NVIDIA 285.62 WHQL No Video in Windows Media Center 285.62 windows media center no video
  1 / 5    
After doing a clean install of the 285.62 WHQL drivers for my Nvidia GTX 580 I lost my video playback in Windows Media Center and Windows Media Player. I only got audio and a blank screen.

Going back and doing a clean install of the Beta 285.38 drivers fixed the problem.
After doing a clean install of the 285.62 WHQL drivers for my Nvidia GTX 580 I lost my video playback in Windows Media Center and Windows Media Player. I only got audio and a blank screen.

Going back and doing a clean install of the Beta 285.38 drivers fixed the problem.

Posted 10/26/2011 11:25 AM   
The exact same thing happened to me, had to roll the driver back to previous driver 280.26 and all was back to normal! Might give the beta you mentioned a try.
The new 285.62 driver also affected my games by making them stutter and the frame rate went down to av 17 instead of usual 47!
The exact same thing happened to me, had to roll the driver back to previous driver 280.26 and all was back to normal! Might give the beta you mentioned a try.

The new 285.62 driver also affected my games by making them stutter and the frame rate went down to av 17 instead of usual 47!

Posted 10/26/2011 11:57 AM   
[quote name='CageFT' date='26 October 2011 - 02:25 PM' timestamp='1319628335' post='1314557']

[/quote]
+1 GTX 470 win7x64sp1
[quote name='CageFT' date='26 October 2011 - 02:25 PM' timestamp='1319628335' post='1314557']

+1 GTX 470 win7x64sp1

Posted 10/26/2011 12:21 PM   
Hello, fairly new the the PC gaming arena, just built my gaming rig in August, i72600k (not overclocked yet) and an ASUS GTX GeForce 580, again not over clocked yet.

Anyway I built this specifically for BF3, but was able to sell my GF on having it in my main room on my 47 LED TV by installing a ceton infi4 tv tuner. Everything has been great, the games have looked amazing, especially coming from the console era for the last 20 years, and everything has been fine save for a few BSOD in WMC, that's the only program I've ever had issues with.

So last night I updated to the new driver like the rest of you and I too am getting nothing but a black screen when trying to watch live or recorded tv through WMC, audio is fine, menus are fine, everything else is fine, just the black screen/no video because of the new driver.

Has anyone figured this one out yet, or been on the phone/chat with Nvidia?

Really want to fix this without rolling back to old driver as then I won't be able to play BF3 and I'm guessing going back and forth between drivers constantly is a pretty bad idea.

Need some help here. Does Nvidia have anyone reading these forums offering assitance?
Hello, fairly new the the PC gaming arena, just built my gaming rig in August, i72600k (not overclocked yet) and an ASUS GTX GeForce 580, again not over clocked yet.

Anyway I built this specifically for BF3, but was able to sell my GF on having it in my main room on my 47 LED TV by installing a ceton infi4 tv tuner. Everything has been great, the games have looked amazing, especially coming from the console era for the last 20 years, and everything has been fine save for a few BSOD in WMC, that's the only program I've ever had issues with.

So last night I updated to the new driver like the rest of you and I too am getting nothing but a black screen when trying to watch live or recorded tv through WMC, audio is fine, menus are fine, everything else is fine, just the black screen/no video because of the new driver.

Really want to fix this without rolling back to old driver as then I won't be able to play BF3 and I'm guessing going back and forth between drivers constantly is a pretty bad idea.

Need some help here. Does Nvidia have anyone reading these forums offering assitance?

Posted 10/26/2011 01:53 PM   
btw, BF3 looks wonderful for me, definitely not having any issues with the game
btw, BF3 looks wonderful for me, definitely not having any issues with the game

Posted 10/26/2011 01:55 PM   
[quote name='Feelgood' date='26 October 2011 - 01:53 PM' timestamp='1319637187' post='1314642']

[/quote]
[quote name='Feelgood' date='26 October 2011 - 01:53 PM' timestamp='1319637187' post='1314642']

Posted 10/26/2011 02:04 PM   
As original poster said try installing the 285.38 beta driver, I did and WMC was back to normal as were my games and I believe the 285.38 beta supports BF3. Hope this helps.
As original poster said try installing the 285.38 beta driver, I did and WMC was back to normal as were my games and I believe the 285.38 beta supports BF3. Hope this helps.

