Extremely pissed off at this. No game can detect my Graphic Card.
  1 / 2    
Hi,

I'm gonna explain this decently, but I'm quite pissed off at the whole NVIDIA thing.

Issue: I got 1 integrated graphic card and 1 NVIDIA card. I played previously with the NVIDIA card and it's worked fine. The first time it happened (from 9) I updated my drivers for NVIDIA. Installation worked flawlessly. Everything installed, and no errors. I didn't did a "clean" install so the settings would have saved, but they didn't. I set the control panel to only run programs with the NVIDIA card and Skyrim, Bioshock, practicly EVERYTHING to use the NVIDIA card. It doesn't work. They can't detect it.

Actions before this happens: Installing an NVIDIA driver update, using sfc /scannow, reinstalling the driver, and there tons more.

Things I did to solve it: Looked on google EVERYWHERE. and there is nothing I could find that is the same as this. Only some stuff with Ubuntu, but I got windows 7 64 bit.

-Reinstalling the NVIDIA driver
-Uninstalling driver > clean up files using mutiple programs (today it was Advanced SystemCare) > Clean registry > restart > install NVIDIA driver. (also tried with "Clean" Installation)
-Trying to turn off Optimus (is impossible) but couldn't find anything.
-Virus Scan > MalwareBytes and VIPRE > Perfectly clean.
-Downloaded an application that checks how good your graphic card is and it couldn't detect the NVIDIA one, only the integrated crap from Intel.
-Tryed re-installing Direct-X using some software I doubt was stable. Didn't change anything.
-Turned off the Intel Graphic card to let Windows 7 force to use my NVIDIA. Unfortunately disabling it makes the NVIDIA not work at all (Control Panel not working and not listed in Device Manager)
-Downloaded the driver and modifed .inf from http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/. Applied the .inf (overwritten) and than installed the driver.
-Looked in BIOS to turn off the integrated chip. No luck
-Upgraded by BIOS
-Upgraded my NVIDIA card
-Upgraded my Intel card and updated

How did I solve it the previous 8 times: Wiping the harddrive and reinstalling windows entirely. For 8 times....

I'm seriously angry at the moment. I do everything to get my computer decent. Two full scans of VIPRE every week, MalwareBytes scans. Defragmentation. Everything to keep it running smoothly. It pays off well, but every time I need to reinstall Windows 7 because of this nonsense. I simply want to play a game with steam and it doesn't work whatever I do.

[size="7"]README[/size]

[size="5"]As a HUGE note: I think it could be a Optimus problem as when I installed Skyrim and got a .dll (from direct-x) in the folder to let a mod work it doesn't use the NVIDIA card but the Intel one. It couldn't detect my NVIDIA card. I removed the .dll (d3d9.dll) and it detected it fine and it ran fine. I couldn't install mods because of this. Now I can't play any game.[/size]

My specs:

Computer Model: Dell XPS L501X
Processor: Intel Core i5 CPU
Graphic Card: GeForce GT 420M
Direct-X: Direct-x 11

I would be SOOOOO happy if someone could figure out why it doesn't work. This is so annoying. Don't get me wrong NVIDIA is good but this just pretty much pissed me off...

~Lifell
Hi,

I'm gonna explain this decently, but I'm quite pissed off at the whole NVIDIA thing.

Issue: I got 1 integrated graphic card and 1 NVIDIA card. I played previously with the NVIDIA card and it's worked fine. The first time it happened (from 9) I updated my drivers for NVIDIA. Installation worked flawlessly. Everything installed, and no errors. I didn't did a "clean" install so the settings would have saved, but they didn't. I set the control panel to only run programs with the NVIDIA card and Skyrim, Bioshock, practicly EVERYTHING to use the NVIDIA card. It doesn't work. They can't detect it.

Actions before this happens: Installing an NVIDIA driver update, using sfc /scannow, reinstalling the driver, and there tons more.

Things I did to solve it: Looked on google EVERYWHERE. and there is nothing I could find that is the same as this. Only some stuff with Ubuntu, but I got windows 7 64 bit.

-Reinstalling the NVIDIA driver

-Uninstalling driver > clean up files using mutiple programs (today it was Advanced SystemCare) > Clean registry > restart > install NVIDIA driver. (also tried with "Clean" Installation)

-Trying to turn off Optimus (is impossible) but couldn't find anything.

-Virus Scan > MalwareBytes and VIPRE > Perfectly clean.

