SLI for Star Wars The Old Republic SLI Profile Please !!
Hey all,

Can we please get an SLI profile for Star Wars The Old Republic in time for the release on 12/20/2011??? When they release the game with the ability to change the amount of AA we are going to need all the GPU power we can get.....

Thanks.
Hey all,

Can we please get an SLI profile for Star Wars The Old Republic in time for the release on 12/20/2011??? When they release the game with the ability to change the amount of AA we are going to need all the GPU power we can get.....

Thanks.

Core i7 2600K Oc'ed to 4.5

Antec Khuler 920

8 gigs Corsair Vengence Ram

GTX 580SC x2 in SLI (stock clocks)

Coolermaster HAF X case with GPU cooling shroud (120mm fan)

Soundblaster Fatality X-Fi Titanium

EVGA Z68 FTW

WD 500 gig HD

Corsair AX1200 PSU

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Samsung 1080p 23" LED monitor

Posted 11/28/2011 07:25 PM   
I 2nd this.
I 2nd this.

Posted 12/03/2011 02:02 AM   
I would like one myself as im running older gtx 280 cards I know I setup global and it scaled a little bit. But an offical one would probbaly let me hit max settings.
I would like one myself as im running older gtx 280 cards I know I setup global and it scaled a little bit. But an offical one would probbaly let me hit max settings.

Posted 12/06/2011 04:31 AM   
There is already an SLI Profile for this Game in the 290.36 Beta Driver?

Posted 12/06/2011 10:20 PM   
[quote name='Blaire' date='06 December 2011 - 06:20 PM' timestamp='1323210008' post='1338574']
[/quote]

I was unaware that they had an SLI profile. However, I did not install the latest 290 beta drivers, but I did not see the profile update in the notes....
[quote name='Blaire' date='06 December 2011 - 06:20 PM' timestamp='1323210008' post='1338574']

I was unaware that they had an SLI profile. However, I did not install the latest 290 beta drivers, but I did not see the profile update in the notes....

Core i7 2600K Oc'ed to 4.5

Antec Khuler 920

8 gigs Corsair Vengence Ram

GTX 580SC x2 in SLI (stock clocks)

Coolermaster HAF X case with GPU cooling shroud (120mm fan)

Soundblaster Fatality X-Fi Titanium

EVGA Z68 FTW

WD 500 gig HD

Corsair AX1200 PSU

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Samsung 1080p 23" LED monitor

Posted 12/07/2011 03:33 PM   
[quote name='Shecky81' date='07 December 2011 - 07:33 AM' timestamp='1323271984' post='1338874']
[/quote]

Its in the latest beta driver, if it works will just have to see as the last few games have had terrible sli support.
[quote name='Shecky81' date='07 December 2011 - 07:33 AM' timestamp='1323271984' post='1338874']

Its in the latest beta driver, if it works will just have to see as the last few games have had terrible sli support.
Attachments

sw.png

Posted 12/13/2011 11:29 AM   
Yes the profile does exist in the beta drivers. The problem is that the profile is looking for "swtor.exe" but the program that launches swtor is called "launcher.exe". So to get it working you need to add launcher to the swtor profile using nvidia inspector, and also remove "wrc 2011" profile, since that profile is using "launcher.exe"

Hope that helps :)
Yes the profile does exist in the beta drivers. The problem is that the profile is looking for "swtor.exe" but the program that launches swtor is called "launcher.exe". So to get it working you need to add launcher to the swtor profile using nvidia inspector, and also remove "wrc 2011" profile, since that profile is using "launcher.exe"

Hope that helps :)

Posted 12/23/2011 08:54 AM   
How do you delete the WRC 2011 profile? Whenever i load it in Inspector and try to "delete current profile" the application hangs indefinitely.
How do you delete the WRC 2011 profile? Whenever i load it in Inspector and try to "delete current profile" the application hangs indefinitely.

I7 2600k @ 3.8 ghz

2x 4GB DDR 1600

2x EVGA GTX 460 in SLI

120GB OCZ Vertex 2

Posted 12/24/2011 05:17 AM   
[quote name='Caxus' date='24 December 2011 - 07:17 AM' timestamp='1324703877' post='1346643']
[/quote]

Hi

What you can do is export your profiles, with profile exporter, delete the lines for wrc 2011. and import it again. should solv your problem.

Regards
[quote name='Caxus' date='24 December 2011 - 07:17 AM' timestamp='1324703877' post='1346643']

Hi

What you can do is export your profiles, with profile exporter, delete the lines for wrc 2011. and import it again. should solv your problem.

Regards

Posted 12/24/2011 04:43 PM   
I've done as above the inspector did not hang for me and now swtor launches with the correct sli profile. The game is smoother but there are times when it drops below 60fps. My sli usage on each card has never gone over about 50-55%. Is this normal for this game so far? I'm running 2x480s in 16/16 pci-e lanes with a core i7 overclocked to 4ghz so I should be able to get my gpus to 100% usage like in my other games.
I've done as above the inspector did not hang for me and now swtor launches with the correct sli profile. The game is smoother but there are times when it drops below 60fps. My sli usage on each card has never gone over about 50-55%. Is this normal for this game so far? I'm running 2x480s in 16/16 pci-e lanes with a core i7 overclocked to 4ghz so I should be able to get my gpus to 100% usage like in my other games.

