Help Make 3D Vision 2 Better If you live near Santa Clara, listen up!
  1 / 2    
The NVIDIA Usability Research Team is looking for participants for a feedback session at the NVIDIA Santa Clara campus. The session will last for about 90 minutes.

If you participate in this session you will receive $100 as an appreciation of your time and feedback.

Please respond to this short survey and indicate your availability: https://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?pi=01c0d07b153ff7522ee70075db33dbb3

[b]Next Step:[/b]
If selected you will receive another email to confirm the date and time for your session. Once we receive your confirmation we will send you further instructions regarding the session.

Regards,

NVIDIA Usability Research Team
http://www.nvidia.com/usability
The NVIDIA Usability Research Team is looking for participants for a feedback session at the NVIDIA Santa Clara campus. The session will last for about 90 minutes.

If you participate in this session you will receive $100 as an appreciation of your time and feedback.

Please respond to this short survey and indicate your availability: https://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?pi=01c0d07b153ff7522ee70075db33dbb3

Next Step:

If selected you will receive another email to confirm the date and time for your session. Once we receive your confirmation we will send you further instructions regarding the session.

Regards,

NVIDIA Usability Research Team

http://www.nvidia.com/usability

Posted 11/18/2011 06:22 PM   
I'd participate for free if I were in the Bay Area. Anyway we can get this livestreamed and provide feedback remotely?
I'd participate for free if I were in the Bay Area. Anyway we can get this livestreamed and provide feedback remotely?

-=HeliX=- Mod 3DV Game Fixes
My 3D Vision Games List Ratings

Intel Core i7 920 D0 @4.0GHz 1.29V | EVGA X58 Classified 760 | Win7 x64 Ultimate | Antec 620 LC
Galaxy GeForce GTX 670 GC SLI | Asus VG278H 120Hz LCD + 3D Vision 2 | 12GB Samsung DDR3 1600 35nm
Intel X25-M G2 160GB SSD | WD Black 3x1.5TB RAID 0 | Kingston HyperX 2x128GB SSD RAID 0
Sony STR-DG1000 A/V Receiver | Polk Audio RM6880 7.1 | LG Blu-Ray
Auzen X-Fi HT HD | Logitech G700/G110/G27 | CM HAF X Blue | Antec TPQ-1200W

Posted 11/18/2011 08:32 PM   
We are doing an onsite study so unfortunately we need you live and in person.

There will be opportunities for other web based sessions.
We are doing an onsite study so unfortunately we need you live and in person.

There will be opportunities for other web based sessions.

Posted 11/18/2011 11:46 PM   
Wait a min... Is this just new glasses or a whole new software?
Wait a min... Is this just new glasses or a whole new software?
It's just an opportunity to help us improve the product.

Posted 11/18/2011 11:52 PM   
[quote name='andrewf@nvidia' date='18 November 2011 - 03:52 PM' timestamp='1321660336' post='1329103']
[/quote]

Im available for any nvidia product testing if you need a Canadian point of view eh! Feel free to send me your latest video cards and 3d equipment. /thanks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thanks:' />
[quote name='andrewf@nvidia' date='18 November 2011 - 03:52 PM' timestamp='1321660336' post='1329103']

Im available for any nvidia product testing if you need a Canadian point of view eh! Feel free to send me your latest video cards and 3d equipment. /thanks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thanks:' />

Windows 8
470GTX
Nvidia 3D Vision Kit (glasses are useless now)
Passive LG LW57000 55"
Optoma HD33
Razer Hydra
TrackIR
Oculus Rift (soon)
Two crossed eyes

Posted 11/20/2011 08:21 AM   
Why don't you just pay attention to the dozens of reoccurring threads in your own forums to "help improve the product", rather than some back-patting session that hardly anyone will be able to attend?

-Give us a way to define the size of our projected screen
-Give us a way to manage having a 3D-capable display and a 2D display simultaneously without having to disable 3D in the driver every single time we want to use anything graphic on the 2D display
-Give us a way to make our own profiles. It would be an unrealistic expectation for you guys to spend all of your time making every game as perfect as possible. Empower the members of your community to add value to your product rather than driving them away.
-Let us disable the warning message (oh wait, then 3D might work on monitors that haven't paid nvidia to be '3d vision compatible' despite the fact that 3D is very clearly working).
-Releasing new proprietary glasses, when EVERY other manufacturer is standardizing their format? Do you honestly expect us to dig our own grave by being locked into an ecosystem that is very clearly going to be the ONLY outlier in just a couple of months? I would buy 4 extra pairs of glasses RIGHT NOW if I had any assurance that they would be compatible with future devices. Glasses are expensive and I'm not going to consciously choose to go with the option that I KNOW will not be future-proof.

Anyone who uses your product has to deal with these stupid, easy-to-fix problems EVERY DAY. For YEARS now. You're driving away the most active contributing members of your community, who could be the most valuable proponents of your product. Enjoy your monopoly while it lasts. AMD is catching up, and I think I speak for most people familiar with the quality of your drivers and product strategy that we cannot WAIT to jump ship.
Why don't you just pay attention to the dozens of reoccurring threads in your own forums to "help improve the product", rather than some back-patting session that hardly anyone will be able to attend?

-Give us a way to define the size of our projected screen

-Give us a way to manage having a 3D-capable display and a 2D display simultaneously without having to disable 3D in the driver every single time we want to use anything graphic on the 2D display

-Give us a way to make our own profiles. It would be an unrealistic expectation for you guys to spend all of your time making every game as perfect as possible. Empower the members of your community to add value to your product rather than driving them away.