-Downloaded an application that checks how good your graphic card is and it couldn't detect the NVIDIA one, only the integrated crap from Intel.

-Tryed re-installing Direct-X using some software I doubt was stable. Didn't change anything.

-Turned off the Intel Graphic card to let Windows 7 force to use my NVIDIA. Unfortunately disabling it makes the NVIDIA not work at all (Control Panel not working and not listed in Device Manager)

-Downloaded the driver and modifed .inf from http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/. Applied the .inf (overwritten) and than installed the driver.

-Looked in BIOS to turn off the integrated chip. No luck

-Upgraded by BIOS

-Upgraded my NVIDIA card

-Upgraded my Intel card and updated

How did I solve it the previous 8 times: Wiping the harddrive and reinstalling windows entirely. For 8 times....

I'm seriously angry at the moment. I do everything to get my computer decent. Two full scans of VIPRE every week, MalwareBytes scans. Defragmentation. Everything to keep it running smoothly. It pays off well, but every time I need to reinstall Windows 7 because of this nonsense. I simply want to play a game with steam and it doesn't work whatever I do.

README

As a HUGE note: I think it could be a Optimus problem as when I installed Skyrim and got a .dll (from direct-x) in the folder to let a mod work it doesn't use the NVIDIA card but the Intel one. It couldn't detect my NVIDIA card. I removed the .dll (d3d9.dll) and it detected it fine and it ran fine. I couldn't install mods because of this. Now I can't play any game.

My specs:

Computer Model: Dell XPS L501X

Processor: Intel Core i5 CPU

Graphic Card: GeForce GT 420M

Direct-X: Direct-x 11

I would be SOOOOO happy if someone could figure out why it doesn't work. This is so annoying. Don't get me wrong NVIDIA is good but this just pretty much pissed me off...

~Lifell

Posted 11/19/2011 05:37 PM   
Getting desperate here too. Having a GT 540M and an integrated Intel card and having the same problem happening to me. Starting to feel like I've been fooled by NVIDIA. Of course that is not the case, at least if it happens just once, but when it happens again and again one starts to wonder.
Getting desperate here too. Having a GT 540M and an integrated Intel card and having the same problem happening to me. Starting to feel like I've been fooled by NVIDIA. Of course that is not the case, at least if it happens just once, but when it happens again and again one starts to wonder.

Posted 11/19/2011 10:58 PM   
[quote name='emilknievel' date='19 November 2011 - 11:58 PM' timestamp='1321743515' post='1329442']
[/quote]

Well it happened to me 8 times already. I needed to re-install and re-download all the stuff I had... It's making me sick, I can understand a mistake but something like this shouldn't be happening.

Although, if it comforts you, I'm happy to see someone got the same problem! Maybe some of these NVIDIA developers are going to notice, although they probably don't even check the forum...

I guess we wait...

~Lifell
[quote name='emilknievel' date='19 November 2011 - 11:58 PM' timestamp='1321743515' post='1329442']

Well it happened to me 8 times already. I needed to re-install and re-download all the stuff I had... It's making me sick, I can understand a mistake but something like this shouldn't be happening.

Although, if it comforts you, I'm happy to see someone got the same problem! Maybe some of these NVIDIA developers are going to notice, although they probably don't even check the forum...

I guess we wait...

~Lifell

Posted 11/20/2011 04:51 AM   
Ok, as an afterthought, have either of you two gone into your bios settings, (in cmos), and disabled the onboard solution?

When your system is booting up, there should be some key you would have to hit repeatedly, to enter bios.

In my case it's the delete key, as some systems require using F2, etc.

I hope this is helpful.
Ok, as an afterthought, have either of you two gone into your bios settings, (in cmos), and disabled the onboard solution?

When your system is booting up, there should be some key you would have to hit repeatedly, to enter bios.

I hope this is helpful.

ASUS M4N98TD EVO,

AMD PhenomII 955,

8Gigs-1066 Kingston Ram,

EVGA GTX-285,

Win7/64 bit.

Posted 11/20/2011 05:13 PM   
Hi sparks!
Well, I've already tried that solution and there is no such option on this computer. I can only choose Integrated and Automatic. Those two options were the only ones available even before this problem occurred.

Thanks anyway for the tip, man :)
Hi sparks!

Well, I've already tried that solution and there is no such option on this computer. I can only choose Integrated and Automatic. Those two options were the only ones available even before this problem occurred.

