Unable to install 290.36 beta drivers
Some of you may think this weird but I don't have a C drive, and because of that I can't install the beta drivers. After I have extracted the contents and run the installation it gets to about half way and then crashes with the error "Could not create folder "C\NVIDIA\ControlPanelInstallerTemp". The system cannot find the path specified."
Shouldn't it just install to my Windows installation drive (Z) by default?

This problem has been solved by Elpin. For anyone else who has this issue, refer to this:

"Voyevoda, if you don't have any other drive occupying the C: letter try to run the command "subst c: z:\" without quotes in the command line. It will create a virtual C: which is a mirror of your system Z driver. Then the installation should work and after you install the drivers you can run "subst c: /d" command to get rid of it the C: letter again. However I agree it's something the drivers shouldn't require."
Some of you may think this weird but I don't have a C drive, and because of that I can't install the beta drivers. After I have extracted the contents and run the installation it gets to about half way and then crashes with the error "Could not create folder "C\NVIDIA\ControlPanelInstallerTemp". The system cannot find the path specified."

Shouldn't it just install to my Windows installation drive (Z) by default?

This problem has been solved by Elpin. For anyone else who has this issue, refer to this:

"Voyevoda, if you don't have any other drive occupying the C: letter try to run the command "subst c: z:\" without quotes in the command line. It will create a virtual C: which is a mirror of your system Z driver. Then the installation should work and after you install the drivers you can run "subst c: /d" command to get rid of it the C: letter again. However I agree it's something the drivers shouldn't require."
Attachments

nvidiaerror.jpg

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H-WB WIFI | Intel Core i7 3770K | Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690 4GB | Corsair Vengeance CML16GX3M2A1600C10 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 | Samsung Syncmaster SA450 x2 | Intel 520 120GB SSD (OS) | WD Black 2TB X2 | WD Blue 500GB | Windows 8 64Bit Pro

Posted 12/02/2011 11:53 AM   
I registered to this forum just to say thank you for this post! I was trying to change a different drive to C: but kept coming across an incorrect parameter error. This was so helpful. I cannot thank you and Elpin enough! Much love and respect.

- Patrick B.

[EDIT]
Drivers installed but once I enabled SLI my screen went black and then I was forced to use a system restore =(. Drivers are bad for my set up.
I registered to this forum just to say thank you for this post! I was trying to change a different drive to C: but kept coming across an incorrect parameter error. This was so helpful. I cannot thank you and Elpin enough! Much love and respect.

- Patrick B.

[EDIT]

Drivers installed but once I enabled SLI my screen went black and then I was forced to use a system restore =(. Drivers are bad for my set up.

Posted 12/06/2011 02:23 AM   
Also registered to say thank you! After hours working on trying to fix this (put a flash drive in C thinking it just needed a temp folder but then the install would just hang at 99%) this solution finally worked.
Also registered to say thank you! After hours working on trying to fix this (put a flash drive in C thinking it just needed a temp folder but then the install would just hang at 99%) this solution finally worked.

Posted 12/22/2011 06:53 PM   
It doesn't work for me :< I try to install ver. 295.73
Please help me. I install my drivers from CD, and screen is rly ****ty ;// When i start instalation process, screen is getting ok but this error is keep coming ;/ What should i do ? To keep my screen ok, i have this instalation and bug window minimalize into my tray. When i click ok on errorwindow screen goes back to horrible looking. I have windows 7 32bit.
Pleaseee help me !
It doesn't work for me :< I try to install ver. 295.73

Please help me. I install my drivers from CD, and screen is rly ****ty ;// When i start instalation process, screen is getting ok but this error is keep coming ;/ What should i do ? To keep my screen ok, i have this instalation and bug window minimalize into my tray. When i click ok on errorwindow screen goes back to horrible looking. I have windows 7 32bit.

Pleaseee help me !

Posted 02/24/2012 12:17 PM   
I got problem unable to install this driver.

I have extract installation file on my "C:" drive,but no idea that couldn't install it.

the issue has spread newest 293.75 ...
I got problem unable to install this driver.

I have extract installation file on my "C:" drive,but no idea that couldn't install it.

the issue has spread newest 293.75 ...

Galaxy GTX 560 Ti Slim

Intel 2500k 4GHz, ASUS P8-Z68-M Pro, A-data 4GB DDR3 1666 , Seagate 500GB

LG Flatron E2250

Windows XP SP3 (T.Chinese)

On Board Realtek HD Sound

Posted 02/24/2012 12:56 PM   
Scroll To Top