Good review of the Sony HMZ-T1 Skyrim + HMD would be awesome
There is a good review of Sony's new Head Mounted Display (HMD) here:

http://www.theverge.com/2011/11/10/2552518/sony-hmz-t1-personal-3d-viewer-review

I hope enough people buy these than they continue to advance the tech. Should be awesome for immersion.

Enjoy,
Ryan
There is a good review of Sony's new Head Mounted Display (HMD) here:

http://www.theverge.com/2011/11/10/2552518/sony-hmz-t1-personal-3d-viewer-review

I hope enough people buy these than they continue to advance the tech. Should be awesome for immersion.

Enjoy,

Ryan

Posted 11/11/2011 01:28 AM   
I was gonna buy this but changed my mind after testing it. It has no immersion factor (what I was looking for to use with my headtracking TrackIR). Seriously, it looks like a 50inch screen at 2 meters (something like that - not like they show you in the marketing video). Also, its really not comfortable and any slight shift in head movement make the picture go awkward as it misaligns slightly, dont think it would work effectively with headtracking.

I bought an Optoma HD33 instead, and I sit about a meter and a half from a 110" screen (thats immersion!) 3D is excellent and the res is 1080p too (well most games 720p anyhow). Its a more expensive route, but I can have multiple people looking at the same screen at least. Ill be waiting on the Sony HMD version that has a way bigger FOV. (the Gaming Edition.)
I was gonna buy this but changed my mind after testing it. It has no immersion factor (what I was looking for to use with my headtracking TrackIR). Seriously, it looks like a 50inch screen at 2 meters (something like that - not like they show you in the marketing video). Also, its really not comfortable and any slight shift in head movement make the picture go awkward as it misaligns slightly, dont think it would work effectively with headtracking.

I bought an Optoma HD33 instead, and I sit about a meter and a half from a 110" screen (thats immersion!) 3D is excellent and the res is 1080p too (well most games 720p anyhow). Its a more expensive route, but I can have multiple people looking at the same screen at least. Ill be waiting on the Sony HMD version that has a way bigger FOV. (the Gaming Edition.)

Windows 8
470GTX
Nvidia 3D Vision Kit (glasses are useless now)
Passive LG LW57000 55"
Optoma HD33
Razer Hydra
TrackIR
Oculus Rift (soon)
Two crossed eyes

Posted 11/11/2011 02:06 AM   
[quote name='damienlabonte' date='10 November 2011 - 07:06 PM' timestamp='1320977188' post='1324172']

[/quote]

mind you, I didnt have time or the proper head pads to set this up properly for my head alone. But my opinion still stands..

Now work on that FOV Sony!
[quote name='damienlabonte' date='10 November 2011 - 07:06 PM' timestamp='1320977188' post='1324172']

mind you, I didnt have time or the proper head pads to set this up properly for my head alone. But my opinion still stands..

Now work on that FOV Sony!

Windows 8
470GTX
Passive LG LW57000 55"
Optoma HD33
Razer Hydra
TrackIR
Oculus Rift (soon)
Two crossed eyes

Posted 11/11/2011 02:07 AM   
I bought one and optics came busted. So could not get a perfect 100 | 100 sync between two lenses and edges were fuzzy(dont tell me I put it on wrong.I tried for hours and actually tried no straps and put it directly to eyeball and gradually pulled away. It was like the "sweet spot" was smaller then my vision). Even if I wanted a replacement would have to wait 3 months. However my acer 5360 looked better at like 35% bigger screen at half the price. Was very disappointed. People coming from lcd tvs will like it. However if you can get a dlp projector its so much nicer.

@damien been considering upgrading my acer5360 do u use the rf glasses or dlp link glasses. Dlp link kinda turned me off from darkness factor. Wanted to hear your take.
I bought one and optics came busted. So could not get a perfect 100 | 100 sync between two lenses and edges were fuzzy(dont tell me I put it on wrong.I tried for hours and actually tried no straps and put it directly to eyeball and gradually pulled away. It was like the "sweet spot" was smaller then my vision). Even if I wanted a replacement would have to wait 3 months. However my acer 5360 looked better at like 35% bigger screen at half the price. Was very disappointed. People coming from lcd tvs will like it. However if you can get a dlp projector its so much nicer.

