Surround Issue All three blank - at my wit's end!
Hello all,
New to the forum - having the same issue as everyone else it seems with all three monitors going blank when turning on Surround. I have scoured the forums and found nothing to work yet so hoping someone has an idea as to what I am doing wrong.

Specs:
MSI 560 Ti OC x2 in SLI (PCIe 2.0)
Dell ST2410
Samsung E2420L
Viewsonic VA2431

All three monitors are 1920x1080, all three are the same refresh rate at 59Hz, and the H/V sync polarity is +/+ for all three. All are connected via DVI and I have tried every possible combination of connecting them just to make sure. I also have plugged into my Dell monitor an HDMI that goes to the motherboard so I can switch back to it when the Surround fails. Once I configure, the wizard shows a green check next to all three monitors (regardless of config) but once applied, the three screens go black and go to sleep like they are not receiving a signal at all. Switching back to the HDMI shows that everything appears to be working - looking in the nVidia control panel shows a combined resolution and allows for config.

I have the latest driver (at least I think so as I just added this card and monitor) at 285.62. Tried updating the mobo as well just for kicks as well as the BIOS just to get everything up to date.

Any ideas? Im fresh out.

Thanks all.

J

***PROBLEM SOLVED*** EDIT - Not sure the appropriate way to close thread but solved the problem and hope it can help anyone else. After trying 4-5 intelligent things, it of course turned out to be something I should have looked at from the very start. I had a 3-SLI board with two video cards. Turns out the mobo wants you to use two specific ports for 2SLI. I had initially not looked into it as the only space I had was the incorrect PCIe slot. Moved some hard drives, put the two cards in the correct slots via the manual instructions and turned off on board video and it works great now. Thanks for the responses and the help.

J

[media]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/831/img20111127201618.jpg/[/media]
Hello all,

New to the forum - having the same issue as everyone else it seems with all three monitors going blank when turning on Surround. I have scoured the forums and found nothing to work yet so hoping someone has an idea as to what I am doing wrong.

Specs:

MSI 560 Ti OC x2 in SLI (PCIe 2.0)

Dell ST2410

Samsung E2420L

Viewsonic VA2431

All three monitors are 1920x1080, all three are the same refresh rate at 59Hz, and the H/V sync polarity is +/+ for all three. All are connected via DVI and I have tried every possible combination of connecting them just to make sure. I also have plugged into my Dell monitor an HDMI that goes to the motherboard so I can switch back to it when the Surround fails. Once I configure, the wizard shows a green check next to all three monitors (regardless of config) but once applied, the three screens go black and go to sleep like they are not receiving a signal at all. Switching back to the HDMI shows that everything appears to be working - looking in the nVidia control panel shows a combined resolution and allows for config.

I have the latest driver (at least I think so as I just added this card and monitor) at 285.62. Tried updating the mobo as well just for kicks as well as the BIOS just to get everything up to date.

Any ideas? Im fresh out.

Thanks all.

J

***PROBLEM SOLVED*** EDIT - Not sure the appropriate way to close thread but solved the problem and hope it can help anyone else. After trying 4-5 intelligent things, it of course turned out to be something I should have looked at from the very start. I had a 3-SLI board with two video cards. Turns out the mobo wants you to use two specific ports for 2SLI. I had initially not looked into it as the only space I had was the incorrect PCIe slot. Moved some hard drives, put the two cards in the correct slots via the manual instructions and turned off on board video and it works great now. Thanks for the responses and the help.

J

[media]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/831/img20111127201618.jpg/[/media]

Posted 11/27/2011 06:31 PM   
I had this issue with SLI 295. Go to the windows resolution and set it there. Mine would not set correctly in the Nvidia panel, but would at the windows one.
I had this issue with SLI 295. Go to the windows resolution and set it there. Mine would not set correctly in the Nvidia panel, but would at the windows one.

