GTX 560-Ti + 9800GTX PhysX Would be useful?
Hello,
I've just bought new card, GTX560-Ti, so i have my old one 9800GTX nothing to do with.
Would it be useful if I use it for dedicated PhysX calculation to reduce the load on my 560-Ti?
Or I will see no grow up with such configuration?
And if it is useful, what minimum power supply unit must I have? And must I buy SLI-bridge adaptor?
Hello,

I've just bought new card, GTX560-Ti, so i have my old one 9800GTX nothing to do with.

Would it be useful if I use it for dedicated PhysX calculation to reduce the load on my 560-Ti?

And if it is useful, what minimum power supply unit must I have? And must I buy SLI-bridge adaptor?

Posted 11/18/2011 11:40 AM   
1-No you don't need an sli bridge.

2-It would only help in heavy physx enabled game's which are very few.

I would hate to guess on the min power supply without knowing what the rest of your system spec's are such as cpu,hard drive's etc and if you are running any overclock's or plan to in the future.

A good rule when it come's to power supply's is never buy one that just meet's what you need for a min but leave some headroom to make up for manufacturing discrepancy's.

I would hate to guess on the min power supply without knowing what the rest of your system spec's are such as cpu,hard drive's etc and if you are running any overclock's or plan to in the future.

A good rule when it come's to power supply's is never buy one that just meet's what you need for a min but leave some headroom to make up for manufacturing discrepancy's.

Posted 11/18/2011 02:18 PM   
[quote name='Impatient' date='18 November 2011 - 05:18 PM' timestamp='1321625928' post='1328839']

[/quote]

Yeah, you're right, I forgot about other system...

But thank you very much)

Just checked, and it is enough for me, that my current PSU doesn't satisfy the requirements))
[quote name='Impatient' date='18 November 2011 - 05:18 PM' timestamp='1321625928' post='1328839']

Yeah, you're right, I forgot about other system...

But thank you very much)

Just checked, and it is enough for me, that my current PSU doesn't satisfy the requirements))

Posted 11/18/2011 02:38 PM   
[quote name='Postedman' date='18 November 2011 - 08:40 AM' timestamp='1321616458' post='1328800']
Hello,
[/quote]

Well i can tell, i've bought the same card, 560-Ti, and i also had a 9800GTX+

When i dedicated the 9800GTX+ i noticed worst performance to calculate the physx on games like(batman AA, Alice Madness,Mafia II).
So the 560-ti do it much better itself.
[quote name='Postedman' date='18 November 2011 - 08:40 AM' timestamp='1321616458' post='1328800']

Hello,

Well i can tell, i've bought the same card, 560-Ti, and i also had a 9800GTX+

When i dedicated the 9800GTX+ i noticed worst performance to calculate the physx on games like(batman AA, Alice Madness,Mafia II).

So the 560-ti do it much better itself.

|Asus P8Z68-V|GeForce GTX 680|i7 2600k|Antec Kuhler 620|8GB Corsair Vegeance 1600|Corsair GS700|Haf 922|Benq XL2410T|

Posted 11/18/2011 06:35 PM   
The 9800GTX+ will hold back the 560Ti.

I had a similar setup with a 460 (now 580) and 8800GT. The older card will hold back performance as the faster one would need to wait for the slower one to be done.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbww3dhzK0M"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=cbww3dhzK0M[/url]

Also for games that do not use PhysX, the second card will do nothing, but draw power and produce extra heat you don't need.
The 9800GTX+ will hold back the 560Ti.

I had a similar setup with a 460 (now 580) and 8800GT. The older card will hold back performance as the faster one would need to wait for the slower one to be done.

Also for games that do not use PhysX, the second card will do nothing, but draw power and produce extra heat you don't need.

eVGA Z68 SLI | Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.5 GHz | Corsair Hydro Series H80i
8GB G.Skill Sniper Series DDR3 | EVGA GTX 580 | OCZ ZX 1000W
OCZ Agility3 120 GB SSD + SanDisk Ultra 120GB SSD
Samsung UN55D6000 + Samsung T240
Win8 Pro x64 / WEI - 8.0 - 8.0 - 8.1 - 8.1 - 7.8
3DMark11 - P7545 / Vantage (PPU disabled) - P28859
F@H Team: 142900

Posted 11/18/2011 06:51 PM   
So often we want to try to maximize every little thing and do this and that when really all it will do is create more problems and potential trouble for your computer. Such is the case with what you're talking about doing. Your new card is solid and nice. Don't gimp it by putting a heater in there with it for "possible" minimal gains in SOME performance. Also, unless you have a system like mine, fans galore and enough cooling to handle a nuclear power plant, why take a chance with that extra heat build up.

And as some other poster stated, when it comes to power supply, never go anywhere near the minimal. Always overshoot your need for power.

My bet is that if you did this, you'd have problems, if you could even make it work right. And like yet another poster said, loss of performance rather than gain.
So often we want to try to maximize every little thing and do this and that when really all it will do is create more problems and potential trouble for your computer. Such is the case with what you're talking about doing. Your new card is solid and nice. Don't gimp it by putting a heater in there with it for "possible" minimal gains in SOME performance. Also, unless you have a system like mine, fans galore and enough cooling to handle a nuclear power plant, why take a chance with that extra heat build up.

And as some other poster stated, when it comes to power supply, never go anywhere near the minimal. Always overshoot your need for power.

My bet is that if you did this, you'd have problems, if you could even make it work right. And like yet another poster said, loss of performance rather than gain.

Posted 12/23/2011 07:08 PM   
Scroll To Top