Thanks anyway for the tip, man :)

Posted 11/20/2011 06:39 PM   
[quote name='sparks454alive' date='20 November 2011 - 06:13 PM' timestamp='1321809226' post='1329794']

I hope this is helpful.
[/quote]

For me there is no option... I looked in the BIOS and there was nothing. Only something called: Intel Speedstep. There are no other things that could be turned off or on/In.

Thanks for your help!
[quote name='sparks454alive' date='20 November 2011 - 06:13 PM' timestamp='1321809226' post='1329794']

I hope this is helpful.

For me there is no option... I looked in the BIOS and there was nothing. Only something called: Intel Speedstep. There are no other things that could be turned off or on/In.

Thanks for your help!

Posted 11/21/2011 11:05 AM   
*bump*

I seriously need a solution now. I found it unacceptable I can't even USE my graphic card. Does anyone have any ideas?

~Lifell
*bump*

I seriously need a solution now. I found it unacceptable I can't even USE my graphic card. Does anyone have any ideas?

~Lifell

Posted 11/22/2011 01:34 AM   
same problems here. been fighting with it for months and cant seem to get it to work. nvidia tech support has been utterly useless. I found a way to trick a few games to run on it with this method http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2223176

but even though skyrim sees the gt540m on my computer it still wont run on it :( I wanna throw this lappy out the window atm.

SOMEONE HELP
same problems here. been fighting with it for months and cant seem to get it to work. nvidia tech support has been utterly useless. I found a way to trick a few games to run on it with this method http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2223176

but even though skyrim sees the gt540m on my computer it still wont run on it :( I wanna throw this lappy out the window atm.

SOMEONE HELP

Posted 11/22/2011 10:32 PM   
Use the latest beta drivers. Select NVidia as your default GPU.

Skyrim detects my 540m automatically and runs pretty well on medium/high.

Posted 11/23/2011 12:50 AM   
[quote name='redmonke255' date='23 November 2011 - 01:50 AM' timestamp='1322009453' post='1331279']

[/quote]
Done that. Didn't help.
[quote name='redmonke255' date='23 November 2011 - 01:50 AM' timestamp='1322009453' post='1331279']

Done that. Didn't help.

Posted 11/23/2011 11:08 AM   
Uhm... I got mine finally working ?!

I clicked here and there in the Nvidia control panel and got it running the way I wanted.

So here is what I did:

1. Nvidia control panel -> 3D settings -> Manage 3D settings -> Global settings -> *Set the [b]Preferred graphics processor[/b] to [b]High-performance NVIDIA processor[/b].

2. Nvidia control panel -> 3D settings -> Manage 3D settings -> Program settins -> at the [b]Select a program to customize[/b] select [b]Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim (tesv.exe)[/b] -> at the [b]Select the preferred graphics processor for this program[/b] select [b]High-performance NVIDIA processor[/b].

3. Nvidia control panel -> 3D settings -> at [b]Select a PhysX processor[/b] select your preferred obviously.

After these steps all my games, MW3, BF3, The Witcher 2, Skyrim etc.. started using my GTX 580 :)

I don't know which step did it, though I'd bet on step 3, but I'm leaving it as it is now. I'm ready to play my games in a new way!

Hopefully this will do the trick for others too.

I clicked here and there in the Nvidia control panel and got it running the way I wanted.

So here is what I did:

1. Nvidia control panel -> 3D settings -> Manage 3D settings -> Global settings -> *Set the Preferred graphics processor to High-performance NVIDIA processor.

2. Nvidia control panel -> 3D settings -> Manage 3D settings -> Program settins -> at the Select a program to customize select Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim (tesv.exe) -> at the Select the preferred graphics processor for this program select High-performance NVIDIA processor.

3. Nvidia control panel -> 3D settings -> at Select a PhysX processor select your preferred obviously.

After these steps all my games, MW3, BF3, The Witcher 2, Skyrim etc.. started using my GTX 580 :)

I don't know which step did it, though I'd bet on step 3, but I'm leaving it as it is now. I'm ready to play my games in a new way!

Alienware M17xR3

i7-2720QM 2.20GHz

8GB RAM

Intel HD Graphics

NVIDIA GTX 580M

Posted 11/25/2011 02:41 PM   
Nope! done that already and it did nothing.

