GTX 560 Ti dramatic FPS drops on BF3 only
  1 / 2    
having any setting on Ultra will cue dramatic and momentary fps drops into the 30's. if i set everything to High, i will stay above 70 fps with the new beta 285.79 drivers released today (which i thought would fix this problem but didn't). i've been monitoring things with Afterburner and i've noticed that GPU usage will also drop at the same time these FPS drops happen. nothing is occurring in the game or on the screen to warrant these drops, FPS will just drop even when nothing is going on or exploding and i'm not even moving or looking around, just idle. they occur quite frequently as well.

2x MSI twin frozr II GTX 560 Ti (880mz default), SLI enabled (but it also happens with SLI disabled, FPS is just less)
intel 2500k OC'd to 4.5ghz (1.310v)
ASUS P8P67 Deluxe B3
8GB G.skill DDR3 1600mhz 8-8-8-24
Corsair 850TX
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

the fps drops have been happening since BF3 was in beta, throughout multiple beta and release drivers. they don't happen in any other game.

i've also read around and seen even ATI users with this problem, anyone have any idea?
having any setting on Ultra will cue dramatic and momentary fps drops into the 30's. if i set everything to High, i will stay above 70 fps with the new beta 285.79 drivers released today (which i thought would fix this problem but didn't). i've been monitoring things with Afterburner and i've noticed that GPU usage will also drop at the same time these FPS drops happen. nothing is occurring in the game or on the screen to warrant these drops, FPS will just drop even when nothing is going on or exploding and i'm not even moving or looking around, just idle. they occur quite frequently as well.

2x MSI twin frozr II GTX 560 Ti (880mz default), SLI enabled (but it also happens with SLI disabled, FPS is just less)

ASUS P8P67 Deluxe B3

Corsair 850TX

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

the fps drops have been happening since BF3 was in beta, throughout multiple beta and release drivers. they don't happen in any other game.

i've also read around and seen even ATI users with this problem, anyone have any idea?

Posted 11/10/2011 10:29 PM   
I get big fps drops when I enable anti aliasing and when the fps drops happen my gpu utilization is 99% on both cards. I realized that the game starts to utilize more and more system ram when the AA is enabled and eventually it crashes because it can not address more then 4GB (32-bit application).
I get big fps drops when I enable anti aliasing and when the fps drops happen my gpu utilization is 99% on both cards. I realized that the game starts to utilize more and more system ram when the AA is enabled and eventually it crashes because it can not address more then 4GB (32-bit application).

Posted 11/11/2011 08:15 AM   
[quote name='snuggans' date='10 November 2011 - 10:29 PM' timestamp='1320964180' post='1323987']

ASUS P8P67 Deluxe B3
Corsair 850TX
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

[/quote]

I experience the same problem on my GTX560 ti, I'm guessing Ultra is swallowing up all the vram and choking the card. Therefore, I just run on the default high settings.

Edit: are your 560's 1 or 2gb
[quote name='snuggans' date='10 November 2011 - 10:29 PM' timestamp='1320964180' post='1323987']

ASUS P8P67 Deluxe B3

Corsair 850TX

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

I experience the same problem on my GTX560 ti, I'm guessing Ultra is swallowing up all the vram and choking the card. Therefore, I just run on the default high settings.

Gigabyte p67x-UDB-3

I5 2500k

EVGA SC gtx 560 ti OC' 900/1800/2106

Corsair vegeance 4g

Corsair 650w PSU

WD 320 HD

N-zero case

Windows 7 64 Home premium.

Browser IE 9/ FIREFOX /occasional TOR browsing.

Uninstalled realtek drivers and using MB HDMI drivers.