-Let us disable the warning message (oh wait, then 3D might work on monitors that haven't paid nvidia to be '3d vision compatible' despite the fact that 3D is very clearly working).

-Releasing new proprietary glasses, when EVERY other manufacturer is standardizing their format? Do you honestly expect us to dig our own grave by being locked into an ecosystem that is very clearly going to be the ONLY outlier in just a couple of months? I would buy 4 extra pairs of glasses RIGHT NOW if I had any assurance that they would be compatible with future devices. Glasses are expensive and I'm not going to consciously choose to go with the option that I KNOW will not be future-proof.

Anyone who uses your product has to deal with these stupid, easy-to-fix problems EVERY DAY. For YEARS now. You're driving away the most active contributing members of your community, who could be the most valuable proponents of your product. Enjoy your monopoly while it lasts. AMD is catching up, and I think I speak for most people familiar with the quality of your drivers and product strategy that we cannot WAIT to jump ship.

Posted 11/21/2011 04:48 PM   
Get to work on the Holodeck. Then I'll be happy.
Get to work on the Holodeck. Then I'll be happy.

Posted 11/21/2011 05:21 PM   
You could start by not making glasses that reflect the light from the monitor.

Posted 11/21/2011 07:37 PM   
Count me in. If you ever see a guy with his face pressed up against the glass drooling, it's me.
Count me in. If you ever see a guy with his face pressed up against the glass drooling, it's me.

Posted 11/22/2011 07:07 AM   
Did I really just read this as part of the survey?

[i]"Play graphics-intensive PC games (Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, Age of Empires, etc.)"[/i]

Really? Call of Duty, World of Warcraft and Age of Empire are graphic intensive games? Did they all get a new previously unheard of release today or something that actually is graphically intensive?
Did I really just read this as part of the survey?

"Play graphics-intensive PC games (Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, Age of Empires, etc.)"

Really? Call of Duty, World of Warcraft and Age of Empire are graphic intensive games? Did they all get a new previously unheard of release today or something that actually is graphically intensive?

My First PC Set-Up for Gaming:

CPU: Intel Core i7 950 [3GHz/8MB/LGA1366]

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R

RAM: (x2) Corsair 6GB kit (3x XMS 2GB) DDR3 PC-12800 1600MHz

Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 3.5" 1TB (x2)

Graphics Card: (x2) EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX 570 SC 1280 mb DDR5

Optical Drive: Samsung 12 Blu-ray / dvdrw combo

Case: CoolerMaster Elite HAF 932 Full Tower Case

Power Supply: CollerMaster Elite HAF 932 Full Tower Case

[url="www.blurayuser.com"]www.blurayuser.com[/url]

Posted 11/26/2011 12:20 AM   
These 3D Vision 2 glasses are sick! I have to wonder how much better they could make them... Wearing awesome headphones rather than earbuds makes things so much more immersive.

I'm really enjoying the hardware! And software support IS getting better! Keep it up, I will continue to tell all my friends how much I enjoy your stuff Nvidia!
These 3D Vision 2 glasses are sick! I have to wonder how much better they could make them... Wearing awesome headphones rather than earbuds makes things so much more immersive.

I'm really enjoying the hardware! And software support IS getting better! Keep it up, I will continue to tell all my friends how much I enjoy your stuff Nvidia!

Posted 11/26/2011 07:55 AM   
[quote name='BababooeyHTJ' date='21 November 2011 - 01:37 PM' timestamp='1321904247' post='1330474']
[/quote]

I don't think it's that bad, but I agree, none reflecting black would be better.
[quote name='BababooeyHTJ' date='21 November 2011 - 01:37 PM' timestamp='1321904247' post='1330474']

I don't think it's that bad, but I agree, none reflecting black would be better.

Posted 11/26/2011 07:56 AM   
This may seem silly but i have the original emmiter from 3d vision 1, can I buy glasses for 3D Vision 2 and use it without need of buying a new emitter?
This may seem silly but i have the original emmiter from 3d vision 1, can I buy glasses for 3D Vision 2 and use it without need of buying a new emitter?

My First PC Set-Up for Gaming:

CPU: Intel Core i7 950 [3GHz/8MB/LGA1366]

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R

RAM: (x2) Corsair 6GB kit (3x XMS 2GB) DDR3 PC-12800 1600MHz

Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 3.5" 1TB (x2)

Graphics Card: (x2) EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX 570 SC 1280 mb DDR5

Optical Drive: Samsung 12 Blu-ray / dvdrw combo

Case: CoolerMaster Elite HAF 932 Full Tower Case

Power Supply: CollerMaster Elite HAF 932 Full Tower Case

[url="www.blurayuser.com"]www.blurayuser.com[/url]

Posted 12/06/2011 09:06 AM   
[quote name='Suntory_Times' date='06 December 2011 - 03:06 AM' timestamp='1323162376' post='1338294']
[/quote]

I was using my new 3D Vision 2 glasses with my old emitter and monitor without any issues so you should be ok.
[quote name='Suntory_Times' date='06 December 2011 - 03:06 AM' timestamp='1323162376' post='1338294']

I was using my new 3D Vision 2 glasses with my old emitter and monitor without any issues so you should be ok.

Posted 12/06/2011 09:32 AM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top