Posted 10/26/2011 02:09 PM   
Asus GT430, new driver 285.62 and Windows Media Center no TV (video). Grrr... NVIDIA Recommended 285.62, I no.
Old driver 280.26 is OK.
Asus GT430, new driver 285.62 and Windows Media Center no TV (video). Grrr... NVIDIA Recommended 285.62, I no.

Old driver 280.26 is OK.

Posted 10/26/2011 05:19 PM   
Same problem here.

GTX 560Ti
Same problem here.

GTX 560Ti

Posted 10/26/2011 07:50 PM   
GTX550 Ti --> Same problem i have downgraded to v.280 and all return ok..
Is possible to fix the latest driver?
GTX550 Ti --> Same problem i have downgraded to v.280 and all return ok..

Is possible to fix the latest driver?

Badog1

Posted 10/26/2011 10:59 PM   
Same, GTX 570. The most recent 285.38 betas work fine. Something broke recently between that and the final 285.62.
Same, GTX 570. The most recent 285.38 betas work fine. Something broke recently between that and the final 285.62.

Posted 10/27/2011 02:45 AM   
I have the same problem with gtx 485m.
I have the same problem with gtx 485m.

Posted 10/27/2011 08:30 AM   
I went back to the 285.38 beta driver and the video in WMC is working just fine again. I can also play BF3, and have not yet had any stability issues or any major performance issues, but those were the common complaints with the beta driver.

I was on chat with someone from Nvidia yesterday and the only thing she said was to file a "feedback" report, so I did. I then followed that up this morning with another inquiry in regards to the issue.

I suggest that everyone that is having this issue please file a "feedback" report with Nvidia, the link to file one is below. If enough of us file these Nvidia can't just ignore it and will see it's a real issue they need to address with another driver ASAP, and not a beta driver.

http://nvidia-submit.custhelp.com/app/answers/list
I went back to the 285.38 beta driver and the video in WMC is working just fine again. I can also play BF3, and have not yet had any stability issues or any major performance issues, but those were the common complaints with the beta driver.

I was on chat with someone from Nvidia yesterday and the only thing she said was to file a "feedback" report, so I did. I then followed that up this morning with another inquiry in regards to the issue.

I suggest that everyone that is having this issue please file a "feedback" report with Nvidia, the link to file one is below. If enough of us file these Nvidia can't just ignore it and will see it's a real issue they need to address with another driver ASAP, and not a beta driver.

http://nvidia-submit.custhelp.com/app/answers/list

Posted 10/27/2011 01:07 PM   
[quote name='Feelgood' date='27 October 2011 - 09:07 AM' timestamp='1319720855' post='1315431']I was on chat with someone from Nvidia yesterday and the only thing she said was to file a "feedback" report, so I did. I then followed that up this morning with another inquiry in regards to the issue.[/quote]

I'd be a little disturbed if NVIDIA didn't know about major, widespread problems unless someone filed an individual support ticket. I'm wondering if anyone's Media Center DOES work with the new drivers or it's broken for everyone.
[quote name='Feelgood' date='27 October 2011 - 09:07 AM' timestamp='1319720855' post='1315431']I was on chat with someone from Nvidia yesterday and the only thing she said was to file a "feedback" report, so I did. I then followed that up this morning with another inquiry in regards to the issue.

I'd be a little disturbed if NVIDIA didn't know about major, widespread problems unless someone filed an individual support ticket. I'm wondering if anyone's Media Center DOES work with the new drivers or it's broken for everyone.

Posted 10/27/2011 05:39 PM   
have a nearly simular problem:

no video overlay on second monitor. :-(

Program: VLC, Mediaplayer
GPU: 470GTX
have a nearly simular problem:

no video overlay on second monitor. :-(

Program: VLC, Mediaplayer

GPU: 470GTX

Posted 10/27/2011 06:04 PM   
  1 / 5    
Scroll To Top