Posted 11/11/2011 10:54 AM   
[quote name='Northwoods' date='11 November 2011 - 05:54 AM' timestamp='1321008847' post='1324374']

[/quote]

1GB
[quote name='Northwoods' date='11 November 2011 - 05:54 AM' timestamp='1321008847' post='1324374']

1GB

Posted 11/11/2011 12:12 PM   
[quote name='snuggans' date='11 November 2011 - 06:12 AM' timestamp='1321013562' post='1324401']
1GB
[/quote]

I have two MSI twin FROZr II OC gtx 560 ti in SLi.
I have the same issues. I still have yet to figure it out. I was hoping the last drivers would address the issue. I noticed it made things a little smoother during the dramatic FPS drop, but it still happens. I overclocked, underclocked, stock'd the settings w/ afterburner and it did not make a difference. I have dropped the settings to LOW and also have done custom settings, still eventually get a dramatic FPS drop for the 10-15 seconds it seems.
[quote name='snuggans' date='11 November 2011 - 06:12 AM' timestamp='1321013562' post='1324401']

1GB

I have two MSI twin FROZr II OC gtx 560 ti in SLi.

I have the same issues. I still have yet to figure it out. I was hoping the last drivers would address the issue. I noticed it made things a little smoother during the dramatic FPS drop, but it still happens. I overclocked, underclocked, stock'd the settings w/ afterburner and it did not make a difference. I have dropped the settings to LOW and also have done custom settings, still eventually get a dramatic FPS drop for the 10-15 seconds it seems.

Posted 11/30/2011 04:43 AM   
Ok guys, I have the same issue with my MSI gtx 560 ti TF II, just ONE, no SLI.

You can try to enter following commands into the ingame console:

render.perfoverlayvisible 1

and

render.drawfps 1

Watch the graph in the left lower corner and you will notice how it spikes.

It would be good if someone could upload a screenshot of such a spike.
Ok guys, I have the same issue with my MSI gtx 560 ti TF II, just ONE, no SLI.

You can try to enter following commands into the ingame console:

render.perfoverlayvisible 1

and

render.drawfps 1

Watch the graph in the left lower corner and you will notice how it spikes.

It would be good if someone could upload a screenshot of such a spike.

Posted 11/30/2011 07:26 PM   
I have same problem too on my GTX 560 TI. Extreme FPS drops randomly. The system almost hangs. Its not there in the beginning - starts just after 5 - 10 mins of gameplay. Then it starts getting progressively worse and becomes unplayable. I monitor the GPU activity and everytime the intermittent hang occurs GPU usage goes down to 0%.
I have same problem too on my GTX 560 TI. Extreme FPS drops randomly. The system almost hangs. Its not there in the beginning - starts just after 5 - 10 mins of gameplay. Then it starts getting progressively worse and becomes unplayable. I monitor the GPU activity and everytime the intermittent hang occurs GPU usage goes down to 0%.

Posted 12/04/2011 04:48 AM   
[quote name='shortstuffstorm' date='04 December 2011 - 06:48 AM' timestamp='1322974105' post='1337248']
[/quote]

guys i have same problem with frame drop cuz of the gpu usage drop with all games specially bf3 tried changing 5 drivers and bios and turning all driver setting to performance and made 560ti control physx and didnt fix the problem lol i cant even play bf3 with high settings and no aa.nvidia worest support and driver ever i think ill go back to AMD
[quote name='shortstuffstorm' date='04 December 2011 - 06:48 AM' timestamp='1322974105' post='1337248']

guys i have same problem with frame drop cuz of the gpu usage drop with all games specially bf3 tried changing 5 drivers and bios and turning all driver setting to performance and made 560ti control physx and didnt fix the problem lol i cant even play bf3 with high settings and no aa.nvidia worest support and driver ever i think ill go back to AMD

Posted 12/04/2011 04:01 PM   
[quote name='striker333' date='04 December 2011 - 04:01 PM' timestamp='1323014510' post='1337439']
[/quote]
Same problem here.
It seems like Nvidia deliberately degrade the frame rate when you upgrade to latest nvidia drivers. So that people are fed-up and buy a newer graphics card.
I see drastic frame rate drops, not just in BF3 but in other games with the GTX 560 Ti.

