bf3 and graphic card
Hello, I need your help please, my pc barely runs BF3 at low settings, it looks terrible I can't stand playing like that. I have a Lenovo H405 7723-1CU Desktop PC - AMD Athlon X4 645 3.10GHz, 4GB ram, win 7 graphics card is an nvidia 9500gt 1gb ddr2 I for certain know that GPU has to be replaced but what about the power supply? I want to keep costs down for the graphics card, a maximum of $150-$170, whats the best I could get for that price and I dont really know how much a power supply costs and which would be a good one (price,brand etc) [url="http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7120328&CatId=4928"]My link[/url]

thanks in advance
Hello, I need your help please, my pc barely runs BF3 at low settings, it looks terrible I can't stand playing like that. I have a Lenovo H405 7723-1CU Desktop PC - AMD Athlon X4 645 3.10GHz, 4GB ram, win 7 graphics card is an nvidia 9500gt 1gb ddr2 I for certain know that GPU has to be replaced but what about the power supply? I want to keep costs down for the graphics card, a maximum of $150-$170, whats the best I could get for that price and I dont really know how much a power supply costs and which would be a good one (price,brand etc) My link

thanks in advance

Posted 10/26/2011 11:36 PM   
BF3 is terrible?? how do you mean?
Im running BF3 on a geforce 8800gtx and i have all my textures settings up high but with antialiasing off along with motion blur. the game looks amazing, yet you have the 9series. Ive completed the campaign on hard and im now enjoying multiplayer. I'am however getting driver issues again which is why im here. had a full day session yesturday and now im unable to play it altogether. due to driver issues. I do know however that the 8800gtx is still better than the 9series in clockspeeds. the 9 series just benefit from more memory.

As for your power supply, i'd recommend getting yourself a high wattage one which will be fine for future upgrades. I run a 1400watt power supply yet most of it never gets used. Its great to know that if i do upgrade my specs, i wont need to think about the power. I'd imagine you would be fine with an 800watt, and get somethign like a thermaltake brand. Ive never had a single issue with thermaltake and very reliable.

Im running BF3 on a geforce 8800gtx and i have all my textures settings up high but with antialiasing off along with motion blur. the game looks amazing, yet you have the 9series. Ive completed the campaign on hard and im now enjoying multiplayer. I'am however getting driver issues again which is why im here. had a full day session yesturday and now im unable to play it altogether. due to driver issues. I do know however that the 8800gtx is still better than the 9series in clockspeeds. the 9 series just benefit from more memory.

As for your power supply, i'd recommend getting yourself a high wattage one which will be fine for future upgrades. I run a 1400watt power supply yet most of it never gets used. Its great to know that if i do upgrade my specs, i wont need to think about the power. I'd imagine you would be fine with an 800watt, and get somethign like a thermaltake brand. Ive never had a single issue with thermaltake and very reliable.

Windows Vista 64bit ultimate.

Nforce 680i sli motherboard - (BFG. Nvidia).

Intel Q6600 2.40Ghz Core Quad Processor.

NVIDIA Geforce 8800GTX - (ASUS. 768mb. DDR3).

8 gig (RAM) memory.

2x 500GB SATA2 HardDrives.

1x Monitor - primary 19". (currently)

2x Monitors - primary 19". secondary 42". (since 301.42 drivers. i get bluescreen if i use multiple monitors)

Posted 10/28/2011 06:24 PM   
[quote name='Harizimo' date='28 October 2011 - 01:24 PM' timestamp='1319826297' post='1316266']

[/quote]

From what I found your card is ddr3, mine is ddr2 I believe those are the clocking speeds you were talking about. I might buy the 8800gtx is pretty cheap now, how much fps do you get with high settings? and are you able to play online without any problems?and would this be a good buy regarding the power supply? [url="http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-80PLUS-BRONZE-SLI-Ready-TR-800P/dp/B003O520JC/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1319849017&sr=8-8"]My link[/url] thanks a lot man. I am eager to play this game but card even struggles at low settings.
[quote name='Harizimo' date='28 October 2011 - 01:24 PM' timestamp='1319826297' post='1316266']

From what I found your card is ddr3, mine is ddr2 I believe those are the clocking speeds you were talking about. I might buy the 8800gtx is pretty cheap now, how much fps do you get with high settings? and are you able to play online without any problems?and would this be a good buy regarding the power supply? My link thanks a lot man. I am eager to play this game but card even struggles at low settings.

