Windows constantly crashing after nvidia update
Hi,

A few days ago my PC automatically update the driver for my nvidia 8600gt.

Since this update my PC has crashed regularly and now has green or pink lines going across the screen when I start up.

The crashing is especially bad when watching video.

I have tried booting in safe mode, uninstalling and then re installing but thus didn't help. I also tried this again using an older driver from the nvidia site but this didn't work either.

I am running Windows 7

Can anyone help?
Hi,

Since this update my PC has crashed regularly and now has green or pink lines going across the screen when I start up.

I have tried booting in safe mode, uninstalling and then re installing but thus didn't help. I also tried this again using an older driver from the nvidia site but this didn't work either.

I am running Windows 7

Can anyone help?

Posted 10/29/2011 02:42 PM   
Have been playing around this afternoon but no luck.

I took PC apart and dusted it thoroughly, I ran driver sweeper and then tried a full re install in safe mode but no luck.

Has Nvidia commented on this yet?
Have been playing around this afternoon but no luck.

I took PC apart and dusted it thoroughly, I ran driver sweeper and then tried a full re install in safe mode but no luck.

Has Nvidia commented on this yet?

Posted 10/29/2011 05:22 PM   
9800GTX+

Crashing when watching Youtube videos, have to hit reset button. This only started happening when I installed 280.26

Now I can't even install 285.58 "Installation failed" Real great NVIDIA. What's next, does WindowsXP stop working, maybe that's what the next Microsoft update will do.

And where in the hell did my Video options menu go? It use to be under right click desktop, properties, settings, advanced.
9800GTX+

Crashing when watching Youtube videos, have to hit reset button. This only started happening when I installed 280.26

Now I can't even install 285.58 "Installation failed" Real great NVIDIA. What's next, does WindowsXP stop working, maybe that's what the next Microsoft update will do.

And where in the hell did my Video options menu go? It use to be under right click desktop, properties, settings, advanced.

Posted 10/30/2011 02:15 PM   
Same here... don't worry, they don't care!
Same here... don't worry, they don't care!

Posted 11/04/2011 01:15 PM   
NVIDIA are a shower of *****. My computer won't boot up at all now after this update, not even in safe mode. Don't know how the hell i'm going to get it sorted, was planning on buying a new graphics card (NOT NVIDIA) but the problem is I can't boot my computer up to remove the NVIDIA drivers. Hope the idiots face lots of lawsuits over this.
NVIDIA are a shower of *****. My computer won't boot up at all now after this update, not even in safe mode. Don't know how the hell i'm going to get it sorted, was planning on buying a new graphics card (NOT NVIDIA) but the problem is I can't boot my computer up to remove the NVIDIA drivers. Hope the idiots face lots of lawsuits over this.

Posted 11/04/2011 02:19 PM   
[quote name='Bigzyboy' date='29 October 2011 - 03:42 PM' timestamp='1319899365' post='1316785']
Hi,

I am running Windows 7

Can anyone help?
[/quote]

Hi

Issues like this do happen occasionally when the driver is installed via Windows Update, Is this issue still occurring? If so try the following:

- Install the drivers using the "Custom" install option, and select the box for "Perform Clean install"
-This will also help with the general "Install Failed" message that appears during the beginning of the install process.

- Manually install/update to the latest version of Adobe Flash

- If you are experiencing crashes while browsing the internet or watching videos also try this:
-Open the NVIDIA Control Panel, Select Manage 3D Settings
-Change in the "Global settings" tab - Power management mode - Prefer maximum performance.
-Repeat this in the "Program settings" tab for the internet browser you are using.
[quote name='Bigzyboy' date='29 October 2011 - 03:42 PM' timestamp='1319899365' post='1316785']

Hi,

I am running Windows 7

Can anyone help?

Hi

Issues like this do happen occasionally when the driver is installed via Windows Update, Is this issue still occurring? If so try the following:

- Install the drivers using the "Custom" install option, and select the box for "Perform Clean install"

-This will also help with the general "Install Failed" message that appears during the beginning of the install process.

- Manually install/update to the latest version of Adobe Flash

- If you are experiencing crashes while browsing the internet or watching videos also try this:

-Open the NVIDIA Control Panel, Select Manage 3D Settings

-Change in the "Global settings" tab - Power management mode - Prefer maximum performance.

-Repeat this in the "Program settings" tab for the internet browser you are using.

Home::Asus P8Z68 Deluxe::i7 2600k::16g Corsair Vengeance::Samsung 830 120gb SSD(OS)::GTX 980 SLI:Asus ROG Swift PG278Q.
Test rig::P9X79::i7-3820: Gskills 8gb::EVGA GTX 670SC SLI
Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread
Opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of NVIDIA
Email Support:::Beta & Archived Driver Search:::Promo Code Tips

Posted 11/04/2011 10:02 PM   
Scroll To Top