeating the same sound bit. Very strange. 290.36 seems to be a failure too on my system.

I just searched this error message and got this solution.
THE SOLUTION:

Nvidia Control Panel -> 3D Settings -> Set PhysX configuration -> Select a Physx processor -> choose your graphics card instead of leaving it on auto-select.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/display-driver-nvidia-windows-kernel-mode-driver/46f1f9d0-313a-4182-a56f-1604edf04448
[quote name='pat5zero' date='04 December 2011 - 11:11 AM' timestamp='1322961077' post='1337210']

That was 4 days without a desktop error. Just got my first error message and blanked screen. I was running Firefox and had my TV card going using DVBviewer to watch a high definition TV satation. When the system glitch occured the speech in the DVBviewer program kept repeating the same sound bit. Very strange. 290.36 seems to be a failure too on my system.

THE SOLUTION:

Nvidia Control Panel -> 3D Settings -> Set PhysX configuration -> Select a Physx processor -> choose your graphics card instead of leaving it on auto-select.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/display-driver-nvidia-windows-kernel-mode-driver/46f1f9d0-313a-4182-a56f-1604edf04448

Posted 12/06/2011 11:20 PM   
[quote name='pat5zero' date='06 December 2011 - 11:20 PM' timestamp='1323213650' post='1338597']

THE SOLUTION:

[/quote]

I just setup my new PC today...Dual GTX 560 TI's in SLI mode, running 285.62 and I rocked 3D Mark 2011, and have been able to play BF3 on all High graphics with no issues, not once crash. I recently just installed from fresh, ie: reformat .. I find it hard to believe it's a driver issue with the card as I am having no errors at all, not one...which surprises me because the weeks leading up to this, I was expecting a head ache when I got home with these things.

Respectfully,

Albeitspiro
[quote name='pat5zero' date='06 December 2011 - 11:20 PM' timestamp='1323213650' post='1338597']

THE SOLUTION:

I just setup my new PC today...Dual GTX 560 TI's in SLI mode, running 285.62 and I rocked 3D Mark 2011, and have been able to play BF3 on all High graphics with no issues, not once crash. I recently just installed from fresh, ie: reformat .. I find it hard to believe it's a driver issue with the card as I am having no errors at all, not one...which surprises me because the weeks leading up to this, I was expecting a head ache when I got home with these things.

Respectfully,

Albeitspiro

"fors favet animus paratus"

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. ~ Shane Falco

Posted 12/07/2011 01:29 AM   
I also received this error on an EVGA 560 TI SC with the 285.62 driver. I also rolled back to the previous driver (from October?) and I still received this error.

While playing WoW and I was in-game, my GPU would simply cut out: the screen would read no DVI Signal. I put in my Gigabyte 6670 and was experiencing a similar issue (though it would come back on after 30 seconds) until I dropped down to fair. Then I stopped having the issue. I received advice to get an 80+ Certified as my PSU was 600w, but could only do 27A vs the 30A the GPU requires. So I ordered a new PSU and should get in around Friday. I will update when I install it.

There are many threads regarding similar issues, I would urge you to look at them as well.

[url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=217606"]Link to my thread on the issue[/url]
I also received this error on an EVGA 560 TI SC with the 285.62 driver. I also rolled back to the previous driver (from October?) and I still received this error.

While playing WoW and I was in-game, my GPU would simply cut out: the screen would read no DVI Signal. I put in my Gigabyte 6670 and was experiencing a similar issue (though it would come back on after 30 seconds) until I dropped down to fair. Then I stopped having the issue. I received advice to get an 80+ Certified as my PSU was 600w, but could only do 27A vs the 30A the GPU requires. So I ordered a new PSU and should get in around Friday. I will update when I install it.

There are many threads regarding similar issues, I would urge you to look at them as well.

Link to my thread on the issue

Posted 12/07/2011 01:47 AM   
I only started getting this message after updating my display drivers to this version, I don't like to get too far behind the versions.
I am running a GTX 480 and a GTX 460 separate for 4 monitor display; I have already have tried this:

I set it to the 480, yet I still receive the message. Could it be I am working on a monitor on the 460 and because that settings is set to the 480, that causes the crash?

I have an i7-970; I am going to set that setting to CPU and see how it goes for a few days.
I only started getting this message after updating my display drivers to this version, I don't like to get too far behind the versions.

I am running a GTX 480 and a GTX 460 separate for 4 monitor display; I have already have tried this:

I set it to the 480, yet I still receive the message. Could it be I am working on a monitor on the 460 and because that settings is set to the 480, that causes the crash?

I have an i7-970; I am going to set that setting to CPU and see how it goes for a few days.

Posted 12/07/2011 06:06 PM   
[quote name='pat5zero' date='03 December 2011 - 06:42 PM' timestamp='1322937740' post='1337068']

[/quote]

I also am running the Asus ENGTX560 Ti DCII/2DI/1GD5 using the 285.62 drivers. I've had no in game problems so far including BF3 however i have noticed the "Display Driver Stopped Responding" coming up alot when browsing the net using either firefox or google chrome. It happened constantly the other day when i was on a website running a flash video, this included during the install of flash player at about 50% then 100% then a number of times when the flash video was running - it stopped as soon as i closed the site. It may be coincidence.....

