Cant Access Nvidia Control Panel: Found Workaround. Same problem with both 285.62 and 285.79
This has happened ever since I purchased my 2 EVGA GTX 580 3gb cards. I had checked them both separately to make sure they worked (ran benchmarks 3dmark11, heaven). Both ran fine separately. The moment I had them installed together, I started to get nvidia control panel issues.. Once the second one was installed, I was expecting the little icon on the system try to tell me your system is SLi compatible. The icon appeared, but no message. I tried to go to the nvidia control panel but wouldn't respond (either through windows control panel, or right-click desktop and select nvidia control panel)...neither would bring up the nvidia control panel. And I dont know the cause...

The way I was finally able to get to the nvidia control panel was by going into services (NVIDIA Display Driver Service) stopping, then starting the service.. I also had to put the service to manual to be able to access the control panel after a restart..

I really rather not have to do this after installing new drivers.. Any help would be appreciated.

System:
Asus P6T
Core i7 920@3.8ghz
6gb ram
creative fatality pro sound card
This has happened ever since I purchased my 2 EVGA GTX 580 3gb cards. I had checked them both separately to make sure they worked (ran benchmarks 3dmark11, heaven). Both ran fine separately. The moment I had them installed together, I started to get nvidia control panel issues.. Once the second one was installed, I was expecting the little icon on the system try to tell me your system is SLi compatible. The icon appeared, but no message. I tried to go to the nvidia control panel but wouldn't respond (either through windows control panel, or right-click desktop and select nvidia control panel)...neither would bring up the nvidia control panel. And I dont know the cause...

The way I was finally able to get to the nvidia control panel was by going into services (NVIDIA Display Driver Service) stopping, then starting the service.. I also had to put the service to manual to be able to access the control panel after a restart..

I really rather not have to do this after installing new drivers.. Any help would be appreciated.

System:

Asus P6T

Core i7 920@3.8ghz

6gb ram

creative fatality pro sound card

Posted 11/10/2011 08:49 PM   
Thats interesting. Have you looked into how you changed the icon and notifications. I had a similar issue a while ago.
Thats interesting. Have you looked into how you changed the icon and notifications. I had a similar issue a while ago.

Case Labs TH10, Rampage IV Extreme, Core i7 3930k @ 4.5ghz, 16gb Corsair Dominator GT @2133, 2x GTX 780ti SC 3gb, Sound Blaster Zx, Corsair AX1200, Aquaero 5 Pro

Custom water cooling, dual loop, all acrylic tubing.

Posted 11/10/2011 11:18 PM   
How many displays do you have connected, and how are they connected. Some people have fixed similar issues simply by connecting their display to a different port.
How many displays do you have connected, and how are they connected. Some people have fixed similar issues simply by connecting their display to a different port.

"This is your code. These are also your bugs. Really. Yes, the API runtime and the
driver have bugs, but this is not one of them. Now go fix it already." -fgiesen

Posted 11/10/2011 11:21 PM   
[quote name='Edra' date='10 November 2011 - 11:18 PM' timestamp='1320967135' post='1324043']
[/quote]

I did a complete uninstall/reinstall of the driver as per the sticky on this forum. Had the same problem when I restarted.. I'm glad you mentioned the icons because I had changed it. I dont like constant notifications. I have removed most of the icons, and the ones I don't care to hear from I selected "hide icons and notifications", including the nvidia one. I changed it back to "only show notifications" and did a restart. The SLi message appeared. Looks like all is well again.. Thanks.
[quote name='Edra' date='10 November 2011 - 11:18 PM' timestamp='1320967135' post='1324043']

I did a complete uninstall/reinstall of the driver as per the sticky on this forum. Had the same problem when I restarted.. I'm glad you mentioned the icons because I had changed it. I dont like constant notifications. I have removed most of the icons, and the ones I don't care to hear from I selected "hide icons and notifications", including the nvidia one. I changed it back to "only show notifications" and did a restart. The SLi message appeared. Looks like all is well again.. Thanks.

Posted 11/11/2011 01:59 AM   
Scroll To Top