@damien been considering upgrading my acer5360 do u use the rf glasses or dlp link glasses. Dlp link kinda turned me off from darkness factor. Wanted to hear your take.

Posted 11/11/2011 02:58 AM   
I have a H5360 projector with a 70" screen that I am 66" from. That gives a ~50degree FOV, which is about the same as sitting 22" from a 24" monitor.

45degrees for the Sony sounds a little weak, I'd like to see something above 50. I hope reasonably priced HD resolution HMDs catch on and see some improvement from competition. Maybe Apple needs to make one.

It kind of reminds me of MP3 players. There were a bunch of products early on (I had a MP3 CD player myself) but then the iPod came out and everyone had one.
I have a H5360 projector with a 70" screen that I am 66" from. That gives a ~50degree FOV, which is about the same as sitting 22" from a 24" monitor.

45degrees for the Sony sounds a little weak, I'd like to see something above 50. I hope reasonably priced HD resolution HMDs catch on and see some improvement from competition. Maybe Apple needs to make one.

It kind of reminds me of MP3 players. There were a bunch of products early on (I had a MP3 CD player myself) but then the iPod came out and everyone had one.

Posted 11/11/2011 03:00 AM   
I got to try this out at the Sony store. It does look pretty big for an HMD (I am used to using Vuzix headsets). Granted, it probably won't match the size of a good projector setup, but it is easily bigger than what most people have for an HDTV in a living room setting. The quality of the OLEDs was great, colors/contrast and everything was better than probably any LCD I've seen. Maybe not to the level of a nice plasma, but certainly competitive. I did not get to test the 3D, but I imagine that it works well: with no ghosting, and the full colors and brightness.

Personally I was waiting for this for a while for use with a VR setup, but ended up going with the Vuzix 1200VR for a number of reasons. You can see my setup here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni-QFyfZ8rY . But now that its out, I am considering getting a DLP projector instead. Not that I need, or should really be spending the money on either. But it seems like a projector could be more impressive, as well as being able to be used by multiple people. But I will probably get the Sony headset just to support what they are doing in order to see VR succeed one day. I guess its one step at a time. If we want to see more immersive HMDs, then we need to support the companies that are bringing this stuff out *today*. If everyone just sits around waiting for the "ultimate" HMD, it will never come.
I got to try this out at the Sony store. It does look pretty big for an HMD (I am used to using Vuzix headsets). Granted, it probably won't match the size of a good projector setup, but it is easily bigger than what most people have for an HDTV in a living room setting. The quality of the OLEDs was great, colors/contrast and everything was better than probably any LCD I've seen. Maybe not to the level of a nice plasma, but certainly competitive. I did not get to test the 3D, but I imagine that it works well: with no ghosting, and the full colors and brightness.

Personally I was waiting for this for a while for use with a VR setup, but ended up going with the Vuzix 1200VR for a number of reasons. You can see my setup here: . But now that its out, I am considering getting a DLP projector instead. Not that I need, or should really be spending the money on either. But it seems like a projector could be more impressive, as well as being able to be used by multiple people. But I will probably get the Sony headset just to support what they are doing in order to see VR succeed one day. I guess its one step at a time. If we want to see more immersive HMDs, then we need to support the companies that are bringing this stuff out *today*. If everyone just sits around waiting for the "ultimate" HMD, it will never come.
Posted 11/11/2011 04:13 AM   
@Cyber.
DLP projectors are soooo nice. Its hard to explain since I am not tech savvy. The pixels are so dense. I sit maybe 4 feet from 70 inch screen. I see 0 pixels. I could go closer and still same thing. Hmz-t1(yes mine was busted but I could still see middle clearly. Besides perfect blacks I think my acer had better video quality. It didnt have that glare(almost like hotspots.)I use a high gain screen and set for eco mode then when I play 3d I turn it off. I see very little darkening due to glasses. Also no GHOSTING(same as hmz-t1)

Acer 5360 and optoma60?(forget name) are very good 720p 3d. They are hdmi 1.3 though but you can use 3d vision. They are 500 dollar range.Only supports 3d vision and no consoles.
Unless you buy optoma 3d xl(300.00 w/ glasses), then you can use DDD,3D Vision/tvplay,IZ3D(i believe),360,ps3

Acer5360bd is good and is hdmi1.4 however never found a US seller and uncertain of price. It can NOT use 3d vision but can use dlp link glasses.Can play everything as well minus 3d vision

Optoma33 is a name is been hearing a lot lately qualitity 1080p /1080 24 hz 3d/720p 3d. Its 1500 and can NOT use 3d vision glasses. You can use RF or dlp link glasses.Can play everything as well minus 3d vision.

