Official Thread: 3D Vision 2 and 3D LightBoost Feel free to ask me questions
  1 / 17    
Hi All

I was at GeForce LAN 6 this past week so I couldn't post any threads on it.

I saw some threads already so I wanted to start this one.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask here.
Hi All

I was at GeForce LAN 6 this past week so I couldn't post any threads on it.

I saw some threads already so I wanted to start this one.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask here.

Posted 10/18/2011 04:52 PM   
Can I use the glasses with my existing Nvidia 3D Vision transmitter?

When are they going to be available?

Do you like Coke or Pepsi? /tongue.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':tongue:' />

Thanks /w00twave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':w00twave:' />
Can I use the glasses with my existing Nvidia 3D Vision transmitter?

When are they going to be available?

Do you like Coke or Pepsi? /tongue.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':tongue:' />

Thanks /w00twave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':w00twave:' />

Posted 10/18/2011 04:55 PM   
First off, please use the knowledge. We have lots of FAQs there.

3D Vision 2 FAQs http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/list#s=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.

3D LightBoost FAQs
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/list#s=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.

To answer your questions:
- Yes, 3D Vision 2 glasses can work with the old IR emitters.
- Should be available near the end of this month
- I prefer Root Beer.
First off, please use the knowledge. We have lots of FAQs there.

3D Vision 2 FAQs http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/list#s=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.

3D LightBoost FAQs

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/list#s=eyJzZiI6eyIxMDc3NDAiOnsiZmlsdGVycyI6eyJub190cnVuY2F0ZSI6MCwicGFnZSI6MSwic2VhcmNoVHlwZSI6eyJmaWx0ZXJzIjp7ImRhdGEiOjUsInJuU2VhcmNoVHlwZSI6InNlYXJjaFR5cGUiLCJmbHRyX2lkIjo1fX0sImtleXdvcmQiOnsiZmlsdGVycyI6eyJkYXRhIjoiM0QgTGlnaHRCb29zdCIsInJuU2VhcmNoVHlwZSI6ImtleXdvcmQifX0sInAiOnsiZmlsdGVycyI6eyJkYXRhIjp7IjAiOltdfSwicm5TZWFyY2hUeXBlIjoibWVudWZpbHRlciIsImZsdHJfaWQiOjJ9fSwiYyI6eyJmaWx0ZXJzIjp7ImRhdGEiOnsiMCI6W119LCJyblNlYXJjaFR5cGUiOiJtZW51ZmlsdGVyIiwiZmx0cl9pZCI6M319LCJzb3J0X2FyZ3MiOnsiZmlsdGVycyI6eyJkYXRhIjp7ImNvbF9pZCI6Ii0xIiwic29ydF9kaXJlY3Rpb24iOiIxIn19fX19fSwiYyI6NX0.

To answer your questions:

- Yes, 3D Vision 2 glasses can work with the old IR emitters.

- Should be available near the end of this month

- I prefer Root Beer.

Posted 10/18/2011 05:08 PM   
Do the new glasses do a better job of uniformly blocking light when shuttered closed? What I mean is the lenses themselves when shuttered close do a better job of blocking light in the center, but worst toward the edges resulting in more stereo cross-talk toward the edges.

The easiest way to see this is to turn on 3D Vision in any game, then hold the power button and the left eye should shutter close for ~10s. You can see on the edge of the screen there is more bleedthrough/cross-talk. Do the 3DV2 glasses do a better job of blocking this crosstalk?

Also, kudos to you guys for making a lot of the changes we asked for to the frame itself. I may look to get a pair of these as they look to be much more comfortable than the old ones.

Any way we can "step-up" and trade-in our older glasses for some credit toward a new pair of 3DV2? Worth a shot anyways. :D
Do the new glasses do a better job of uniformly blocking light when shuttered closed? What I mean is the lenses themselves when shuttered close do a better job of blocking light in the center, but worst toward the edges resulting in more stereo cross-talk toward the edges.

The easiest way to see this is to turn on 3D Vision in any game, then hold the power button and the left eye should shutter close for ~10s. You can see on the edge of the screen there is more bleedthrough/cross-talk. Do the 3DV2 glasses do a better job of blocking this crosstalk?

Also, kudos to you guys for making a lot of the changes we asked for to the frame itself. I may look to get a pair of these as they look to be much more comfortable than the old ones.

