Triple Monitor Setup
I am running dual GTX 460's in SLI and just purchased three 27" ASUS monitors to run a triple monitor set up. I know we need to use the 3D Vision technology to run the triple monitor setup as well. My question is since I have the latest NVidia drivers which has the 3d Vision support built in do I still need to purchase 3D Vision to run my games across all three screens or will it have a way to set it up in 2D only through the NVidia software without purchasing the 3D Vision? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
I am running dual GTX 460's in SLI and just purchased three 27" ASUS monitors to run a triple monitor set up. I know we need to use the 3D Vision technology to run the triple monitor setup as well. My question is since I have the latest NVidia drivers which has the 3d Vision support built in do I still need to purchase 3D Vision to run my games across all three screens or will it have a way to set it up in 2D only through the NVidia software without purchasing the 3D Vision? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Posted 10/23/2011 01:40 AM   
x

[quote name='G0DF47H3R' date='23 October 2011 - 02:40 AM' timestamp='1319334003' post='1312139']
[/quote]

Hello! I see that nobody helps you. This is nVidia's house, welcome! So I have also 3 monitors (Samsung 940B). I have two 8800GTS (i know not the latest) card with SLI cable plugged. First of all I saw a lot of youtube videos with 3 monitors, i was amazed. I'm kind of techy guy and because of my work i use my first monitor to see my e-mails the midlle monitor where i work instantly, and the third monitor the servers and winamp, skype and other stuffs. So my plan was: I want three monitors but because the video card (if there is only one) i cant plug more than 2! So i buyed another one card. It was not a big comparison success with two video card and one monitor. The games was i little bit faster than on one videocard. Next day i bought another monitor. It was better with the two monitor but i doesn't played anything because the center of the screen was annoying so i bought another one third day. After that i realized that the SLI is supporting ONLY ONE MONITOR! So if you want to use 3 you can, but without SLI enabled! I play only low class games so if I want to use SLI i will turn the other 2 montior off and I will play only with one monitor. I played and i realized that all my icons, was centered to one monitor and when i turned off SLI my other 2 monitor was empty so i arranged my icons back. When I want to play I make a screen-shot, it's so disgusting. So MR nVidia why can't do something with this? Then i wanted to use nView because i have only one taskbar in my middle of the screen and i hate to make kilometers with mouse and i saw a great wideo about nView. nView is supported somewhere in windows seven 64 bit but where can i download? OH I SEE, WHERE CAN I BUY? I don't know. After that i saw on youtube that a lot of people plays games on three monitors. WOW but how? After 3 days of reading I realized that those guys who plays with nVidia buyed a 300 dollar Matrox branded TripleHead2Go adapter what is working like cheating the Windows that the desktop is 3 monitor long so the games (if the game is supported) setting you change to that resolution. You don't need SLI or anything else, but If the game is not supported you can't play and if you want to watch a film, you can't because of the resolution...

So nVidia doesn't supports the triple display, Windows 7 also. One case was that simply I wanted to know how can I use a triple desktop background... I found a solution with a third party program... It's disgusting...

So after that I was at my work and I saw my mate who had triple display also... He use Linux, he had 3 bar (every monitor has one) On Windows he can play games because he had AMD video cards and because of the EyeFinity. They had video how to set up and how to play, what kind of games supported...

The best thing in this that I had only one video card and a motherboard with CrossFire supported and 3 PCI-EX slots so i sold the motherboard, i bought another ASUS motherboard (what was slower and my memorys doesn't run on 1333 only on 1066) to DO THIS becouse i was somewhere an nVidia FAN.

The conclusion: I have 2 video cards and one ASUS motherboard for sale!

Sorry for my english, sorry for anything but i spent a lot of money, a lot of time...
x

[quote name='G0DF47H3R' date='23 October 2011 - 02:40 AM' timestamp='1319334003' post='1312139']

Hello! I see that nobody helps you. This is nVidia's house, welcome! So I have also 3 monitors (Samsung 940B). I have two 8800GTS (i know not the latest) card with SLI cable plugged. First of all I saw a lot of youtube videos with 3 monitors, i was amazed. I'm kind of techy guy and because of my work i use my first monitor to see my e-mails the midlle monitor where i work instantly, and the third monitor the servers and winamp, skype and other stuffs. So my plan was: I want three monitors but because the video card (if there is only one) i cant plug more than 2! So i buyed another one card. It was not a big comparison success with two video card and one monitor. The games was i little bit faster than on one videocard. Next day i bought another monitor. It was better with the two monitor but i doesn't played anything because the center of the screen was annoying so i bought another one third day. After that i realized that the SLI is supporting ONLY ONE MONITOR! So if you want to use 3 you can, but without SLI enabled! I play only low class games so if I want to use SLI i will turn the other 2 montior off and I will play only with one monitor. I played and i realized that all my icons, was centered to one monitor and when i turned off SLI my other 2 monitor was empty so i arranged my icons back. When I want to play I make a screen-shot, it's so disgusting. So MR nVidia why can't do something with this? Then i wanted to use nView because i have only one taskbar in my middle of the screen and i hate to make kilometers with mouse and i saw a great wideo about nView. nView is supported somewhere in windows seven 64 bit but where can i download? OH I SEE, WHERE CAN I BUY? I don't know. After that i saw on youtube that a lot of people plays games on three monitors. WOW but how? After 3 days of reading I realized that those guys who plays with nVidia buyed a 300 dollar Matrox branded TripleHead2Go adapter what is working like cheating the Windows that the desktop is 3 monitor long so the games (if the game is supported) setting you change to that resolution. You don't need SLI or anything else, but If the game is not supported you can't play and if you want to watch a film, you can't because of the resolution...

So nVidia doesn't supports the triple display, Windows 7 also. One case was that simply I wanted to know how can I use a triple desktop background... I found a solution with a third party program... It's disgusting...

So after that I was at my work and I saw my mate who had triple display also... He use Linux, he had 3 bar (every monitor has one) On Windows he can play games because he had AMD video cards and because of the EyeFinity. They had video how to set up and how to play, what kind of games supported...

The best thing in this that I had only one video card and a motherboard with CrossFire supported and 3 PCI-EX slots so i sold the motherboard, i bought another ASUS motherboard (what was slower and my memorys doesn't run on 1333 only on 1066) to DO THIS becouse i was somewhere an nVidia FAN.

The conclusion: I have 2 video cards and one ASUS motherboard for sale!

Sorry for my english, sorry for anything but i spent a lot of money, a lot of time...

Posted 11/20/2011 08:46 PM   
Scroll To Top