Hope that helps. Had some free time(skyrim wait) and I know your helpful guy so wanted to chip in.
@Cyber.

DLP projectors are soooo nice. Its hard to explain since I am not tech savvy. The pixels are so dense. I sit maybe 4 feet from 70 inch screen. I see 0 pixels. I could go closer and still same thing. Hmz-t1(yes mine was busted but I could still see middle clearly. Besides perfect blacks I think my acer had better video quality. It didnt have that glare(almost like hotspots.)I use a high gain screen and set for eco mode then when I play 3d I turn it off. I see very little darkening due to glasses. Also no GHOSTING(same as hmz-t1)

Acer 5360 and optoma60?(forget name) are very good 720p 3d. They are hdmi 1.3 though but you can use 3d vision. They are 500 dollar range.Only supports 3d vision and no consoles.

Unless you buy optoma 3d xl(300.00 w/ glasses), then you can use DDD,3D Vision/tvplay,IZ3D(i believe),360,ps3

Acer5360bd is good and is hdmi1.4 however never found a US seller and uncertain of price. It can NOT use 3d vision but can use dlp link glasses.Can play everything as well minus 3d vision

Optoma33 is a name is been hearing a lot lately qualitity 1080p /1080 24 hz 3d/720p 3d. Its 1500 and can NOT use 3d vision glasses. You can use RF or dlp link glasses.Can play everything as well minus 3d vision.

Hope that helps. Had some free time(skyrim wait) and I know your helpful guy so wanted to chip in.

Posted 11/11/2011 04:58 AM   
I am actually doing a lot of testing with it, with Track IR and all
http://widescreengamingforum.com/forum/forums/stereoscopic-3d-gaming/general-stereoscopic-3d-discussions/18223/sony-hmz-t1-hmd-head-m

I recently read about 3dTV Play, but can't get it to work... yet ?
I am actually doing a lot of testing with it, with Track IR and all

http://widescreengamingforum.com/forum/forums/stereoscopic-3d-gaming/general-stereoscopic-3d-discussions/18223/sony-hmz-t1-hmd-head-m

Posted 11/15/2011 09:29 PM   
[quote]I recently read about 3dTV Play, but can't get it to work... yet ?
[/quote]

It works excellent with 3DTV Play, here's what I already wrote on this:

[quote]"I have seen the Gates of Oblivion, beyond which no waking eye may see.", Emperor Uriel Septim VII

I just entered the rabbit hole, swallowed the red pill, who knows if waking I may ever see...

The gadget from the future HMZ-T1 3d Personal Viewer from Sony, marvellous 3d Vision tech from Nvidia and the most immersive RPG ever created so far, Skyrim from Bethesda, just decided to form a warband together and carried me right away - off to Never-Never-Land, Enter Sandman :).

It works, Andrew, it works magnificiently well. There are several huge advantages of using the HMZ-T1 over a monitor (but also some drawbacks, which though are rather ignorable compared to the advantages):

