The graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware
Just bought a Sony Vaio VGN-AW35GJ Laptol and upgraded it to Windows 7 (previously had Vista)

Went into dxdiag and it tells me that the graphics card is a Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. I know this isn't right because it is supposed to be a 1080 Full HD screen and had built in Blu Ray.

I check the specification list that came in the box and it tells me next to GPU "Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT notebook graphics processing unit (GPU)"

Ok cool so I go onto the Nvidia website and download the driver for that card. When I goto install it tells me "The graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware"

I'm confused. My screen resolution and graphics aren't right and the screen looks very dull etc.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Just bought a Sony Vaio VGN-AW35GJ Laptol and upgraded it to Windows 7 (previously had Vista)

Went into dxdiag and it tells me that the graphics card is a Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. I know this isn't right because it is supposed to be a 1080 Full HD screen and had built in Blu Ray.

I check the specification list that came in the box and it tells me next to GPU "Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT notebook graphics processing unit (GPU)"

Ok cool so I go onto the Nvidia website and download the driver for that card. When I goto install it tells me "The graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware"

I'm confused. My screen resolution and graphics aren't right and the screen looks very dull etc.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Posted 10/14/2011 01:26 AM   
Sorry, NVIDIA drivers does not work on Sony Laptops.

The following Sony VAIO notebooks are supported: Sony VAIO F Series with NVIDIA GeForce 310M, GeForce GT 330M, GeForce GT 425M, GeForce GT 520M or GeForce GT 540M. Other Sony VAIO notebooks are not supported at this time (please contact Sony for driver support).
Sorry, NVIDIA drivers does not work on Sony Laptops.

The following Sony VAIO notebooks are supported: Sony VAIO F Series with NVIDIA GeForce 310M, GeForce GT 330M, GeForce GT 425M, GeForce GT 520M or GeForce GT 540M. Other Sony VAIO notebooks are not supported at this time (please contact Sony for driver support).
Surely not. There must be someway to fix this. Should I restore the laptop back to factory settings and try and install Windows 7 again?
Surely not. There must be someway to fix this. Should I restore the laptop back to factory settings and try and install Windows 7 again?

Posted 10/14/2011 01:32 AM   
NVIDIA has worked with some notebook manufacturers to provide notebook-specific driver updates, however, Sony has decided to support their customers directly and click on the following link for further assistance
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/os7upgrade.pl.

NVIDIA has worked with some notebook manufacturers to provide notebook-specific driver updates, however, Sony has decided to support their customers directly and click on the following link for further assistance

[quote name='Limpetz' date='14 October 2011 - 01:34 PM' timestamp='1318556042' post='1307931']
Are you trying to install drivers from NVIDIA or Sony??
[/quote]

Nvidia. I'm trying to install this. [url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-win7-winvista-64bit-280.26-whql-driver.html"]http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-win7-winvista-64bit-280.26-whql-driver.html[/url]
[quote name='Limpetz' date='14 October 2011 - 01:34 PM' timestamp='1318556042' post='1307931']

Are you trying to install drivers from NVIDIA or Sony??

Nvidia. I'm trying to install this. http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-win7-winvista-64bit-280.26-whql-driver.html

Posted 10/14/2011 01:38 AM   
[/quote]

I'll give that a try mate. Cheers

Posted 10/14/2011 01:41 AM   
[quote name='raligt' date='14 October 2011 - 07:11 AM' timestamp='1318556495' post='1307936']
[/quote]

Your welcome /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />
[quote name='raligt' date='14 October 2011 - 07:11 AM' timestamp='1318556495' post='1307936']

Your welcome /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />
I'm having a similar problem. I have an ASUS K52Jc with a GeForce 310M. I'm trying to set things up so that the laptop always uses the nVidia card instead of the Intel HD Graphics thing, as described in [url=http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/lai7s/weird_and_wonderful_fps_boost/]this[/url] Reddit thread. However, when I open up the nVidia Control Panel and click on "Manage 3D Settings", the control panel's executable stops responding and Windows shuts it down. Even worse, I now can't open the control panel at all without Windows reporting that it has stopped responding and closing the window - no error logs are given, just a dialog saying that the program has stopped responding, so Windows is shutting it down.

I thought installing the latest drivers for my video card from nVidia would fix the problem, but instead, I'm simply told that "The graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware", and prompted to close the installation dialog.

Is there anything I can do to fix this, or am I hosed?

EDIT: I tried downloading the latest driver for the laptop from the ASUS website. Same result: "The graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware".
I'm having a similar problem. I have an ASUS K52Jc with a GeForce 310M. I'm trying to set things up so that the laptop always uses the nVidia card instead of the Intel HD Graphics thing, as described in this Reddit thread. However, when I open up the nVidia Control Panel and click on "Manage 3D Settings", the control panel's executable stops responding and Windows shuts it down. Even worse, I now can't open the control panel at all without Windows reporting that it has stopped responding and closing the window - no error logs are given, just a dialog saying that the program has stopped responding, so Windows is shutting it down.

I thought installing the latest drivers for my video card from nVidia would fix the problem, but instead, I'm simply told that "The graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware", and prompted to close the installation dialog.