I am now going to install the same beta drivers and see how things go.

Regards.
[quote name='pat5zero' date='03 December 2011 - 06:42 PM' timestamp='1322937740' post='1337068']

I also am running the Asus ENGTX560 Ti DCII/2DI/1GD5 using the 285.62 drivers. I've had no in game problems so far including BF3 however i have noticed the "Display Driver Stopped Responding" coming up alot when browsing the net using either firefox or google chrome. It happened constantly the other day when i was on a website running a flash video, this included during the install of flash player at about 50% then 100% then a number of times when the flash video was running - it stopped as soon as i closed the site. It may be coincidence.....

I am now going to install the same beta drivers and see how things go.

Regards.

Posted 12/08/2011 08:00 PM   
[quote name='Kaeli' date='02 December 2011 - 04:03 PM' timestamp='1322834594' post='1336432']

I am getting this error:

[/quote]

This drivers really SU*KS. I wonder if the standard Microsoft Drivers it's better. In 5 hours I've got a lot of stops.
I don't understand why it's crashing ?
The idea with PhysX setted to the video card doesn't help. Still got lots of problems.

We are waiting a GOOD NEW WORKING DRIVER for Windows7

I've got a GTX 460

[attachment=23726:eroare placa video.png]
[quote name='Kaeli' date='02 December 2011 - 04:03 PM' timestamp='1322834594' post='1336432']

I am getting this error:

This drivers really SU*KS. I wonder if the standard Microsoft Drivers it's better. In 5 hours I've got a lot of stops.

I don't understand why it's crashing ?

The idea with PhysX setted to the video card doesn't help. Still got lots of problems.

We are waiting a GOOD NEW WORKING DRIVER for Windows7

I've got a GTX 460

[attachment=23726:eroare placa video.png]

Posted 01/02/2012 08:04 PM   
kernel driver 290.53 has crashed and recovered is my problem. Latest beta driver doesn't cure it. Tried the PhysX fix of setting the monitor. A google search showed many people think it's a win 7 64 bit problem but I'm running an HP x2301 monitor on Win 7 Ultimate 32 Bit with a 550 Ti GTX. Tried several fixes including showing hidden items in device manager to make sure no old drivers for graphics. Crashes are between 2 seconds and infinity at which point I press the button and reboot. Looks like there's no hope until Nvidia or microsoft can sort it. If anyone has found a fix please let us all know
kernel driver 290.53 has crashed and recovered is my problem. Latest beta driver doesn't cure it. Tried the PhysX fix of setting the monitor. A google search showed many people think it's a win 7 64 bit problem but I'm running an HP x2301 monitor on Win 7 Ultimate 32 Bit with a 550 Ti GTX. Tried several fixes including showing hidden items in device manager to make sure no old drivers for graphics. Crashes are between 2 seconds and infinity at which point I press the button and reboot. Looks like there's no hope until Nvidia or microsoft can sort it. If anyone has found a fix please let us all know

Posted 01/03/2012 01:14 AM   
Yeah, seriously... sometime I can not work for more than 5 minutes at a time with out the screen blacking out, and if I am watching something, I need to start it over, or reboot. I can not get any work done, and NIVIDA and MICROSOFT have been absolutely NO help.

ANYONE who finds a work around, please post it.
Yeah, seriously... sometime I can not work for more than 5 minutes at a time with out the screen blacking out, and if I am watching something, I need to start it over, or reboot. I can not get any work done, and NIVIDA and MICROSOFT have been absolutely NO help.

Posted 01/04/2012 02:25 AM   
[quote name='VigilanceFilms' date='04 January 2012 - 02:25 AM' timestamp='1325643935' post='1351246']

[/quote]

Hi I posted the one above and just yesterday found a fix that is working so far. Right-click on Computer, go to Properties
Device Manager
Expand "Display Adapters", double-click your vidcard
Go over to the Details tab
The menu that can switch between which details to show, change it to "Hardware IDs"
TAKE NOTE OF THE "VEN_####" AND "SUBSYS_########", do NOT close the window
Expand "System devices"
There should be at least one "High Definition Audio Controller"
Find the one with the same "VEN_####" and "SUBSYS_######" as your video card
DISABLE (Not uninstall!) it
Reboot
[quote name='VigilanceFilms' date='04 January 2012 - 02:25 AM' timestamp='1325643935' post='1351246']

Hi I posted the one above and just yesterday found a fix that is working so far. Right-click on Computer, go to Properties

Device Manager

Expand "Display Adapters", double-click your vidcard

Go over to the Details tab

The menu that can switch between which details to show, change it to "Hardware IDs"

TAKE NOTE OF THE "VEN_####" AND "SUBSYS_########", do NOT close the window

Expand "System devices"

There should be at least one "High Definition Audio Controller"

Find the one with the same "VEN_####" and "SUBSYS_######" as your video card

DISABLE (Not uninstall!) it

Reboot

Posted 01/04/2012 09:32 AM   
  1 / 4    
Scroll To Top