Posted 11/27/2011 07:30 PM   
[quote name='N-Fenix' date='27 November 2011 - 07:30 PM' timestamp='1322422246' post='1333574']
[/quote]
But I can't set the nVidia Surround in windows. I have no problem setting up the multiple monitors and getting all of them to display in the proper order - but the Surround (i.e. having a video game pan out across all three monitors) does not seem to want to work.

Is there some way to make this happen through Windows that I do not know about?

J
[quote name='N-Fenix' date='27 November 2011 - 07:30 PM' timestamp='1322422246' post='1333574']

But I can't set the nVidia Surround in windows. I have no problem setting up the multiple monitors and getting all of them to display in the proper order - but the Surround (i.e. having a video game pan out across all three monitors) does not seem to want to work.

Is there some way to make this happen through Windows that I do not know about?

J

Posted 11/27/2011 07:37 PM   
I'd say test surround on the 275.33 driver. nVidia stated a while ago that the 28x series were more "strict" with how they allowed 2D surround to function. Until the latest release driver I was stuck using 275.33 to get surround. For the current release I still had to hack my monitor's EDID to get surround working.
I'd say test surround on the 275.33 driver. nVidia stated a while ago that the 28x series were more "strict" with how they allowed 2D surround to function. Until the latest release driver I was stuck using 275.33 to get surround. For the current release I still had to hack my monitor's EDID to get surround working.

Posted 11/27/2011 08:11 PM   
[quote name='DarronS' date='27 November 2011 - 08:11 PM' timestamp='1322424703' post='1333585']
[/quote]
Yea, thank you...I actually did just try that over the past hour and it didnt seem to work either. Its the same issue - no monitors go on. Is there a good source on the interwebs for hacking an EDID? Saw a few people with this solution but have never done that one myself.

Thanks for the responses.

J
[quote name='DarronS' date='27 November 2011 - 08:11 PM' timestamp='1322424703' post='1333585']

Yea, thank you...I actually did just try that over the past hour and it didnt seem to work either. Its the same issue - no monitors go on. Is there a good source on the interwebs for hacking an EDID? Saw a few people with this solution but have never done that one myself.

J

Posted 11/27/2011 08:30 PM   
[quote name='LXGd3k0y' date='27 November 2011 - 08:30 PM' timestamp='1322425829' post='1333589']

J
[/quote]

Same as above, just wanted to put it at end of thread so it wasnt missed in case it can help anyone else.
[quote name='LXGd3k0y' date='27 November 2011 - 08:30 PM' timestamp='1322425829' post='1333589']

J

Same as above, just wanted to put it at end of thread so it wasnt missed in case it can help anyone else.

Posted 11/28/2011 01:40 AM   
I understand the *new* requirements and restrictions to handle 3 monitor Surround 2D or 3D, same polarity, blah, blah, blah.
What I don't understand is:

1. IT used to work perfectly before I updated my drivers! Same 3 non-equal monitors! Why would it be restricted and stop working with the *new* and "better" drivers?

2. It does not tell me that my 3 monitors are fail, and not work at all, NO! It works, but in the WRONG resolution: 3xxx/1024? 4xxx/900? Why would I want to play like this when my characters look like midgets in an oddly expanded universe?

Anyways, thanks for the drivers tip, I will try to find and test the old drivers to see if I get 2D Surround working again for me.
I understand the *new* requirements and restrictions to handle 3 monitor Surround 2D or 3D, same polarity, blah, blah, blah.

What I don't understand is:

1. IT used to work perfectly before I updated my drivers! Same 3 non-equal monitors! Why would it be restricted and stop working with the *new* and "better" drivers?

2. It does not tell me that my 3 monitors are fail, and not work at all, NO! It works, but in the WRONG resolution: 3xxx/1024? 4xxx/900? Why would I want to play like this when my characters look like midgets in an oddly expanded universe?

Anyways, thanks for the drivers tip, I will try to find and test the old drivers to see if I get 2D Surround working again for me.

Posted 04/20/2012 05:55 PM   
Scroll To Top