GTX 590 QUAD SLI NOT WORKING
  1 / 2    
Thanks in advance for any help/advice. I just added a second gigabyte gtx 590 to my rig. I was originally using one hooked up via hdmi to a receiver/TV. I have since learned the hard way that HDMI is not feasible in quad sli. I have then used the dvi to rgb adapter and hooked it up to the rgb input on the TV. My problem is, under Nvidia Control panel, when I enable maximum performance, quad sli is not an option. It only enables multi gpu on the one card I have my TV hooked up to. My computer sees and recognizes both cards.

I have tried the following with no luck;
two different sli bridges
removed drivers with clean sweep
clean install of drivers
tried a combination of all the different pcie slots

This is what I have;
CPU - 960 running at 3.8ghz
Mobo - Asus Rampage iii formula
ram - 24gb ddr3
PSU - corsair 1200 watts

Any help or advice is appreciated.
Thanks in advance for any help/advice. I just added a second gigabyte gtx 590 to my rig. I was originally using one hooked up via hdmi to a receiver/TV. I have since learned the hard way that HDMI is not feasible in quad sli. I have then used the dvi to rgb adapter and hooked it up to the rgb input on the TV. My problem is, under Nvidia Control panel, when I enable maximum performance, quad sli is not an option. It only enables multi gpu on the one card I have my TV hooked up to. My computer sees and recognizes both cards.

clean install of drivers

This is what I have;

ram - 24gb ddr3

PSU - corsair 1200 watts

Posted 11/04/2011 11:57 PM   
I have exactly the same problem...

Except config:
Big bang marshal
2 x Asus GTX 590
PSU 1000W

I spent already 2 days on this, reinstalled everything, even OS :(

Except config:

Big bang marshal

2 x Asus GTX 590

PSU 1000W

Posted 11/05/2011 12:10 AM   
[quote name='a.voloshyn' date='05 November 2011 - 12:10 AM' timestamp='1320451834' post='1320600']

Except config:
Big bang marshal
2 x Asus GTX 590
PSU 1000W

[/quote]

It's extrememly frustrating. I'm still searching the net for solutions, if i come across anything elsewhere i'll be sure to let you know.
[quote name='a.voloshyn' date='05 November 2011 - 12:10 AM' timestamp='1320451834' post='1320600']

Except config:

Big bang marshal

2 x Asus GTX 590

PSU 1000W

It's extrememly frustrating. I'm still searching the net for solutions, if i come across anything elsewhere i'll be sure to let you know.

Posted 11/05/2011 12:21 AM   
Same here, 2 EVGA 590's, Rampage III Black, 24GB Crucial, Corsair 1200W, I had it working sli enabled with the beta drivers then started to crash, so SLI is disabled for me.

[quote name='EmbraceMedic' date='04 November 2011 - 04:57 PM' timestamp='1320451050' post='1320597']

clean install of drivers

This is what I have;
ram - 24gb ddr3
PSU - corsair 1200 watts

[/quote]
Same here, 2 EVGA 590's, Rampage III Black, 24GB Crucial, Corsair 1200W, I had it working sli enabled with the beta drivers then started to crash, so SLI is disabled for me.

[quote name='EmbraceMedic' date='04 November 2011 - 04:57 PM' timestamp='1320451050' post='1320597']

clean install of drivers

This is what I have;

ram - 24gb ddr3

PSU - corsair 1200 watts

Posted 11/05/2011 02:33 AM   
@ educky & a.voloshyn, what are you guys outputting to? Single monitor? TV? Multiple monitors? Also, are we all running 24GB of ram? May sound like a really silly question but, could having that kind of ram impact or influence something from not working?

thanks
@ educky & a.voloshyn, what are you guys outputting to? Single monitor? TV? Multiple monitors? Also, are we all running 24GB of ram? May sound like a really silly question but, could having that kind of ram impact or influence something from not working?

thanks

Posted 11/05/2011 02:54 AM   
No, just my one moniter one 1080 P. I just wanted to have over 100 fps constant.
One last question though.

My OC helped and my GPU usage is from 95-98% in the game for first 20 -45 min
after, it drops to 60-70%

any idea why? my temps look fine
60 for cpu and 88 for gpu
No, just my one moniter one 1080 P. I just wanted to have over 100 fps constant.

One last question though.

My OC helped and my GPU usage is from 95-98% in the game for first 20 -45 min

after, it drops to 60-70%

any idea why? my temps look fine

60 for cpu and 88 for gpu

Posted 11/05/2011 04:00 AM   
8 Gb RAM, single monitor here at 1980x1200
8 Gb RAM, single monitor here at 1980x1200

Posted 11/05/2011 09:23 AM   
Single Monitor 1080P, and I doubt 24gb ram is the issue.
Single Monitor 1080P, and I doubt 24gb ram is the issue.

Posted 11/05/2011 09:09 PM   
So, here's an update as to what I learned after being up til 4am with this issue. Starting in safe mode and did a clean sweep of drivers. Clean install of windows didnt fix anything. I was then convinced that this is a hardware issue. Motherboard or GPU. I downloaded MSI afterburner and GPUZ to monitor all four gpu's and learned that one of them is not showing properly in GPUz.
2 GPUs on the one card show as enabled running at the proper core clock speeds and voltages etc. Then the other 2 off the other card show as disabled. When I looked at the GPU's individually I noticed that one of them was running at next to nothing. 50mhz core clock. This same GPU, GPUz tells me is running at 16x 1.1 pcie while all others are 16x 2.0.