1. No loss of colour or light - atmospheric vibrance is 100%ly preserved in stereo 3d: so beautiful, so alive, so free
2. No Ghosting - as in absolutley no ghosting: A blessing for the eyes, no distractions anymore
3. Deep, satisfying stereo 3d, with convergence adjustable as you like - yes, all kind of stuff comes out of that giant screen if you choose appropriate convergence; I wish the max depth was even deeper, ie a defalut screen size below 80inch; now, perhaps I trick myself here, cause I have no double image which I usually use to see maximum bearable depth, but I feel it could be even more; don't get it wrong - it has very good depth already nonetheless
4. Huge screen (what size of illusion you will trick yourself into is subjective I guess, but much larger than my good old Smsung 2233rz, Andrew and team assumed 80 inch, at least that's what the registry hints at; now of course this also depends on the assumed sitting distance)
5. Super fast FPS-wise (it's just 1280*720 res, much welcomed by Skyrim, it's super fluent gameplay this way with a GTX 580 at least, all maxed out)
6. Amazing colours (I use "warm2" as colour tone and display mode "brilliant"), very deep black level, no reaction lag that I perceive at all, these 720p look high resolution still, especially with AA fully in
7. Blends out the real world (not fully, some light goes through, but very, very much, you really sink into it)
8. It's cool to see the screen, no matter where you tilt your head; you can simulate head tracking this way, hehe - of course I wait anxiously for the real thing
9. Play lying, slumped on the couch, with a blanket above your head, whatever... next thing tomorrow is get myself soem wireless mouse, wireless keyboard, gamepad for windows wireless controller, perhaps even some cosy new chair/couch/relax thingy...
10. Even large glasses can be used with it without any problems
11. No sea sickness or isolation feeling or whatever for me, just cool, full immersion
12. Very nice surround headphone sound (I am by far no sound expert though)

Now for the drawbacks:

1. It's a weight on your nose or your forehead, no matter what; this gets strenous when playing over a long time (actually in the neck, too); not horrible, but simply noticable
2. It's hard to rightly adjust; it took me 2 days and I almost was willing to return it actually; have patience, bring time, sleep a night over it or two; bluriness at the edges is your enemy - it's almost gone for me now, a little rest remains though; I use the smallest head piece in the top position; top strap fully closed, three holes visible in back head strap; side fastenings slightly tightened, but not much; a significant part of the weight is on my nose, which allows for the right view angle; actually I like it much more this way than my former high pressure trials resulting in the famous red mark on my front head from all the pressure; liek stereo 3d I think this is partially also a learning process for the brain, so really, take your time
3. Obvious, but: you cannot see the keyboard nor your food or whatever you find handy to look at sometimes
4. While the res appears to me much more tahn mere 1280*720, it's also by perceiption somewhat less than HD or even 1650*1080; with Anti-Aliasing as mentioned above though most of it can be nicely compensated for
5. I still struggle with elegnatly switching it and my monitor, buit this is probably just me
6. Tied to cable and to extra unit - no great mobility (of course perfect for hotel stays etc though)

It's an addictive experience - and I am the hell looking forward to delve deeper into this :).

Best wishes

Bobarr aka youngneil1 [/quote]

and this:

[quote]I made myself some batch file which adds a ton of additional depth (or so I imagine, at least now I think it's as deep as I ever could wish for, thanks to Bloody from 3d Vision blog for the instructions: 3d Vision Blog Instructions ; this variant is for 64bit systems):

@Echo Off
@START /D "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim" TESV.exe
@TIMEOUT 10
@REG ADD "HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D" /v MonitorSize /t REG_DWORD /d 50 /f

This I click to start Skyrim and it sets the supposed screensize to HEX 50 (DECIMAL 80) - Nvidia's defaults are at HEX A0 (DECIMAL 160). The decicmal numbers are double the diagnoal of your screen in inch. Now with the HMZ-T it's hard to say what its diagonal is and how far you sit away from it. I found Nvidia defaults good, but longed for more and this does it (or I illusion myself into it here, hehe). The smaller you set that number, the more depth you get. I would be eager to know if this works for you, too, and which settings fit the best for you (depth wheel of the emitter to 100%).

Again, I cannot believe how absolutley mindblowing this HMZ-T (togther with Nvidia's drivers and Skyrim) is. It's the most immersive gaming experience of my life so far - by a tremendous amount compared to anything I know. Perhaps high end projector users would not be so impressed (though they too have to rely on dimming glasses and images diplayed on top of each other), hard for me to say as I never used a projector for stereo 3d gaming.

If I was swimming in money, I would make a bundle and sent it to Todd Howards and Pete Hines from Bethesda to show them what they are actually missing - it would bring them to tears (they would hide them of course, hehe, but hey, I would know nonetheless, harf!).

Ah, add another drawback (trying to remain as objective as somebody totally blown away can be):
7. Harder to scratch forehead when it itches, damn it :).[/quote]

It works excellent with 3DTV Play, here's what I already wrote on this:

"I have seen the Gates of Oblivion, beyond which no waking eye may see.", Emperor Uriel Septim VII

I just entered the rabbit hole, swallowed the red pill, who knows if waking I may ever see...