EDIT: I tried downloading the latest driver for the laptop from the ASUS website. Same result: "The graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware".

Posted 10/14/2011 04:10 AM   
[quote name='dragonshardz' date='14 October 2011 - 09:40 AM' timestamp='1318565445' post='1307989']
I'm having a similar problem. I have an ASUS K52Jc with a GeForce 310M. I'm trying to set things up so that the laptop always uses the nVidia card instead of the Intel HD Graphics thing, as described in [url="http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/lai7s/weird_and_wonderful_fps_boost/"]this[/url] Reddit thread. However, when I open up the nVidia Control Panel and click on "Manage 3D Settings", the control panel's executable stops responding and Windows shuts it down. Even worse, I now can't open the control panel at all without Windows reporting that it has stopped responding and closing the window - no error logs are given, just a dialog saying that the program has stopped responding, so Windows is shutting it down.

[/quote]

try installing the drivers in safemode and check if it still works or not, if it does not work..then any another older NVIDIA drivers like version 266.58
[quote name='dragonshardz' date='14 October 2011 - 09:40 AM' timestamp='1318565445' post='1307989']

I'm having a similar problem. I have an ASUS K52Jc with a GeForce 310M. I'm trying to set things up so that the laptop always uses the nVidia card instead of the Intel HD Graphics thing, as described in this Reddit thread. However, when I open up the nVidia Control Panel and click on "Manage 3D Settings", the control panel's executable stops responding and Windows shuts it down. Even worse, I now can't open the control panel at all without Windows reporting that it has stopped responding and closing the window - no error logs are given, just a dialog saying that the program has stopped responding, so Windows is shutting it down.

try installing the drivers in safemode and check if it still works or not, if it does not work..then any another older NVIDIA drivers like version 266.58
[quote name='Limpetz' date='14 October 2011 - 02:03 AM' timestamp='1318583010' post='1308068']
[/quote]

I can't even get into Safe Mode - I'll get to the Advanced Startup Options by tapping F8 until it comes up, then select Safe Mode - but once I do, the computer restarts and boots into normal Windows five seconds after the login window appears onscreen.
[quote name='Limpetz' date='14 October 2011 - 02:03 AM' timestamp='1318583010' post='1308068']

I can't even get into Safe Mode - I'll get to the Advanced Startup Options by tapping F8 until it comes up, then select Safe Mode - but once I do, the computer restarts and boots into normal Windows five seconds after the login window appears onscreen.

Posted 10/14/2011 10:24 PM   
Bunp? Anyone have any ideas?

Posted 10/16/2011 04:19 AM   
[quote name='dragonshardz' date='15 October 2011 - 09:19 PM' timestamp='1318738755' post='1308822']
[/quote]

I'm also lost. I just got a new Dell and rolled to my Vista Ultimate so as to be compatible on my home network, but I cannot find any drivers for Windows Vista 64 bit that works with my GeForce 525M card. The Intel one is fine. I tried going to Dell's site, and here, neither will install the drivers. I really do not want to be forced to "upgrade" to Win 7 just because of an OS.
[quote name='dragonshardz' date='15 October 2011 - 09:19 PM' timestamp='1318738755' post='1308822']

I'm also lost. I just got a new Dell and rolled to my Vista Ultimate so as to be compatible on my home network, but I cannot find any drivers for Windows Vista 64 bit that works with my GeForce 525M card. The Intel one is fine. I tried going to Dell's site, and here, neither will install the drivers. I really do not want to be forced to "upgrade" to Win 7 just because of an OS.

Posted 10/18/2011 03:37 PM   
laptopvideo2go download a modded ini and force the drivers to install simple fast safe blah blah blah didn't vista die even before xp did lol
laptopvideo2go download a modded ini and force the drivers to install simple fast safe blah blah blah didn't vista die even before xp did lol

Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 Case

ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3

i7-2600k @ 4.4 GHz

Corsair H60 in Push/Pull

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24

2 Zotac GTX 580s in SLI

Crucial M4 128GB SSD for OS

Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB 7200 RPM HDD

PSU Corsair HX 1050W

Windows 7 64-Bit Home Premium

Monitor Dell UltraSharp U2410 (1920x1200)

Posted 10/18/2011 03:55 PM   
[quote name='MontyQ' date='18 October 2011 - 08:55 AM' timestamp='1318953330' post='1309872']
[/quote]

My mistake... I failed to mention I tried this. :\ It installed the driver, however, Windows didn't accept it and it still shows with the "!" on the Device Manager. :(
[quote name='MontyQ' date='18 October 2011 - 08:55 AM' timestamp='1318953330' post='1309872']

My mistake... I failed to mention I tried this. :\ It installed the driver, however, Windows didn't accept it and it still shows with the "!" on the Device Manager. :(

Posted 10/18/2011 05:35 PM   
Anyone? I'm still having this problem. I suppose I could manually overwrite the drivers in System32 with the driver files from the latest update.
Anyone? I'm still having this problem. I suppose I could manually overwrite the drivers in System32 with the driver files from the latest update.

Posted 10/26/2011 06:14 AM   
Scroll To Top