ASUS 550 - How to enable HDMI port?
Greetings -

I just bought an ASUS 550 TI as an upgrade to my old 8600 GTS. My old card had two DVI ports which I used in a dual monitor setup. I used a DVI-DVI to the monitor and DVI-HDMI to my TV. This new 550 comes with a DVI, HDMI and DSUB. I figured I could just plug my TV in directly into the HDMI port, but the card does not recognize it at all.

Do I need to do something in order to enable the HDMI port? The card recognizes my TV when I use the DSUB port but it looks awful. I really need to get it to work with the HDMI port. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
Greetings -

I just bought an ASUS 550 TI as an upgrade to my old 8600 GTS. My old card had two DVI ports which I used in a dual monitor setup. I used a DVI-DVI to the monitor and DVI-HDMI to my TV. This new 550 comes with a DVI, HDMI and DSUB. I figured I could just plug my TV in directly into the HDMI port, but the card does not recognize it at all.

Do I need to do something in order to enable the HDMI port? The card recognizes my TV when I use the DSUB port but it looks awful. I really need to get it to work with the HDMI port. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Posted 10/22/2011 04:15 PM   
it should enable automatically, there are no such settings!
it should enable automatically, there are no such settings!
Scroll To Top