The gadget from the future HMZ-T1 3d Personal Viewer from Sony, marvellous 3d Vision tech from Nvidia and the most immersive RPG ever created so far, Skyrim from Bethesda, just decided to form a warband together and carried me right away - off to Never-Never-Land, Enter Sandman :).

It works, Andrew, it works magnificiently well. There are several huge advantages of using the HMZ-T1 over a monitor (but also some drawbacks, which though are rather ignorable compared to the advantages):

1. No loss of colour or light - atmospheric vibrance is 100%ly preserved in stereo 3d: so beautiful, so alive, so free

2. No Ghosting - as in absolutley no ghosting: A blessing for the eyes, no distractions anymore

3. Deep, satisfying stereo 3d, with convergence adjustable as you like - yes, all kind of stuff comes out of that giant screen if you choose appropriate convergence; I wish the max depth was even deeper, ie a defalut screen size below 80inch; now, perhaps I trick myself here, cause I have no double image which I usually use to see maximum bearable depth, but I feel it could be even more; don't get it wrong - it has very good depth already nonetheless

4. Huge screen (what size of illusion you will trick yourself into is subjective I guess, but much larger than my good old Smsung 2233rz, Andrew and team assumed 80 inch, at least that's what the registry hints at; now of course this also depends on the assumed sitting distance)

5. Super fast FPS-wise (it's just 1280*720 res, much welcomed by Skyrim, it's super fluent gameplay this way with a GTX 580 at least, all maxed out)

6. Amazing colours (I use "warm2" as colour tone and display mode "brilliant"), very deep black level, no reaction lag that I perceive at all, these 720p look high resolution still, especially with AA fully in

7. Blends out the real world (not fully, some light goes through, but very, very much, you really sink into it)

8. It's cool to see the screen, no matter where you tilt your head; you can simulate head tracking this way, hehe - of course I wait anxiously for the real thing

9. Play lying, slumped on the couch, with a blanket above your head, whatever... next thing tomorrow is get myself soem wireless mouse, wireless keyboard, gamepad for windows wireless controller, perhaps even some cosy new chair/couch/relax thingy...

10. Even large glasses can be used with it without any problems

11. No sea sickness or isolation feeling or whatever for me, just cool, full immersion

12. Very nice surround headphone sound (I am by far no sound expert though)

Now for the drawbacks:

1. It's a weight on your nose or your forehead, no matter what; this gets strenous when playing over a long time (actually in the neck, too); not horrible, but simply noticable

2. It's hard to rightly adjust; it took me 2 days and I almost was willing to return it actually; have patience, bring time, sleep a night over it or two; bluriness at the edges is your enemy - it's almost gone for me now, a little rest remains though; I use the smallest head piece in the top position; top strap fully closed, three holes visible in back head strap; side fastenings slightly tightened, but not much; a significant part of the weight is on my nose, which allows for the right view angle; actually I like it much more this way than my former high pressure trials resulting in the famous red mark on my front head from all the pressure; liek stereo 3d I think this is partially also a learning process for the brain, so really, take your time

3. Obvious, but: you cannot see the keyboard nor your food or whatever you find handy to look at sometimes

4. While the res appears to me much more tahn mere 1280*720, it's also by perceiption somewhat less than HD or even 1650*1080; with Anti-Aliasing as mentioned above though most of it can be nicely compensated for

5. I still struggle with elegnatly switching it and my monitor, buit this is probably just me

6. Tied to cable and to extra unit - no great mobility (of course perfect for hotel stays etc though)

It's an addictive experience - and I am the hell looking forward to delve deeper into this :).

