Nvidia display settings are not available and GPU is never used
Hello,

I have a just formatted OEM laptop that is running Windows 7 64bit with a 335M card. I downloaded & installed the latest nvidia drivers but there are a few issues. It has an optimus setup.
Intel HD drivers are also setup.

1) Nvidia control panel will not launch. "Nvidia display settings are not available. You are currently not using any display that is attached to an NVIDIA GPU"
2) The GPU is not used (I can tell by the videos not being properly rendered at all).

I think the whole optimus setup is not recognized somehow... On linux I was able to setup optirun just fine and I have accelerated graphics working great, so I don't think it's a HW issue.

Edit: Also I tried another version of the graphics drivers but without result (280.26)

Any help appreciated.

Best Regards
Hello,

I have a just formatted OEM laptop that is running Windows 7 64bit with a 335M card. I downloaded & installed the latest nvidia drivers but there are a few issues. It has an optimus setup.

Intel HD drivers are also setup.

1) Nvidia control panel will not launch. "Nvidia display settings are not available. You are currently not using any display that is attached to an NVIDIA GPU"

2) The GPU is not used (I can tell by the videos not being properly rendered at all).

I think the whole optimus setup is not recognized somehow... On linux I was able to setup optirun just fine and I have accelerated graphics working great, so I don't think it's a HW issue.

Edit: Also I tried another version of the graphics drivers but without result (280.26)

Any help appreciated.

Best Regards

Posted 11/05/2011 12:49 AM   
Nobody has any ideas or thoughts?
Nobody has any ideas or thoughts?

Posted 11/09/2011 05:48 AM   
What are your specs? What brand? Try OEM drivers, see if that does any difference.
What are your specs? What brand? Try OEM drivers, see if that does any difference.

Posted 11/09/2011 11:16 PM   
[quote name='nilsson' date='10 November 2011 - 01:16 AM' timestamp='1320880618' post='1323245']
[/quote]

Only relevant specs are listed, I don't see what else you would need. The company here assembled it, so it does not have a brand but theirs, and OEM drivers are obviously out of my reach at the moment otherwise we wouldn't be having this discussion; I am trying to obtain them from the company currently.

I am looking for a reason why the official nvidia drivers just wouldn't work properly.

Thanks in advance.
[quote name='nilsson' date='10 November 2011 - 01:16 AM' timestamp='1320880618' post='1323245']

Only relevant specs are listed, I don't see what else you would need. The company here assembled it, so it does not have a brand but theirs, and OEM drivers are obviously out of my reach at the moment otherwise we wouldn't be having this discussion; I am trying to obtain them from the company currently.

I am looking for a reason why the official nvidia drivers just wouldn't work properly.

Thanks in advance.

Posted 11/10/2011 04:55 AM   
I have the same problem with mine Dell Vostro 3700. OS - W7 Professional 64bit

Someone can help us? :)
I have the same problem with mine Dell Vostro 3700. OS - W7 Professional 64bit

Someone can help us? :)

Posted 11/14/2011 07:35 AM   
Scroll To Top