Posted 12/26/2011 08:58 PM   
bemaniac, I have almost the identical setup as you have and yes, having SWTOR dip below 60fps is "normal", for now. It's an infamous problem with the game engine and is supposedly going to be fixed in some future patch. The main problems with framerates occur whenever you're indoors.

It's silly because the game's graphics are so comparatively simple, like WoW.
bemaniac, I have almost the identical setup as you have and yes, having SWTOR dip below 60fps is "normal", for now. It's an infamous problem with the game engine and is supposedly going to be fixed in some future patch. The main problems with framerates occur whenever you're indoors.

It's silly because the game's graphics are so comparatively simple, like WoW.

Posted 12/31/2011 04:03 AM   
I am also having issues getting SLI to run properly with Star Wars: The Old Republic.

When the game starts, GPU0 goes to around 45%
GPU1 goes to 99% and stays pegged, even on logon screen.

My framerate suffers as well. I get better framerates using a single card in non-sli than I do using the default or SLI profile mentioned in this thread. On a fluke after removing/reloading nvidia and lucidlogix drivers, I was able to get the game to start and the two GPUs had equal processor utilization. My framerate was 110+ and was perfect. I closed the game, restarted it, and now the issue persists again. No amount of removing/reloading is helping the issue.

I had SLI working properly at the beginning, and then had to replace my asus motherboard. After replacing it, windows had to reactivate and reinstall a bunch of drivers, and now I have had nothing but trouble. Of course, this all also occured the day after a patch so it could have been that as well. Either way, this issue will not go away for me. I have tried using reference drivers, beta drivers, latest WHQL release, older 270xx series drivers -- makes no difference.

It seems like perhaps an issue with SWTOR itself, but I can't figure out why it would work great at first and then now issues abound.

System is:
Core i5 2500k
16GB RAM DDR3-1600
120gb SSD Hard Drive
2x GTX 460 - SLI
Asus P8Z68V/gen3 motherboard
I am also having issues getting SLI to run properly with Star Wars: The Old Republic.

When the game starts, GPU0 goes to around 45%

GPU1 goes to 99% and stays pegged, even on logon screen.

My framerate suffers as well. I get better framerates using a single card in non-sli than I do using the default or SLI profile mentioned in this thread. On a fluke after removing/reloading nvidia and lucidlogix drivers, I was able to get the game to start and the two GPUs had equal processor utilization. My framerate was 110+ and was perfect. I closed the game, restarted it, and now the issue persists again. No amount of removing/reloading is helping the issue.

I had SLI working properly at the beginning, and then had to replace my asus motherboard. After replacing it, windows had to reactivate and reinstall a bunch of drivers, and now I have had nothing but trouble. Of course, this all also occured the day after a patch so it could have been that as well. Either way, this issue will not go away for me. I have tried using reference drivers, beta drivers, latest WHQL release, older 270xx series drivers -- makes no difference.

It seems like perhaps an issue with SWTOR itself, but I can't figure out why it would work great at first and then now issues abound.

System is:

Core i5 2500k

16GB RAM DDR3-1600

120gb SSD Hard Drive

2x GTX 460 - SLI

Asus P8Z68V/gen3 motherboard

Posted 02/08/2012 07:54 PM   
Hopefully this is helpful to everyone, :)

If you're having issues getting the SLI to show up or working you might wanna try this.

1) First you need to 1st download Nvidia Inspector (At the time of this post I was using NVIDIA Inspector 1.9.5.9)
2) Run Inspector and click on the edit button to the right of the Driver Versions display
3) At the top of the Profile Settings Window will be a Export button, Select Export all profiles (NVIDIA Text Only) and save the file.
4) Edit the Text file you just saved, search for "swtor"
5) you should see this line

Executable "swtor.exe"

change it to

Executable "swtor.exe" Launcher="Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.exe"

6) Save the file and then click the Import button in the Profile Settings Window and select Import all profiles (NVIDIA Text Only)
7) Check your SLI profile now, WRC 2011 should now be replaced with Star Wars: The Old Republic.
Hopefully this is helpful to everyone, :)

If you're having issues getting the SLI to show up or working you might wanna try this.

1) First you need to 1st download Nvidia Inspector (At the time of this post I was using NVIDIA Inspector 1.9.5.9)

2) Run Inspector and click on the edit button to the right of the Driver Versions display

3) At the top of the Profile Settings Window will be a Export button, Select Export all profiles (NVIDIA Text Only) and save the file.

4) Edit the Text file you just saved, search for "swtor"

5) you should see this line

Executable "swtor.exe"

change it to

Executable "swtor.exe" Launcher="Star Wars - The Old Republic/launcher.exe"

6) Save the file and then click the Import button in the Profile Settings Window and select Import all profiles (NVIDIA Text Only)

7) Check your SLI profile now, WRC 2011 should now be replaced with Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Posted 02/25/2012 11:15 AM   
Scroll To Top