Skyrim I know it's doubtful but?
  1 / 71    
Any word from nVidia about compatibility?
Any word from nVidia about compatibility?

Posted 11/09/2011 12:14 AM   
no 3D presently. Maybe one day, who knows.
no 3D presently. Maybe one day, who knows.

Posted 11/09/2011 01:39 AM   
After hearing the developer rant against 3D, I know chances aren't good... but... I'm anxiously waiting to see how it works without official support. We should hear soon since Skyrim is now activating on Steam.
After hearing the developer rant against 3D, I know chances aren't good... but... I'm anxiously waiting to see how it works without official support. We should hear soon since Skyrim is now activating on Steam.

Posted 11/09/2011 02:05 AM   
Woohooo preloading on steam /spaz.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':spaz:' />
Can't wait!
Woohooo preloading on steam /spaz.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':spaz:' />

Can't wait!

Posted 11/09/2011 02:28 AM   
none of their games have had official support and they are some of the best 3D games going! i just reloaded morrowind as a holdover for skyrim and it looks perfect in 3D (except sky is too low)
none of their games have had official support and they are some of the best 3D games going! i just reloaded morrowind as a holdover for skyrim and it looks perfect in 3D (except sky is too low)

Posted 11/09/2011 04:21 AM   
Hi

We've tested the game and it had a few issues
[list]
[*]Crosshairs rendered in 2d. Not a huge deal since you can use our 3d crosshair instead and disable Skyrim's (yes they let you)
[*]In night mode the stars render in 2d
[*]Some minor water issues. I think we l recommend turning off the reflection
[/list]

Other than that the game looks really nice in 3d. We will likely rate it Excellent.

We will have a profile in a driver hopefully going out this week.
Hi

• Crosshairs rendered in 2d. Not a huge deal since you can use our 3d crosshair instead and disable Skyrim's (yes they let you)
  • In night mode the stars render in 2d
  • Some minor water issues. I think we l recommend turning off the reflection

Other than that the game looks really nice in 3d. We will likely rate it Excellent.

Posted 11/09/2011 04:58 AM   
[quote name='andrewf@nvidia' date='08 November 2011 - 10:58 PM' timestamp='1320814733' post='1322694']
Hi

[list]
[*]Crosshairs rendered in 2d. Not a huge deal since you can use our 3d crosshair instead and disable Skyrim's (yes they let you)
[/list]

[/quote]
That would be nice and thanks. SLI support?
[quote name='andrewf@nvidia' date='08 November 2011 - 10:58 PM' timestamp='1320814733' post='1322694']

Hi

• Crosshairs rendered in 2d. Not a huge deal since you can use our 3d crosshair instead and disable Skyrim's (yes they let you)

That would be nice and thanks. SLI support?

Posted 11/09/2011 06:00 AM   
[quote name='andrewf@nvidia' date='08 November 2011 - 08:58 PM' timestamp='1320814733' post='1322694']
Hi

[list]
[/list]

[/quote]

That's great news. Knowing the history of Bethesda games, won't be long until the sky/water is modded and fixed. Thanks for alleviating some of the suspense, Andrew!
[quote name='andrewf@nvidia' date='08 November 2011 - 08:58 PM' timestamp='1320814733' post='1322694']

Hi

That's great news. Knowing the history of Bethesda games, won't be long until the sky/water is modded and fixed. Thanks for alleviating some of the suspense, Andrew!

Posted 11/09/2011 06:35 AM   
[quote name='andrewf@nvidia' date='09 November 2011 - 05:58 AM' timestamp='1320814733' post='1322694']
Hi

[list]
[/list]

[/quote]

omg omg OMG!!!! Great news, you made my day! I'm an rpg junkie so I don't care that much for bf3 or codmw3 but this is the news I was waiting for! I've been an elder scrolls fan since arena, and the stars issue is the kind of stuff that usually gets modded like in fallout and oblivion.

What a great year for rpgs in 3d, and sw:tor looks good too, now I only need 200-300 hours of free time /confused.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':confused:' />

thanks a lot andrew!!
[quote name='andrewf@nvidia' date='09 November 2011 - 05:58 AM' timestamp='1320814733' post='1322694']

Hi

omg omg OMG!!!! Great news, you made my day! I'm an rpg junkie so I don't care that much for bf3 or codmw3 but this is the news I was waiting for! I've been an elder scrolls fan since arena, and the stars issue is the kind of stuff that usually gets modded like in fallout and oblivion.

What a great year for rpgs in 3d, and sw:tor looks good too, now I only need 200-300 hours of free time /confused.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':confused:' />

thanks a lot andrew!!

Posted 11/09/2011 06:51 AM   

[/quote]

Great news. I got a 3D vision ready projector just for this game (upgraded from my old Samsung 2233). Glad to see it wasn't a waste. Time to sink into 3D bliss...