The only drivers that do me good are the 270.61 but the problem with them is that Battlefield 3 crashes!
So I am basically forced to use latest ones in order to play Battleifeld 3. But framerates are significantly worse with the latest Nvidia drivers compared to the 270.61. I tested benchmarks in games like Far Cry 2 and Total War Shogun 2. According to results. I am getting 4-10 fps less with latest Nvidia drivers compared to the old ones..

Marketing strategy from Nvidia... Next time I am going to AMD. At least their drivers don't cut your frame rate.
[quote name='striker333' date='04 December 2011 - 04:01 PM' timestamp='1323014510' post='1337439']

Same problem here.

It seems like Nvidia deliberately degrade the frame rate when you upgrade to latest nvidia drivers. So that people are fed-up and buy a newer graphics card.

I see drastic frame rate drops, not just in BF3 but in other games with the GTX 560 Ti.

The only drivers that do me good are the 270.61 but the problem with them is that Battlefield 3 crashes!

So I am basically forced to use latest ones in order to play Battleifeld 3. But framerates are significantly worse with the latest Nvidia drivers compared to the 270.61. I tested benchmarks in games like Far Cry 2 and Total War Shogun 2. According to results. I am getting 4-10 fps less with latest Nvidia drivers compared to the old ones..

Marketing strategy from Nvidia... Next time I am going to AMD. At least their drivers don't cut your frame rate.

Posted 12/04/2011 05:50 PM   
I am another victim. I have the pny overclocked 560 ti and am experiencing the same fps drops. After a few minutes the fps drops rapidly to around 10 ,then jumps back up to 50 or 60. The fps are all over the place, on ultra settings 2x aa, and high post aa. I have even noticed the fan speed fluctuates more often than any other card i've used before, like it's bogging down or something funky. I just upgraded from from the 550 ti, which had stable frame rates around 30 with these settings! with no sudden drops. so i dont think it can be attributed to my other hardware, and i have a 600 watt psu, and 6gb of ram, quadcore cpu. I REALLY hope this can be fixed with drivers
I am another victim. I have the pny overclocked 560 ti and am experiencing the same fps drops. After a few minutes the fps drops rapidly to around 10 ,then jumps back up to 50 or 60. The fps are all over the place, on ultra settings 2x aa, and high post aa. I have even noticed the fan speed fluctuates more often than any other card i've used before, like it's bogging down or something funky. I just upgraded from from the 550 ti, which had stable frame rates around 30 with these settings! with no sudden drops. so i dont think it can be attributed to my other hardware, and i have a 600 watt psu, and 6gb of ram, quadcore cpu. I REALLY hope this can be fixed with drivers

Posted 12/07/2011 09:17 PM   
hi folks,

I have a gaming pc with 2 gtx 560 ti twinfrozer 2(with frozer3 cooler) from msi a i5 2500k at stock, 850 w full modulair silverstone psu and 12 gigs of gskill 4gb kit and 8 gb kit with 9-9-9-28 and on high i score easily around the 100 frames per second and when i hit the ultra settings at 1080p the framerate was first 80 then 40 and then it bounces between them and it even hit a frame rate of 5 fps and then it came back again and again.I think that there is an sli issue with the driver with this game becouse if not the frames would be only 40 at ultra with this card instead of around 80
hi folks,

I have a gaming pc with 2 gtx 560 ti twinfrozer 2(with frozer3 cooler) from msi a i5 2500k at stock, 850 w full modulair silverstone psu and 12 gigs of gskill 4gb kit and 8 gb kit with 9-9-9-28 and on high i score easily around the 100 frames per second and when i hit the ultra settings at 1080p the framerate was first 80 then 40 and then it bounces between them and it even hit a frame rate of 5 fps and then it came back again and again.I think that there is an sli issue with the driver with this game becouse if not the frames would be only 40 at ultra with this card instead of around 80

