3TB drive on nForce 430
I recently purchased a 3TB internal drive to run on my old WHS machine that uses an nForce 430 chipset. While the BIOS menu reports that the drive is 3000GB, the drive list given before the OS splash screen reports the drive as 800GB. Windows Home Server then reports the drive at ~750GB. I have tried a bunch of things to fix this issue, but I have run out of ideas:
I have:
-Updated to the newest BIOS version
-Updated to the newest nVideo drivers
-Switched drive from MBR to GPT
-Attempted to use Hitachi's HDD tools (none are 3TB compatible)
-Updated to newest ATA driver
-Switched ATA driver to IDE driver
-Placed drive in new machine (that sees it as the correct size) and attempted to partition/format in various ways and sizes and place it in the older machine

And still nothing is working. I'm perfectly happy with the drive being split in to two different partitions to make it addressable, but I can't even get that far. Is there any way to fix this?
I recently purchased a 3TB internal drive to run on my old WHS machine that uses an nForce 430 chipset. While the BIOS menu reports that the drive is 3000GB, the drive list given before the OS splash screen reports the drive as 800GB. Windows Home Server then reports the drive at ~750GB. I have tried a bunch of things to fix this issue, but I have run out of ideas:

I have:

-Updated to the newest BIOS version

-Updated to the newest nVideo drivers

-Switched drive from MBR to GPT

-Attempted to use Hitachi's HDD tools (none are 3TB compatible)

-Updated to newest ATA driver

-Switched ATA driver to IDE driver

-Placed drive in new machine (that sees it as the correct size) and attempted to partition/format in various ways and sizes and place it in the older machine

And still nothing is working. I'm perfectly happy with the drive being split in to two different partitions to make it addressable, but I can't even get that far. Is there any way to fix this?

Posted 11/20/2011 08:32 PM   
Scroll To Top