Best wishes

Bobarr aka youngneil1

and this:

I made myself some batch file which adds a ton of additional depth (or so I imagine, at least now I think it's as deep as I ever could wish for, thanks to Bloody from 3d Vision blog for the instructions: 3d Vision Blog Instructions ; this variant is for 64bit systems):

@Echo Off

@START /D "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim" TESV.exe

@TIMEOUT 10

@REG ADD "HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D" /v MonitorSize /t REG_DWORD /d 50 /f

This I click to start Skyrim and it sets the supposed screensize to HEX 50 (DECIMAL 80) - Nvidia's defaults are at HEX A0 (DECIMAL 160). The decicmal numbers are double the diagnoal of your screen in inch. Now with the HMZ-T it's hard to say what its diagonal is and how far you sit away from it. I found Nvidia defaults good, but longed for more and this does it (or I illusion myself into it here, hehe). The smaller you set that number, the more depth you get. I would be eager to know if this works for you, too, and which settings fit the best for you (depth wheel of the emitter to 100%).

Again, I cannot believe how absolutley mindblowing this HMZ-T (togther with Nvidia's drivers and Skyrim) is. It's the most immersive gaming experience of my life so far - by a tremendous amount compared to anything I know. Perhaps high end projector users would not be so impressed (though they too have to rely on dimming glasses and images diplayed on top of each other), hard for me to say as I never used a projector for stereo 3d gaming.

If I was swimming in money, I would make a bundle and sent it to Todd Howards and Pete Hines from Bethesda to show them what they are actually missing - it would bring them to tears (they would hide them of course, hehe, but hey, I would know nonetheless, harf!).

Ah, add another drawback (trying to remain as objective as somebody totally blown away can be):

7. Harder to scratch forehead when it itches, damn it :).

Posted 11/15/2011 09:32 PM   
I have been playing with the hmz t1 for days now. It really is not comfortable enough to wear for any length of time, thats the biggest downside. I think the deal breaker for me is something that took me a while to figure out. I have a 3d projector and I get the best wow factor from that. THe reason is because you can position yourself close or far depending on your taste. For 3d, I tend to sit pretty close with a 120inch screen, so I have to turn my head to see the edges. This really does give you the feeling you are more inside the image. With the HMD you cannot adjust the virtual seating position. The virtual screen is always the same distance. Since its tied to your head you cannot turn your head so it has to be set back further than I would want for a 3d presentation. THe resolution is good at 720p, but there is more of the screen door issue than a 720p projector has, so it appears to be more rough than the projector. I wear glasses, so I have problems seeing the corners clearly, they are blurred probably because the optics in the hmd combined with my glasses just isnt going to work great. I mean seriously blurred corners. When you plug a computer into it, its really obvious. Your eyes have to be right smack in the exact spot to look good and that thing is too hard to adjust and too uncomfortable.

It does work well and I would say it compares well to a 3d display, but a normal 3d display can get you to 1080p nowadays and since you cannot get closer to that virtual hmd screen, you cannot get closer to that 3d feel. With a normal 3d display, you can get closer to it. I started photography as a 3d photographer and have a bunch of 3d viewers that are 35mm twin 3d viewers, so I have seen a lot of this type of display. I think the resolution cannot compete with other technologies out right now, the immersion is not as good as a projected image or maybe a big 3d display if you sit close, and maybe most importantly the lack of comfort means I will return it and wait for a 1080p projector that can handle 3d at 120hz. I figure that may be about 8 months down the road.
I have been playing with the hmz t1 for days now. It really is not comfortable enough to wear for any length of time, thats the biggest downside. I think the deal breaker for me is something that took me a while to figure out. I have a 3d projector and I get the best wow factor from that. THe reason is because you can position yourself close or far depending on your taste. For 3d, I tend to sit pretty close with a 120inch screen, so I have to turn my head to see the edges. This really does give you the feeling you are more inside the image. With the HMD you cannot adjust the virtual seating position. The virtual screen is always the same distance. Since its tied to your head you cannot turn your head so it has to be set back further than I would want for a 3d presentation. THe resolution is good at 720p, but there is more of the screen door issue than a 720p projector has, so it appears to be more rough than the projector. I wear glasses, so I have problems seeing the corners clearly, they are blurred probably because the optics in the hmd combined with my glasses just isnt going to work great. I mean seriously blurred corners. When you plug a computer into it, its really obvious. Your eyes have to be right smack in the exact spot to look good and that thing is too hard to adjust and too uncomfortable.