The interesting thing is, when I run the cards individually (ie remove one from the system all together), they both run at their full potential respectively.

And the plot thickens! Help! If you've been following this and have any advice I would be very appreciative.
So, here's an update as to what I learned after being up til 4am with this issue. Starting in safe mode and did a clean sweep of drivers. Clean install of windows didnt fix anything. I was then convinced that this is a hardware issue. Motherboard or GPU. I downloaded MSI afterburner and GPUZ to monitor all four gpu's and learned that one of them is not showing properly in GPUz.

2 GPUs on the one card show as enabled running at the proper core clock speeds and voltages etc. Then the other 2 off the other card show as disabled. When I looked at the GPU's individually I noticed that one of them was running at next to nothing. 50mhz core clock. This same GPU, GPUz tells me is running at 16x 1.1 pcie while all others are 16x 2.0.

The interesting thing is, when I run the cards individually (ie remove one from the system all together), they both run at their full potential respectively.

And the plot thickens! Help! If you've been following this and have any advice I would be very appreciative.

Posted 11/05/2011 11:52 PM   
I have just had a tiny bit of success. I rolled back to the earliest possible drivers for the 590. That got Nvidia Control Panel to allow for quad SLI (finally). However when I went to go try out crysis 2 and bf3 they both ran like junk. My gpu load was around 15% per gpu. So is it safe to say this may actually be a driver issue??
For those having the same issues, will you try this out and let me know how you go?

As always if anyone has any tips or advice or a solution ;-) thank you kindly for your help!
I have just had a tiny bit of success. I rolled back to the earliest possible drivers for the 590. That got Nvidia Control Panel to allow for quad SLI (finally). However when I went to go try out crysis 2 and bf3 they both ran like junk. My gpu load was around 15% per gpu. So is it safe to say this may actually be a driver issue??

For those having the same issues, will you try this out and let me know how you go?

As always if anyone has any tips or advice or a solution ;-) thank you kindly for your help!

Posted 11/06/2011 12:31 PM   
I put other motherboard with same cards, same Windows, drivers, same everything, it all works.
Every time I buy MSI, something goes wrong, once I bought MSI motherboard it was so bad and buggy that I thought I should never buy MSI again, time passed and I bought MSI GTX 580, which was also very buggy!! And now I forgot and bought msi big bang marshal, which now does not work with my dual gtx 590! Computer won't even boot if you have Xai mouse in USB port or an android phone. Offcially, that was the last thing I bought from MSI!
I suppose it does not work because it does not have NF200 chip, I might be wrong, it may not work also because it's just retarded mobo. But in any case guys check NF200 chip availability on your mobos.
I put other motherboard with same cards, same Windows, drivers, same everything, it all works.

Every time I buy MSI, something goes wrong, once I bought MSI motherboard it was so bad and buggy that I thought I should never buy MSI again, time passed and I bought MSI GTX 580, which was also very buggy!! And now I forgot and bought msi big bang marshal, which now does not work with my dual gtx 590! Computer won't even boot if you have Xai mouse in USB port or an android phone. Offcially, that was the last thing I bought from MSI!

I suppose it does not work because it does not have NF200 chip, I might be wrong, it may not work also because it's just retarded mobo. But in any case guys check NF200 chip availability on your mobos.

Posted 11/08/2011 12:14 AM   
Quad Works in MW3, not in BF3, Which is a shame. Have to disable SLI to play BF3. I might just take one 590 out and see if single 590 SLI works. but that was a waste for me.
Quad Works in MW3, not in BF3, Which is a shame. Have to disable SLI to play BF3. I might just take one 590 out and see if single 590 SLI works. but that was a waste for me.

Posted 11/09/2011 04:06 PM   
I have the same problème with SLI GTX 590 and big bang marshal B3 and 8go of RAM. GTX 590 are detecte in windows and nvidia I can't actived SLI.
I have the same problème with SLI GTX 590 and big bang marshal B3 and 8go of RAM. GTX 590 are detecte in windows and nvidia I can't actived SLI.

Posted 03/26/2012 09:28 PM   
Just curious ? do you have your physx option set to auto ? If I choose dedicated physx , the quad sli option goes away in the NVCP , I set it to auto and quad sli option is available and works on my older cards .
Just curious ? do you have your physx option set to auto ? If I choose dedicated physx , the quad sli option goes away in the NVCP , I set it to auto and quad sli option is available and works on my older cards .

Posted 03/26/2012 10:55 PM   
[quote name='stalker1' date='27 March 2012 - 12:55 AM' timestamp='1332802532' post='1388286']
[/quote]

Yes in my NVCP I have physx on my cpu. I have instal the lastest driver for motherbord and in my contolpanel I don't have any Unknown material. But I can Forgotten to instal any driver or utility. What is the real proces to instal SLI GTX 590 on big bang marshal?
[quote name='stalker1' date='27 March 2012 - 12:55 AM' timestamp='1332802532' post='1388286']

Yes in my NVCP I have physx on my cpu. I have instal the lastest driver for motherbord and in my contolpanel I don't have any Unknown material. But I can Forgotten to instal any driver or utility. What is the real proces to instal SLI GTX 590 on big bang marshal?

Posted 03/27/2012 01:16 PM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top