Do I *NEED* the emitter?
I have a tv that is on the support listed at the 3DTV Play site. I downloaded the demo and connected everythign up. After I install the demo the sterescopic menu does not appear in the NVidia control panel. If I go to the demo site and manually enable 3d mode on the TV I can see the videos in 3D but no games work.

Reading back over everything it looks like I still need the hardware package with the emitter to enable the menu? Quoting from the 3DTV Play user guide:
"The 3D Vision IR emitter is used to enable 3DTV Play only and does not emit IR codes when 3DTV Play is operating."

Does the emitter serve some "dongle" role to enable the menus even though I'm using my TV and it's own glasses?

Thanks for any input!
I have a tv that is on the support listed at the 3DTV Play site. I downloaded the demo and connected everythign up. After I install the demo the sterescopic menu does not appear in the NVidia control panel. If I go to the demo site and manually enable 3d mode on the TV I can see the videos in 3D but no games work.

Reading back over everything it looks like I still need the hardware package with the emitter to enable the menu? Quoting from the 3DTV Play user guide:

"The 3D Vision IR emitter is used to enable 3DTV Play only and does not emit IR codes when 3DTV Play is operating."

Does the emitter serve some "dongle" role to enable the menus even though I'm using my TV and it's own glasses?

Thanks for any input!

Posted 10/31/2011 12:58 AM   
There are 2 ways to get Nvidia 3DTV Play. One is free for owners of Nvidia 3D Vision kits (emitter), 3DTV Play is enabled as long as the emitter is pluged in. Or you can purchase Nvidia 3DTV Play(currently $39.99)as a standalone product, in which case, you'll be given a product key to enable it and will not need the Nvidia emitter. The problem with the control panel is a installation problem or a driver problem. Try reinstalling the driver or an earlier version.
There are 2 ways to get Nvidia 3DTV Play. One is free for owners of Nvidia 3D Vision kits (emitter), 3DTV Play is enabled as long as the emitter is pluged in. Or you can purchase Nvidia 3DTV Play(currently $39.99)as a standalone product, in which case, you'll be given a product key to enable it and will not need the Nvidia emitter. The problem with the control panel is a installation problem or a driver problem. Try reinstalling the driver or an earlier version.

Posted 10/31/2011 01:34 AM   
Scroll To Top