Any way we can "step-up" and trade-in our older glasses for some credit toward a new pair of 3DV2? Worth a shot anyways. :D

-=HeliX=- Mod 3DV Game Fixes
My 3D Vision Games List Ratings

Intel Core i7 920 D0 @4.0GHz 1.29V | EVGA X58 Classified 760 | Win7 x64 Ultimate | Antec 620 LC
Galaxy GeForce GTX 670 GC SLI | Asus VG278H 120Hz LCD + 3D Vision 2 | 12GB Samsung DDR3 1600 35nm
Intel X25-M G2 160GB SSD | WD Black 3x1.5TB RAID 0 | Kingston HyperX 2x128GB SSD RAID 0
Sony STR-DG1000 A/V Receiver | Polk Audio RM6880 7.1 | LG Blu-Ray
Auzen X-Fi HT HD | Logitech G700/G110/G27 | CM HAF X Blue | Antec TPQ-1200W

Posted 10/18/2011 05:16 PM   
What laptops have Lightboost technology in place or coming besides the Toshiba?

Posted 10/18/2011 06:01 PM   
Yes monitors have been tuned in quality to result in better panel ghost reduction. The glasses dont necessarily do that, but we can do it with a combination of new monitors and new techniques.

I wish there was a step up program, we'll look into that, but nothing concrete.

[quote name='Duaned' date='18 October 2011 - 01:01 PM' timestamp='1318960880' post='1309941']
[/quote]

Unfortunately we cannot disclose unannounced products.
Yes monitors have been tuned in quality to result in better panel ghost reduction. The glasses dont necessarily do that, but we can do it with a combination of new monitors and new techniques.

I wish there was a step up program, we'll look into that, but nothing concrete.

[quote name='Duaned' date='18 October 2011 - 01:01 PM' timestamp='1318960880' post='1309941']

Unfortunately we cannot disclose unannounced products.

Posted 10/18/2011 10:03 PM   
What about the brightness of the glasses, will the new ones be brighter than the old ones using current non-lightboost monitors?
What about the brightness of the glasses, will the new ones be brighter than the old ones using current non-lightboost monitors?

Posted 10/18/2011 11:51 PM   
What are the plans (if any) for wired 3D Vision 2 glasses?

Posted 10/18/2011 11:58 PM   
Notice how the news of 3d Vision 2 just dropped out of nowhere and will be available in the next few weeks. Unlike many companies that let their customers know about upcoming products, not Nvida. Nvidia was completely content to let all the customers who purchased the Acer 27" monitor kit piss away $700+ for a product they knew would be very shortly obsolete. Sure would have been nice to have been able to spend that $700 on a light boost monitor and glasses by simply waiting a couple of months. Of course tech advances, but Nvidia knew this was in development and specifically said nothing to protect short term profits at the expense of long term customer retention. Just another example as to how Nvidia really does not care about their customers, only how quickly they can con you out of your money. Makes the red team look awfully tempting.
Notice how the news of 3d Vision 2 just dropped out of nowhere and will be available in the next few weeks. Unlike many companies that let their customers know about upcoming products, not Nvida. Nvidia was completely content to let all the customers who purchased the Acer 27" monitor kit piss away $700+ for a product they knew would be very shortly obsolete. Sure would have been nice to have been able to spend that $700 on a light boost monitor and glasses by simply waiting a couple of months. Of course tech advances, but Nvidia knew this was in development and specifically said nothing to protect short term profits at the expense of long term customer retention. Just another example as to how Nvidia really does not care about their customers, only how quickly they can con you out of your money. Makes the red team look awfully tempting.

Posted 10/19/2011 02:14 PM   
[quote]Notice how the news of 3d Vision 2 just dropped out of nowhere and will be available in the next few weeks. Unlike many companies that let their customers know about upcoming products, not Nvida. Nvidia was completely content to let all the customers who purchased the Acer 27" monitor kit piss away $700+ for a product they knew would be very shortly obsolete. Sure would have been nice to have been able to spend that $700 on a light boost monitor and glasses by simply waiting a couple of months. Of course tech advances, but Nvidia knew this was in development and specifically said nothing to protect short term profits at the expense of long term customer retention. Just another example as to how Nvidia really does not care about their customers, only how quickly they can con you out of your money. Makes the red team look awfully tempting.[/quote]

yes .. thats a good point .. I bought that one and its a little annoying

regards
steps

yes .. thats a good point .. I bought that one and its a little annoying

regards

steps

Windows 7 64bit,AMD FX 8350,Nvidia GTX 670
Acer HN274H + nVidia 3D Vision,TriDef Driver
Acer H5360 + nVidia 3D Vision,TriDef Driver

http://photos.3dvisionlive.com/stepsbarto/

Posted 10/19/2011 03:14 PM   
[quote name='Guz' date='18 October 2011 - 06:51 PM' timestamp='1318981896' post='1310094']
[/quote]

The new 3D LightBoost brightness is built into the monitor. So you can use whatever glasses you want and all have the benefit brighter 3D. Again, this was an FAQ question so I encourage all to read them.

