Driver Update keeps failing
  1 / 2    
i have a Geforce 220 graphic card and i need to update it so my PC games work. I installed the driver but every time i try to update it i get this:
[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/35kspcx.jpg[/IMG]
can someone please tell me how to fix this?? i seriously need help!
i have a Geforce 220 graphic card and i need to update it so my PC games work. I installed the driver but every time i try to update it i get this:

can someone please tell me how to fix this?? i seriously need help!

Posted 11/09/2011 06:44 PM   
[quote name='ManuelG'][b]Providing Driver Feedback:[/b]

[u][b]Driver fails to install/complete errors:[/b][/u]
If the NVIDIA display driver installer fails to install because of some type of install error, please provide the following information:
1) Desktop/notebook make or model (if you have a custom PC, simply note Custom PC and provide your motherboard make and model)
2) Please indicated the previous driver version you were using
3) How was the driver installed?
-Express Installation
-Custom Installation
-Custom Installation with option Perform Clean Install selected
4) Is Microsoft UAC enabled/disabled?
5) Have you used any registry cleaner/optimizer/security tool since the last successful NVIDIA driver installation?
6) Are you using any anti-virus program? If so, which one?
7) If you can, please follow the instructions below to provide us with your installation logs:

-Open a Command Prompt window.
-Navigate in the Command Prompt window to the folder where the NVIDIA display driver files were extracted to. For Windows 7 x64 for example, it would be:

C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\275.33\Vista 64-bit\English

-Run the following command:

setup.exe -log:"C:\NVlog" -loglevel:6

-We will need the file generated by the setup installer in the c:\nvlog directory. Also, please send us the setupapi log from here:

C:\Windows\INF\Setupapi.*.log

Another user posted a simpler way for those not familiar with command prompts here:
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=200543&view=findpost&p=1240721

8) Last but not least, we could also use a Process Monitor log. To do this, download the following utility and unzip it:
http://technet.microsoft.com/sysinternals/bb896645

Open the program and then choose "Save". The saved file will also help us isolate the cause of your installation issue.

Please note, the above does not include installation errors because the driver does not support your product. If you have a notebook which is not supported by this driver and you would like to request that it be added to a future driver, skip down below to the Notebook Display Driver Request section.[/quote]
ManuelG said:Providing Driver Feedback:

Driver fails to install/complete errors:

If the NVIDIA display driver installer fails to install because of some type of install error, please provide the following information:

1) Desktop/notebook make or model (if you have a custom PC, simply note Custom PC and provide your motherboard make and model)

-Express Installation

-Custom Installation

5) Have you used any registry cleaner/optimizer/security tool since the last successful NVIDIA driver installation?

7) If you can, please follow the instructions below to provide us with your installation logs:

-Navigate in the Command Prompt window to the folder where the NVIDIA display driver files were extracted to. For Windows 7 x64 for example, it would be:

-We will need the file generated by the setup installer in the c:\nvlog directory. Also, please send us the setupapi log from here:

Another user posted a simpler way for those not familiar with command prompts here:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=200543&view=findpost&p=1240721

8) Last but not least, we could also use a Process Monitor log. To do this, download the following utility and unzip it:

http://technet.microsoft.com/sysinternals/bb896645

Open the program and then choose "Save". The saved file will also help us isolate the cause of your installation issue.

Please note, the above does not include installation errors because the driver does not support your product. If you have a notebook which is not supported by this driver and you would like to request that it be added to a future driver, skip down below to the Notebook Display Driver Request section.

"This is your code. These are also your bugs. Really. Yes, the API runtime and the
driver have bugs, but this is not one of them. Now go fix it already." -fgiesen

Posted 11/10/2011 12:44 AM   
^^
i don't understand those questions. can you please explain how to do those or how i can figure them out?
im using windows vista 32 bit
and i am using CC cleaner. could that be causing it?
^^

i don't understand those questions. can you please explain how to do those or how i can figure them out?

im using windows vista 32 bit

and i am using CC cleaner. could that be causing it?

Posted 11/10/2011 01:01 AM   
can someone please help me?