Posted 12/07/2011 11:23 PM   
I was having the same problem, yesterday after installing the pny 560 ti oc. I overclocked and installed the beta driver, and still got the momentary fps drops to like 10fps, and rapidly up and down fps. I have a q6600 2.4ghz quad core cpu, 6 gigs of ddr2 ram, 600 watt psu. Today i overclocked my cpu to 3ghz, and the card to 900mhz (from 850). My frame rate now stays above 30, and averages around 45 fps with ultra settings. So my belief is that it has something to do with cpu. i hope it will be fixed with a driver update(perhaps they can make things more efficient for the cpu)wishful thinking maybe. I just dont know how long my cpu can handle the overclock.
I was having the same problem, yesterday after installing the pny 560 ti oc. I overclocked and installed the beta driver, and still got the momentary fps drops to like 10fps, and rapidly up and down fps. I have a q6600 2.4ghz quad core cpu, 6 gigs of ddr2 ram, 600 watt psu. Today i overclocked my cpu to 3ghz, and the card to 900mhz (from 850). My frame rate now stays above 30, and averages around 45 fps with ultra settings. So my belief is that it has something to do with cpu. i hope it will be fixed with a driver update(perhaps they can make things more efficient for the cpu)wishful thinking maybe. I just dont know how long my cpu can handle the overclock.

Posted 12/08/2011 04:42 PM   
I have the same problem, huge framedrops from my AVG 60 FPS to 1~0 FPS, sometimes 5 sec freezing and right after that back to 60~70 FPS. I read about some solutions but nothing helped so far. I also got this perhaps intresting info wich i just posted somewhere on the support page from BF3.

These are my specs WITH the problem:
Q9450 @ 3.6Ghz, 2x2 GB DDR3 @ 1500Mhz, Asus GTX 560 TI TOP

And my best friend WITHOUT the problem :
Q9450 @ 2.6Ghz, 4x1GB DDR3 @ 1333Mhz, Asus GTX 560 TI TOP

We bought the same pc 3.5 years ago, but i overclocked and he didn't, we have the same total amount of ram (4Gb) but not the same amount of ram sticks (shouldn't matter) , recently we upgraded our videocard from a GTX 9800GX2 to a GTX 560 TI. We both run the same OS (win 7 64-bit) and running at 1920x1200 24" monitor
My system runs a 100% stable at this overclock for almoust 3 years now, but to be sure I tried playing the game with my pc at stock speeds, just the same like the other pc.

I don't know what to think, i read about people upgrading from 4 to 8gb ram wich solved the problem but this doesn't make any sense.

This might be helpfull too (posted this also on a thread in the support section of BF3)

I tried some solutions like deleting all nvidia drivers ,clean up registry so nothing from nvidia was left on the system. And installed drivers 275.33 wich are recommended, good working drivers. After that the game runs fine but crashes after about 10 mins. So now installed 290.36 again. This somewhat almoust fixed the problem .It was better for 1 day, still some framedrops but not that bad. 1 day later and it went again from 70 fps AVG to 1 - 0 FPS.

I also tried the console commands wich should fix the stuttering, nothing helps. My old grafix card 9800GX2 that was not good enough for this game , avg 30 fps on low settings is perhaps better then what i have now. At least it stayed stable at 30 FPS
I have the same problem, huge framedrops from my AVG 60 FPS to 1~0 FPS, sometimes 5 sec freezing and right after that back to 60~70 FPS. I read about some solutions but nothing helped so far. I also got this perhaps intresting info wich i just posted somewhere on the support page from BF3.

These are my specs WITH the problem:

Q9450 @ 3.6Ghz, 2x2 GB DDR3 @ 1500Mhz, Asus GTX 560 TI TOP

And my best friend WITHOUT the problem :

Q9450 @ 2.6Ghz, 4x1GB DDR3 @ 1333Mhz, Asus GTX 560 TI TOP

We bought the same pc 3.5 years ago, but i overclocked and he didn't, we have the same total amount of ram (4Gb) but not the same amount of ram sticks (shouldn't matter) , recently we upgraded our videocard from a GTX 9800GX2 to a GTX 560 TI. We both run the same OS (win 7 64-bit) and running at 1920x1200 24" monitor

My system runs a 100% stable at this overclock for almoust 3 years now, but to be sure I tried playing the game with my pc at stock speeds, just the same like the other pc.

