Skyrim broken textures and frequent crash to desktop fix!
Hey all, thought you should know about an issue I had just in case you run into it.

When I first started playing Skyrim on release day I had an issue where certain textures on cave walls and UPC's armor was appearing solid pink like the texture failed to load. I then found out the game is limited to 2GB of RAM usage and this causes issues with some systems. Luckily for us, the community is doing work for us. There is a fix you can do to the exe to allow the game to use more than 2GB's of Ram which can be found detailed here: http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1285418-new-laa-4gb-launcher/

This guy just saved my Thanksgiving break! Between HaYDeN's triple-wide fix and Wench's LAA fix I have the game I expected from Bethesda (apart from some minor issues that will probably be ironed out in the next official patch).

Hope this helps someone.
Hey all, thought you should know about an issue I had just in case you run into it.

When I first started playing Skyrim on release day I had an issue where certain textures on cave walls and UPC's armor was appearing solid pink like the texture failed to load. I then found out the game is limited to 2GB of RAM usage and this causes issues with some systems. Luckily for us, the community is doing work for us. There is a fix you can do to the exe to allow the game to use more than 2GB's of Ram which can be found detailed here: http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1285418-new-laa-4gb-launcher/

This guy just saved my Thanksgiving break! Between HaYDeN's triple-wide fix and Wench's LAA fix I have the game I expected from Bethesda (apart from some minor issues that will probably be ironed out in the next official patch).

Hope this helps someone.

ASUS VG278H - i5 2500k @3.7 GHz - EVGA GeForce Titan SC Edition - 16GB Corsair Vengeance PC 1600 RAM - 500 GB WD Velociraptor - Win 7 64-bit Pro

Posted 11/23/2011 01:35 AM   
Gotta love it when the community fixes games and finds workarounds to problematic video drivers for the companies that are supposed to be doing that...

I'd love to see skyrim in action but I have never played an MMO in my life and really don't see myself ever playing one. It would be cool to see it if a friend had a copy though but I am not going to buy it myself.
Gotta love it when the community fixes games and finds workarounds to problematic video drivers for the companies that are supposed to be doing that...

I'd love to see skyrim in action but I have never played an MMO in my life and really don't see myself ever playing one. It would be cool to see it if a friend had a copy though but I am not going to buy it myself.

Asus P8P67 Pro | i7 2600K @ 4.6GHz | 8 GB DDR3 1866 | Nvidia GTX760 SLI | Samsung 840 500GB SSD and WD 1TB | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Acer 3 X GD235HZ - Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Posted 11/23/2011 12:29 PM   
[quote name='astrodave' date='23 November 2011 - 01:29 PM' timestamp='1322051366' post='1331569']

[/quote]

Er, it's not an MMO. It's an RPG. Suit yourself man but you're really missing out if you don't play RPGs (The Witcher, Mass Effect). This one in particular has blown my mind and I don't even like open-world games.
[quote name='astrodave' date='23 November 2011 - 01:29 PM' timestamp='1322051366' post='1331569']

Er, it's not an MMO. It's an RPG. Suit yourself man but you're really missing out if you don't play RPGs (The Witcher, Mass Effect). This one in particular has blown my mind and I don't even like open-world games.

Posted 11/23/2011 07:35 PM   
Scroll To Top