Nvidia Geforce G210M for Windows 7 for Asus UL50VT Can't find or install the right driver
Hi all,

I've tried to find the answer to my predicament over the net for the past 2-3 days including this forum, but either I'm too dumb to query or something - still don't know what's wrong.

I have an Asus notebook model UL50VT, and it's supposed to have an Nvidia GeForce G210M. Previously I made the PC run XP Pro and all was kinda fine. I just wiped the PC and reinstalled Windows 7 as the OS - the original Asus reinstall CDs were all for Win 7.

Everything is fine except for the GeForce G210M - the device manager indicated it's not working properly cause the driver was corrupted or something error 39.

I've tried to find, download and install 5-8 different drivers which supposedly suit the G210M, but each one said either the driver didn't suit the hardware, or, the hardware couldn't be found, or, driver couldn't be installed.

The PC runs ok right now, except that the graphics is via the standby VGA component which:
1. gives very basic control over the display settings and the resolution is not the best, and
2. I can't extend the display to an external monitor at all. There's a button (Fn+F8) where I should be able to toggle the display between my notebook screen and the external monitor, but it only ever gets the notebook.

When I connect the external monitor and restart, it's not even recognized or discovered.

I would appreciate if any of you NVidia sages out here can help me. Thank you.

rgds,
Keluangus
Hi all,

I've tried to find the answer to my predicament over the net for the past 2-3 days including this forum, but either I'm too dumb to query or something - still don't know what's wrong.

I have an Asus notebook model UL50VT, and it's supposed to have an Nvidia GeForce G210M. Previously I made the PC run XP Pro and all was kinda fine. I just wiped the PC and reinstalled Windows 7 as the OS - the original Asus reinstall CDs were all for Win 7.

Everything is fine except for the GeForce G210M - the device manager indicated it's not working properly cause the driver was corrupted or something error 39.

I've tried to find, download and install 5-8 different drivers which supposedly suit the G210M, but each one said either the driver didn't suit the hardware, or, the hardware couldn't be found, or, driver couldn't be installed.

The PC runs ok right now, except that the graphics is via the standby VGA component which:

1. gives very basic control over the display settings and the resolution is not the best, and

2. I can't extend the display to an external monitor at all. There's a button (Fn+F8) where I should be able to toggle the display between my notebook screen and the external monitor, but it only ever gets the notebook.

When I connect the external monitor and restart, it's not even recognized or discovered.

I would appreciate if any of you NVidia sages out here can help me. Thank you.

rgds,

Keluangus

Posted 11/27/2011 05:59 AM   
If youve done a complete reinstall to the original setup / OS using the provided CD's (thought it should have had a restore partition) and it comes up that the 210m is not installing properly, that genenrally means youve lost the 3D portion of the chip. As the CDs are supposed to contain the ORIGINAL drivers that worked.

[url=http://usa.asus.com/Notebooks/Superior_Mobility/UL50Vt/#download] Asus UL50VT [/url] download section.

Also... [url=http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-win7-winvista-266.58-whql-driver.html] Win7 32 [/url] or [url=http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-win7-winvista-64bit-266.58-whql-driver.html] Win7 64 [/url] you might give one of these try.

If you made any modification. changed memory, HD, have USB items plugged in, I would remove them to make sure its not a hardware fault. Reset the CMOS back to default. Last thing I would attempt is to open the unit and remove the cmos battery.
If youve done a complete reinstall to the original setup / OS using the provided CD's (thought it should have had a restore partition) and it comes up that the 210m is not installing properly, that genenrally means youve lost the 3D portion of the chip. As the CDs are supposed to contain the ORIGINAL drivers that worked.

Asus UL50VT download section.

Also... Win7 32 or Win7 64 you might give one of these try.

If you made any modification. changed memory, HD, have USB items plugged in, I would remove them to make sure its not a hardware fault. Reset the CMOS back to default. Last thing I would attempt is to open the unit and remove the cmos battery.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

Posted 11/27/2011 02:39 PM   
Now I have had the same issue but the start of the problems is a little different. I had to wipe my hard drive and then used a boot disk for win7 x64 to reinstall windows. Once I did that I had they same problems, lack of resolution options, unable to connect external, and (biggest thing with this laptop)unable to run Minecraft. Every driver I have downloaded and tried to install has given me the same error: No compatible hardware can be found. Minecraft gives me an error about not being able to run in an advance opengl state, which I have tried to find software for as well to no success. I bought this computer as a refurb from best buy so I dont know about the warranty on it. Also I am in South Korea so I cannot find English tech supprt at this time. If anyone has anymore ideas links to drivers it would be great.

As a side note the drivers I have attempted to install are as follows:
Now I have had the same issue but the start of the problems is a little different. I had to wipe my hard drive and then used a boot disk for win7 x64 to reinstall windows. Once I did that I had they same problems, lack of resolution options, unable to connect external, and (biggest thing with this laptop)unable to run Minecraft. Every driver I have downloaded and tried to install has given me the same error: No compatible hardware can be found. Minecraft gives me an error about not being able to run in an advance opengl state, which I have tried to find software for as well to no success. I bought this computer as a refurb from best buy so I dont know about the warranty on it. Also I am in South Korea so I cannot find English tech supprt at this time. If anyone has anymore ideas links to drivers it would be great.