Posted 10/29/2011 12:49 AM   
[quote name='AliasJR' date='29 October 2011 - 12:49 AM' timestamp='1319849391' post='1316490']
From what I found your card is ddr3, mine is ddr2 I believe those are the clocking speeds you were talking about. I might buy the 8800gtx is pretty cheap now, how much fps do you get with high settings? and are you able to play online without any problems?and would this be a good buy regarding the power supply? [url="http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-80PLUS-BRONZE-SLI-Ready-TR-800P/dp/B003O520JC/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1319849017&sr=8-8"]My link[/url] thanks a lot man. I am eager to play this game but card even struggles at low settings.
[/quote]

That power supply seems fine. However just to make sure, check out all your current hardware and what wattage they all need, and add them altogether. you shouldnt need to do the research but it may give you an idea of what power supply wattage you need, but like i mentioned previously. Think about the future. When you upgrade your gpu and or motherboard etc, remember that it will save you money getting a reliable powersupply that can take a heavy load for future upgrades. You may want to go SLI maybe requiring multiple gpu's etc. for example.

Its not worth you buying the 8800gtx now as its almost impossible to find them on the market. its also not worth it. i got perhaps another year before i need to upgrade myself. Your better off going for a DX11 compatible card, such as the 400series. they dont cost an awfull lot and it will compete for atleast 3-4 more years. The geforce 8800gtx is starting to become limited in terms of next gen gaming. i bought the card 3 years ago and its taken up until bf3 to realise that i cant put all my settings at full.

antialiasing is a no no for the 8series. anialiasing is the sharpness of buildings at mdeium to long distances.

my current settings in bf3 are as follows:

graphics quality - custom
texture quality - ultra
shadow quality - ultra
effects quality - ultra
mesh quality - ultra
terrain - quality - medium
terrain decoration - ultra
antialiasing deferred - off
antialiasing post - off
motion blur - off
anisotropic filter - 8x
ambient occlusion - SSAO

Im not sure what my fps is but it runs very smoothly. sometimes it lags but its the servers not me. Dice has stability issues unfortunately. BF3 suffers on 64/6player maps, due to lag.

Hope that helps.
[quote name='AliasJR' date='29 October 2011 - 12:49 AM' timestamp='1319849391' post='1316490']

From what I found your card is ddr3, mine is ddr2 I believe those are the clocking speeds you were talking about. I might buy the 8800gtx is pretty cheap now, how much fps do you get with high settings? and are you able to play online without any problems?and would this be a good buy regarding the power supply? My link thanks a lot man. I am eager to play this game but card even struggles at low settings.

That power supply seems fine. However just to make sure, check out all your current hardware and what wattage they all need, and add them altogether. you shouldnt need to do the research but it may give you an idea of what power supply wattage you need, but like i mentioned previously. Think about the future. When you upgrade your gpu and or motherboard etc, remember that it will save you money getting a reliable powersupply that can take a heavy load for future upgrades. You may want to go SLI maybe requiring multiple gpu's etc. for example.

Its not worth you buying the 8800gtx now as its almost impossible to find them on the market. its also not worth it. i got perhaps another year before i need to upgrade myself. Your better off going for a DX11 compatible card, such as the 400series. they dont cost an awfull lot and it will compete for atleast 3-4 more years. The geforce 8800gtx is starting to become limited in terms of next gen gaming. i bought the card 3 years ago and its taken up until bf3 to realise that i cant put all my settings at full.

antialiasing is a no no for the 8series. anialiasing is the sharpness of buildings at mdeium to long distances.

texture quality - ultra

shadow quality - ultra

effects quality - ultra

mesh quality - ultra

antialiasing post - off

motion blur - off

anisotropic filter - 8x

ambient occlusion - SSAO

Im not sure what my fps is but it runs very smoothly. sometimes it lags but its the servers not me. Dice has stability issues unfortunately. BF3 suffers on 64/6player maps, due to lag.

Hope that helps.

8 gig (RAM) memory.

2x Monitors - primary 19". secondary 42". (since 301.42 drivers. i get bluescreen if i use multiple monitors)

Posted 10/30/2011 11:07 PM   
[quote name='Harizimo' date='30 October 2011 - 03:07 PM' timestamp='1320016042' post='1317623']

texture quality - ultra
shadow quality - ultra
effects quality - ultra
mesh quality - ultra
antialiasing post - off
motion blur - off
anisotropic filter - 8x
ambient occlusion - SSAO

Hope that helps.
[/quote]

and what card do you have ?
[quote name='Harizimo' date='30 October 2011 - 03:07 PM' timestamp='1320016042' post='1317623']

texture quality - ultra

shadow quality - ultra

effects quality - ultra

mesh quality - ultra

antialiasing post - off

motion blur - off

anisotropic filter - 8x

ambient occlusion - SSAO

Hope that helps.

and what card do you have ?

Posted 10/31/2011 12:04 AM   
nvidia geforce 8800gtx. (DX10 gpu)
Im pretty sure i mentioned it enough lol.