Great news. I got a 3D vision ready projector just for this game (upgraded from my old Samsung 2233). Glad to see it wasn't a waste. Time to sink into 3D bliss...

Posted 11/09/2011 07:18 AM   
I think the sky might be at wrong depth still also - can you confirm this Andrew?

Either way, there is a guy at Rage3D named pahncrd that made a sky and water fix mod for 3D Vision users for Oblivion. Hopefully we can coerce him into doing the same for Skyrim.
I think the sky might be at wrong depth still also - can you confirm this Andrew?

Either way, there is a guy at Rage3D named pahncrd that made a sky and water fix mod for 3D Vision users for Oblivion. Hopefully we can coerce him into doing the same for Skyrim.

Posted 11/09/2011 07:19 AM   
[quote name='Arioch' date='09 November 2011 - 12:19 AM' timestamp='1320823142' post='1322761']

[/quote]

Yeah, I will work on it as soon as I get a copy. I doubt I will be able to fix the water reflections, but the sky should just require some mesh edits, assuming current tools will work alright with skyrim.

Incidentally I also made a 3d vision sky fix for Fallout 3 and New Vegas for anyone that didn't know. They are on their respective nexus sites.
[quote name='Arioch' date='09 November 2011 - 12:19 AM' timestamp='1320823142' post='1322761']

Yeah, I will work on it as soon as I get a copy. I doubt I will be able to fix the water reflections, but the sky should just require some mesh edits, assuming current tools will work alright with skyrim.

Incidentally I also made a 3d vision sky fix for Fallout 3 and New Vegas for anyone that didn't know. They are on their respective nexus sites.

The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

--Robert A. Heinlein

Posted 11/09/2011 07:34 AM   
I tried two sky fixes in Fallout3, one of them only moved the sky out just a bit and it wasn't very satisfying, or maybe that was just the Moon, can't remember. I appreciated the effort either way. /thanks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thanks:' />
I tried two sky fixes in Fallout3, one of them only moved the sky out just a bit and it wasn't very satisfying, or maybe that was just the Moon, can't remember. I appreciated the effort either way. /thanks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thanks:' />

46" Samsung ES7500 3DTV (checkerboard, high FOV, highly recommend!) - Metro 2033 3D screens - Mass Effect 1 3D scenery - Metro LL filter realism mod - Flugan's Deus Ex:HR Depth changers - Nvidia online tech support - Nvidia Support number: 1-800-797-6530 - Marissa Alexander has received a new trial :)
Post here for support for 3D in BF4, BF devs will see it

Posted 11/09/2011 07:40 AM   
[quote name='Libertine' date='09 November 2011 - 12:40 AM' timestamp='1320824455' post='1322771']
[/quote]

The newest sky fix for Fallout 3 should put the sky squarely behind anything else in the game. The problem with Fallout 3 and New Vegas is that the sky looks to be only a few feet above your head. The fixes make it so that the sky is much farther up, beyond the tallest buildings. Fallout 3 might require more editing as I haven't messed with the meshes in a while, but I know that the new vegas meshes work well. The moon still looks slightly in front of the night sky, but that is simply because I cannot find the mesh that controls the moon location and depth. It's not in your face though at least.

Here is my Fallout 3 fix. http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=12600

New Vegas fix http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35329

In either case the difference should be immediate and very obvious, and not just the difference of a few feet.
[quote name='Libertine' date='09 November 2011 - 12:40 AM' timestamp='1320824455' post='1322771']

The newest sky fix for Fallout 3 should put the sky squarely behind anything else in the game. The problem with Fallout 3 and New Vegas is that the sky looks to be only a few feet above your head. The fixes make it so that the sky is much farther up, beyond the tallest buildings. Fallout 3 might require more editing as I haven't messed with the meshes in a while, but I know that the new vegas meshes work well. The moon still looks slightly in front of the night sky, but that is simply because I cannot find the mesh that controls the moon location and depth. It's not in your face though at least.

Here is my Fallout 3 fix. http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=12600

In either case the difference should be immediate and very obvious, and not just the difference of a few feet.

The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

--Robert A. Heinlein

Posted 11/09/2011 08:00 AM   
[quote name='pahncrd' date='09 November 2011 - 10:00 AM' timestamp='1320825656' post='1322777']

[/quote]

Hello,

I love your fixes for these games, they are almost perfect. Thank you.
Lets hope the mod-tools still work for Skyrim.

Please post again if you have a new fix ready, can't wait :>

Greetings
[quote name='pahncrd' date='09 November 2011 - 10:00 AM' timestamp='1320825656' post='1322777']

Hello,

I love your fixes for these games, they are almost perfect. Thank you.

Lets hope the mod-tools still work for Skyrim.

Please post again if you have a new fix ready, can't wait :>

Greetings

Posted 11/09/2011 08:44 AM   
  1 / 71    
Scroll To Top