It does work well and I would say it compares well to a 3d display, but a normal 3d display can get you to 1080p nowadays and since you cannot get closer to that virtual hmd screen, you cannot get closer to that 3d feel. With a normal 3d display, you can get closer to it. I started photography as a 3d photographer and have a bunch of 3d viewers that are 35mm twin 3d viewers, so I have seen a lot of this type of display. I think the resolution cannot compete with other technologies out right now, the immersion is not as good as a projected image or maybe a big 3d display if you sit close, and maybe most importantly the lack of comfort means I will return it and wait for a 1080p projector that can handle 3d at 120hz. I figure that may be about 8 months down the road.

Posted 11/19/2011 02:17 PM   
Ebay it and get 50%+ more.
Ebay it and get 50%+ more.

Posted 11/20/2011 05:39 AM   
[quote name='eqzitara' date='10 November 2011 - 06:58 PM' timestamp='1320980296' post='1324200']

[/quote]

I love the Projector, its awesome. Way better than the HMZ because of the FOV I get. However the RF glasses ghost about 3/4 down, so if you are close to your screen, if you look down you will see ghosting. However, I just tilt the glasses down a bit and the whole picture is perfect no ghosting. Im actually curious about DLP Link glasses! RF is ok it seems. Not too dark, kinda like 3D Vision I guess, maybe not as dark but because the lenses are so big I think thats where the ghosting issue comes in.

But tilting the glasses does the trick. If Im normal distance (more than 1.5 meters from the wall) the ghosting isnt there. its only when I get close and I have to look through the lenses without moving my head. Does that make sense?

What are the DLP Link glasses like?
[quote name='eqzitara' date='10 November 2011 - 06:58 PM' timestamp='1320980296' post='1324200']

I love the Projector, its awesome. Way better than the HMZ because of the FOV I get. However the RF glasses ghost about 3/4 down, so if you are close to your screen, if you look down you will see ghosting. However, I just tilt the glasses down a bit and the whole picture is perfect no ghosting. Im actually curious about DLP Link glasses! RF is ok it seems. Not too dark, kinda like 3D Vision I guess, maybe not as dark but because the lenses are so big I think thats where the ghosting issue comes in.

But tilting the glasses does the trick. If Im normal distance (more than 1.5 meters from the wall) the ghosting isnt there. its only when I get close and I have to look through the lenses without moving my head. Does that make sense?

What are the DLP Link glasses like?

Windows 8
470GTX
Passive LG LW57000 55"
Optoma HD33
Razer Hydra
TrackIR
Oculus Rift (soon)
Two crossed eyes

Posted 11/20/2011 08:01 AM   
[quote name='scstudios' date='19 November 2011 - 06:17 AM' timestamp='1321712275' post='1329355']

[/quote]

Yep, I totally agree. Projector is a better solution overall, and man I feel like I live in Skyrim when I play on it. Too little FOV, but a decent start.
[quote name='scstudios' date='19 November 2011 - 06:17 AM' timestamp='1321712275' post='1329355']

Yep, I totally agree. Projector is a better solution overall, and man I feel like I live in Skyrim when I play on it. Too little FOV, but a decent start.

Windows 8
470GTX
Passive LG LW57000 55"
Optoma HD33
Razer Hydra
TrackIR
Oculus Rift (soon)
Two crossed eyes

Posted 11/20/2011 08:03 AM   
I wonder how projectors deal with colour fidelity? On the Samsung 2233rz I lost lots of colour vividness when using 3DVision with glasses. Is this different on projectors?

And my TrackIR 5 just arrived - let's see how it works out with the HMZ-T1.
I wonder how projectors deal with colour fidelity? On the Samsung 2233rz I lost lots of colour vividness when using 3DVision with glasses. Is this different on projectors?

And my TrackIR 5 just arrived - let's see how it works out with the HMZ-T1.

Posted 11/20/2011 09:00 AM   
@damien I own 4 different pairs of 3d glasses including 3d vision. My favorite is the Optoma dlp BIG glasses so you have a much bigger FOV. Doesnt reflect to much light and not much color/light loss. Also you can change FOV in skyrim on pc.
@damien I own 4 different pairs of 3d glasses including 3d vision. My favorite is the Optoma dlp BIG glasses so you have a much bigger FOV. Doesnt reflect to much light and not much color/light loss. Also you can change FOV in skyrim on pc.

Posted 11/20/2011 05:47 PM   
Scroll To Top