RAID Rebuild won't complete
Hi Everyone,

I'm running a 0+1 RAID array with four 500 mg Hitachi HDDs on Windows 7 64bit and my RAID array recently degraded. This has happened before and I attempted to fix it via BIOS (F10) and later via MediaShield by deleting the drive listing an error and then rebuilding the array. Each time the rebuild begins and gets to about 90% complete before failing and again listed the array as degraded. SMART testing is normal, the drives are fully defragmented, and I can't seem to find any errors.

Any ideas?
What would cause the RAID rebuild to nearly complete but fail at the end?
If I have a HDD harware failure, how to I identify which drive is the culprit? They are all the same model. Of note, the error drive is SATA 0.0.

Thanks everyone.

Dan
Hi Everyone,

I'm running a 0+1 RAID array with four 500 mg Hitachi HDDs on Windows 7 64bit and my RAID array recently degraded. This has happened before and I attempted to fix it via BIOS (F10) and later via MediaShield by deleting the drive listing an error and then rebuilding the array. Each time the rebuild begins and gets to about 90% complete before failing and again listed the array as degraded. SMART testing is normal, the drives are fully defragmented, and I can't seem to find any errors.

Any ideas?

What would cause the RAID rebuild to nearly complete but fail at the end?

If I have a HDD harware failure, how to I identify which drive is the culprit? They are all the same model. Of note, the error drive is SATA 0.0.

Thanks everyone.

Dan

Posted 11/10/2011 12:51 AM   
Scroll To Top