After i sent that massage, i turned down the anisotropic filter to 4x instead of 8x. Reason being is that on caspian border with 64/64 players, i was involved in a huge battle with alot of people in 1 area. as a result i started to get low fps. once i turned that down to 4x it was fine.
nvidia geforce 8800gtx. (DX10 gpu)

Im pretty sure i mentioned it enough lol.

After i sent that massage, i turned down the anisotropic filter to 4x instead of 8x. Reason being is that on caspian border with 64/64 players, i was involved in a huge battle with alot of people in 1 area. as a result i started to get low fps. once i turned that down to 4x it was fine.

8 gig (RAM) memory.

Posted 10/31/2011 05:37 PM   
what drivers are you useing
what drivers are you useing

Case Ultra Defender

MotherBoard Asus M4A785-M

AMD Phenom II X2 545 @ 3.5 GHz

3 GB (DDR2 SDRAM) 2x1024 2x512 @ 914 mhz

1 XFX 9600gt 700MHz, 821MHz, 1750 MHz

OCZ gamexstream 600 watt

1 250GB SATA II (7200rpm, 8MB cache)

2 320GB SATA II (7200rpm, 16MB cache)

Windows 7 ULT (32bit)

Acer 22 inch LCD @ 1920x1080

Posted 10/31/2011 05:42 PM   
im using the latest nvidia official drivers.
Version 285.62 whql. (not beta. Official)
http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/win7-winvista-64bit-285.62-whql-driver-uk.html

Driver issues:

There is still problems with these drivers. I have witnessed on a rare occasion that it flickers a red screen while in gameplay. its not annoying for me as it doesnt last for long nor is it constant. The game also has graphical defects such as long triangular narrow lines, that seem to stretch across the screen when you pass certain light emittors. Looking on the forums, everyone is experiencing these issues even if you have the brand new gpu's. in alot of respects, the game is worse now in operation metro than it did in open beta. operation metro suffers alot of issues concerning the mortars hitting the ground causing people to fall through the floor. im pretty sure it only takes the devs to take mortars out of the level to make it run fine.

These drivers can also be a little touch and go from time to time. Personally i dont turn off my pc all that often and it keeps running throughout the night while unused. if i was to play bf3 for quite a long stretch and leave the computer for gone 8-10 hours, i have noticed that bf3 crashes instantly ingame after finding the first server to join. A notification does appear about a direct x error. Ive been unable to copy and paste it so i havent been able to write it down. This problem doesnt happen very often but it does seem to come up when the computer is left on idle for quite sometime. A simple computer restart sorts the problem out and the game runs fine again with no crashes. I have noticed that even when i play bf3 and i leave the computer for an hour or two before playing again that this problem doesnt happen, and seems to only relate to the drivers crashing after a long length of idleness.

Like i mentioned previously. the 8800gtx runs very smoothly and looks gorgeous in game, especially as its minimum requirements. You dont get pleasure out of dx11 because the gpu isnt compatible, but even in dx10, its very peachy. The frostbite 2 engine reminds me of crysis franchise and its beautiful looks. Im not sure as to what benefits you get from a dx11 card alone but in dx10 it runs fine. what i do suggest you guys do is to go buy a dx11 card such as the 400series rather than than the 8800gtx. the reason being is not because of problems but with life. The 8series gpu's probably only have another year left before games will start to need dx11 rather than dx10. plus antialiasing and anisotropic settings have to be put low or off, unless you start to experience graphical issues, which the card cant do.

hope that helps.
im using the latest nvidia official drivers.

Version 285.62 whql. (not beta. Official)

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/win7-winvista-64bit-285.62-whql-driver-uk.html

Driver issues:

There is still problems with these drivers. I have witnessed on a rare occasion that it flickers a red screen while in gameplay. its not annoying for me as it doesnt last for long nor is it constant. The game also has graphical defects such as long triangular narrow lines, that seem to stretch across the screen when you pass certain light emittors. Looking on the forums, everyone is experiencing these issues even if you have the brand new gpu's. in alot of respects, the game is worse now in operation metro than it did in open beta. operation metro suffers alot of issues concerning the mortars hitting the ground causing people to fall through the floor. im pretty sure it only takes the devs to take mortars out of the level to make it run fine.

These drivers can also be a little touch and go from time to time. Personally i dont turn off my pc all that often and it keeps running throughout the night while unused. if i was to play bf3 for quite a long stretch and leave the computer for gone 8-10 hours, i have noticed that bf3 crashes instantly ingame after finding the first server to join. A notification does appear about a direct x error. Ive been unable to copy and paste it so i havent been able to write it down. This problem doesnt happen very often but it does seem to come up when the computer is left on idle for quite sometime. A simple computer restart sorts the problem out and the game runs fine again with no crashes. I have noticed that even when i play bf3 and i leave the computer for an hour or two before playing again that this problem doesnt happen, and seems to only relate to the drivers crashing after a long length of idleness.

