Battlefield 3 Artifact Problems
  1 / 14    
http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee519/RonBurgandy2791/Untitled3.png http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee519/RonBurgandy2791/Untitled-1.png http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee519/RonBurgandy2791/Untitled.png I have been having this happen to me while playing battlefield 3. I can play the single player campaign on ultra high settings no problem. When i play multiplayer it gets like that randomly especially when im in a vehicle. I found out it might be called a "artifact" and was told to check my GPU temperature. Before i tweaked the fan control it was at like 70 degrees celcius now i got it hovering around 40-55 for i am too scared to turn it up all the way in fear of maybe burning it out or something. I have a Nvidia 560 Gtx TI with 8 gigs of RAM a quad core I7 3.4ghz processor I didn't have this problem at all in the beta but then again it was on a infantry only map and maybe a vehicle has something to do with it. Also i have the latest driver (285.62)
http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee519/RonBurgandy2791/Untitled3.png http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee519/RonBurgandy2791/Untitled-1.png http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee519/RonBurgandy2791/Untitled.png I have been having this happen to me while playing battlefield 3. I can play the single player campaign on ultra high settings no problem. When i play multiplayer it gets like that randomly especially when im in a vehicle. I found out it might be called a "artifact" and was told to check my GPU temperature. Before i tweaked the fan control it was at like 70 degrees celcius now i got it hovering around 40-55 for i am too scared to turn it up all the way in fear of maybe burning it out or something. I have a Nvidia 560 Gtx TI with 8 gigs of RAM a quad core I7 3.4ghz processor I didn't have this problem at all in the beta but then again it was on a infantry only map and maybe a vehicle has something to do with it. Also i have the latest driver (285.62)

Posted 10/27/2011 12:00 AM   
Exact same issue here and very similar hardware. My 560ti with the latest drivers plays for a few minutes then has artifacts. Sometimes its huge black circles stretched from my crosshair to an object or just in the world itself. The card stays at or under 63c so it is not overheating issues. I also had this in beta with the beta drivers.

The only ingame setting that seems to effect the artifacts is the mesh textures low|med|high|ultra setting in the Video Options menu. But this maybe only because it effects the draw distance.
Exact same issue here and very similar hardware. My 560ti with the latest drivers plays for a few minutes then has artifacts. Sometimes its huge black circles stretched from my crosshair to an object or just in the world itself. The card stays at or under 63c so it is not overheating issues. I also had this in beta with the beta drivers.

The only ingame setting that seems to effect the artifacts is the mesh textures low|med|high|ultra setting in the Video Options menu. But this maybe only because it effects the draw distance.

Posted 10/27/2011 02:16 AM   
Yeah, I'm having the same problem as you & it only happens on the multiplayer side of things which makes it even more frustrating. Already tried reverting back to an older Nvidia update, still doesn't work & game crashes. Hopefully they send another update that gets this issue resolved. I'm using an Nvidia GTS 250.
Yeah, I'm having the same problem as you & it only happens on the multiplayer side of things which makes it even more frustrating. Already tried reverting back to an older Nvidia update, still doesn't work & game crashes. Hopefully they send another update that gets this issue resolved. I'm using an Nvidia GTS 250.

Posted 10/27/2011 04:15 PM   
The 285.62 Nvidia Driver on my Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti don't work on Battlefield 3.
But only on the large maps, small maps run without a problem.

I get Textures where they don't belong that are purple and pink.

Also which is most annoying and prevents any game play at all is black and white "looks to be ripping" coming from the center of the screen to the edges also the screen flickers with black triangles of all different sized covering the entire screen.

I have ran into more than 10 people with the same video cards that are having this problem.
The 285.62 Nvidia Driver on my Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti don't work on Battlefield 3.

But only on the large maps, small maps run without a problem.

I get Textures where they don't belong that are purple and pink.

Also which is most annoying and prevents any game play at all is black and white "looks to be ripping" coming from the center of the screen to the edges also the screen flickers with black triangles of all different sized covering the entire screen.

I have ran into more than 10 people with the same video cards that are having this problem.

Posted 10/27/2011 05:42 PM   
Exactly the same with my MSI 560GTX Ti.

I thought it happened when I pushed the Q (spot) button. But not always. And almost always only on big outdoor maps.
Exactly the same with my MSI 560GTX Ti.

I thought it happened when I pushed the Q (spot) button. But not always. And almost always only on big outdoor maps.

