ManuelG said:Providing Driver Feedback:
Driver fails to install/complete errors:
If the NVIDIA display driver installer fails to install because of some type of install error, please provide the following information:
1) Desktop/notebook make or model (if you have a custom PC, simply note Custom PC and provide your motherboard make and model)
2) Please indicated the previous driver version you were using
3) How was the driver installed?
-Custom Installation with option Perform Clean Install selected
4) Is Microsoft UAC enabled/disabled?
5) Have you used any registry cleaner/optimizer/security tool since the last successful NVIDIA driver installation?
6) Are you using any anti-virus program? If so, which one?
7) If you can, please follow the instructions below to provide us with your installation logs:
-Open a Command Prompt window.
-Navigate in the Command Prompt window to the folder where the NVIDIA display driver files were extracted to. For Windows 7 x64 for example, it would be:
-Run the following command:
setup.exe -log:"C:\NVlog" -loglevel:6
-We will need the file generated by the setup installer in the c:\nvlog directory. Also, please send us the setupapi log from here:
Another user posted a simpler way for those not familiar with command prompts here:
8) Last but not least, we could also use a Process Monitor log. To do this, download the following utility and unzip it:
Open the program and then choose "Save". The saved file will also help us isolate the cause of your installation issue.
Please note, the above does not include installation errors because the driver does not support your product. If you have a notebook which is not supported by this driver and you would like to request that it be added to a future driver, skip down below to the Notebook Display Driver Request section.
"This is your code. These are also your bugs. Really. Yes, the API runtime and the
driver have bugs, but this is not one of them. Now go fix it already." -fgiesen
NB3: Asus K53SV, Core i5-2410M / HD3000, 2x4GB@1866MHz Crucial, GeForce GT 540M 2GB Optimus, SAMSUNG SSD 830 256GB
You must Log In to add a comment.
New Private Message
Like Us On
Follow Us On
Copyright © 2014 NVIDIA Corporation