gt 520
Sorry i am not 100% if this is right section or not but w/e.

i used to have a 7950 (really really old card) that i bought a few years ago from my room mate who had it sitting in a junk pile for 20 bucks.

so i just bought a brand new gt 520 with 2 gigs of memory. all excited I boot up my latest addiction and amazed to find out that I do not notice any kind of a FPS increase. I would need a bench-marking program to even know if it did anything at all.

for example on runes of magic on I guess medium high settings I would only be getting 15 fps. I would expect that a brand new video card on a game with graphics a few years would would at least give me over 40 easy. what gives?

i used to have a 7950 (really really old card) that i bought a few years ago from my room mate who had it sitting in a junk pile for 20 bucks.

so i just bought a brand new gt 520 with 2 gigs of memory. all excited I boot up my latest addiction and amazed to find out that I do not notice any kind of a FPS increase. I would need a bench-marking program to even know if it did anything at all.

for example on runes of magic on I guess medium high settings I would only be getting 15 fps. I would expect that a brand new video card on a game with graphics a few years would would at least give me over 40 easy. what gives?

Posted 11/12/2011 03:21 PM   
[quote name='`kannon`' date='12 November 2011 - 05:21 PM' timestamp='1321111311' post='1325129']

[/quote]

Could you please post you system specs ? Ram ammount and CPU
[quote name='`kannon`' date='12 November 2011 - 05:21 PM' timestamp='1321111311' post='1325129']

Posted 11/12/2011 04:25 PM   
[quote name='Manual' date='12 November 2011 - 04:25 PM' timestamp='1321115117' post='1325153']
[/quote]

2.4 dual core
4gigs ram
win 7

still though. video cards are ment to put the game processing on the video card and off the system. the system specs shouldnt matter because its the card that is supposed to be doing all the work.

edit: i notice this video card is super tiny doesnt even need its own seperate power cable. i dont even remember if it has a fan. just a tiny heat sink. way smaller then all of the gaming powerhouse cards even from 2 years ago that take up 2 bay slots and are just massive.

is this card even ment for gaming at all?
maybe it was ment for photoshop or something Oo
[quote name='Manual' date='12 November 2011 - 04:25 PM' timestamp='1321115117' post='1325153']

2.4 dual core

4gigs ram

win 7

still though. video cards are ment to put the game processing on the video card and off the system. the system specs shouldnt matter because its the card that is supposed to be doing all the work.

edit: i notice this video card is super tiny doesnt even need its own seperate power cable. i dont even remember if it has a fan. just a tiny heat sink. way smaller then all of the gaming powerhouse cards even from 2 years ago that take up 2 bay slots and are just massive.

is this card even ment for gaming at all?

maybe it was ment for photoshop or something Oo

Posted 11/12/2011 04:30 PM   
I'm having issues with the the Gt 520 Card as well. I got it from a pre-built computer company, cyberpowerpc.com, and it is a new chip for just pre built sites and it was part of a gaming package and yet it can barely run Battlefield 3 above 20 fps. I just bought the computer in June and I can't believe I'm having troubles with it. My drivers are updated and such but I can't find anyway to optimize this card for the game because there is no option to when I go to the optimize Battlefield 3 page because of its 'exclusivity' to prebuilt pc sites. I would just like to know if there is anyway to fix this issue or if I will have to get another video card all together that would be optimal for gaming.
I'm having issues with the the Gt 520 Card as well. I got it from a pre-built computer company, cyberpowerpc.com, and it is a new chip for just pre built sites and it was part of a gaming package and yet it can barely run Battlefield 3 above 20 fps. I just bought the computer in June and I can't believe I'm having troubles with it. My drivers are updated and such but I can't find anyway to optimize this card for the game because there is no option to when I go to the optimize Battlefield 3 page because of its 'exclusivity' to prebuilt pc sites. I would just like to know if there is anyway to fix this issue or if I will have to get another video card all together that would be optimal for gaming.

Posted 11/12/2011 07:55 PM   
http://www.geforce.com/Hardware/GPUs/geforce-gt-520-oem link to the video card as well for specification that it says it can run dx11 games on it.
http://www.geforce.com/Hardware/GPUs/geforce-gt-520-oem link to the video card as well for specification that it says it can run dx11 games on it.

Posted 11/12/2011 08:00 PM   
who said it cant run the games. it can run the games. just not well.

have you even seen the card. i serously do not think it is a gaming card. it is just too tiny. it is smaller then my 7950 card. my 7950 even needs you to plug in an extra power cable. as do the much much larger cards with massive heatsink/fans. but the gt520 is just really small doesnt even need this.

just based on this unless they have encounter some kind of alien tech and where capable of putting the same amount of power into something 20 times smaller i doubt this card was ment for gaming

have you even seen the card. i serously do not think it is a gaming card. it is just too tiny. it is smaller then my 7950 card. my 7950 even needs you to plug in an extra power cable. as do the much much larger cards with massive heatsink/fans. but the gt520 is just really small doesnt even need this.

just based on this unless they have encounter some kind of alien tech and where capable of putting the same amount of power into something 20 times smaller i doubt this card was ment for gaming

Posted 11/13/2011 02:38 AM   
[quote name='`kannon`' date='12 November 2011 - 06:38 PM' timestamp='1321151909' post='1325429']

[/quote]

Ya, I'll live with it for now until I can get a better graphics card. And I agree this card can run the games but just not well at all. O well the rest of my system is fine I'll deal with the slowness for now. It is quite small by the way it is kinda funny at this point. But ya please reply if you end up getting a new card and tell me what you get because I'm gonna look for some as well.
[quote name='`kannon`' date='12 November 2011 - 06:38 PM' timestamp='1321151909' post='1325429']

Ya, I'll live with it for now until I can get a better graphics card. And I agree this card can run the games but just not well at all. O well the rest of my system is fine I'll deal with the slowness for now. It is quite small by the way it is kinda funny at this point. But ya please reply if you end up getting a new card and tell me what you get because I'm gonna look for some as well.

Posted 11/13/2011 06:11 AM   
[quote name='David241' date='13 November 2011 - 06:11 AM' timestamp='1321164704' post='1325491']
[/quote]

after looking at some of the cards it seems that the gt series is not ment for gaming. and GTX series is.

at least i can still return it. 1 day left on return to bestbuy. not sure what kind of a card i can get for 100 bucks though. as long as i can play at 30fps on medium/high settints on some of the nice games from this year i would be happy. i do not need 200fps like some whackos get.
[quote name='David241' date='13 November 2011 - 06:11 AM' timestamp='1321164704' post='1325491']

after looking at some of the cards it seems that the gt series is not ment for gaming. and GTX series is.

at least i can still return it. 1 day left on return to bestbuy. not sure what kind of a card i can get for 100 bucks though. as long as i can play at 30fps on medium/high settints on some of the nice games from this year i would be happy. i do not need 200fps like some whackos get.

Posted 11/13/2011 07:47 AM   
Scroll To Top