Like i mentioned previously. the 8800gtx runs very smoothly and looks gorgeous in game, especially as its minimum requirements. You dont get pleasure out of dx11 because the gpu isnt compatible, but even in dx10, its very peachy. The frostbite 2 engine reminds me of crysis franchise and its beautiful looks. Im not sure as to what benefits you get from a dx11 card alone but in dx10 it runs fine. what i do suggest you guys do is to go buy a dx11 card such as the 400series rather than than the 8800gtx. the reason being is not because of problems but with life. The 8series gpu's probably only have another year left before games will start to need dx11 rather than dx10. plus antialiasing and anisotropic settings have to be put low or off, unless you start to experience graphical issues, which the card cant do.

hope that helps.

8 gig (RAM) memory.

Posted 11/02/2011 05:15 AM   
this is the error i get when my pc is idle for a certain amount of time. In order to ignore this error. you have to restart the pc and play the game. for some reason the drivers decide to stop working.

DirectX Error

DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with
DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED: Hardware device removed.. GPU:
"NVIDIA Geforce8800GTX", Driver:28562. This error is usually caused
by the graphics driver crashing; try installing the latest drivers. Also,
make sure you have a supported graphics card with atleast 512MB.
this is the error i get when my pc is idle for a certain amount of time. In order to ignore this error. you have to restart the pc and play the game. for some reason the drivers decide to stop working.

DirectX Error

DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED: Hardware device removed.. GPU:

"NVIDIA Geforce8800GTX", Driver:28562. This error is usually caused

by the graphics driver crashing; try installing the latest drivers. Also,

make sure you have a supported graphics card with atleast 512MB.

8 gig (RAM) memory.

Posted 11/03/2011 02:34 AM   
I get sometimes this Error with BF3:

DirectXfunction "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG: Device hung due to badly formed commands.. GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+", Driver:29573

Soft-/Hardware:
Windows 2.6.1.7601 SP1
Mainboard/CPU: Abit AB9 QuadGT (Intel965+ICH8R) with Intel QuadCore Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz
RAM: AENEON 2x 2GB RAM (4293386240) // PC2-6400 // 6-5-5-18-2T
Graphics: 512 MB GDDR3 Manli NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+ // BIOS: 62.92.62.00.08
Driver-dll: nvd3dum.dll (8.17.12.9573)

Settings:
FullHD (Acer G245H @ 1920x1080) with BF3-Video-Options set to Auto

Hope the next release will fix the issue (never got this or any other error with previous releases)

Regards
diablo4711

PS: ask any questions via email please ...
I get sometimes this Error with BF3:

DirectXfunction "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG: Device hung due to badly formed commands.. GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+", Driver:29573

Soft-/Hardware:

Windows 2.6.1.7601 SP1

Mainboard/CPU: Abit AB9 QuadGT (Intel965+ICH8R) with Intel QuadCore Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz

RAM: AENEON 2x 2GB RAM (4293386240) // PC2-6400 // 6-5-5-18-2T

Graphics: 512 MB GDDR3 Manli NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+ // BIOS: 62.92.62.00.08

Driver-dll: nvd3dum.dll (8.17.12.9573)

Settings:

FullHD (Acer G245H @ 1920x1080) with BF3-Video-Options set to Auto

Hope the next release will fix the issue (never got this or any other error with previous releases)

Regards

diablo4711

PS: ask any questions via email please ...

Posted 03/12/2012 05:48 PM   
I'm running a 560 gtx I've also heard reports of people with 600 gtx series having the same issue with games such as Medal Of honor Warfighter, Crysis series, and Hitman absolution.. What I hate is the game developers and the hardware folks are pointing the finger at each other. and not fixing the problem.. When nvidia made a new update for the nvidia experience I've experienced these issues.. What I've found out is this update isn't getting along with Windows 8.. Most people I've seen with this has an Windows 8 os... Windows 8 isn't a bad os but its ahead of its game that these issues are coming up..
I'm running a 560 gtx I've also heard reports of people with 600 gtx series having the same issue with games such as Medal Of honor Warfighter, Crysis series, and Hitman absolution..

What I hate is the game developers and the hardware folks are pointing the finger at each other. and not fixing the problem..

When nvidia made a new update for the nvidia experience I've experienced these issues..

What I've found out is this update isn't getting along with Windows 8.. Most people I've seen with this has an Windows 8 os...

Windows 8 isn't a bad os but its ahead of its game that these issues are coming up..

Posted 07/04/2013 04:43 AM   
Scroll To Top