As a side note the drivers I have attempted to install are as follows:

Posted 04/25/2012 11:55 AM   
Is it the same Laptop?

Did you check the drivers from the ASUS website I linked?

Did you try the VGA Patch?

Generally people do a Reinstall when there is a major issue that they cannot track down that is causing the computer to not function correctly...Why did you do this to yours? As when the 3D chip fails the OS has loaded drivers that it cannot use properly but tried and causes issues.

Is it the same Laptop?

Did you check the drivers from the ASUS website I linked?

Did you try the VGA Patch?

Generally people do a Reinstall when there is a major issue that they cannot track down that is causing the computer to not function correctly...Why did you do this to yours? As when the 3D chip fails the OS has loaded drivers that it cannot use properly but tried and causes issues.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

Posted 04/25/2012 12:52 PM   
Yes I believe it is the same laptop. UL50VT intel core 2 duo geforce g210m 512mB

I did check the drivers form the site as well as get any utilities I may have needed.

The Vga patch did not help with the video card problem.

I did the reinstall because my HDD crashed. I tried the repair functions of the win7 disk I had, I tried using the restore and read options of a killdisk I have. After the killdisk I tried to reinstall win7 from the disk and it would not work. I even tried to format the HDD with the boot disk to no avail. Final option was to use the wipe function on the boot disk and reinstall from a blank hdd. I have attempted to find drivers based off my video card's Hardware ID trying both x32 and x64. Most drivers I find give me the error " No compatible hardware Found" or that its not the right version for my OS. The latter was me hoping to get lucky with some other driver.

My list of attempted drivers is now:
Yes I believe it is the same laptop. UL50VT intel core 2 duo geforce g210m 512mB

I did check the drivers form the site as well as get any utilities I may have needed.

The Vga patch did not help with the video card problem.

I did the reinstall because my HDD crashed. I tried the repair functions of the win7 disk I had, I tried using the restore and read options of a killdisk I have. After the killdisk I tried to reinstall win7 from the disk and it would not work. I even tried to format the HDD with the boot disk to no avail. Final option was to use the wipe function on the boot disk and reinstall from a blank hdd. I have attempted to find drivers based off my video card's Hardware ID trying both x32 and x64. Most drivers I find give me the error " No compatible hardware Found" or that its not the right version for my OS. The latter was me hoping to get lucky with some other driver.

My list of attempted drivers is now:

Posted 04/27/2012 08:36 AM   
Please disregard my last post. I have fixed the problem using a modified .inf file for the driver that bypassed the compatibility check. Driver is installed and working.

Link to Driver and .inf file is such: [url="http://blog.komeil.com/2010/04/nvidia-driver-windows-7-notebook-laptop.html"]NVWI.INF[/url]
Please disregard my last post. I have fixed the problem using a modified .inf file for the driver that bypassed the compatibility check. Driver is installed and working.

Link to Driver and .inf file is such: NVWI.INF

Posted 04/27/2012 08:56 AM   
Woot.

Glad you got it working.
Woot.

Glad you got it working.

Posted 04/27/2012 12:44 PM   
I have the same issue, just like Hiresin described. But I don't understand how to solve it. Please, help me
I have the same issue, just like Hiresin described. But I don't understand how to solve it. Please, help me

Posted 06/13/2013 07:21 PM   
Basically his last post links to an INF file. That link is essentially dead. Go back to the manufacturers website and download the driver they have listed on their site.
Basically his last post links to an INF file. That link is essentially dead.

Go back to the manufacturers website and download the driver they have listed on their site.

Posted 06/14/2013 01:02 AM   
Ok what I found when I had a similar problem is to go to the basic asus website and to get their update which can be found here http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=UL50VT&os=30 hit vga find the driver you want and download. It will give you a basic driver to run off of and you might be able to find small archives within some third party website(but watch out there are viruses) and work from there,I heard on some forum that the intergrated cards aren't compatable anymore, which is scaring me already...
Ok what I found when I had a similar problem is to go to the basic asus website and to get their update which can be found here http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=UL50VT&os=30 hit vga find the driver you want and download. It will give you a basic driver to run off of and you might be able to find small archives within some third party website(but watch out there are viruses) and work from there,I heard on some forum that the intergrated cards aren't compatable anymore, which is scaring me already...

Posted 01/28/2014 01:54 AM   
[quote="Greybear"][url=http://www.service.asus.com/#!downloads/c1wax] Asus UL50VT [/url] download section. Also... [url=http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-win7-winvista-266.58-whql-driver.html] Win7 32 [/url] or [url=http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-win7-winvista-64bit-266.58-whql-driver.html] Win7 64 [/url] you might give one of these try.[/quote] Fixed the ASUS link within the quote.
Greybear said: Asus UL50VT download section.

Also... Win7 32 or Win7 64 you might give one of these try.

Fixed the ASUS link within the quote.

Posted 01/28/2014 02:14 AM   
Fixed this link try it out http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.komeil.com/blog/nvidia-driver-windows-7-laptop-modded-inf
Fixed this link try it out
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.komeil.com/blog/nvidia-driver-windows-7-laptop-modded-inf

Posted 02/11/2014 05:20 PM   
Scroll To Top