I don't know what to think, i read about people upgrading from 4 to 8gb ram wich solved the problem but this doesn't make any sense.

This might be helpfull too (posted this also on a thread in the support section of BF3)

I tried some solutions like deleting all nvidia drivers ,clean up registry so nothing from nvidia was left on the system. And installed drivers 275.33 wich are recommended, good working drivers. After that the game runs fine but crashes after about 10 mins. So now installed 290.36 again. This somewhat almoust fixed the problem .It was better for 1 day, still some framedrops but not that bad. 1 day later and it went again from 70 fps AVG to 1 - 0 FPS.

I also tried the console commands wich should fix the stuttering, nothing helps. My old grafix card 9800GX2 that was not good enough for this game , avg 30 fps on low settings is perhaps better then what i have now. At least it stayed stable at 30 FPS

Posted 12/20/2011 11:04 PM   
Dont know if this helps but I have had no issues at all with my setup with BF3 at all.

Specs
i5 2500k @4.2Ghz
[b]16gb G.Skill Sniper 1600Mhz RAM 4 x 4[/b] 9-9-9-24
Asus P8Z68 V Pro
MSI GTX 560ti Twin Frozr OCII @900mhz (was 880 stock)
285.62 WHQL drivers
PSU Antec EarthWatts 750w

Afterburner says that I use 970mb of Vram when running the game.
Getting solid 50FPS. will drop to High 30's to low 40's in firefights at times but never had the issues that I constantly read about here.

The only real difference I see is that Im running 16gb ram and have the XMP function enabled in the BIOS.

Will be SLi after xmas and report back then.
Dont know if this helps but I have had no issues at all with my setup with BF3 at all.

Specs

i5 2500k @4.2Ghz

16gb G.Skill Sniper 1600Mhz RAM 4 x 4 9-9-9-24

Asus P8Z68 V Pro

MSI GTX 560ti Twin Frozr OCII @900mhz (was 880 stock)

285.62 WHQL drivers

PSU Antec EarthWatts 750w

Afterburner says that I use 970mb of Vram when running the game.

Getting solid 50FPS. will drop to High 30's to low 40's in firefights at times but never had the issues that I constantly read about here.

The only real difference I see is that Im running 16gb ram and have the XMP function enabled in the BIOS.

Will be SLi after xmas and report back then.

Posted 12/21/2011 03:59 AM   
I am also having issues with BF3.

I recently "upgraded" to adding an additional 560ti to my setup..

AMD FX-6100 @ 4.5ghz
8gb G.Skill DDR3 @ 1600
ASROCK 990FX Extreme3
2x 560ti 1GB SLI @ 950mhz
Thermaltake Toughpower TX 875w PSU

On ultra the game shudders and struggles with FPS spiking and dipping all over the place.

I also notice that one of my cards gets considerably hotter than the other one so my thoughts are that the drivers are not scaling the cards correctly.

I believe this because my brother has the exact same setup to me EXCEPT he has: 2x AMD 6850 1gb Xfire. His sits at solid frame rates with no hiccups.

Hopefully nVidia can solve this faster than the time it took for them to fix SLI...
I am also having issues with BF3.

I recently "upgraded" to adding an additional 560ti to my setup..

AMD FX-6100 @ 4.5ghz

8gb G.Skill DDR3 @ 1600

ASROCK 990FX Extreme3

2x 560ti 1GB SLI @ 950mhz

Thermaltake Toughpower TX 875w PSU

On ultra the game shudders and struggles with FPS spiking and dipping all over the place.

I also notice that one of my cards gets considerably hotter than the other one so my thoughts are that the drivers are not scaling the cards correctly.

I believe this because my brother has the exact same setup to me EXCEPT he has: 2x AMD 6850 1gb Xfire. His sits at solid frame rates with no hiccups.

Hopefully nVidia can solve this faster than the time it took for them to fix SLI...

Posted 12/21/2011 01:19 PM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top