Drivers 280.26
Hi Guys,

Let me explain my issue. I am in any graphical app, be it a game or even something like a flash video in full screen. It can be anywhere from 2 mins to 10 mins but during that time, my pc just simply stops. The screen stops receiving input and i have to hard reset the pc itself.
Windows reports when i go back in that the NVIDIA Graphics Driver has stopped responding. So i have tried the following things to try and resolve the issue:

Uninstalled all drivers and nvidia software. Gone back to driver version 275.33, same issue. I am now trying 266.58, i have not tried this driver yet but i am using the medusa demo to just see if it crashes. My system specs are below:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
Intel Core 2 Quad q9550
4GB RAM
NVIDIA GTX 280
Fatality XFI

If anyone could help that would be great. I know that quite a few people are having the same issue from browsing the net for the last about 2 weeks but nothing seems to be working.

Thanks Guys.
Hi Guys,

Let me explain my issue. I am in any graphical app, be it a game or even something like a flash video in full screen. It can be anywhere from 2 mins to 10 mins but during that time, my pc just simply stops. The screen stops receiving input and i have to hard reset the pc itself.

Windows reports when i go back in that the NVIDIA Graphics Driver has stopped responding. So i have tried the following things to try and resolve the issue:

Uninstalled all drivers and nvidia software. Gone back to driver version 275.33, same issue. I am now trying 266.58, i have not tried this driver yet but i am using the medusa demo to just see if it crashes. My system specs are below:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64

Intel Core 2 Quad q9550

4GB RAM

NVIDIA GTX 280

Fatality XFI

If anyone could help that would be great. I know that quite a few people are having the same issue from browsing the net for the last about 2 weeks but nothing seems to be working.

Thanks Guys.

Posted 10/09/2011 01:22 PM   
On a small update to this, the drivers i just installed, 266.58 don't freeze the pc as the rest of them did, these ones just stop the Graphics. sound and everything else seems to be working but graphics just stops and the screen goes blank. I might be getting somewhere
On a small update to this, the drivers i just installed, 266.58 don't freeze the pc as the rest of them did, these ones just stop the Graphics. sound and everything else seems to be working but graphics just stops and the screen goes blank. I might be getting somewhere

Posted 10/09/2011 01:27 PM   
[quote name='superchief' date='09 October 2011 - 08:27 AM' timestamp='1318166842' post='1305604']
[/quote]
Also try using older Drivers to see if the problem still exists, if they do you may have faulty hardware but could be anything based upon your description.
[quote name='superchief' date='09 October 2011 - 08:27 AM' timestamp='1318166842' post='1305604']

Also try using older Drivers to see if the problem still exists, if they do you may have faulty hardware but could be anything based upon your description.

Posted 10/09/2011 04:21 PM   
Hi,

I have exactly the same problem.

When I try to view some video on YouTube or anything Adobe Flash related. The computre randomly crashes.
I have a Dell XPS M1730 - 8700 GT SLI - Drivers 280.26

Do you have any idea ?

Regards,

MisterG
Hi,

When I try to view some video on YouTube or anything Adobe Flash related. The computre randomly crashes.

Do you have any idea ?

Regards,

MisterG

Posted 10/10/2011 05:41 PM   
Same problem here,

My ASUS has optimus, so luckily I can use the Intel chipset while the nVidia gets sorted out.
I tried System Restore to revert to before I installed the new 280.26 drivers. It even confirmed that the nvidia drivers would be affected by the restore.

But when I went back into the nVidia control panel, it still said the newer drivers were installed, as opposed to the last ones, 275.33 I think.
Some features were missing from the control panel that got added with the new drivers, such as different tray icons.

How can I rollback my drivers to the previous ones? I don't have the installation of the old ones anymore.
Same problem here,

My ASUS has optimus, so luckily I can use the Intel chipset while the nVidia gets sorted out.

I tried System Restore to revert to before I installed the new 280.26 drivers. It even confirmed that the nvidia drivers would be affected by the restore.

But when I went back into the nVidia control panel, it still said the newer drivers were installed, as opposed to the last ones, 275.33 I think.

Some features were missing from the control panel that got added with the new drivers, such as different tray icons.

How can I rollback my drivers to the previous ones? I don't have the installation of the old ones anymore.

Posted 10/12/2011 08:30 AM   
You can download them from the nVidia website.
Search for older/beta drivers.
I have installed old ones and the problem still exists.

I'm wondering if the problem does not come from Adobe Flash itself.
What version of Flash do you have ?

Mine is 10.3.183.10

Regards
You can download them from the nVidia website.

Search for older/beta drivers.

I have installed old ones and the problem still exists.

I'm wondering if the problem does not come from Adobe Flash itself.

What version of Flash do you have ?

Mine is 10.3.183.10

Regards

Posted 10/12/2011 08:40 AM   
i had the same problem. when my pc freezes/blank monitor. the sound continues to play then after waiting 30sec to 1 minute the pc rusumes as if nothing ever happened! sometimes the pc will crash and the sound will loop the last milli second of sound thats when i know my pc has crashed and needs to be hard reset. but no driver has helped. i went back as far as the first 260 drivers. however if i go back any further will i lose performance on games on my 9800gt? i mean what driver did the performance for the 8/9 series stop?
i had the same problem. when my pc freezes/blank monitor. the sound continues to play then after waiting 30sec to 1 minute the pc rusumes as if nothing ever happened! sometimes the pc will crash and the sound will loop the last milli second of sound thats when i know my pc has crashed and needs to be hard reset. but no driver has helped. i went back as far as the first 260 drivers. however if i go back any further will i lose performance on games on my 9800gt? i mean what driver did the performance for the 8/9 series stop?

Processor: Intel Core i5 3570k 3.4GHz @ 4.2GHz 1.18v With Zalman 9900max Cooler

Memory: 8192MB Corsair Vengeance Pro Dual Channel DDR3 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24

Hard Drive: 500GB Samsung Spinpoint F1

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 800/1600/2000 @ 1.013mv

Monitor: ViewSonic VA2216w 22" 1680x1050

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Motherboard: ASRock Extreme 6 Z77

Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced with Corsair GS800 Watt PSU

Posted 10/12/2011 10:01 AM   
It must be a driver issue, i have installed tweakforce drivers and this makes the problem worse. I have gone as far back as 258.96 and with this one, sound continues but display stops.

There must be a way to sort this out nvidia? I cannot play any games for more than 30 seconds before i have to stop.

Short of building a new rig, i have no idea what to do.
It must be a driver issue, i have installed tweakforce drivers and this makes the problem worse. I have gone as far back as 258.96 and with this one, sound continues but display stops.

There must be a way to sort this out nvidia? I cannot play any games for more than 30 seconds before i have to stop.

Short of building a new rig, i have no idea what to do.

Posted 10/15/2011 12:45 PM   
[quote name='MisterG' date='10 October 2011 - 05:41 PM' timestamp='1318268492' post='1306126']
Hi,

Do you have any idea ?

Regards,

MisterG
[/quote]

on youtube pause the video right click the screen click on settings and disable accelerator should solve it
[quote name='MisterG' date='10 October 2011 - 05:41 PM' timestamp='1318268492' post='1306126']

Hi,

Do you have any idea ?

Regards,

MisterG

on youtube pause the video right click the screen click on settings and disable accelerator should solve it

Posted 02/11/2012 07:58 PM   
Scroll To Top