Posted 11/10/2011 01:18 PM   
1) I'm using windows vista 32 bit desktop
2) I don't reakky remember the version of the driver i was using
3) Express Installation
4) I don't know if Microsoft UAC enabled/disabled
5) I have used CC cleaner since my last successful NVIDIA driver installation
6) I am using housecall as an antivirus program
1) I'm using windows vista 32 bit desktop

2) I don't reakky remember the version of the driver i was using

3) Express Installation

4) I don't know if Microsoft UAC enabled/disabled

5) I have used CC cleaner since my last successful NVIDIA driver installation

6) I am using housecall as an antivirus program

Posted 11/10/2011 07:36 PM   
ManuelG said:
Providing Driver Feedback:

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T BE, gigabyte 990fxa-ud7, 8gb ddr3 ram,gainward 560ti x2 in SLI and a 9600GT for the physx
most recent whql battlefield 3 driver
-Express Installation
[b]-Custom Installation[/b]
[b]-Custom Installation with option Perform Clean Install selected[/b]
4) Is Microsoft UAC enabled/[b]disabled[/b]?

no
yes Avast

http://forums.nvidia...dpost&p=1240721

http://technet.micro...ernals/bb896645

Please note, the above does not include installation errors because the driver does not support your product. If you have a notebook which is not supported by this driver and you would like to request that it be added to a future driver, skip down below to the Notebook Display Driver Request section.
ManuelG said:

Providing Driver Feedback:

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T BE, gigabyte 990fxa-ud7, 8gb ddr3 ram,gainward 560ti x2 in SLI and a 9600GT for the physx

most recent whql battlefield 3 driver

-Express Installation

-Custom Installation

no

yes Avast

http://forums.nvidia...dpost&p=1240721

http://technet.micro...ernals/bb896645

Posted 11/10/2011 08:24 PM   
For the moment, do the best you can to uninstall current graphics driver, then check for Windows updates and use the NVIDIA driver Microsoft is providing (275.33 I believe). Once you have done that it should be easier to troubleshoot the problem.
For the moment, do the best you can to uninstall current graphics driver, then check for Windows updates and use the NVIDIA driver Microsoft is providing (275.33 I believe). Once you have done that it should be easier to troubleshoot the problem.

"This is your code. These are also your bugs. Really. Yes, the API runtime and the

Posted 11/10/2011 11:26 PM   
Hello
first try to uninstall the old drivers and after that use [url="http://phyxion.net/item/driver-sweeper.html"]Driver Sweeper[/url] in Windows safe mode to remove the remaining files/registry entries.
Hello

first try to uninstall the old drivers and after that use Driver Sweeper in Windows safe mode to remove the remaining files/registry entries.

NB3: Asus K53SV, Core i5-2410M / HD3000, 2x4GB@1866MHz Crucial, GeForce GT 540M 2GB Optimus, SAMSUNG SSD 830 256GB

Posted 11/11/2011 06:38 AM   
[quote name='MrX1980' date='11 November 2011 - 12:38 AM' timestamp='1320993537' post='1324278']
Hello
first try to uninstall the old drivers and after that use [url="http://phyxion.net/item/driver-sweeper.html"]Driver Sweeper[/url] in Windows safe mode to remove the remaining files/registry entries.
[/quote]

i did that. what should i do next??
[quote name='MrX1980' date='11 November 2011 - 12:38 AM' timestamp='1320993537' post='1324278']

Hello

first try to uninstall the old drivers and after that use Driver Sweeper in Windows safe mode to remove the remaining files/registry entries.

i did that. what should i do next??

Posted 11/11/2011 07:52 PM   

Posted 11/12/2011 07:26 PM   
Now you are using the driver from Windows update?

Posted 11/13/2011 01:36 AM   
[quote name='nvtweakman' date='12 November 2011 - 07:36 PM' timestamp='1321148199' post='1325395']
[/quote]

i updated windows but when i tried to update the driver again it still said "update failed"
i don't think the windows update gave me a driver
[quote name='nvtweakman' date='12 November 2011 - 07:36 PM' timestamp='1321148199' post='1325395']

i updated windows but when i tried to update the driver again it still said "update failed"

i don't think the windows update gave me a driver

Posted 11/13/2011 02:30 AM   
Windows update will offer you a driver if you enable recommended updates.

Posted 11/13/2011 02:39 AM   
[quote name='nvtweakman' date='12 November 2011 - 08:39 PM' timestamp='1321151952' post='1325430']
[/quote]

i tried installing it through windows updates but it keeps failing and it gives me the error code: "800F0104"
[quote name='nvtweakman' date='12 November 2011 - 08:39 PM' timestamp='1321151952' post='1325430']

i tried installing it through windows updates but it keeps failing and it gives me the error code: "800F0104"

Posted 11/14/2011 10:16 PM   
Your system is really hosed if you can't even get drivers from Windows update. I would probably just reinstall Windows at this point.
Your system is really hosed if you can't even get drivers from Windows update. I would probably just reinstall Windows at this point.

Posted 11/15/2011 02:47 AM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top