[quote name='Zloth' date='18 October 2011 - 06:58 PM' timestamp='1318982289' post='1310098']
[/quote]

We dont have any plans right now since we just launched our first 3D Vision firt-gen wired glasses. We will evaluate the interest in wired glasses and consider if it makes sense to do a 3D Vision 2 based design.
[quote name='Guz' date='18 October 2011 - 06:51 PM' timestamp='1318981896' post='1310094']

The new 3D LightBoost brightness is built into the monitor. So you can use whatever glasses you want and all have the benefit brighter 3D. Again, this was an FAQ question so I encourage all to read them.

[quote name='Zloth' date='18 October 2011 - 06:58 PM' timestamp='1318982289' post='1310098']

We dont have any plans right now since we just launched our first 3D Vision firt-gen wired glasses. We will evaluate the interest in wired glasses and consider if it makes sense to do a 3D Vision 2 based design.

Posted 10/19/2011 03:48 PM   
[quote name='Mdym' date='19 October 2011 - 09:14 AM' timestamp='1319033659' post='1310383']
[/quote]

Hi

I certaintly appreciate the fact that customers spend lots of money on products.

However I would point out that most companies do not disclose product launches ahead of time. Take for example Apple. We wll knew a press event was coming and we knew a new iPhone would be announced, but Apple never issued a media alert saying they would be announcing a new iPhone.

In fact, we tried to lean forward a bit about new 3D Vision products with GeForce LAN 6.

Again, I appreciate every customer that has invested in 3D Vision which is why I visit these forums and try to help.
[quote name='Mdym' date='19 October 2011 - 09:14 AM' timestamp='1319033659' post='1310383']

Hi

I certaintly appreciate the fact that customers spend lots of money on products.

However I would point out that most companies do not disclose product launches ahead of time. Take for example Apple. We wll knew a press event was coming and we knew a new iPhone would be announced, but Apple never issued a media alert saying they would be announcing a new iPhone.

In fact, we tried to lean forward a bit about new 3D Vision products with GeForce LAN 6.

Again, I appreciate every customer that has invested in 3D Vision which is why I visit these forums and try to help.

Posted 10/19/2011 03:53 PM   
Andrew is there any advantages of upgarding to vision 2 glasses with the old monitors?
Andrew is there any advantages of upgarding to vision 2 glasses with the old monitors?

Posted 10/19/2011 03:56 PM   
[quote name='GTRedx69' date='19 October 2011 - 11:56 AM' timestamp='1319039762' post='1310422']
[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing, also besides besides the fact that the glasses provide a larger viewing area, would u recommend these for some one wanting to get a 3D projector with out the lightboost.
[quote name='GTRedx69' date='19 October 2011 - 11:56 AM' timestamp='1319039762' post='1310422']

I was thinking the same thing, also besides besides the fact that the glasses provide a larger viewing area, would u recommend these for some one wanting to get a 3D projector with out the lightboost.

Posted 10/19/2011 04:51 PM   
[quote name='GTRedx69' date='19 October 2011 - 08:56 AM' timestamp='1319039762' post='1310422']
[/quote]

I want to know this as well. I've looked at the FAQ that Andrew points us to, and I don't see this answered. If I missed it, can you point me to it. If it's not there, can you answer this please?

Thanks.
[quote name='GTRedx69' date='19 October 2011 - 08:56 AM' timestamp='1319039762' post='1310422']

I want to know this as well. I've looked at the FAQ that Andrew points us to, and I don't see this answered. If I missed it, can you point me to it. If it's not there, can you answer this please?

Thanks.

Hey, hey, hey, hey-now. Don't be mean; we don't have to be mean, cuz, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

-Buckaroo Banzai

Posted 10/19/2011 04:55 PM   
  1 / 17    
Scroll To Top