Posted 11/25/2011 09:50 PM   
[quote name='bchuckry' date='25 November 2011 - 10:50 PM' timestamp='1322257804' post='1332794']
[/quote]
Use the [url="http://enbdev.com/download_en.htm"]ENB patch[/url]
[quote name='bchuckry' date='25 November 2011 - 10:50 PM' timestamp='1322257804' post='1332794']

Use the ENB patch

Alienware M17xR3

i7-2720QM 2.20GHz

8GB RAM

Intel HD Graphics

NVIDIA GTX 580M

Posted 11/26/2011 05:47 PM   
[quote name='Qaiss' date='25 November 2011 - 03:41 PM' timestamp='1322232094' post='1332641']

So here is what I did:

1. Nvidia control panel -> 3D settings -> Manage 3D settings -> Global settings -> *Set the [b]Preferred graphics processor[/b] to [b]High-performance NVIDIA processor[/b].

2. Nvidia control panel -> 3D settings -> Manage 3D settings -> Program settins -> at the [b]Select a program to customize[/b] select [b]Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim (tesv.exe)[/b] -> at the [b]Select the preferred graphics processor for this program[/b] select [b]High-performance NVIDIA processor[/b].

3. Nvidia control panel -> 3D settings -> at [b]Select a PhysX processor[/b] select your preferred obviously.

[/quote]

I tried that ages ago and million other things. Didn't work.

[quote name='Qaiss' date='26 November 2011 - 06:47 PM' timestamp='1322329630' post='1333109']
Use the [url="http://enbdev.com/download_en.htm"]ENB patch[/url]
[/quote]

When my NVIDIA card did work putting a Direct-X related .dll in the main folder caused Skyrim to not detect my NVIDIA but my integrated, means this doesn't work. When I put it out again it works. I formatted my stupid PC and I do begin to hate NVIDIA, thanks for all the help but the NVIDIA staff seriously has to check for BUGS/ERRORS because this is pure nonsense. Installing an update doesn't EVER seem to work.

I got the lastest Graphic Driver now, I wait till my games don't run anymore than I consider updating, although first getting some back-ups as it probably not going to work. Stupid NVIDIA....

For the record, this is the ninth time I formatted my HDD and reinstalled Windows because NVIDIA is to lame to look into this crap. That's just purely true. NVIDIA graphic drivers are unstable and unlogical. If you disagree, tell me why.

~Lifell
[quote name='Qaiss' date='25 November 2011 - 03:41 PM' timestamp='1322232094' post='1332641']

So here is what I did:

1. Nvidia control panel -> 3D settings -> Manage 3D settings -> Global settings -> *Set the Preferred graphics processor to High-performance NVIDIA processor.

2. Nvidia control panel -> 3D settings -> Manage 3D settings -> Program settins -> at the Select a program to customize select Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim (tesv.exe) -> at the Select the preferred graphics processor for this program select High-performance NVIDIA processor.

3. Nvidia control panel -> 3D settings -> at Select a PhysX processor select your preferred obviously.

[quote name='Qaiss' date='26 November 2011 - 06:47 PM' timestamp='1322329630' post='1333109']

Use the ENB patch

When my NVIDIA card did work putting a Direct-X related .dll in the main folder caused Skyrim to not detect my NVIDIA but my integrated, means this doesn't work. When I put it out again it works. I formatted my stupid PC and I do begin to hate NVIDIA, thanks for all the help but the NVIDIA staff seriously has to check for BUGS/ERRORS because this is pure nonsense. Installing an update doesn't EVER seem to work.

I got the lastest Graphic Driver now, I wait till my games don't run anymore than I consider updating, although first getting some back-ups as it probably not going to work. Stupid NVIDIA....

For the record, this is the ninth time I formatted my HDD and reinstalled Windows because NVIDIA is to lame to look into this crap. That's just purely true. NVIDIA graphic drivers are unstable and unlogical. If you disagree, tell me why.

~Lifell

Posted 12/11/2011 11:59 PM   
[quote name='Lifell' date='12 December 2011 - 12:59 AM' timestamp='1323647949' post='1340929']

~Lifell
[/quote]

Hmmm yea you're right. I can't find a solution anywhere on the internet for the Direct-X .dll problem. I'm trying to get the d3d9.dll working with my Nvidia GPU but it simply refuses. Shame..
[quote name='Lifell' date='12 December 2011 - 12:59 AM' timestamp='1323647949' post='1340929']

~Lifell

Hmmm yea you're right. I can't find a solution anywhere on the internet for the Direct-X .dll problem. I'm trying to get the d3d9.dll working with my Nvidia GPU but it simply refuses. Shame..

Alienware M17xR3

i7-2720QM 2.20GHz

8GB RAM

Intel HD Graphics

NVIDIA GTX 580M

Posted 12/14/2011 11:16 AM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top