Posted 10/27/2011 07:19 PM   
I have the same issue, wtf!!!
I have the same issue, wtf!!!

Posted 10/28/2011 08:53 PM   
Nothing to add, just wanted to say i have the exact same problem. I run the game fine on ultra, but this **** pops up at random time, specially when in vehicles.

If someone finds the fix, or if it is fixed by the nvidia dudes please mail me! (projectsangheili@gmail.com)
Nothing to add, just wanted to say i have the exact same problem. I run the game fine on ultra, but this **** pops up at random time, specially when in vehicles.

If someone finds the fix, or if it is fixed by the nvidia dudes please mail me! (projectsangheili@gmail.com)

Posted 10/29/2011 12:18 AM   
Check http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1037861732

That last post says its game related. dunno why he says it or how he knows, but that would mean that it might just be patched out :)

ah check this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5_lbXe0HRU&feature=related
Check http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1037861732

That last post says its game related. dunno why he says it or how he knows, but that would mean that it might just be patched out :)

ah check this:

Posted 10/29/2011 12:25 AM   
I got the same problem and I hope that DICE take a look on this. It must be game-related since I only get this problem when playing BF3 (mostly when I use TAB and change video settings).
I got the same problem and I hope that DICE take a look on this. It must be game-related since I only get this problem when playing BF3 (mostly when I use TAB and change video settings).

Posted 10/30/2011 09:27 AM   
Same here.
Please fix!
My config: WIN7 SP1 64bit, Colorful GTX 560TI at 820MHz or 900MHz, 285.62 Driver
Same here.

Please fix!

My config: WIN7 SP1 64bit, Colorful GTX 560TI at 820MHz or 900MHz, 285.62 Driver

Posted 10/30/2011 04:03 PM   
Same problem here using the 560 ti + i7 2600k + asus p8z68-v
Same problem here using the 560 ti + i7 2600k + asus p8z68-v

|Asus P8Z68-V|GeForce GTX 680|i7 2600k|Antec Kuhler 620|8GB Corsair Vegeance 1600|Corsair GS700|Haf 922|Benq XL2410T|

Posted 10/30/2011 06:18 PM   
Same problem here. GTX 460, ASUS M4A89GTD PRO USB3, Windows 7 64bit
Same problem here. GTX 460, ASUS M4A89GTD PRO USB3, Windows 7 64bit

Posted 10/30/2011 06:37 PM   
Just thought I would throw this out there in case it helps a few people. My brother was having the same artifacting problem in BF3. Running a 560ti and an amd CPU. Always around 60 FPS, but mainly wide open maps became unplayable due to the artifacting no matter what the video settings(no overheating). I went into his BIOS and disabled a setting that automatically configured his GPU frequency(and possibly voltage)and the game is now perfect. Played about 10 hours with no problems, when before it could hardly make it through a map.
Just thought I would throw this out there in case it helps a few people. My brother was having the same artifacting problem in BF3. Running a 560ti and an amd CPU. Always around 60 FPS, but mainly wide open maps became unplayable due to the artifacting no matter what the video settings(no overheating). I went into his BIOS and disabled a setting that automatically configured his GPU frequency(and possibly voltage)and the game is now perfect. Played about 10 hours with no problems, when before it could hardly make it through a map.

Posted 10/30/2011 08:24 PM   
[quote name='mlt7467' date='31 October 2011 - 04:24 AM' timestamp='1320006263' post='1317523']
[/quote]

You mean modify the display card bios?
Mainboard BIOS shall not affect the GPU frequency and voltage.
[quote name='mlt7467' date='31 October 2011 - 04:24 AM' timestamp='1320006263' post='1317523']

You mean modify the display card bios?

Mainboard BIOS shall not affect the GPU frequency and voltage.

Posted 10/31/2011 08:41 AM   
why the 90% of us have 560 ti and the rest 10% have 460? Maybe its something with the GTX x60 series :P . I mean seriusly this sucks. My card costs 230 euros.... its not acceptable. Nvidia please make a proper driver that does not crash and does not artifacting.
why the 90% of us have 560 ti and the rest 10% have 460? Maybe its something with the GTX x60 series :P . I mean seriusly this sucks. My card costs 230 euros.... its not acceptable. Nvidia please make a proper driver that does not crash and does not artifacting.

Posted 11/01/2011 06:04 PM   
  1 / 14    
Scroll To Top